THE BROWNS BOARD

~ 7 ~   losses and counting !   The mystique is gone.

mjp28

~ 7 ~   losses annd counting !   The mystique is gone.

●  Donald Trump surprised the world by winning the US presidential election in 2016, establishing a mystique as somebody who can break rules, violate norms, take crazy risks, and still win.

■■  ▪︎-->  The mystique is gone.

■  Since 2018, Trump has endured a string of losses that should bury the idea that Trump somehow defies gravity in politics and business. The latest legal judgment against him, a gigantic $355 million fine for business fraud in New York state, could threaten the entire enterprise Trump’s father Fred established in the 1920s if it survives an appeal.

■  More setbacks seem likely. Trump faces 91 criminal charges in four separate cases and has astronomical legal bills. While he’s cruising to the Republican presidential nomination, and even leading the Democratic contender, President Joe Biden, in some polls, Trump is also amassing a record as a serial loser. Seven prominent examples:

■  The 2018 midterm elections. Voter disgust with Trump in the second year of his presidency helped Democrats flip 40 seats and recapture the House of Representatives from Trump’s Republican party. While it’s normal for the president’s party to lose ground in the midterms, exit polls in 2018 revealed unusually high levels of opposition to Trump, which fueled record turnout. Control of the House allowed Democrats to block Trump’s legislative agenda for the last two years of his presidency.   ■

■  The 2020 presidential election. Trump was the first incumbent to lose a reelection bid since George H. W. Bush in 1992.  ■

■   The 2020 Senate race. Control of the Senate in the 2020 election came down to two runoff races in Georgia that weren’t concluded until early January 2021. Two Democratic challengers ended up beating two incumbent Republicans, an improbable Hollywood ending for Democrats that gave them a one-vote majority and control of both houses of Congress. Many analysts, including Republicans, blamed Trump’s election denialism and his squabbling with fellow Republicans for the Georgia Senate losses. Those two Senate seats allowed Democrats to pass a huge stimulus bill in 2021 and a massive set of green energy incentives in 2022 that never would have happened had Republicans kept control of the Senate.    ▪︎-->   continued on yahoo finance   ▪︎-->   ■

• mjp28 changed the title to ~ 7 ~   losses and counting !   The mystique is gone.

●  The 2022 midterms. Trump endorsed a variety of Republicans in 2022, including many incumbents with no chance of losing. In competitive races, however, most of Trump’s choices lost, including Senate candidates Herschel Walker in Georgia, Mehmet Oz in Pennsylvania, and Blake Masters in Arizona, allowing Democrats to keep the Senate. Republicans did win control of the House, but just barely, with Democrats overperforming. Once again, exit polls showed that Trump’s involvement hurt Republicans. The GOP’s tiny majority set the stage for the defenestration of House Speaker Kevin McCarthy last October — and the subsequent paralysis that Joe Biden is now exploiting in his reelection campaign.

●  Trump Organization fraud case. In December 2022, a New York jury convicted Trump’s real-estate company on 17 charges of tax fraud and other crimes. That’s the same case in which former CFO Allen Weisselberg pled guilty to tax crimes. A judge fined the company $1.6 million, the maximum allowed. Prosecutors didn’t charge Trump personally.

Drop Rick Newman a note, follow him on Twitter, or sign up for his newsletter.

●  E. Jean Carroll lawsuits. Last year, a federal jury found that Trump sexually abused and defamed the New York writer, ordering him to pay her $5 million. Trump continued to lambaste Carroll publicly, and in January, another jury ordered Trump to pay Carroll an additional $83.3 million. Trump has finally stopped attacking Carroll.

●  New York state fraud lawsuit. Last September, a judge found that Trump, his company, and several executives defrauded banks and insurance companies by substantially and repeatedly overstating the value of certain properties. On Feb. 17, the same judge hit Trump with $355 million in fines, plus interest likely to push the total over $450 million.

■ ■  ▪︎-->  Trump famously said in 2016 that he could shoot somebody on Fifth Avenue in New York and suffer no consequences. He and his supporters should reassess. During the last few years, Trump has repeatedly suffered consequences for cheating, bullying, lying, and overestimating his capabilities. The stakes are about to get higher still.

■  In March, Trump will face a New York City criminal trial related to hush money payments during the 2016 election that Trump claimed as business expenses. A guilty verdict could entail up to four years in prison. Pending are one federal trial on Trump’s role in the Jan. 6, 2021, riots at the US Capitol and another on his misuse of classified documents after he left the White House. Then there’s the Fulton County, Georgia, trial on election fraud.

■  If Trump once seemed like he could get away with anything, he doesn’t anymore. Trump seems to win points with his supporters for mouthing off to judges and prosecutors, but he’s losing cases and an enormous amount of money. Some analysts speculate that Trump's legal catastrophes may force him to declare personal bankruptcy.

