THE BROWNS BOARD

2024 Free Agent Frenzy

12 minutes ago, Neo said:

As much as I hate the Steelers, I give them credit. Either you fit the player that they need or you are gone, they don't mess around.Ā 

Apparently Kenny was pissed off they brought in Wilson. There was that dust up with Rudolph last season where Pickett apparently refused to be second string so he didnā€™t dress. I believe he asked to be traded here and tomlin abides by the ā€œvolunteers not hostagesā€ mentality which I believe is also why Johnson was possibly traded. Although Johnson isnā€™t a willing blocker and thatā€™s kind of a requirement in an Arthur smith offense.Ā 
Ā 

2 hours ago, Vagitron said:

I donā€™t know what the Steelers are going to do. I still think Kenny will challenge for that job and reports have indicated that Russ knows heā€™s coming in to compete for the job not be handed it. Iā€™m ok with the Russ signing because heā€™s so cheap and heā€™s better than Rudolph and Mitch, both who are gone now. Paying him 1.2m is a no brainer. I believe Pickett is good. Canada was that bad.Ā 

Apparently your front office thought otherwise.

You can say I was right about him now, buddy....Ā šŸ˜‰

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Aaron Donald announces his retirement.Ā 

His Hall of Fame bust is being made as we speak.Ā 

Yeah I could believe that.Ā Ā 9 great years.Ā Ā Being a stats and contracts guy here's a few.Ā Ā 

SEASONSTEAMTOTAL CASH2 seasonsPlayer Cash EarningsĀ  $7,058,2608 2 seasons

LA RAMSĀ  -Ā  $150,055,978.Ā  7 Seasons.Ā  Ā Numbers like that mean one thingĀ Ā the best.

Ā Ā Only 13Ā suspensions and fines forĀ $210,000,Ā Ā not bad for theĀ  DL.

9 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Apparently your front office thought otherwise.

You can say I was right about him now, buddy....Ā šŸ˜‰

He was angry about the Wilson signing. He was a baby last season when Rudolph was given the start. People with good sources confirmed it even tho he himself denied it which is why the one game he didnā€™t dress despite being okay to be 3rd string due to injury recovery. Apparently he was on board with competing for the job but when the team brought in Wilson he changed his tune. Frankly that was enough for me because if heā€™s not willing to grind for the job I donā€™t want him anyway.Ā 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Vagitron said:

I donā€™t know what the Steelers are going to do. I still think Kenny will challenge for that job and reports have indicated that Russ knows heā€™s coming in to compete for the job not be handed it. Iā€™m ok with the Russ signing because heā€™s so cheap and heā€™s better than Rudolph and Mitch, both who are gone now. Paying him 1.2m is a no brainer. I believe Pickett is good. Canada was that bad.Ā 

As soon as I posted we agreed on this - it became "Welcome to Philly Pickett!"Ā  šŸ˜†Ā Do I dare say I still think Pickett can become a good QB in this league without Canada sacking his chances to do so?Ā  Yes.Ā Ā 

Ā 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Vagitron said:

He was angry about the Wilson signing. He was a baby last season when Rudolph was given the start. People with good sources confirmed it even tho he himself denied it which is why the one game he didnā€™t dress despite being okay to be 3rd string due to injury recovery. Apparently he was on board with competing for the job but when the team brought in Wilson he changed his tune. Frankly that was enough for me because if heā€™s not willing to grind for the job I donā€™t want him anyway.Ā 

You're a Steelers fan, I can understand you having rose-colored glasses for your first round QB.

What's funny is the "Browns" fans on here like Ghoolie and his butt-sniffer extraordinaire Gorka who kept going on and on about how "that Kenny Pickett just seems to haveĀ it."Ā šŸ¤£

• Haha 1

Bummer!

