THE BROWNS BOARD

Colt Mccoy

bigbaddawgjr

Yeah, yeah, that's is not the point. What do you say about the evidence? BTW- Happy Easter!

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok slap dick...you have your "opinion" which isn't worth shit.

I've told you numerous times that it's being widely reported by people with more access and knowledge of the NFL and its inner workings than any of us on here combined.

Here's just one example...

Colt McCoy won't be cut by Cleveland Browns, for now

By Gregg Rosenthal

Around The League Editor

Published: March 27, 2013 at 02:36 p.m.

Updated: March 27, 2013 at 09:03 p.m.

The arrival of Brandon Weeden last April was supposed to mean the end for Colt McCoy on the Cleveland Browns. McCoy stuck around.

The arrival of new coach Rob Chudzinski in January surely was going to be it for McCoy. He remained on the roster.

After the signing of veteran quarterback Jason Campbell on Tuesday, McCoy's time with the Browns might be up. A Browns source told NFL.com's Albert Breer and Ian Rapoport on Wednesday that the team has no immediate plans to release McCoy for now, but a trade is possible. The key words there: "For now."

The Browns source responded to a report from The Plain Dealer that said McCoy is expected to be released or traded for a late-round pick shortly. It sounds like the Browns will exhaust all opportunities to get something in return for McCoy before letting him go.

It would be surprising if the Browns found a suitor for McCoy. Capable-enough potential backups like Kevin Kolb are available on the open market. There's little reason to give up a pick for a player who could be a No. 3 quarterback.

Perhaps McCoy will remain on the Browns' roster through the draft, but we'd be very surprised if he was on the team come minicamp season. He's the latest Browns "quarterback of the future" to fail to stick since the franchise re-boot in 1999, following Tim Couch, Kelly Holcomb, Charlie Frye, Derek Anderson and Brady Quinn.

And slap dick...since you love college stats and highlights so much... How about this gem of a scouting report coming out of college of your boyfriend Colt...

Strengths:

Very athletic

Mobile

Experienced

Short and deep range accuracy

Quick release

Gets rid of football quickly

Makes quick decisions

Good pocket awareness

Crafty with football in hands

Leader with good character

Weaknesses:

Average frame

Offensive system exaggerate strengths, masks weaknesses

Mobility doesn't translate to NFL with zone reads and scripted runs

Weak arm

Aims ball and it doesn't look natural; passive thrower

Absolutely no stick throws (18-yard deep out, curl, dig, etc.)

Footwork needs a ton of work

Doesn't take many hits

Never operated under center

Stares down receivers

Floats deep ball

Limited upside

Summary: Colt McCoy is the next overhyped collegiate quarterback who really doesn't have much of a chance in the NFL. He is a late-round talent, and don't let ESPN fool you. His talent is pretty mediocre when you consider the things he will have to do in the NFL in terms of the transition to a more West Coast or pro-style spread scheme. He won't stretch a defense in the NFL and the system makes him look far better than he is at Texas.

McCoy is a great college quarterback, but simply isn't an NFL mold. He's a projected fifth-to-seventh-round prospect. McCoy might develop into a solid backup quarterback at the next level, but he is simply not the prospect ESPN wants you to think he is.

That sounds exactly what everyone around here has been trying to get through your demented thick skull...

I'm sure this guy though has a bias against Colt as well right???

...And here's Weedens.

Positives:

Good size and ball-handling — very careful with the ball.

Outstanding arm strength — can drill back-shoulder throws and rip it with high rpm.

Has an over-the-top release and quick, compact snap throwing motion.

Knows how to change speeds and gauge his arm from short range.

Mature and grounded.

Strong work habits.

Respected team leader.

Negatives:

Operated heavily out of the shotgun in a spread offense featuring simple, half-field reads that inflated his statistics. Tended to bird-dog and force the ball to Justin Blackmon.

Inconsistent deep-ball placement — throws to spots.

Struggles to handle and escape pressure and has limited mobility to escape.

Can be rattled by the rush.

Does not like to be hit.

Wilts against the blitz.

Relies too much on his arm — footwork is not clean.

Overaged.

Arm durability needs to be evaluated.

Average Senior Bowl showing exposed difficulty adjusting to working under center and cycling through reads — will require time to adjust.

Limited upside.

