THE BROWNS BOARD

▪︎-->  "The Official"   ★ Super Bowl 58 Game Thread KC vs SF ★  <--▪︎  Right here.

Dutch Oven

1 hour ago, AP1 said:

The 49ers folded in nearly the same manner as the Bills, on their last drive, and the Lions.

Shanahan is just a choker, there's no other way to say it. I absolutely think he's a great coach, but at some point the reality of the scores catch up to you. Of course, it doesn't help when you go up against the GOAT and what looks to be the 2nd best, or maybe even the future GOAT, each time but still.

Anywho, time to wallow until training camp- I hope everyone stays healthy and happy. Always a pleasure to yuck it up throughout the season, look forward to it again soon.

One of the most boring SB's I could remember... It didn't even feel dramatic.. ya knew Mahomes was gonna close it out some way or fashion.. But one thing solidifies... Andy Reid's eventual enshrinement in the PFBHOF... Can't knock the body of work that man has... You can hate Mahomes all you want.. But he's great... No getting around it....  I almost got the sense that the "Shanny Cockyness" just wanned as the latter half of the game wore on... But still no denying he's a dynamite coach. Well another off season abreast to bitch, scrutinize and ponder through... This season was strange though in so many ways.. Fun yet weird... But hey... Winning seasons are at a premy around here... I got a lot of traveling scheduled... Gonna be a whirlwind till next august.... Let the bickering begin!

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, nickers said:

One of the most boring SB's I could remember... It didn't even feel dramatic.. ya knew Mahomes was gonna close it out some way or fashion.. But one thing solidifies... Andy Reid's eventual enshrinement in the PFBHOF... Can't knock the body of work that man has... You can hate Mahomes all you want.. But he's great... No getting around it....  I almost got the sense that the "Shanny Cockyness" just wanned as the latter half of the game wore on... But still no denying he's a dynamite coach. Well another off season abreast to bitch, scrutinize and ponder through... This season was strange though in so many ways.. Fun yet weird... But hey... Winning seasons are at a premy around here... I got a lot of traveling scheduled... Gonna be a whirlwind till next august.... Let the bickering begin!

Andy Reid is a great coach, but the truth is, he has great players. Mahomes is a great player, and Kelce makes the offense win where without him, they wouldn't. He makes all the difference in the world.

Every superbowl, I think, Kelce has had at least 100 yards receiving. He's a vicious blocker, and a huge threat that draws attention. This last super bowl, he had almost another 100 yards. But he wasn't used as much in the first half. That is on Reid, Kelce lost his temper and told Reid about it....

(stay safe in your travels)

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/super-bowl-2024-irate-travis-kelce-screams-at-andy-reid-heres-what-they-said-about-it-after-chiefs-ot-win/

Super Bowl 2024: Irate Travis Kelce screams at Andy Reid; here's what they said about it after Chiefs' OT win

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

( no text,  just the pictures )

Is this the new  "IT"  couple of the new   "Super Bowl Rules"   era ?

Sure not the old  "Dick  &  Liz"  era  .....  and if you don't know who I'm talking about,  well you missed a great time  of music, movies and so much more.

---◇---

SO,  what did you think about the  "SB 58  pre, during and post era ?   Did  Usher  deliver or not ?

Did  KC  deliver or not ?   Did  SF  put up a good fight  -or-  did they just choke away the  "SB 58 Ring"  .......  your opinions and comments please.

And finally do  you  (or your daughters or wife)  think  Taylor Swift is hot, cool or whatever.

Is Taylor too good for that. "Doofus"  Kelse ?   Will they either get married. -or-  break up before the  2024 - 2025 season ?

