THE BROWNS BOARD

Hines Ward NFL's Dirtiest Player- So say his peers

Brownshirt

Oh come now, are you really playing the Cleveland+ BS that far back? Man we've got a proud enough history without that argument, it just makes us look silly. Paul Brown and our team defined a majority of what is modern professional football, let that be enough.

Says the 6th grader.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When you go to the zoo, is that proof that you wish to be an incarcerated animal?

When you see a fat woman on a cart at Walmart with her cottage cheese butt dragging the ground and you actually follow her around a corner to see this display for another five seconds, is that proof that you wish to be like her?

When you watch NASCAR in hopes of seeing that awesome crash, is that proof that you want to be in a fiery car crash?

When you see a deranged homeless man standing on the corner of 9th and Euclid, preaching about judgment day, is this proof that you wish to be a homeless, mind-fried, nit-wit?

Damn but you're dense!

If you go to the Zoo when there are numerous and many other activities to do in life, it means you love going to zoos.

If you follow a fat ass broad around when there are so many other skinnier women to follow around, it means you love fat ass broads.

If you go to a NASCAR event when there are so many other sporting and recreational events to partake of, it means you love NASCAR.

If you hang out on The Cleveland Browns Board, when there are so many other sports boards to hang out at, including Steeler boards, it means you love the Cleveland Browns.

What did I do to rattle your cage? I'm pulling for a rational argument devoid of fan-driven hyperbole and bias, my apologies if that makes me a sixth grader.

Ok it has nothing to do with bias. I have discussed this with Bears and Packer fans on their sites. Hordes of their fan base both count those championships and equate them to their Superbowl wins in the 80's and 90's.

1. Like mentioned before, the Celtics won 9 titles with 16 teams in the league. The Browns had 14. A 2 team difference? Come on.

2. As Mr. T stated before many of the players did not know they changed the name of the championship game to the Superbowl. Quote above.

3. If there were only 14 teams, wouldn't that mean that the talent wasn't spread as thin as it is today? With less teams.

4. I have gotten quotes for both Bears and Packer fans in chat rooms like "who ever doesn't count those as titles are idiots". 30+ people responded. Both teams have Superbowl titles and both fans say the titles in the 60's counted. It's accepted.

5. "The league was defunct"? Really? All the teams that played in the 60's are now in the NFL, that is the opposite of defunct. The Browns were selling out every game 86,000 people, how is that defunct?

6. "They wore leather helmets". You tried tackling with a leather helmet, wouldn't less padding be harder on the body? The game changed just like in the NBA, from set shot and Chuck Taylor's to windmill dunks and Jordan's.

Now that is a rational argument.

Would you care to explain to me how historically an Akron and a Canton team became the Cleveland Browns and therefore their championships in their respective leagues amount to the Cleveland total? Until then shove it up your ass you pompous douchebag

You obviously need a lesson, because I suspect you are probably still in high school or something. And here is your lesson. Maybe you should take notes:

1. The important thing about the "Cleveland Browns" is the "Cleveland" part of that phrase.

2. Your screen name speaks volumes. It says NEOhionative. The "Cleveland" in Cleveland Browns in reality means "the Greater Cleveland" area. The Greater Cleveland area consists of NEOhio. The fact that a team may or may not play within the physical boudaries of the city whose name they bear is not that relevent

3. Akron, and Canton, in case you didn't know, are located in Northeast Ohio.

4. The Cleveland Browns didn't exist as an entity until 1945.

5. The NFL began in 1920, 25 years before the Browns were even dreamed of.

6. Cleveland, Greater Cleveland, Northeast Ohio had franchises in the NFL prior to the Browns. Fairly successful franchises. Championship franchises. The NFL in fact was founded right here in NEOhio.

7. Those franchises of course were not the "Cleveland Browns". The Cleveland Browns in essence are the successors in interest to those franchises. They may not be the same legal entity (franchise), but they were Northeast Ohio's teams at the time and the "spiritual" ancestors of the Browns.

