THE BROWNS BOARD

Hines Ward NFL's Dirtiest Player- So say his peers

Brownshirt

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it is just so funny. Nobody takes browns football seriously. they have been a no show in every single super bowl but yet claim to be some bad ass team from the 40's and 50"s with so called championships..

The NFL is designed so that every team has a chance to win a SB each year. The Browns are still scratching their heads and rear ends after 44 years of not getting it done..

On an unrelated note, DJ Hero is a terrible game. I bet you like Eminem, you sally faggot.

If the browns won that much in the past and were so good - then why have 43 Super Bowls gone by without seeing them even sniff a real championship?

this year will be 44 Super Bowls that the browns have been absent.. 44 years wow!

steelers have won the most Super Bowls of any team.. sad to see browns fans clinging to the 40's.. It is 2009!!!!

says the man who has the time on his hands to sign up, post, and devote hours of his life to try and annoy people over the internet. You would think you would be more worried about your life then the lives of Browns fans but to each there own.

all we have to do is go back to 1963 when competition for a championship aka Super Bowl became intense.. The Steelers showed up and the Browns bumbled and stumbled. funny how the browns fans hate the present and cling to the past.. do you still watch "I Love Lucy" and the Honeymooners too? lol

44 years.. no browns (except Modell) in or winning a super bowl.. chuckling...

Well, I was in high school in 1964 when the Browns won their most recent championship and trust me, it's not exactly a faint and distant memory. There are many very good, very funny episodes of "I Love Lucy" that are worth watching along with "The Andy Griffith Show" and a few others. The music from 1964 is memorable and worth a listen along with tunes from years earlier than that. Imagine that. Things that have been around a while, are worth remembering and appreciating. I suppose we're all "clinging to the past" when we celebrate July 4th and other holidays?

It's "funny" how Browns fans hate the present and cling to the past? We appreciate the fantastic football heritage that has resided in Cleveland and look forward to the days when the Browns return to glory. We don't have any reason to be happy about the present. There hasn't been much to cheer about since Modell performed his horrible deed. We don't "cling" to the past, we appreciate and value our history. Just out of curiosity, what is the magical number of years that must transpire before one is "clinging" to the past so I'll know when Steeler fans have crossed that line?

I grew up in a household where loyalties were divided between two rival high schools. We respected each other and got along just fine. On the day when our teams played each other, we took sides and had a little fun needling each other. Once game day passed, we returned to mutual respect and the needling ended. I admire people who can be humble in victory and show respect for their opponents. I don't admire fans who can't have a discussion without childish name-calling and derision.

You guys with this garbage get so ridiculous.

You are desperate to claim your 8 Championships.

Where are the trophies for those games? Who did you play?

NUMBER ONE - The NFL Championship and the Super Bowl are NOT the same thing. Want proof--go to the Minnesota Vikings and Baltimore Colts, who in 1970 and 1969 respectively, won the NFL Championship and lost the Super Bowl. They do not represent the same thing.

NUMBER TWO - The NFL does not recognize the AAFC Championship Games. This is the league you compete in, you won only 4 of the league titles of the league you compete in. Winning the other championships against teams that saw 7 of the 10 teams immediately fold, and an 8th team shortly thereafter. Yet you try to legitimize that league as if it were quality competition.

NUMBER THREE - The NFL itself does not recognize the NFL Championship at the same level as it does the Super Bowl. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Championship_Game

After the 1970 AFL–NFL merger and the emergence of the Super Bowl, all NFL league championship games prior to merger are listed along with the NFC conference championship games in the NFL's official records.

NUMBER FOUR - Other factors--the NFL Championship was played with a rotating home field advantage. You didn't even need to EARN it, you simply got it similar to the way the World Series used to work, except it was the one game scenario on your home field. 3 of the Browns 4 NFL Championships were won on their own home field. There was no playoff....winning your conference was the same as winning your division today...a regular season title. The only exception was in the exception of a regular season tie--a one game playoff would occur. In order for the Browns to win their 4 NFL Titles, they had to win 5 post season games. By contrast, to win their 6 Super Bowls, the Steelers had to win 19 post season games.....a much greater challenge.

