THE BROWNS BOARD

Dutch's Random Ohio State Droppings

On 2/18/2024 at 12:59 PM, Dutch Oven said:

I'm about to drop a truly random Dutch dropping on yo' asses...

The architect who designed Ohio Stadium, "The Horseshoe", was Howard Dwight Smith.

His granddaughter is actress Beverly D'Angelo. 

She's still pretty good looking in her 70s.  Let's hope she stays away from Meg Ryan's and Goldie Hawn's plastic surgeon(s).  They came out the other side of surgery looking like the poor kid in the movie Mask.

Anyway, I just re-watched a movie Beverly D'Angelo was in called American History X.  Edward Norton is an incredible actor.  If you don't believe me - watch the movie.  Stacy Keach must be pretty good too because he played the part of a pretty creepy bastard that really leaves you despising him. That's the type of guy very skilled at brainwashing very angry people until he's their cult leader. 

9 hours ago, Flugel said:

She's still pretty good looking in her 70s.  Let's hope she stays away from Meg Ryan's and Goldie Hawn's plastic surgeon(s).  They came out the other side of surgery looking like the poor kid in the movie Mask.

Anyway, I just re-watched a movie Beverly D'Angelo was in called American History X.  Edward Norton is an incredible actor.  If you don't believe me - watch the movie.  Stacy Keach must be pretty good too because he played the part of a pretty creepy bastard that really leaves you despising him. That's the type of guy very skilled at brainwashing very angry people until he's their cult leader. 

I saw that movie at the theatre, I think near Chapel Hill Mall (Akron/Cuyahoga Falls) with a mixed crowd.

It was eerily awkward walking out after the movie. 

42 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I saw that movie at the theatre, I think near Chapel Hill Mall (Akron/Cuyahoga Falls) with a mixed crowd.

It was eerily awkward walking out after the movie. 

The Irony is the real heavy set kid that was friends with both brothers in Am History X was gung ho racist.  He was the same actor that played in Remember the Titans as an OL that wasn't racist at all when they combined 2 schools to integrate races.  Pulled off both roles extremely well IMO.

• Like 1

Northwestern is in the process of tearing down Ryan Field and rebuilding a new stadium on the site, so they will not have a legit home stadium, as they may bounce between various Chicago area sites..

Rumor has it that Ohio State's November 16th game vs the Wildcats will be at Wrigley Field. I have family in the Chicago suburbs, I think I might have to try and go. I can't imagine how expensive the tickets will be. Wrigley only seats about 37,000+ for football. 

• 2 weeks later...

Big basketball day today for the Buckeyes, as the women's #2 ranked team plays against Caitlin Clark and the #6 Iowa Hawkeyes at 1pm... then the suddenly rejuvenated men's team battles the going to be fired as soon as the season ends Juwan Howard-lead TCUN Wolverines at 4pm. 

But the firings at Ann Arbor won't be ending there... this year is going to be VERY interesting for the scUM athletic department, trust me on this. 

On 3/3/2024 at 11:43 AM, Dutch Oven said:

But the firings at Ann Arbor won't be ending there... this year is going to be VERY interesting for the scUM athletic department, trust me on this. 

Will do!  It sure looks like a lot of players and coaches are leaving that place in a hurry.  We've seen this kind of thing before when Jimmy Johnson left the University of Miami for the Dallas Cowboys.  Johnson never suffered any consequences; the football program there got all the punishment.  Johnson actually got rewarded with the HC job with the Dallas Cowboys where he won 2 Super Bowls.  The same thing could very well be brewing in Annie's Arbor...

7 hours ago, Flugel said:

Will do!  It sure looks like a lot of players and coaches are leaving that place in a hurry.  We've seen this kind of thing before when Jimmy Johnson left the University of Miami for the Dallas Cowboys.  Johnson never suffered any consequences; the football program there got all the punishment.  Johnson actually got rewarded with the HC job with the Dallas Cowboys where he won 2 Super Bowls.  The same thing could very well be brewing in Annie's Arbor...

Umm.... We had one "key" transfer leave this off-season, a back to safety in the rotation (to Bama after reportedly getting $1.25M NIL). 

Exactly what players or coaches have left the program that signal some "great scandal" to you?

I think the biggest surprise was our strength and conditioning coordinator leaving to follow Jim to the NFL. 

Genuinely curious. Though I imagine reality and what you think / have been told us happening are two very different things. 

Far more players, and players of significance, have left Bama

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

@Dutch Oven @Flugel

Lol

Got the impression that Ryan Day was on the fence bringing him back after he was only offered a one year deal after the season, and cut his pay.

I also get the impression that Alford saw the writing on the wall that Chip Kelly wasn't going to fight to keep him around either. 

Good guy, meh recruiter, almost a decade in Columbus. 

Enjoy the circus that is coming to Ann Arbor, Tony.  

