THE BROWNS BOARD

Perfect Nickname for the Browns Defensive Line

The Gipper

You are all aware that some of the great defensive lines in history have had Colorful Nicknames. Purple People Eaters, Doomsday Defense, Fearsome Foursome, Steel Curtain, Orange Crush. The Browns had the Dawg Defense that related more to the Defensive Backfield.

Well, I think/hope this DL we are going to have is going to be outstanding. And if it is, it needs a good nickname...and there is clear choice in this regard: We will have a line consisting of Garrett/Shelton/Ogbah/Ogunjobi. So, just taking a cue from those last two guys and we get:

The OGRES.

I mean, how great is that? From Wikipedia:

ogre (feminine ogress) is a term used in myth and folk tales for a variety of abominable and brutish hominid monsters, informally large, unpleasant, grotesque, predatory, and typically cannibalistic towards normal human beings, infants, and children. Ogres and similar creatures feature in mythology,folklore, and fiction around the world, appearing in many classic works of literature and fairy tales.

Now THAT is what we want out of our defensive line. Large, brutish, unpleasant, predatory.

The OGRES.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's wait 'till the get out from under The Orange Pumpkins before we give them a name. If you earn it, it will come. :D

Sure, they will have to earn it.....but it doesn't hurt to have a good name in reserve. When they start to play like Ogres, then we can unveil it.

Ogbah

Garrett

R??????

E??????

Work a couple trades and maybe I can get on board... but I doubt it....

There's a difference between "can't do" and "couldn't give a fuck less about".

In your case I suspect that the former applies more than the latter. When one can't do something, one usually does not give a fuck about it.

In your case I suspect that the former applies more than the latter. When one can't do something, one usually does not give a fuck about it.

Conversely, when the subject matter is pointless, easy, and serves no purpose...one usually does not give a fuck about it.

But you keep on doing you, buddy. Gotta feel important around here somehow. God knows it's not due to your football knowledge.

Conversely, when the subject matter is pointless, easy, and serves no purpose...one usually does not give a fuck about it.

But you keep on doing you, buddy. Gotta feel important around here somehow. God knows it's not due to your football knowledge.

Is it important to you that I feel important? It is not important to me. This is called entertainment Sonny Jim.

And I have yet to see any evidence of you having anything remotely reflecting football knowledge.

Show me one post you have made that is of substantive contribution here? Something that anyone cares about and can learn from.

Orange Ogres

\/\/\/\/\/\/

...nom nom nom...

lol- Ogres! I love it Gip!

Fans---1 Freak 1 Bourbon 1 Scotch & 1 Beer..... :P with a Freakin Salt n Peppers....Team--Williams Wall of Defense or Brn.ass(k)ic Park.

Let's wait 'till the get out from under The Orange Pumpkins before we give them a name. If you earn it, it will come. :D

The Smashing Pumpkins

Archived