8. Your sporting ancestry as a northeast ohio native includes those accomplishments of those team.

9. The Rams, the Bulldogs (Canton or Cleveland), the Akron Pros,..and the Browns all won championships right here in NEOhio which are forever recorded in the annals of football history....in the Hall of Fame, in the publications, everywhere.

10. And most of us NortheastOhio natives take pride in the accomplishments of those teams, Notwithstanding the fact that all of us were not alive to physically remember them. There are a lot of things that have happened of throughout the history of this nation that I am prideful of despite the fact I was not alive to witness them. These accomplishments of these local teams are just a very small part of that, but a part nevertheless.

Now, I will not ask you to take this and shove it up your ass. No. I will ask you to take this and shove it in your brain, and in your memory and forever retain as a piece of information that you can contemplate and perhaps someday understand. This week you celebrated Veteran's Day which arose out of Armistice Day which was the celebration of the deeds of our country's soldiers in World War I. Ergo, obviously, there must be some value to commemorating historical events. Now you can carry on, and live, and learn.

And remember this old axiom from Poor Richard's Almanack (written by Benjamin Franklin): It is better to have pomposity than to have stupidity.

Additional info for you all: When a team calls itself the So and So Whatchamacallits, that does NOT even mean that they play in the city of So and So. If teams were really named after the cities they play in, the NFL would have the following franchises:

The East Rutherford Giants

The East Rutherford Jets

The Orchard Park Bills

The Hyattsville Redskins

The Independence Chiefs

The Arlington Cowboys

The Aswabenon Packers

The Opa Locka Dolphins

The Foxboro Patriots

The Glendale Cardinals

You would have the Nashville Titans and the Minneapolis Twins

Formerly you would have had the Pontiac Lions, but they have since moved back inside Detroit.

Again you look like the hillbilly Retard you are. There were 14 teams in 1964. Look it up numb nuts. And a defunct league? All 14 teams are now in the NFL, how is that defunct?

NUMBDICK... I am Talking the AAFC. (Hence Off Shoot League )I dont dispute you guys won 4 NFL Titles. Talk about Hillbilly Retards... You may want to Look in your Mirror.

Western Division

Team W L T

Cleveland Browns 14 0 0

San Francisco 49ers 12 2 0

Los Angeles Dons 7 7 0

Chicago Rockets 1 13 0

Eastern Division

Team W L T

Buffalo Bills 7 7 0

Baltimore Colts 7 7 0

New York Yankees 6 8 0

Brooklyn Dodgers 2 12 0

Thats EIGHT TEAMS ( I Meant 7 Other Teams and the Browns)

1964 WAS the NFL YOU Idiot !!!! ???? WHAT ???? Are YOU talking about ?

Hillbilly Retard That !!! Seriously ...what are you even thinking ?

Ok it has nothing to do with bias. I have discussed this with Bears and Packer fans on their sites. Hordes of their fan base both count those championships and equate them to their Superbowl wins in the 80's and 90's.

1. Like mentioned before, the Celtics won 9 titles with 16 teams in the league. The Browns had 14. A 2 team difference? Come on.

2. As Mr. T stated before many of the players did not know they changed the name of the championship game to the Superbowl. Quote above.

3. If there were only 14 teams, wouldn't that mean that the talent wasn't spread as thin as it is today? With less teams.

4. I have gotten quotes for both Bears and Packer fans in chat rooms like "who ever doesn't count those as titles are idiots". 30+ people responded. Both teams have Superbowl titles and both fans say the titles in the 60's counted. It's accepted.

5. "The league was defunct"? Really? All the teams that played in the 60's are now in the NFL, that is the opposite of defunct. The Browns were selling out every game 86,000 people, how is that defunct?