▪︎-->  As for the 2024 election, Trump seems set to defy the rules again by becoming the only major presidential candidate being prosecuted — and possibly convicted — of serious crimes while campaigning. He could even beat Biden in November and claim a second presidential term. But Trump is no longer an underdog, a dynasty destroyer, or a swamp-drainer. The establishment he wants to destroy is fighting back and racking up a sizable string of victories.

Rick Newman is a senior columnist for Yahoo Finance. Follow him on Twitter at @rickjnewman.

Click here for political news related to business and money policies that will shape tomorrow's stock prices.

Read the latest financial and business news from Yahoo Finance

• mjp28 pinned this topic
32 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

And there was going to be a red wave, the polls said so. 👍

■  Oh  yes !   And it's  "only"  February 20  with only about 9 "short/long" months to go in this very unusual  2024 Presidential Election Year.   Maybe the most in my 50 voting yearx in my life.

I truly wish that we had  two different men running this year but I think that we are  stuck  with these two.  We will have to wait and see what the judges, juries, whatever spits out in  Mr Trump's path and what happens.   DO NOT THINK for a second anyone knows for sure because nobody knows anything for sure yet.

This might get pretty scary come about  June, July, August going into the  the  final legs of this one  ......  an election to shape our country for a long time,  maybe forever.

You young guys want to pay close attention to what happens.   I'm too old to worry about it,  I've been through  JFK, RFK, LBJ, Nixon, Vietnam, Watergate and all of that ...... this is  YOUR  time to do something good for your country.

Just let me know about it around  January  1st, 2025.      :D

34 minutes ago, Axe said:

Screenshot2024-02-20at21-53-54Facebook.png.f018f3ec530646e408a171524690e81e.png

Tell me  how  many  lawsuits  DJ TRUMP  has been involved in from  1970 until 2024  is it  OVER  4,000 ?    If so how many  OVER  4,000 ?  How many  OTHER crimes ?

Arrests ?   Lawyers and other former  TRUMP COMPANY OFFICALS testify against  DJ TRUMP ?  Any other crimes Donald has been involved in ?  PUTIN NEWS ABOUT DJT ?

▪︎-->  JUST LET THAT SINK IN.  <--▪︎      :o

2 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

giphy.gif

I prefer to skip the  CARTOONS  when talking about the  DJ TRUMP crimes.

7 minutes ago, FY56 said:

Boo hoo.

Boo hoo ?   That's the best you could come up with,  boo hoo ?    Really now I figured you for better  than that.

Boo hoo,  lol.

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

■  Oh  yes !   And it's  "only"  February 20  with only about 9 "short/long" months to go in this very unusual  2024 Presidential Election Year.   Maybe the most in my 50 voting yearx in my life.

I truly wish that we had  two different men running this year but I think that we are  stuck  with these two.  We will have to wait and see what the judges, juries, whatever spits out in  Mr Trump's path and what happens.   DO NOT THINK for a second anyone knows for sure because nobody knows anything for sure yet.

This might get pretty scary come about  June, July, August going into the  the  final legs of this one  ......  an election to shape our country for a long time,  maybe forever.

You young guys want to pay close attention to what happens.   I'm too old to worry about it,  I've been through  JFK, RFK, LBJ, Nixon, Vietnam, Watergate and all of that ...... this is  YOUR  time to do something good for your country.

Yes, you're too old to worry about it, go ahead vote for Biden.

Leave it up to you filthy demonrats to vote for a guy about to be rendered incapacitated, or even die, leaving the presidency to a woman who sucked cock to get where she's at. Only the demonrats.

So if it were Biden vs. Haley, who then would you vote for?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Tell me  how  many  lawsuits  DJ TRUMP  has been involved in from  1970 until 2024  is it  OVER  4,000 ?    If so how many  OVER  4,000 ?  How many  OTHER crimes ?

Arrests ?   Lawyers and other former  TRUMP COMPANY OFFICALS testify against  DJ TRUMP ?  Any other crimes Donald has been involved in ?  PUTIN NEWS ABOUT DJT ?

▪︎-->  JUST LET THAT SINK IN.  <--▪︎      :o

Stifle your irrational exuberance you clown.

Most of those 3,500 lawsuits involved him being the plaintiff, you know, the one doing the suing, not as a defendant being sued for crimes.

9 hours ago, cccjwh said:

And there was going to be a red wave, the polls said so. 👍

9 hours ago, mjp28 said:

and a thread "pinned" for your convenience     

you two have a room for yourselves  LOL 

2 minutes ago, FairHooker11 said:

and a thread "pinned" for your convenience     

you two have a room for yourselves  LOL 

I have to say in all my years posting in the Poli board, I’ve never saw a thread pinned! 🤣😂

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

sad, when whoreta, mjphew and ccc get off on posting like stupid online bullies when all they achieve is the "stupid" part.

they don't respect themselves, can't legitmately talk about issues, and they can NOT stand to not control everybody else.

The woodpecker is just a resident pecking bird. He can't help it.

