THE BROWNS BOARD

THE BROWNS BOARD WEEKEND

admin

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was at the last SD game played in Cleveland...that was one cold Dec game. Maybe 5 degrees with a constant 30 knot wind out of the north.

That was the coldest game I had ever been too. A firend and I and our two teenage boys tried to cook steaks on a grill. Even with the hood closed, we cooked them things for what seemed like two hours and they still were rare. We made the mistake of bringing long neck bottles of beer. The beer frozen in the neck of the bottle, so we rested our beers on the hood of the grill and they still froze. You had to push your finger down into the bottles to dislodge the ice ... finally we just gave up and left for the game.

I couldn't believe that there were well over 100 people without shirts on. I'm talking stinging-numb cold. The kind of day where it stings just to take your hand out of your glove to retrieve your keys from your pocket.

I look over at my teenager and his mouth was wide open gasping for air ... he has asthma and couldn't breath, so we left at some point.

I remember that the roads in Berea were closed that day. We couldn't get my van out, so my buddy drove his 4x wheel drive.

I love that shit though.

Do you remember a year or so back when it snowed horizontally really hard as we made the walk to the stadium? While standing in-line outside everyone had a completely frozen head on one side and dry on the other. That shit pelted us so hard that it just stuck to the side of your head.

I love that shit too.

I remember an old tailgate in this new era where we had at least two feet of snow on the ground, and with the piles of snow built up around the parking lots, it was piled well over 4' high. We set all of our beers, booze and jello-shots right in the snow bank during the tailgate party. I use to have a picture of that around here somewhere.

I love that shit as well .

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow .....

I have only got about 4 more hours of shitty work to get done then it's all about the Browns. G man has already knocked off work and is probably running round the house in his lewis shirt trying to get rid of his excitement. I will have to get home make sure the important stuff is packed and then drink a few beers to calm me down before drifting into an uneasy excited sleep dreaming of soccer mom vans, grills, snow and orange helmets.

Can't wait meet up with old and new friends.

GO BROWNS!!

I am so fired up for this game. Goddamn charger fans are so cocky about this one. I heard on the radio this morning that the browns should cancel the rest of the season because they couldn't best a UFL team and would habe a hard tome winning a bowl game this year.

I'm calling every one of these radio shows on monday when we kick their ass.

I am so fired up for this game. Goddamn charger fans are so cocky about this one. I heard on the radio this morning that the browns should cancel the rest of the season because they couldn't best a UFL team and would habe a hard tome winning a bowl game this year.

I'm calling every one of these radio shows on monday when we kick their ass.

Mark-0, if you were a real man you'd stay up until Thursday pounding beers with skippy and chasing milfs. Look at the deal if you buy tickets for the Steelers AND the Chargers:

5300_312702.jpg

Ticket Deal

Zombo

Mark-0, if you were a real man you'd stay up until Thursday pounding beers with skippy and chasing milfs. Look at the deal if you buy tickets for the Steelers AND the Chargers:

5300_312702.jpg

Ticket Deal

Zombo

coming from the guy afraid to leave south Florida I think we all know who the real man here is.

I've been sitting in the walk in beer cooler at the grocery store to get prepared for the cold this weekend.

coming from the guy afraid to leave south Florida I think we all know who the real man here is.

I've been sitting in the walk in beer cooler at the grocery store to get prepared for the cold this weekend.

Even if I was prepared to freeze my nuts off and pay a lot of money to fly up and see a 1-10 team (and I probably could have been talked into that part) I couldn't leave because I have business obligations both Friday and Saturday nights.

So Sunday I will just have watch it at the beach with the girls in bikinis ... wish I were there....

Zombo

Sure you can borrow the Chick Magnet, how do you think Ed found a woman?

Stan, i think i need to borrow your chick magnet to, need to get hot cleveland girl help get me over here for good costing me a fortune at moment. Though not sure how much upkeep local girls are they high maintenance lol :-)

Stan, i think i need to borrow your chick magnet to, need to get hot cleveland girl help get me over here for good costing me a fortune at moment. Though not sure how much upkeep local girls are they high maintenance lol :-)

Maybe we can cruise around in the chick magnet after the game friday night ... I'll strap in the baby seats, those always work well ... I've made a few other adjustments to my van as well ...

japanesevan.JPG

(Keith I sent you a couple of facebook messages have you received them and do you know the plans for Friday night?)