6. "They wore leather helmets". You tried tackling with a leather helmet, wouldn't less padding be harder on the body? The game changed just like in the NBA, from set shot and Chuck Taylor's to windmill dunks and Jordan's.

Now that is a rational argument.

Yes that is a rational argument, but I think you may have confused me with another set of posts. I'd never argue those points, and don't remember having done so before either. Hence my confusion with the animosity.

You obviously need a lesson, because I suspect you are probably still in high school or something. And here is your lesson. Maybe you should take notes:

1. The important thing about the "Cleveland Browns" is the "Cleveland" part of that phrase.

2. Your screen name speaks volumes. It says NEOhionative. The "Cleveland" in Cleveland Browns in reality means "the Greater Cleveland" area. The Greater Cleveland area consists of NEOhio. The fact that a team may or may not play within the physical boudaries of the city whose name they bear is not that relevent

3. Akron, and Canton, in case you didn't know, are located in Northeast Ohio.

4. The Cleveland Browns didn't exist as an entity until 1945.

5. The NFL began in 1920, 25 years before the Browns were even dreamed of.

6. Cleveland, Greater Cleveland, Northeast Ohio had franchises in the NFL prior to the Browns. Fairly successful franchises. Championship franchises. The NFL in fact was founded right here in NEOhio.

7. Those franchises of course were not the "Cleveland Browns". The Cleveland Browns in essence are the successors in interest to those franchises. They may not be the same legal entity (franchise), but they were Northeast Ohio's teams at the time and the "spiritual" ancestors of the Browns.

8. Your sporting ancestry as a northeast ohio native includes those accomplishments of those team.

9. The Rams, the Bulldogs (Canton or Cleveland), the Akron Pros,..and the Browns all won championships right here in NEOhio which are forever recorded in the annals of football history....in the Hall of Fame, in the publications, everywhere.

10. And most of us NortheastOhio natives take pride in the accomplishments of those teams, Notwithstanding the fact that all of us were not alive to physically remember them. There are a lot of things that have happened of throughout the history of this nation that I am prideful of despite the fact I was not alive to witness them. These accomplishments of these local teams are just a very small part of that, but a part nevertheless.

Now, I will not ask you to take this and shove it up your ass. No. I will ask you to take this and shove it in your brain, and in your memory and forever retain as a piece of information that you can contemplate and perhaps someday understand. This week you celebrated Veteran's Day which arose out of Armistice Day which was the celebration of the deeds of our country's soldiers in World War I. Ergo, obviously, there must be some value to commemorating historical events. Now you can carry on, and live, and learn.

And remember this old axiom from Poor Richard's Almanack (written by Benjamin Franklin): It is better to have pomposity than to have stupidity.

You can ride your high horse all you want, that doesn't make those championships the Browns, its a non-argument just because they're all from the same region. With that logic you could combine the wins of the Yankees, Mets, and Dodgers since they were originally from Brooklyn. It's just not reasonable, no matter how much you try to rationalize.

it makes the browns fans feel good to count garbage championships. why not count backyard football games too?

The browns cannot even sell out a MNF game.. this year will be Super Bowl 44 and no Browns team has ever been good enough to even play in one.

Keep counting those backyard football championships..chuckles...

it makes the browns fans feel good to count garbage championships. why not count backyard football games too?

The browns cannot even sell out a MNF game.. this year will be Super Bowl 44 and no Browns team has ever been good enough to even play in one.

Keep counting those backyard football championships..chuckles...

Still posting while YOUR game is on. Truly sad.

Maybe she knew they were going to lose at HOME.

lol... Cincy looked Good. We had No answer Today . Maybe Monday Night Hangover a bit ...combined with the Fact that somehow the Bengals are for real. Kick coverage team. is a wreck... But Pittsburgh will get that crap fixed. Not our Day.