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

It happened dawg

Best of luck in Day's desperation season 

You mean like getting your ass handed to you for two decades straight, dodging the 2020 contest because your 2-4 team was going to get annihilated and then starting the biggest on-field cheating scandal in NCAA football history desperate, Woody? 🤣

49 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

You mean like getting your ass handed to you for two decades straight, dodging the 2020 contest because your 2-4 team was going to get annihilated and then starting the biggest on-field cheating scandal in NCAA football history desperate, Woody? 🤣

You OSU fans are hilarious. I'll just enjoy the three peat and championship 

Lucky for you OSU should win next year. If they don't though, oh boy. 

But yes, desperation. Went hard with NIL and flashy coaches. I guess when you lack any real culture it's your best bet. 

Crazy Day took Meyers Ferrari and just crashed it 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

You OSU fans are hilarious. I'll just enjoy the three peat and championship 

Lucky for you OSU should win next year. If they don't though, oh boy. 

But yes, desperation. Went hard with NIL and flashy coaches. I guess when you lack any real culture it's your best bet. 

■  Crazy Day took Meyers Ferrari and just crashed it 

I don't think Day or Meyer or The OHIO STATE University are worried one bit about it.   Afterall what's a brand new Ferrari cost now ?   Paying cash of course.

The Jacksonville Jaguars fired Urban Meyer with four games remaining in the 2021 season, but they still have business to tend to with their former head coach. Meyer had somewhere in the neighborhood of $50 million remaining on his contract at the time he was dismissed by the Jaguars.May 4, 2022

....  edit add #1 ....  I know you would be all wondering about this so here goes,  $50M cash ?  Nobody's that stupid ... maybe/maybe not. 

--> Personally (only)  I smell a deal coming up,  to avoid a  nasty  court fight UM walks away with $25-30M +/- and buys a few more Ferraris and is happy.  Jags change all  future  contracts to be stupid-owner proof.   Why ? READ ON  ▪︎-->

CBS Sports' Allan Bell reported that the Jaguars will still owe Meyer "roughly $50 million" on his remaining contract, however, Sportico's Legal Expert, Michael McCann, <--▪︎ [ SMART NFL CONTRACT GUY ] reported Meyer would "likely be denied remaining payments"   "IF"   he was fired for cause.  Was he,  right now who knows ?  

He continued to say Meyer could sue for breach, but the Jaguars would have a number of incidents to cite and "it could get messy – fast."

▪︎-->  Let's wait and see  what happens.      :D

.....  edit add #2. .....

I just knew you m fans just wouldn't go to sleep with out knowing  "can Urban Meyer buy  A  new car" ? 

Well m'ers relax UM's net worth was about  $35-40 Million  before he ever met those finsncial geniuses in Jax' FLA.   

Oh the other part of this puzzle .... d'uh what does a 2024 Ferrari cost ?  Well of the -7- new models from low to high  yes he can !  In fact he could buy all seven. of them ...  if he chose to.

Low - Ferrari Roma  from  $240,000.    High - (my favorite) Ferrari F90 Spider from only  $580,000.   <--▪︎  Hell  even 7 F90 Spiders would be  $4 Million +/-.

▪︎-->  And MLD Woody was all worked up about a little used car crash.  We BUCKEYES  laugh at such frivolties.    :lol:

▪︎-->  Hey Woody ?   Care to comment ?  Eh ?

▪︎-->  Let's all wait and see what happens.  Jax will offer $20M.  UM will hold fast at $25M.

It's better to risk $25M than  risk  losing  $50M ....  UM is holding the better hand.   Afterall he's already a rich man.    :D

10 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Bro I have no idea what you're talking about...     :o

The Ferrari was metaphorical 

I thought for a minute you were actually  serious  about the subject,  I guess you were not serious  about anything.   

Now I was always serious about hot cars in particular  Corvettes and Ferraris  and could  "guess-timate"  prices really easy .... I'm still serious  now, got it ?    Same with football, contracts, all of that good. real  stuff.  

None of this was in the metaphorical world like this. 1 top F90 Ferrari = about ½ Million,  2 =  $1 M  and so on.   Corvettes are not really that far behind.   Easy math.

I prefer living in the real world.

• Haha 1

On 3/6/2024 at 4:38 PM, MLD Woody said:

Umm.... We had one "key" transfer leave this off-season, a back to safety in the rotation (to Bama after reportedly getting $1.25M NIL). 

Exactly what players or coaches have left the program that signal some "great scandal" to you?

I think the biggest surprise was our strength and conditioning coordinator leaving to follow Jim to the NFL. 

Genuinely curious. Though I imagine reality and what you think / have been told us happening are two very different things. 

Far more players, and players of significance, have left Bama

So nobody like JJ McCarthy or Junior Colson left early for the draft?  😁  And you didn't lose the best DC your team has had in decades?  And those are just guys off the top of my head.  And yes Bama is the exception to the rule you chose to hide behind; but that doesn't change the volume of guys at Michigan that couldn't wait to leave that dump... 