Even if I was prepared to freeze my nuts off and pay a lot of money to fly up and see a 1-10 team (and I probably could have been talked into that part) I couldn't leave because I have business obligations both Friday and Saturday nights.

So Sunday I will just have watch it at the beach with the girls in bikinis ... wish I were there....

Zombo

TRANSLATION: I can't come because my new girlfriend has already made other plans for me this weekend.

PussyWhipped.jpg

That was the coldest game I had ever been too. A firend and I and our two teenage boys tried to cook steaks on a grill. Even with the hood closed, we cooked them things for what seemed like two hours and they still were rare. We made the mistake of bringing long neck bottles of beer. The beer frozen in the neck of the bottle, so we rested our beers on the hood of the grill and they still froze. You had to push your finger down into the bottles to dislodge the ice ... finally we just gave up and left for the game.

I couldn't believe that there were well over 100 people without shirts on. I'm talking stinging-numb cold. The kind of day where it stings just to take your hand out of your glove to retrieve your keys from your pocket.

I look over at my teenager and his mouth was wide open gasping for air ... he has asthma and couldn't breath, so we left at some point.

I remember that the roads in Berea were closed that day. We couldn't get my van out, so my buddy drove his 4x wheel drive.

I love that shit though.

Do you remember a year or so back when it snowed horizontally really hard as we made the walk to the stadium? While standing in-line outside everyone had a completely frozen head on one side and dry on the other. That shit pelted us so hard that it just stuck to the side of your head.

I love that shit too.

I remember an old tailgate in this new era where we had at least two feet of snow on the ground, and with the piles of snow built up around the parking lots, it was piled well over 4' high. We set all of our beers, booze and jello-shots right in the snow bank during the tailgate party. I use to have a picture of that around here somewhere.

I love that shit as well .

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow .....

No kidding.

That was brutal....my youngest is the Browns fan, and he attended the game.

He always thought I was BSing about how cold it could get in Cleveland....well...he got a good taste of it that day. There is this particular wind tunnel off E 9th. It funnels the N wind and sends it at a right angle off the alley way...it had to be blowing 70MPH as you crossed the intersection...it knocked him down as we were heading back to the Hampton, and almost knocked me down...and at a then 230, that isn't all that easy....I laughed my ass off....kept asking him if I had been BS'ing about how cold and windy it could get....LOL

That will be a laugh between us for the rest of our days.

A few years ago one of my co-workers went to Cleveland (from SC) to a convention in January but didn't mention the trip to me before he went. He didn't take a coat because, he said, "How cold can it get if you're just walking from one building to another?" I howled with laughter. He froze his appendages off.

Bummer news from Europe ... it appears Howard and G-man's flight has been delayed and they may not arrive until Saturday, squashing any plans they had tonight to join us for the Cavs game.

I'm trying to confirm for sure ....

Keith, if Howard and G-man don't make it, it is gonna be your job to find two hot babes (who already have Cavs tixs) to replace them. They must already have Cavs tixs or at least buy the cheap seats because we only have two passes for them into the suite (not actual game tixs).

If you need to borrow the Candy Apple Red Smokin-hot soccer mom chick magnet to cruise the city streets, just let me know.

Keith, if Howard and G-man don't make it, it is gonna be your job to find two hot babes (who already have Cavs tixs) to replace them. They must already have Cavs tixs or at least buy the cheap seats because we only have two passes for them into the suite (not actual game tixs).

If you need to borrow the Candy Apple Red Smokin-hot soccer mom chick magnet to cruise the city streets, just let me know.

Well I best get out and hit the sights, sorry streets for hot babes,but like i said seem to have lost my Mojo, might only be when tht chick magnet strolls outside the Hard Rock that will get it back, but hey I will force myself into the bars early for sake of a mission like this. though please tell me we dont have to put a beard on one and shave the other ones head so they look like Howie and G-man

Scarlett-Bald-Johansson--27150.jpg

Bearded-Lady-Salma-Hayek--36331.jpg

Well I best get out and hit the sights, sorry streets for hot babes,but like i said seem to have lost my Mojo, might only be when tht chick magnet strolls outside the Hard Rock that will get it back, but hey I will force myself into the bars early for sake of a mission like this. though please tell me we dont have to put a beard on one and shave the other ones head so they look like Howie and G-man

Now that is a scary thought!