QUOTE (Kosar_For_President @ Nov 13 2009, 09:11 PM)

1. Like mentioned before, the Celtics won 9 titles with 16 teams in the league. The Browns had 14. A 2 team difference? Come on

4 Titles IN the NFL Bro ... We are only discussing the 4 from the 8 TEAM AAFC. Are you following this at all ???

AAFC teams

Baltimore Colts**, 1947-49

Brooklyn Dodgers, 1946-48 (merged with New York Yankees for 1949 season)

Buffalo Bisons, 1946; renamed Buffalo Bills**, 1947-49

Chicago Rockets, 1946-48; renamed Chicago Hornets, 1949

Cleveland Browns* , 1946-49

Los Angeles Dons, 1946-49

Miami Seahawks, 1946

New York Yankees, 1946-48; merged with Brooklyn Dodgers, becoming Brooklyn/New York Yankees, 1949

San Francisco 49ers*, 1946-49

I actually DO treat the Browns NFL Titles the same as a Super Bowl win ...although there was also an AFL Champion so ... i don't know. You should be happy some of us see these Titles on the same level as Super Bowls. After all there was 2 Champions at the Time.

And this is no different than the NFL. Many, many NFL teams are now defunct. That does not diminish the titles that were won in the NFL. Some of those titles were won by now defunct teams.

Gip... MAJOR Eggageration my friend The MANY MANY Defunct teams in the NFL were all in the 20`s and 30`s. from the 40`s on all you have is :

Baltimore Colts (1950)

Boston Yanks (1944-48) / New York Bulldogs (1949) / New York Yanks (1950-51)

Dallas Texans (1952)

So you have The Colts who later reappeared and were successful. The Boston -NY Team. and And the Texans.

MANY MANY Teams ?? Not quite.

If the browns won that much in the past and were so good - then why have 43 Super Bowls gone by without seeing them even sniff a real championship?

this year will be 44 Super Bowls that the browns have been absent.. 44 years wow!

steelers have won the most Super Bowls of any team.. sad to see browns fans clinging to the 40's.. It is 2009!!!!

If the browns won that much in the past and were so good - then why have 43 Super Bowls gone by without seeing them even sniff a real championship?

this year will be 44 Super Bowls that the browns have been absent.. 44 years wow!

steelers have won the most Super Bowls of any team.. sad to see browns fans clinging to the 40's.. It is 2009!!!!

Well Brother they got some sniffs.... ask Bernie kosar and Earnest Byner. The AFC Title Game is most defiantly a sniff !!

I actually DO treat the Browns NFL Titles the same as a Super Bowl win ...although there was also an AFL Champion so ... i don't know. You should be happy some of us see these Titles on the same level as Super Bowls. After all there was 2 Champions at the Time.

I am happy you see it that way. I really thought all Steeler fans were idiots. At least there is one out there with some smarts. Please talk some sense into the other ignorant hillbillies that have no class.

Hey Freak, be honest here, do you think if the Steelers ruled or at least had more then 5 winning seasons in the first 40 years of existence, these other Retards would still be discounting their past?

Typical Stooler fan. Deny their team existed when they sucked. Proof that Steeler fans are fair weather fans. More proof, look at the attendance when Steelers fall out the playoffs (which for the first 40 years, 5 winning seasons). It's sad. Show some class, boy.

Typical Stooler fan. Deny their team existed when they sucked. Proof that Steeler fans are fair weather fans. More proof, look at the attendance when Steelers fall out the playoffs (which for the first 40 years, 5 winning seasons). It's sad. Show some class, boy.

all we have to do is go back to 1963 when competition for a championship aka Super Bowl became intense.. The Steelers showed up and the Browns bumbled and stumbled. funny how the browns fans hate the present and cling to the past.. do you still watch "I Love Lucy" and the Honeymooners too? lol

44 years.. no browns (except Modell) in or winning a super bowl.. chuckling...

all we have to do is go back to 1963 when competition for a championship aka Super Bowl became intense.. The Steelers showed up and the Browns bumbled and stumbled. funny how the browns fans hate the present and cling to the past.. do you still watch "I Love Lucy" and the Honeymooners too? lol

44 years.. no browns (except Modell) in or winning a super bowl.. chuckling...