NUMBER FIVE - Your AAFC Championships were won against defunct teams. You are trying to make them as legit as the NFL. The NFL does not consider the USFL Champs or WFL Champs on equal footing as the NFL Champs, why would they the AAFC?

I have made these statements here before, but not one of you has been able to come back to them. All you say is, "oh, we got 8 Championships"

You are so weak, just turn your computer off next time you want to try to flex your muscles, you have none.

d

So, if the NFL decided to change the name of their championship game from the superbowl to some other name like the worl bowl or something would the Squeeler's six TAINTED trophies no longer count?

You can ride your high horse all you want, that doesn't make those championships the Browns, its a non-argument just because they're all from the same region. With that logic you could combine the wins of the Yankees, Mets, and Dodgers since they were originally from Brooklyn. It's just not reasonable, no matter how much you try to rationalize.

Who the F**k said they were all the "Browns". Did I f**king say they were the Browns? No.

The logic of combining them is that they are all won by teams in NEOhio.

What is it about that you don't understand?

The important thing to New Yorkers about "New York Yankees" is the New York. New Yorkers wouldn't give a shit if "The Yankees" were the Baltimore Yankees.

the Important thing about "The Browns" is the "Cleveland" part of it. Not "the Browns" part of it.

As Seinfeld said, "all you are rooting for is the laundry" if all you care about is "the Browns".

St. Louis had a baseball team once called "The Browns". Do you love those "Browns". I think not.

It is the "Cleveland" part, be it Browns, Rams, Indians, Bulldogs, Pros that is important. Not the Laundry.

Good point!

You'll notice that some Browns fans place a great deal of emphasis on people who have a connection to Cleveland or NE Ohio. In one sentence they will make up stuff to defame the Steelers and then pump their chest about Noll and Cowher having Cleveland connections.

Understanding that these fans have very little to be proud of thus they have to grasp on to anything but it amuses me that they don't see just how silly it is.

Its not a good point, because, as I have said, it is the "Cleveland" part that is important.

And just because The Steelers are defamable doesn't mean we cannot be proud of our area's native sons, no matter who they accomplished their tasks with.

In case you haven't paid attention, I personally have also sung the accolades of other succesful native sons of this area, none of whom have a gaddam thing to do with Pittsburgh. Like Don Shula, Ara Parseghian, Bo Schembechler, Urban Meyer, Bob Stoops, Les Miles, Jim Tressell, etc., etc.

And, actually, if you also note, I do very little defamation of The Steelers. If you have noticed I have been quite complimentary of their organization. (My opinion that BR may only be the 4th or 5th best QB in the AFC is NOT defamatory, merely arguable).

Steeler fans, on the other hand, are simply too easy a target for defamation. (which is a wrong term, as defamation is only actionable if the statements made are false. To say that many if not most Steeler fans are ignorant, stupid, or a bunch of FRAKS is mere truth. And truth is an absolute defense to defamation!!) :lol:

it makes the browns fans feel good to count garbage championships. why not count backyard football games too?

The browns cannot even sell out a MNF game.. this year will be Super Bowl 44 and no Browns team has ever been good enough to even play in one.

Keep counting those backyard football championships..chuckles...

Really? How many backyard champions have you know to come into a game with the defending NFL champions and wiped their asses clean on the field?

Again, I don't know if you have seen my other posts on the subject, but the AAFC titles are not recognized by the NFL ONLY Because of the petty jealousy and resentment of Bert Bell....the owner of that embarrassed NFL defending champ.

If the browns won that much in the past and were so good - then why have 43 Super Bowls gone by without seeing them even sniff a real championship?

this year will be 44 Super Bowls that the browns have been absent.. 44 years wow!

steelers have won the most Super Bowls of any team.. sad to see browns fans clinging to the 40's.. It is 2009!!!!

It is simple Karma, baby. Perhaps you need to get religion. Greater Cleveland has 13 pro football titles. STILL more than any other town! Karma has said "you guys need to slow down until another town catches up". Well, no one else YET has caught up. Green Bay needs 1 more, Chicago 2. Let us know when that happens.