I'm coming.

Exactly where are we?

On the tailgate page I assume.

Gonna take the rapid.

Where's the best west side location?

WSS

When I livef there, I lived on the west side and I took the W. 98th st rapid to downtown. I came down West Blvd to 98th.

Heidi. Do you know where that is?

GREAT Tailgate Party today! ... Great Weekend!

Those that came in early on Friday met up at the Cavs game and witnessed the cavs beat the Bulls in a dominating second half. The group shared a luxury suite together, Thanks for putting together all the arrangements Ed!

Saturday Night, we met for the SEC Championship game at Rivals in Middleburg Hts., then headed downtown to the Blind Pig and Tequilia Ranch. We met some really nice girls, hopefull those that had camera's can share the pictures.

The Tailgate Party on Sunday was a great success. In attendance; Howard & G-man from England, Kamac19 from Scotland, MarkO from San Diego, Mike from Atlanta, Ballpeen from Tennessee, Hoorta, Rifferx, Tink & family, Westside Steve and Suzy, Shawn, Clevelandfanforlife, Firebiker & Gipper making their first appearances, Guardian, Roachmstr, Sperk, Atenears & HagII, and many other friends from outside the forum.

Below, Ed & Don grilled some awesome falloff-the-bone Ribs, and Tink added delicous marinated venison. Also served for lunch was sub sandwiches, and Atenears potato soup.

P1010012.JPGP1010007.JPG

Guardian samples Atenears soup

P1010001.JPG

Howard & G-man created a custom banner just certain to get on TV this time ..

P1010002.JPG

HagII & MarkO

P1010011A.jpg

Ballpeen

P1010013.JPG

ClevelandFanforLife & Howard

P1010005.JPG

Firebiker & HagII

P1010014.JPG

Atenears & his polish friend Ewa

P1010003.JPG

Hoorta pouring shots of the Orange stuff

P1010017.JPG

For all other pictures, go to TAILGATE PAGE

More pictures later as others send in their photo's.

UPDATE ON G-MAN,

G-Man should be out of the hospital by now. I received a call from Ed, and the G-man had to have his knee drained due to infection. He is feeling much better and I'm sure he will be given meds to treat it.

G-man complained of an aching knee at the tailgate and prior to halftime of the game he couldn't bear the uncomfort anymore and seeked medical attention. He was taken to the Cleveland Clinic.

Howard & G-man had a bit of a rough trip. First their plane was grounded causing them to miss the cavs game on Friday and not get into town until Saturday. We all had a lot of fun Saturday night, and at the Tailgate party, but the poor guys missed much of the game because of G-man's medical condition.

I feel for ya guys ... would love to help you get back here again next year for a truly special visit to make up for all your unexpected mishaps this trip.

Yes awesome Weekend, great food and social at tailgate today with samplings of Scotch whiskey, Stan's Nutty shit (sorry that doesnt sound right - Nutty Irishman think he called it), some Alabama Moonshine as well as tht Orande Stuff to. And yes the girls on Friday night were rather pleasing to the eye !!!

ClevelandDec09205.jpg

ClevelandDec09254.jpgClevelandDec09154.jpg

UPDATE ON G-MAN,

G-Man should be out of the hospital by now. I received a call from Ed, and the G-man had to have his knee drained due to infection. He is feeling much better and I'm sure he will be given meds to treat it.

G-man complained of an aching knee at the tailgate and prior to halftime of the game he couldn't bear the uncomfort anymore and seeked medical attention. He was taken to the Cleveland Clinic.

Howard & G-man had a bit of a rough trip. First their plane was grounded causing them to miss the cavs game on Friday and not get into town until Saturday. We all had a lot of fun Saturday night, and at the Tailgate party, but the poor guys missed much of the game because of G-man's medical condition.

I feel for ya guys ... would love to help you get back here again next year for a truly special visit to make up for all your unexpected mishaps this trip.

Got them back to the hotel around 1:15AM. i think they'll make their flight later today. Gareth is a tough cookie.

ClevelandDec09154.jpg

I never thought anyone would look more sexy in howard's glasses than howard, but it gave this hottie that 'Hot-for-teacher' look ... although she didn't need many props.

Hey Keith, where's all the hot pictures of this girl begging to be photographed with me???

Archived