...... inquiring minds want to know !       :o

2 hours ago, nickers said:

One of the most boring SB's I could remember... It didn't even feel dramatic.. ya knew Mahomes was gonna close it out some way or fashion.. But one thing solidifies... Andy Reid's eventual enshrinement in the PFBHOF... Can't knock the body of work that man has... You can hate Mahomes all you want.. But he's great... No getting around it....  I almost got the sense that the "Shanny Cockyness" just wanned as the latter half of the game wore on... But still no denying he's a dynamite coach. Well another off season abreast to bitch, scrutinize and ponder through... This season was strange though in so many ways.. Fun yet weird... But hey... Winning seasons are at a premy around here... I got a lot of traveling scheduled... Gonna be a whirlwind till next august.... Let the bickering begin!v.  ..... I bet that you are ready for the next season's  Draft and beyond  ▪︎-->

BUT ....  Sorry you don't like football. ..... especially with two good to great defenses  going at it !   Yes the Q1 and Q2  had way too many  "fumbles & flags"  but the second half especially  Q4. was all anyone would want in a  SB Game. ... even with OT !   It broke all kinds of records ,  go back and read it.  KC pulled away with the numbers. ..... and win.

▪︎-->   Oh and first back-to-back winner in  20 years with NE,  Yes. QB Mahomes real deal. -plus-  the  SF rookie QB  Brock Perdy. was pretty good too just nudged out by Mahomes a future  HOF first rounder.

▪︎. But everyone is entitled to thier. opinions (but  NOT the facts !).   Thank you for your input on. SB 58.     :)   

▪︎.  ( all my opinions too )

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

Oh god, the NFL and ESPN are already starting the Mahomes/Chiefs 3-peat hype. I guess pencil the Chiefs in for the Super Bowl next year. 

As long as the draw of Taylor Swift is attached to the Chiefs, they will be the League and Media Broadcast Partner darlings. In inescapable. I also think the preferred treatment is inexcusable. 

But I give them credit, in 11 years they've gone from picking #1 to winning 3 Super Bowls in five years. And they've done it with two different WR/RB combos.

I'm not sure of their cap situation. I'm not sure Chris Jones will be back, but I don't expect significant roster shake ups and all the HC positions have been filled so they'll have minimal turnover. 

It's amazing how in five years, they've gone from likeable underdogs against the Patriots to THE most hated team in the league. I don't recall a small market team or a team from flyover country, in any sport, as hated.

And people are starting to experience Kelce fatigue.

Now the pressure mounts, there's never been a Super Bowl Three-Peat and you'd better believe the league offices would not be heartbroken if it was Kansas City and all the cross marketing they can get from Taylor Swift fans jumping on the Chiefs bandwagon. 

36 minutes ago, AP1 said:

As long as the draw of Taylor Swift is attached to the Chiefs, they will be the League and Media Broadcast Partner darlings. In inescapable. I also think the preferred treatment is inexcusable. 

But I give them credit, in 11 years they've gone from picking #1 to winning 3 Super Bowls in five years. And they've done it with two different WR/RB combos.

I'm not sure of their cap situation. I'm not sure Chris Jones will be back, but I don't expect significant roster shake ups and all the HC positions have been filled so they'll have minimal turnover. 

It's amazing how in five years, they've gone from likeable underdogs against the Patriots to THE most hated team in the league. I don't recall a small market team or a team from flyover country, in any sport, as hated.

And people are starting to experience Kelce fatigue.

Now the pressure mounts, there's never been a Super Bowl Three-Peat and you'd better believe the league offices would not be heartbroken if it was Kansas City and all the cross marketing they can get from Taylor Swift fans jumping on the Chiefs bandwagon. 

Other than Andy Reid, there's absolutely nothing I like about the Chiefs. Reid is unquestionably the best coach in the NFL and has been for a while, he is a first ballot Hall of Famer. Mahomo and Kelce are unbearable, and yes, I am fatigued and sick of both of them. Prepare for the 2024-2025 season to be another year of the NFL cramming the Chiefs down our throats. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

Other than Andy Reid, there's absolutely nothing I like about the Chiefs. Reid is unquestionably the best coach in the NFL and has been for a while, he is a first ballot Hall of Famer. Mahomo and Kelce are unbearable, and yes, I am fatigued and sick of both of them. Prepare for the 2024-2025 season to be another year of the NFL cramming the Chiefs down our throats. 