No we would not discount it ... If it was an NFL Title it was an NFL Title. We wouldn't mind stacking a few More Titles in there. Like I said the AAFC Titles while nice are NOT NFL Titles. But the 4 NFL Championship the Browns won are NFL Championships. Thats what the NFL was at the time... And the Browns Ruled for a Spell. As We did in the 70s... The Browns did in the 50`s (along with the Lions) . Now have the Browns tumbled into hard hard times since... But we cant discount that the Browns are a Huge part of NFL LORE...

And the AAFC is also a huge part of the NFL lore. Just look at the titles won by the 3 teams left from the AAFC merger, the Browns, the 49ers, and the reconstituted Colts.

Browns 4 NFL titles

49ers 5 NFL titles

Colts 4 NFL titles

13 combined titles

Can you tell me that there are 3 NFL teams that existed in 1950 that combined have won more titles than these 3?

(In thinking, perhaps if you combine the Steelers, Packers and either the Giants or Redskins to come up with like 1 more)

Actually I really don't think they deny our teams existence when we sucked ... its more like It happened when the vast majority of us NEVER Witnessed it. Outta sight outta mind... Also we have established a Long Hard track record of Excellence. So thats what we are now , why worry that 4 decades ago we were a laughing stock.... Though Much of what I read says the the Steelers were always a very Tuff out and very physical team (Even as losers). Something like the Browns had been before they were Stolen away by Baltimore !

By the way Go Browns Beat BAltiwhore !!!

Well, I did see about 10 years of that era, from about 1961 to 1971. And yes, for a few years, though they could not win much, the Steelers were a "tough out". Primarily when they had John Henry Johnson playing RB for them. In the 60s the Steelers may have won one or two games against the Browns, and JHJ was the main reason.

it is just so funny. Nobody takes browns football seriously. they have been a no show in every single super bowl but yet claim to be some bad ass team from the 40's and 50"s with so called championships..

The NFL is designed so that every team has a chance to win a SB each year. The Browns are still scratching their heads and rear ends after 44 years of not getting it done..

Well, for 40 years you had an incompetent owner running your team. Nice man, Art Rooney, but not a good football guy. It took his son Dan Rooney to come in and really make the Steelers good. We, on the other hand, had a real dickhead running this team for 30+ years who couldn't scratch his ass without it getting in the way of what went on on the field. Now, we may have our own Art Rooney. Randy Lerner seems like a hell of a nice guy, but may not be a very competent football owner.

and you cannot even sell out a MNF game in prime time.. I guess that sums up todays browns fans..

Except, dumbass, the Browns are sold out. After 10 years of bad football, and the really poor economy, and considering the prices they charge to see a game, it is really somewhat of a miracle that there has been as much support as their is.

Given the same conditions with the Steelers, it would probably be only 2-3 years of losing before the same thing happened there. At least, that's the way it was the last time.

Except, dumbass, the Browns are sold out. After 10 years of bad football, and the really poor economy, and considering the prices they charge to see a game, it is really somewhat of a miracle that there has been as much support as their is.

Given the same conditions with the Steelers, it would probably be only 2-3 years of losing before the same thing happened there. At least, that's the way it was the last time

Gip, I showed this in 4 losing seasons of the Steelers (in a previous post). Even after the year they lost in the Divisional Playoffs in 2002, they went 6-10 in 2003 and by the end of the season they were only at 70% capacity. I went back to 4 other seasons. One season (I think when they went 1-11) they started with sell outs and then the final game of the season they were at 30% capacity. It's just in their nature.

quote name='Kosar_For_President' post='136931' date='Nov 15 2009, 08:48 PM']Actually, this is why there is a huge band wagon following of your team. Ask any Browns fan who were on those teams and they could name at least 10 people. It would be the same even if the Browns were bad during those years. For example, I can name players from the Indians on years we lost 100 games. I bet 3/4 of the city of Pittsburgh have no clue they have one of the best players in the game on the Pirates (McCutchen). That is the definition of a band wagon city, if you are losing you don't care. Cleveland cares, we might bitch, but we still back our teams.

Hey Freak, go back and look at the Steelers losing seasons (I posted the numbers before). Right when they fell out of playoff contention the attendance drops off by like half. Then we got these fags (not you) come into this chat room and talk about the Browns not selling out (which they have now) on Monday night, with probably one of the worst Browns seasons and teams in recent memory.