Wilson Pickett won't be the greatest hit since Mustang SallyĀ :)Ā  (now just smoke from a distanceĀ šŸ”„)

Pickett (Sally), like Trubisky, prefer holding backup QB clipboards, instead of competing to start.. pussies

edit-- Browns FA's-- Jerry Jeudy's re-done contract, pays out prior FA moves w/5-6M left in cap roomĀ  Ā  Ā 

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

You're a Steelers fan, I can understand you having rose-colored glasses for your first round QB.

What's funny is the "Browns" fans on here like Ghoolie and his butt-sniffer extraordinaire Gorka who kept going on and on about how "that Kenny Pickett just seems to haveĀ it."Ā šŸ¤£

Thatā€™s what happened tho, he would still be a Steeler otherwise. I still think the dude will find success. Guess we shall see.Ā 

GI04G-dXgAAkyFK.jpg.ed4f15e9e80bac5b4b31eef1c03239d5.jpg

Ā 

Bears are trading Justin Fields to Steelers for a 2025* 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playing 51% of snaps, per sources.

Ā 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Well THIS is an intriguing development.Ā 

It had felt this could happen right after the steelers traded Pickett. Tomlin loves fields and there was always mutual interest there. The Steelers love their buckeyes. Couple people I respect said there was still mutual interest and then this happened. It's wild for me as a steeler fan in the best of ways. Getting him for a 6th is insane and it only becomes a 4th if he plays 51% of the snaps next season. Id have been over the moon for a 4th. Still no guarantees with either qb but this room makes me a lot happier than Pickett, mitch and Mason.Ā 

23 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

It had felt this could happen right after the steelers traded Pickett. Tomlin loves fields and there was always mutual interest there. The Steelers love their buckeyes. Couple people I respect said there was still mutual interest and then this happened. It's wild for me as a steeler fan in the best of ways. Getting him for a 6th is insane and it only becomes a 4th if he plays 51% of the snaps next season. Id have been over the moon for a 4th. Still no guarantees with either qb but this room makes me a lot happier than Pickett, mitch and Mason.Ā 

Goddamn it, now I have to root for an ex-Buckeyes player to suffer a season-ending injury...Ā šŸ˜‰

Bad enough Cam Heyward has played for the Steelers for like 24 years or something...Ā 

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

GI04G-dXgAAkyFK.jpg.ed4f15e9e80bac5b4b31eef1c03239d5.jpg

Ā 

Bears are trading Justin Fields to Steelers for a 2025* 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playing 51% of snaps, per sources.

Ā 

I had a REALLY SICK feeling the Bears would get this irresponsible.Ā  I hope they go 0-17.Ā  Ā They already gave the Ravens Roquan Smith midway through 2022.Ā Ā 

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

I wonder what Russell Wilson thinks about this?

He's the starter and was told he's the starter. I think russ is just happy to be starting somewhere and understands he's not the long term option. Dude is weird but he's always seemed like a good leader, legit loves his teammates. I think he takes fields under his wing, especially if he wants to play in the league whether it's the starter or a good back up assuming fields ascends.Ā 

1 minute ago, Vagitron said:

He's the starter and was told he's the starter. I think russ is just happy to be starting somewhere and understands he's not the long term option. Dude is weird but he's always seemed like a good leader, legit loves his teammates. I think he takes fields under his wing, especially if he wants to play in the league whether it's the starter or a good back up assuming fields ascends.Ā 

Are you ok with the Steelers having so many "running quarterbacks" on your roster now?Ā šŸ˜‰

51 minutes ago, Flugel said:

I had a REALLY SICK feeling the Bears would get this irresponsible.Ā  I hope they go 0-17.Ā  Ā They already gave the Ravens Roquan Smith midway through 2022.Ā Ā 

Ā yep sucks! not seeing the draft value these GM's are seeing either.

We saw Fields 9 sacks coming in as a rookie QB to ClevelandĀ 

2 years later

We saw Fields almost steal a game in Cleveland, we had to have last season.