8 hours ago, Flugel said:

So nobody like JJ McCarthy or Junior Colson left early for the draft?  😁  And you didn't lose the best DC your team has had in decades?  And those are just guys off the top of my head.  And yes Bama is the exception to the rule you chose to hide behind; but that doesn't change the volume of guys at Michigan that couldn't wait to leave that dump... 

JJs draft stock is rising. He's in the top half of the first. Colson is projected in the 2nd. Our DC got a promotion to the NFL. 

So you listed a bunch of guys getting a promotion or great draft prospects. I'll never fault any player for leaving and getting paid. Especially right after winning a national title. 

God damn, OSU fans are reality desperate, huh? Players leaving to get drafted after winning a title and coaches taking promotions and now they're "leaving that dump"... Hahaha

Especially hilarious when OSU has struggled with any real culture for years and players leaving at higher rates. I guess Marvin Harrison Jr couldn't wait to get out of that dump too, huh?

You mean like your RB coach jumping ship for the same exact position here?

"Rule I chose to hide behind"? I'm convinced more and more you have no idea what you're talking about about. If you want to see players jumping ship after losing a coach go look at Bama.

Once again Michigan had only one backup safety of significance transfer as a result of the coaching change. Hell, we have a safety that originally decided for the draft coming back. It's because we built an actual culture here. 

Seriously, y'all are brain broken. 

Keep taking these desperation shots. Hilarious. 

We'll just settle for being National champions I guess 

3 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

JJs draft stock is rising. He's in the top half of the first. Colson is projected in the 2nd. Our DC got a promotion to the NFL. 

So you listed a bunch of guys getting a promotion or great draft prospects. I'll never fault any player for leaving and getting paid. Especially right after winning a national title. 

God damn, OSU fans are reality desperate, huh? Players leaving to get drafted after winning a title and coaches taking promotions and now they're "leaving that dump"... Hahaha

Especially hilarious when OSU has struggled with any real culture for years and players leaving at higher rates. I guess Marvin Harrison Jr couldn't wait to get out of that dump too, huh?

"Rule I chose to hide behind"? I'm convinced more and more you have no idea what you're talking about about. If you want to see players jumping ship after losing a coach go look at Bama.

Once again Michigan had only one backup safety of significance transfer as a result of the coaching change. Hell, we have a safety that originally decided for the draft coming back. It's because we built an actual culture here. 

People that compliment their own pov do that because they know no one else agrees with them. 😁  JJ is coming out now because he doesn't want his stock to drop on a team that is losing a ton of starters.  

8 hours ago, Flugel said:

People that compliment their own pov do that because they know no one else agrees with them. 😁  JJ is coming out now because he doesn't want his stock to drop on a team that is losing a ton of starters.  

Aaand you're now moving the goalposts or not following your own argument. You do realize we had a ton of players running out of eligibility regardless of the head coach, right?

The desperate flailing by OSU fans to try and attack something here is pretty hilarious. 

Hey, this is the year man, for sure. Day's team is tough! He'll show Lou Holtz!

38 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Aaand you're now moving the goalposts or not following your own argument. You do realize we had a ton of players running out of eligibility regardless of the head coach, right?

The desperate flailing by OSU fans to try and attack something here is pretty hilarious. 

Hey, this is the year man, for sure. Day's team is tough! He'll show Lou Holtz!

While you're changing your tampon - JJ McCarthy in a hurry to be the 4th or 5th or 6th QB drafted instead of the 1st next year tells me what it needs to.

Did you want to tell the rest of our audience your Annie's Arbor Asterisks also have a defensive coach in trouble?  😁

9 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Welcome to the National Championship level for the 1st time in the new millennium.  Ohio State has won 2 to your 1 which equates to twice as many as your team.  And your dream year needed asterisks to get it done.  Would you like to tell our audience what Jim Harbaugh's record was against Urban Meyer? 

We understand why you're still angry and envious of Ohio State!  Ohio State is taking up a lot of occupancy in your little brain rent-free.  How cool is that?

53 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Welcome to the National Championship level for the 1st time in the new millennium.  Ohio State has won 2 to your 1 which equates to twice as many as your team.  And your dream year needed asterisks to get it done.  Would you like to tell our audience what Jim Harbaugh's record was against Urban Meyer? 

We understand why you're still angry and envious of Ohio State!  Ohio State is taking up a lot of occupancy in your little brain rent-free.  How cool is that?

Are you drinking this early in the morning? Hopefully not. 

Funny you have to go back to your domestic abuser protecting coach. You know, the guy that coached multiple murderers at Florida. The guy probably at some bar right now attempting to finger random chicks? Oh please, tell us about Meyer...

And you can keep living on that asterisk dream as much as you'd like. Fun stuff came out of it, like evidence OSU was sharing signs too. Oh well, I'm sure Day and Co gave it their best shot, and they got what they wanted, no more Boogeyman Harbaugh in Ann arbor.

Day can do it this year! For sure!

• Haha 1