You as the only non-Retarded Steeler fan, you have to see how Pittsburgh is largely composed of band wagon, toothless, shallow, uneducated fans.

Our Attendance does not drop by half Kosar... Thats BS... Have we had GAMES where the attendance was Low YES.. but we have been sold our for a LONG LONG Time brother. And Sorry i am not buying for ONE minute that statement above . NO way , I would say MAYBE 10% of the Brown fans could name 10 People from those teams. Thats so BS its sad. That was 40 and 50 yrs ago. Now my Dad and Grandpa could name a buncha Steelers from the Bad days... but they seen all that era. Dont overstate and generalize stuff. I totlayy disagree that we are largely composed of band wagon, toothless, shallow, uneducated fans.[ Thats BS too. We have a nice chunk of bandwagoin follers but thats what CHAMPIONSHIPS Bring. IF you ever Win a Super Bowl you all will find out . And i will be laughing my tail off. Thats Life brother. Winning draws ... losing , its the Hard Core.

or maybe they have higher standards/more common sense than us browns fans?

loyalty is one thing, but at SOME point you have to let your money do the talking.

any idea if the empty-seat protest is still on for tonight?

Well, my money just bought $13 tickets for tonight. And no I am not protesting.

The browns have more talent than what we see...numerous problems have led to this complete breakdown...from the infamous bad coaching to the players themselves and everything in between..players have to believe in their system and feel the game ,have fun and unity with determination to play top notch ball...this regime seems to have a way of suppressing what most other teams not only allow but insist on...

quote name='Kosar_For_President' post='136931' date='Nov 15 2009, 08:48 PM']Actually, this is why there is a huge band wagon following of your team. Ask any Browns fan who were on those teams and they could name at least 10 people. It would be the same even if the Browns were bad during those years. For example, I can name players from the Indians on years we lost 100 games. I bet 3/4 of the city of Pittsburgh have no clue they have one of the best players in the game on the Pirates (McCutchen). That is the definition of a band wagon city, if you are losing you don't care. Cleveland cares, we might bitch, but we still back our teams.

Hey Freak, go back and look at the Steelers losing seasons (I posted the numbers before). Right when they fell out of playoff contention the attendance drops off by like half. Then we got these fags (not you) come into this chat room and talk about the Browns not selling out (which they have now) on Monday night, with probably one of the worst Browns seasons and teams in recent memory.

You as the only non-Retarded Steeler fan, you have to see how Pittsburgh is largely composed of band wagon, toothless, shallow, uneducated fans.

Our Attendance does not drop by half Kosar... Thats BS... Have we had GAMES where the attendance was Low YES.. but we have been sold our for a LONG LONG Time brother. And Sorry i am not buying for ONE minute that statement above . NO way , I would say MAYBE 10% of the Brown fans could name 10 People from those teams. Thats so BS its sad. That was 40 and 50 yrs ago. Now my Dad and Grandpa could name a buncha Steelers from the Bad days... but they seen all that era. Dont overstate and generalize stuff. I totlayy disagree that we are largely composed of band wagon, toothless, shallow, uneducated fans.[ Thats BS too. We have a nice chunk of bandwagoin follers but thats what CHAMPIONSHIPS Bring. IF you ever Win a Super Bowl you all will find out . And i will be laughing my tail off. Thats Life brother. Winning draws ... losing , its the Hard Core.

Freak go look at the attendance for your losing seasons. I am not saying you haven't sold out. Please look at it.

p.s. me and my grampa could name players from that era.

The browns have more talent than what we see...numerous problems have led to this complete breakdown...from the infamous bad coaching to the players themselves and everything in between..players have to believe in their system and feel the game ,have fun and unity with determination to play top notch ball...this regime seems to have a way of suppressing what most other teams not only allow but insist on...

AGREE

when the steelers visit the browns every year, the Browns fans leave at the end of the 3rd Q and it is Steeler nation in the stands. oh so true!

Well, ya putz, when the Browns are getting beat 40-3 what do you expect?

And by the way "Steeler nation" is such a mindless cliche. Can you not come up with something original?

Archived