3 hours ago, cccjwh said:

Oh they have nothing but memes, insults, and the deep state. 

Real estate investor will ‘immediately discontinue’ working in NYC over Trump verdict, eying Florida, Texas

US businesses fleeing Empire State over alleged legal and regulation politicization

"We invest for 14,000 investors at Cardone Capital that depend on cash flow. And if I can't predict the cash flow because of some ruling, or because of the migrants, or because I can't evict people, New York City just keeps doing every single thing they can to sell real estate in Florida, not sell real estate in New York," the fund manager explained.

Additional financial concerns exist in New York for pension funds, lenders and public real estate investment trusts following civil implications from the $355 million Trump ruling, Cardone noted, potentially causing a decline in property value and an increase in loan defaults that could roll over to regional banks.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, cccjwh said:

Oh they have nothing but memes, insults, and the deep state. 

And their beloved  cartoons  instead of anything else.

Like Woody Woodpecker who actually has a ★ star on the Hollywood Walk of fame.

Woody, an anthropomorphic woodpecker, was created in 1940 by Lantz and storyboard artist Ben "Bugs" Hardaway, who had previously laid the groundwork for two other screwball characters, Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck, at the Warner Bros. cartoon studio in the late 1930s,  real  WWII stuff.   Woody's character and design evolved over the years, from an insane bird with an unusually garish design to a more refined-looking and acting character in the vein of the later Chuck Jones version of Bugs Bunny.  Woody was originally voiced by prolific voice actor Mel Blanc, who was succeeded in the shorts by Danny Webb, Kent Rogers, Dick Nelson, Ben Hardaway, Dallas McKennon, and, finally, Grace Stafford (wife of Walter Lantz).

Woody Woodpecker cartoons were first broadcast on television in 1957 under the title The Woody Woodpecker Show, which featured Lantz cartoons bookended by new footage of Woody and live-action footage of Lantz. Lantz produced theatrical cartoons longer than most of his contemporaries, and Woody Woodpecker remained a staple of Universal's release schedule until 1972 when Lantz finally closed down his studio. The character has been revived since then for special productions and occasions, as well as for The New Woody Woodpecker Show, a Saturday-morning cartoon television series featuring prolific voice actor Billy West as Woody that aired from 1999 to 2002.   In 2017, a live-action/CGI hybrid feature film, Woody Woodpecker, was released theatrically in Latin America, while released direct-to-video in other territories. It was followed by a new series of shorts released via YouTube beginning in 2018.

★  Woody has a motion picture star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 7000 Hollywood Boulevard. He also made a cameo appearance alongside many other famous cartoon characters in the 1988 film Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Woody Woodpecker is the official mascot of Universal Pictures. Woody and his friends are also icons at the Universal Studios Theme Parks worldwide, as well as the PortAventura Park in the Salou, Spain, where they remain despite Universal no longer having a financial stake in the park.

But some here prefer to use him as a  political cartoon instead of something serious  ......  oh well.

★  How  childish  can you get,  a 1940s cartoon. On TV in 1957,  I  actually remember that.   Haha.     :lol:

15 hours ago, FY56 said:

Thats all you deserve. You're a crybaby.    <--▪︎   Are you kidding me,  "FY56".   I guesx that is the best you can come up with.

No actually I am somewhat  serious about most of these  POLITICAL DISCUSSION FORUM topics.

I'm hardly a  "crybaby".    Again you revert to  Boo hoo  -and- crybaby.   Is that the limit of your education ?  Or your vocabulary ?    I'm 73 not 10 years old.    :lol:

* Have a nice Wednesday evening,  "FY".

18 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Are all of Mr Trump's repeated  LOSSES  boring you ?

Mr Trump and his legal team sure are taking them seriously enough !

▪︎-->  As for the 2024 election, Trump seems set to defy the rules again by becoming the only major presidential candidate being prosecuted — and possibly convicted — of serious crimes while campaigning. He could even beat Biden in November and claim a second presidential term. But Trump is no longer an underdog, a dynasty destroyer, or a swamp-drainer.  <--▪︎

○---◇---○

Swamp drainer,  that's a big joke now, lol.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

No actually I am somewhat  serious about most of these  POLITICAL DISCUSSION FORUM topics.

I'm hardly a  "crybaby".    Again you revert to  Boo hoo  -and- crybaby.   Is that the limit of your education ?  Or your vocabulary ?    I'm 73 not 10 years old.    :lol:

* Have a nice Wednesday evening,  "FY".

I don't know why you bother with this place. Trump is every bit of the gaffe machine that Biden is and the age concerns aren't that much different either. The fact that we are still stuck on either one is disturbing. I really wish we could move on from both of them.

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I'm 73 not 10 years old.

so am I, but you post like a high school kid that wants to be a big shot someday, and dreams of controlling everybody else.

major fail. you aren't here to seriously talk issues, like your butt doppleganger, whoreta.