THE BROWNS BOARD

Colt Mccoy

bigbaddawgjr

It's the same as yours Tunapussy, orange... DUh!

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry slap dick...I guess when you have your head as far up Colt McCoy's ass as you do, you would think it was orange.

The better question would've been, how does Colt's lower intestine look from your view?

Yeah, I guess we can just agree to disagree on this topic. You're set in your thinking and I'm set in mine.

However, you watching McCoy throw "weak armed" passes is just as exciting as me watching Weeden throw interceptions with the game on the line so I guess we're both screwed.

Yeah, I guess we can just agree to disagree on this topic. You're set in your thinking and I'm set in mine.

However, you watching McCoy throw "weak armed" passes is just as exciting as me watching Weeden throw interceptions with the game on the line so I guess we're both screwed.

We actually aren't both screwed. I haven't spent the better part of a month blowing Colt McCoy in front of everyone here. I am far from convinced that Weeden is the answer at QB. I like the signing of Campbell and if he plays better in training camp, I hope he gets the start.

The difference between you and me slap dick is that you're infatuated with certain players on the Browns (Richardson, Dawson, Cribbs, McCoy) and I'm a fan of the Cleveland Browns. I don't give a shit who plays...I want to see the Browns win games. The other difference between you and me slap dick is that I can read between the lines and assess the situation. Colt McCoy is as done in Cleveland as Phil Dawson and Josh Cribbs were.

Here's a good analogy for you...fill one of your hands with shit and fill the other with hope...see which one fills up faster.

We actually aren't both screwed. I haven't spent the better part of a month blowing Colt McCoy in front of everyone here. I am far from convinced that Weeden is the answer at QB. I like the signing of Campbell and if he plays better in training camp, I hope he gets the start.

The difference between you and me slap dick is that you're infatuated with certain players on the Browns (Richardson, Dawson, Cribbs, McCoy) and I'm a fan of the Cleveland Browns. I don't give a shit who plays...I want to see the Browns win games. The other difference between you and me slap dick is that I can read between the lines and assess the situation. Colt McCoy is as done in Cleveland as Phil Dawson and Josh Cribbs were.

Here's a good analogy for you...fill one of your hands with shit and fill the other with hope...see which one fills up faster.

What you don't get you vagina of the sea, is that it takes PLAYERS to win the game. Tunapussy, look at reason for once in your life instead of staring at the dog's dick, players play jerseys do not. All the players you listed were and are fan favorites, are you late to the show or what. Players Play, Haters Hate... it's clear which which side you're on, tunapussy.

Oh, I almost forgot; Tunapussy this, Tunapussy that, ect. ad nauseum.

well whoever is starting this year better step up and become the guy cuz if not.....

i can hear it already. PoG and his "JOHNNY FOOTBALL" fan club talking about he'll be the number blah blah bad ass blah blah blah.

lord please help us.

What you don't get you vagina of the sea, is that it takes PLAYERS to win the game. Tunapussy, look at reason for once in your life instead of staring at the dog's dick, players play jerseys do not. All the players you listed were and are fan favorites, are you late to the show or what. Players Play, Haters Hate... it's clear which which side you're on, tunapussy.

Oh, I almost forgot; Tunapussy this, Tunapussy that, ect. ad nauseum.

They WERE fan favorites, although I'm not sure Colt was really ever a "fan favorite". He was the least shitty smelling in a pile of shit.

Dawson didn't want to come back here...would've loved to have him but that's life in the NFL.

Cribbs...loved the guy...still do and will love to watch him whereever he ends up. But it sucks to get old and the game (and the rule changes) have taken their toll on him.

Richardson...it remains to be seen. I was in the stands when he blasted that Philly defenders helmet off on opening day. I think he's going to be very good. I'm not sure if he will live up to the super human status you've given him here.

Part of being a fan of any team in any professional sport. Players come and go all the time.

There you go, fixed it for you. You're just suffering from dyslexia.

Really? Hey, don't bring me into it. Everyone (except Rooster) here has been telling you for weeks what was going to come to pass, giving you tons of valid reasons, but You're still swimming in D-Nile.

As far as dyslexic, did you even bother to read the article you posted? FYI, it supports our contention Colt is gone.

Read Carefully PG

Colt is competing for a roster spot, not with Weeden for the starting position. Banner just said it, in plain English.

That seems fairly unequivocal in that it'll be Weeden as starter, and Campbell has been brought in as a sort of mentor in the vertical style offense. If they decide Campbell's better than Weeden then there'll be no hesitation in changing that, but at the moment it looks like they too have decided Colt isn't good enough. I hope he ends up somewhere warm where he can really shine.

That seems fairly unequivocal in that it'll be Weeden as starter, and Campbell has been brought in as a sort of mentor in the vertical style offense. If they decide Campbell's better than Weeden then there'll be no hesitation in changing that, but at the moment it looks like they too have decided Colt isn't good enough. I hope he ends up somewhere warm where he can really shine.