Spoken like a true hillbilly. And again it means so much to you to present your "views" on the issue at a Browns board? That is funny. Please continue, it's seriously entertaining.

I am happy you see it that way. I really thought all Steeler fans were idiots. At least there is one out there with some smarts. Please talk some sense into the other ignorant hillbillies that have no class.

Hey Freak, be honest here, do you think if the Steelers ruled or at least had more then 5 winning seasons in the first 40 years of existence, these other Retards would still be discounting their past?

No we would not discount it ... If it was an NFL Title it was an NFL Title. We wouldn't mind stacking a few More Titles in there. Like I said the AAFC Titles while nice are NOT NFL Titles. But the 4 NFL Championship the Browns won are NFL Championships. Thats what the NFL was at the time... And the Browns Ruled for a Spell. As We did in the 70s... The Browns did in the 50`s (along with the Lions) . Now have the Browns tumbled into hard hard times since... But we cant discount that the Browns are a Huge part of NFL LORE...

Actually I really don't think they deny our teams existence when we sucked ... its more like It happened when the vast majority of us NEVER Witnessed it. Outta sight outta mind... Also we have established a Long Hard track record of Excellence. So thats what we are now , why worry that 4 decades ago we were a laughing stock.... Though Much of what I read says the the Steelers were always a very Tuff out and very physical team (Even as losers). Something like the Browns had been before they were Stolen away by Baltimore !

By the way Go Browns Beat BAltiwhore !!!

it is just so funny. Nobody takes browns football seriously. they have been a no show in every single super bowl but yet claim to be some bad ass team from the 40's and 50"s with so called championships..

The NFL is designed so that every team has a chance to win a SB each year. The Browns are still scratching their heads and rear ends after 44 years of not getting it done..

So thats what we are now , why worry that 4 decades ago we were a laughing stock....

Actually, this is why there is a huge band wagon following of your team. Ask any Browns fan who were on those teams and they could name at least 10 people. It would be the same even if the Browns were bad during those years. For example, I can name players from the Indians on years we lost 100 games. I bet 3/4 of the city of Pittsburgh have no clue they have one of the best players in the game on the Pirates (McCutchen). That is the definition of a band wagon city, if you are losing you don't care. Cleveland cares, we might bitch, but we still back our teams.

Hey Freak, go back and look at the Steelers losing seasons (I posted the numbers before). Right when they fell out of playoff contention the attendance drops off by like half. Then we got these fags (not you) come into this chat room and talk about the Browns not selling out (which they have now) on Monday night, with probably one of the worst Browns seasons and teams in recent memory.

You as the only non-Retarded Steeler fan, you have to see how Pittsburgh is largely composed of band wagon, toothless, shallow, uneducated fans.

Actually, this is why there is a huge band wagon following of your team. Ask any Browns fan who were on those teams and they could name at least 10 people. It would be the same even if the Browns were bad during those years. For example, I can name players from the Indians on years we lost 100 games. I bet 3/4 of the city of Pittsburgh have no clue they have one of the best players in the game on the Pirates (McCutchen). That is the definition of a band wagon city, if you are losing you don't care. Cleveland cares, we might bitch, but we still back our teams.

Hey Freak, go back and look at the Steelers losing seasons (I posted the numbers before). Right when they fell out of playoff contention the attendance drops off by like half. Then we got these fags (not you) come into this chat room and talk about the Browns not selling out (which they have now) on Monday night, with probably one of the worst Browns seasons and teams in recent memory.

You as the only non-Retarded Steeler fan, you have to see how Pittsburgh is largely composed of band wagon, toothless, shallow, uneducated fans.

and you cannot even sell out a MNF game in prime time.. I guess that sums up todays browns fans..

Archived