Meanwhile, a jackass donkey in Denver, pays Russ Wilson to play in the AFCNĀ  Ā 

It's going to be a wild AFCN division again !Ā 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Are you ok with the Steelers having so many "running quarterbacks" on your roster now?Ā šŸ˜‰

Ha, as long as the team is winning it's fine by me. Everyone saw the maturation of lamar under a good coordinator. They lost of course but he became a supremely stout qb across the board with insane wheels. I don't know how much russ is gonna be running but I love that part of fields. We shall see. I'm just glad to be rid of Matt fucking Canada lol.Ā 

19 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

2 years later

Bloodbath division. Although I still think Watson sucks. Lol šŸ˜˜šŸ˜˜

Just now, gumby73 said:

2 years later

What were the Browns thinking overrating the crap out of Crablegs? We could have gotten a way better QB in Justin without giving up nearly that much.Ā  All this move cost Pittsburgh was a 6th round pick and maybe a 4th.Ā  This was a grand theft from a very stupid ownership/organization in Chicago.Ā 

All that said, that Crablegs thread every bit as hilarious as it was outrageous so there it THAT!

Ā 

Ā 

8 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Ha, as long as the team is winning it's fine by me. Everyone saw the maturation of lamar under a good coordinator. They lost of course but he became a supremely stout qb across the board with insane wheels. I don't know how much russ is gonna be running but I love that part of fields. We shall see. I'm just glad to be rid of Matt fucking Canada lol.Ā 

I definitely get the impression that you are not a member of the Matt Canada Fanclub.Ā šŸ¤£

I don't think either Wilson or Fields is your long-term answer, but you definitely should be in a better position with your QBs over what you've been trotting out there the last two years.Ā 

51 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Browns sign safety Rodney McLeod to another one year deal.Ā 

I was looking for that deal this morning. McLeod wasn't bad back there

Well positioned to draft.

Added a FA, at WR,RB,QB,TE & Tackle.. Added no C's or G's, but we'll need to get younger at Guard. RB Nyheim Hines does both punt & KR.

Defense added 2 FA LB'ers, DT, S & ST/CB it's open to a draftee taking a 2 season players spot at several backup depth positions

not a bad FA haul by Berry, considering we started almost 18M over the new higher cap number

23 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I definitely get the impression that you are not a member of the Matt Canada Fanclub.Ā šŸ¤£

I don't think either Wilson or Fields is your long-term answer, but you definitely should be in a better position with your QBs over what you've been trotting out there the last two years.Ā 

Oh fuck if you followed me on twitter I must have tweeted out "fire Matt Canada to the moon" every single steeler game. He was horrific.Ā 

I think fields absolutely can be the answer. Im still surprised the bears gave up on the dude. They built absolutely nothing around him. Now they are resetting again. Whafs to say the same shit doesn't happen to Caleb Williams? Tomlin is the perfect coach for fields and we have the weapons. I guess we are gonna find out. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, syd said:

hunter renfroe ?

There's the obvious Clemson connection with Watson, but aren't both Jeudy and Moore slot-type guys?Ā 

I'm not sure about adding yet another... If the Browns were thinking about reuniting Watson with a former Clemson teammate, perhaps Mike Williams and his imposing size might be a better complement to what we have now?

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

There's the obvious Clemson connection with Watson, but aren't both Jeudy and Moore slot-type guys?Ā 

I'm not sure about adding yet another... If the Browns were thinking about reuniting Watson with a former Clemson teammate, perhaps Mike Williams and his imposing size might be a better complement to what we have now?

love williams he was a mainstay on my fantasy teams. But his acl

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, syd said:

love williams he was a mainstay on my fantasy teams. But his acl

Obviously dependent upon his recovery...

But I like his upside and ability to complement the existing WR room better than Renfrow, who just feels redundant to me.Ā 

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

Obviously dependent upon his recovery...

But I like his upside and ability to complement the existing WR room better than Renfrow, who just feels redundant to me.Ā 

makes sense, well off the the irish pub for some beers and whatever kinda food they have

• Upvote 1