He should latch on to the Cowboys or Texans as a third stringer and sell car washes,write books, make public appearances and hold a clipboard.

He can be the Texas Don Strock.

Don Strock had the best job in the world in Miami, he was always tanned, his golf game became legendary and Griese took care of the football games.

Couldn't you see Colt as Jerry Jones mascot, holding down a backup role for ten years and being a team ambassador?

Zombo

Zombo, Jason Campbell is hardly Bob Griesi.

Don't get all worked up...

WSS

Jason Campbell is not in Dallas.

He's the backup in Cleveland.

Tony Romo would be Bob Griese in this scenario.

Zombo

He should latch on to the Cowboys or Texans as a third stringer and sell car washes,write books, make public appearances and hold a clipboard.

He can be the Texas Don Strock.

Don Strock had the best job in the world in Miami, he was always tanned, his golf game became legendary and Griese took care of the football games.

Couldn't you see Colt as Jerry Jones mascot, holding down a backup role for ten years and being a team ambassador?

Zombo

I could see the Colt in Dallas thing, pretty much Jason Garrett 2.0

i'm surprised colt isn't going to try and somehow follow his buddy dawson to san fran (of course if he had it his way).

the people in texas would eat it up if he landed on one of the teams there.

the problem with mccoy supporters is and will be: if he doesn't get into a fair unbiased QB competition here in cleveland you are always going to have the PoGs and in some cases me, that will always have the "well he never got a fair shot" complaint to fall back onto.

but hey life is a bitch and no one is guaranteed 'fair' anything.

step up or get out of the way.

the one thing that bothers me more about this situation than mccoy not ever getting a fair shot in a competition (if he'd lose or not) is the cracks i already see in the misspeak coming from the FO already. banner: "we won't bring in another QB to push weeden. mccoy will compete for the job." (bullshit). chud in his first interview: "i'll make the decisions when i see the guys (weeden and mccoy) on the field. it's hard to know who can do what better until you actually get them on the field." (bullshit).

sounds like mccoy has been given nothing but a hard fucking by this franchise since he got here. and a lot of what this new FO has said in recent weeks sounds a lot like old fat fuck face holmgren when he said "don't worry colt, we're not going to draft another QB."

if you are gonna lie, do a better job of it and don't get quoted saying something you don't mean.

i'm not saying colt is our QB or i want him as our QB, but man his ass must hurt.

McCoy got drafted higher, and got more starts, by Cleveland than he would have gotten anywhere else.

He's just not that good.

Fuck him ... Go back to Texas.

Go suck Dawson's dick in SF and hold CK's jock.

Whatever. He got more than a shot for guy who probably never should've gotten a shot.

Chud and Norv are firing down the field. McCoy couldn't keep his job in a WCO offense ... Please move on, people.

Z

I don't understand the Colt hate. The guy isn't a very good QB, but given the very shitty situation he had around him, the dude never became a locker room cancer. He's got a great attitude and was a good teammate.

We've had tons of guys that had great attitudes and were good teammates and quietly went on to another life.

There is one reason we "hate" Colt: Poetic G.

People have to get so damn gay about QBs. We had to blow the board up once and we'd probably have to do it again if the Browns didn't sign Campbell.

Now that we don't have any warm and fuzzy "Mascot" QBs with moxie, we should be fine.

You get one Brian Sipe per franchise every 100 years. All the other little guys who are boy scouts and drink their milk and say all the right things amount to nothing while 6'6 idiots with no personality like Big Ben and Joe Flacco are whipping our ass and winning rings.

Just get a guy with a gun, cut the guy you'd like your daughter to date and move on...

Zombo

6'6 idiots with no personality

Zombo

sounds like weeden, except he hasn't won us jack nor has/had mccoy.

it's off season and there ain't jack to talk about so i don't see the problem with comparing QBs. this is THE make or break year for anyone of these douches to become our franchise QB. if not, get rid of 'em all.

we'll all see real soon how good our new FO talent evaluation is come august.

i don't have much patience anymore for these misses with our draft picks.

Here's what I know: Big Ben and Joe Flacco are two big dickheads with huge size, escapability and big guns in the AFC North and they are 24-1 against the Browns and have been to four Super Bowls.

Colt McCoy was a great college quarterback who was a third round reach, loves his mom, eats apple pie, reads the bible, drills balls into the turf and lobs deeps passes like it's the Hindenberg hitting the New Jersey coast.

I don't know if Brandon Weeden is the answer, I'm pretty sure Jason Campbell is not. But if our new coach wants big guys with guns, then give him big guys with guns and send fucking Colt back to Texas before Poetic G assfucks him and puts the video on youtube and ruins his goddamn promising career as a clipboard holder and goodwill ambassador.

Zombo

The previous FO used a first rounder for Weeden and they had to play him. How would it look if they burnt a first round pick and then once they got going they decided McCoy was the better QB? They would pretty much be saying they didn't know what they were doing. They had no choice after taking a 29 year old QB but to play him. Do you know what I mean?