100%

• Upvote 1

I'm still trying to find time to finish up my diagrams of the Wildcard loss.

Defensively, from the mind of coach Spaggs to the rushing technique of the Buckeye duo on the Niners edge, there's a lot to unpack and enjoy from that side of the ball alone. If you appreciate defense, like you should, it was a solid game. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Andy Reid is a great coach, but the truth is, he has great players. Mahomes is a great player, and Kelce makes the offense win where without him, they wouldn't. He makes all the difference in the world.

Every superbowl, I think, Kelce has had at least 100 yards receiving. He's a vicious blocker, and a huge threat that draws attention. This last super bowl, he had almost another 100 yards. But he wasn't used as much in the first half. That is on Reid, Kelce lost his temper and told Reid about it....

(stay safe in your travels)

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/super-bowl-2024-irate-travis-kelce-screams-at-andy-reid-heres-what-they-said-about-it-after-chiefs-ot-win/

Super Bowl 2024: Irate Travis Kelce screams at Andy Reid; here's what they said about it after Chiefs' OT win

Did someone REALLY just post great players and great coaches win Super Bowls?    

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

Did someone REALLY just post great players and great coaches win Super Bowls?    

You have to wake up pretty damn early to get one past ol' calfox. 

Sharp as a tack, that one. 

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

You have to wake up pretty damn early to get one past ol' calfox. 

Sharp as a tack, that one. 

Going from experience, that was his bait to set-up his next post to be all about how nobody in Cleveland ever wanted to TRY to surround poor Baker with great players.  As you know he's gone skipping record on that 1 thought. 

That would have been fine if the guy who drafted Baker (Dorsey) didn't bring both Landry and OBJ here to give Baker play makers on the perimeter.  That's massive effort at the WR position as well as drafting RB Nick Chubb near the top of round 2 as another prong of attack. 1st round draft pick TE David Njoku was already here.  Not that Wills panned out as hoped but he was a 10th overall pick to play LT in 2020. The Browns also acquired/gave RT Jack Conklin a huge contract.  Dorsey also added Wyatt Teller at RG while Pro Bowl LG Bitonio was already here.  Cal likes to pretend to all that will read his repetitive efforts that Dorsey, whose FO career in Cleveland depended on Baker's success, was trying to purposely sabotage Baker's ability to succeed.

Please add anything I missed here...

Just now, Flugel said:

Going from experience, that was his bait to set-up his next post to be all about how nobody in Cleveland ever wanted to TRY to surround poor Baker with great players.  As you know he's gone skipping record on that 1 thought 

That would have been fine if the guy who drafted Baker (Dorsey) didn't bring both Landry and OBJ here to give Baker play makers on the perimeter.  That's massive effort at the WR position as well as drafting RB Nick Chubb near the top of round 2 as another prong of attack. 1st round draft pick TE David Njoku was already here.  Not that Wills panned out as hoped but he was a 10th overall pick to play LT in 2020. The Browns also acquired/gave RT Jack Conklin a huge contract.  Dorsey also added Wyatt Teller at RG while Pro Bowl LG Bitonio was already here.  Cal likes to pretend to all that will read his repetitive efforts that Dorsey, whose FO career in Cleveland depended on Baker's success, was trying to purposely sabotage Baker's ability to succeed.

Please add anything I missed here...

calfox wasn't allowed to play high school football but somehow almost immediately after high school ended miraculously could join the Air Force? 

Oh... did you mean about his idiot takes regarding the Browns? 

• Haha 1

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

calfox wasn't allowed to play high school football but somehow almost immediately after high school ended miraculously could join the Air Force? 

Oh... did you mean about his idiot takes regarding the Browns? 

😆

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

Going from experience, that was his bait to set-up his next post to be all about how nobody in Cleveland ever wanted to TRY to surround poor Baker with great players.  As you know he's gone skipping record on that 1 thought.

Coughed up some Coke on that one.🤣

• Haha 1

Axe,  I hope you did not pay too much for that ..... joke-of-the-day.     :lol:

• mjp28 unpinned this topic