It seems to me that the fact that they couldn't play McCoy, because of the implications and ramifications, many feel like Colt just can't play or compete at this level. That is the catch, many feel that Colt was better but the FO and coaching staff could not justify blowing a first rounder on a QB when we had a superior one already on the roster. In doing this it is assumed that the FO believed that Weeden was better because he got the start and played the whole season when in reality they forced their own hand in it.

The new FO and Coaching Staff does not have that(forced to play Weeden) attached to them, they will determine the best QB for themselves but probably have to be wondering if what I say is true. They would probably be under the impression that ANY coaching staff and FO would do the right thing and play the QB or player at any position that give them the best chance at winning. So they are probably operating under that assumption until they actually get to see these guys going through the motions for themselves, in which case they signed Campbell just in case things are how the think they are instead of what I think they are.

Is this conspiracy story a complete reach? Utterly absurd? Maybe. But maybe it's just crazy enough to be true and what a rouse it would be if that IN FACT was the truth behind the benching of McCoy and could lead to a redemption story of epic proportions for the "Little Quarterback from Jim Ned". Colt is not a bad QB, what he lacks in the physical department is easily overcome by heart and determination and that is a fact that I will stand behind and something I truly believe in. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

Personally I see a great offense with Colt McCoy leading the team to victory after victory on the back of Trent Richardson and Company. With Little learning to catch the easy ones and starting to pick up the yac and Gordon becoming dominant, Colt has real and tangible options to take the pressure off. If receiver catch the ball and Richardson runs healthy, a mobile and accurate McCoy could piece up defenses unlike any QB we've had since the return. In that thought process I stay committed to Colt as the starter and until he proves to me that HE is the problem, he has my support.

Personally I see a great offense with Colt McCoy leading the team to victory after victory

OK, I am going to try this one more time, nice, without any cursing or demeaning posts before I go all Quinnfag on you. Here it is:

Joe Banner, who runs the Browns, just said he's not in our plans. Weeden is the starter, Campbell is the fallback.

Joe Banner. Who runs the Browns.

So ... Colt McCoy is not in our plans any longer.

So ... you can quit saying stuff like that now.

So ... if you really are a 31 yo male, like your profile suggests, then you understand what I just said, and there is no more reason to have this discussion, right?

Cool.

Good talk.

Zombo

just read this from the plain dealer:...They gave up that pick last summer to acquire wide receiver Josh Gordon in the supplemental draft. Gordon showed promise during his rookie season, giving the Browns' offense a deep-threat dimension that had been lacking, but it will take more time to learn just how good he can be.

So therefore, getting a deep-threat dimension that they had been lacking! Yet everybody expected Colt to light up the deepball with talent that obviously wasn't even there. Case closed. :P

They would probably be under the impression that ANY coaching staff and FO would do the right thing and play the QB or player at any position that give them the best chance at winning. So they are probably operating under that assumption until they actually get to see these guys going through the motions for themselves

Bro, think about it. They have EVERY SINGLE SNAP Colt has taken since he became a Brown, games and practices on tape and have most likely watched them multiple times and dissected every bodily motion he's made. Do you really HONESTLY believe they think they need to watch all the same things live in order for them to know what they have in Colt? NOPE, they know him inside and out already and all signs point to Colt not being the answer at QB.

I think the thing that really kills it is the fact that even though he's clearly surplus to requirements in cleveland, nobody (that we know of, admittedly) is even sniffing around trying to trade him. Maybe they think they can pick him up if/when he gets cut, but if anybody thought he was better than the free agents out there, we'd be in possession of at least a 7th round pick by now. Two Browns FO, and 30+ others, have clearly decided he's not the answer.

I think the thing that really kills it is the fact that even though he's clearly surplus to requirements in cleveland, nobody (that we know of, admittedly) is even sniffing around trying to trade him. Maybe they think they can pick him up if/when he gets cut, but if anybody thought he was better than the free agents out there, we'd be in possession of at least a 7th round pick by now. Two Browns FO, and 30+ others, have clearly decided he's not the answer.

Cleveland is not dumb enough to trade Colt McCoy for anything less than a early second late first round pick. You're smoking crack if you think they would let the QB with the most potential on their team go for a 6-7th rounder...smoking crack.

What Banner said is simple. You can twist it all you want but it doesn't make it any more true. He said, Weeden would start training camp with the ones. The reason is simple, he was a first round draft pick and was the Starter last year. He's still getting first round treatment until he proves otherwise, which in my assesment shouldn't take long. They stated that Campbell would compete with Weeden for the start and that Colt would compete with Campbell. It's really not that hard to understand that Colt getting the start is as simple as Colt beating out Campbell and Campbell beating out Weeden... and it's actually a very real possibility. I know it's hard for Colt haters to swallow but it's really just a basic game of paper, rock, scissors.

I'm done. PG is now in Lumbergh's company.

And you're now in Holmgren's company. You're set to eat crow, how'd you like it?

Archived