Summary:

After an extended minor-league baseball career, Weeden embarks upon an NFL career with considerable tread worn off his tires, and the simplified offense in which he played could push his development into his 30s. Displayed the careful ballhandling and short-to-intermediate accuracy desired in a precision passing game, but passing instincts are still raw for a more sophisticated, layered, pro-style, rhythm passing game. Has the arm talent to function in a vertical offense with a strong protection scheme and supporting cast but is most ideally suited for a backup role.

What are you getting at? These both say that they are backup players. I guess we just start Jason Campbell then right? No thanks. You can insult and slap your dick until you're blue in the face, do you think I care? I'm not intimidated and won't be told who I should root for. In my opinion you need to chill out and find yourself another thread to enjoy since it's obvious you have some sick fetish with disrespecting Colt McCoy. This is going to be a fair QB competition and Colt is going to bring the heat. There are tens of thousands of Browns Fans that think Colt should start over Weeden, so don't act like I'm the only one. I'm just being the voice of reason here, and as bad as it pisses you off- you're going to have to grow up and get over it. Shake the hand of your opponent and lets move on. Colt's a winner and he's going to prove it this year.

Summary: Colt McCoy is the next overhyped collegiate quarterback who really doesn't have much of a chance in the NFL. He is a late-round talent, and don't let ESPN fool you. His talent is pretty mediocre when you consider the things he will have to do in the NFL in terms of the transition to a more West Coast or pro-style spread scheme. He won't stretch a defense in the NFL and the system makes him look far better than he is at Texas.

McCoy is a great college quarterback, but simply isn't an NFL mold. He's a projected fifth-to-seventh-round prospect. McCoy might develop into a solid backup quarterback at the next level, but he is simply not the prospect ESPN wants you to think he is.

I wanted to just highlight this part to make sure that slap dick has a chance to read it.

Ugh. Bring back ghoolie. It's got to be better than this stupid slap-Dick tunapussy bullshit. You two mongoloids have got to get more creative.

Are 'Slap Dick' and 'Tunapussy' not pet names for each other then? I thought it was sweet.

Make me, bitch.

Love the hostility, but I wasn't talking to you.

I was talking to the two girls name-calling.

Mark O, just leave PG to his delusions. He's proven that reason and logic have no place in his fantasy land. When Colt is inevitably traded or (more likely) released, he will either move on to another unfounded infatuation or go masturbate furiously in front of the trophy case at Jim Ned High School until ultimately collapsing in a cum-covered pile of shame and idiocracy.

This thread needs to die.

Yes, I understand that, by posting this, I am also contributing to it.

Why are there 14 pages about Colt McCoy?

maybe because he's on the roster of the cleveland browns and soon may not be. it's a controversial topic with people picking sides.

sorta like a cribbs thread or a hillis thread or a bray bray thread.

butterfinger wolverine.

When Colt is inevitably traded or (more likely) released, he will either move on to another unfounded infatuation or go masturbate furiously in front of the trophy case at Jim Ned High School until ultimately collapsing in a cum-covered pile of shame and idiocracy.

That made me laugh out loud...very disturbing and wrong...but fucking funny at the same time.

...And here's Weedens.

That was all bullshit..

Here's Weedens from the same website..

Brandon Weeden Scouting Report

By Charlie Campbell

Strengths:

Good arm strength

Quick release

Accurate thrower

Smart; protects the football

Intelligent; mature

Proven leader; passion for the game

Winner at collegiate level

Experienced 2-year starter

Clutch performer who can lead comebacks

Good teammate without an ego

High-character individual

Ready to compete quickly

Weaknesses:

Age; will be a 29-year old rookie

Needs to continue to develop field vision

Lacks mobility

Exploited terrible defenses on a weekly basis

Primarily in shotgun; rarely took snaps from under center

Will need to continue to develop his footwork

Summary: If Weeden were six or seven years younger, he could easily be a top-10 pick. The reality is that he will be a 29-year old rookie. By the time his rookie contract is over, his physical skill set will likely be declining. Therefore, Weeden has a big red flag attached to him.

After three seasons as a backup, Weeden became the starter as a junior in 2010. He hit the ground running as he completed 67 percent of his passes for 4,277 yards with 34 touchdowns against 13 interceptions. Weeden did a fabulous job of getting the ball to his playmakers, and Weeden set up Justin Blackmon to have a 100-yard receiving game in every outing the receiver played in 2010. Weeden then completed 72 percent of his passes for 4,727 yards for 37 touchdowns and 13 interceptions in 2011. He and Blackmon became one of the most prolific quarterback-receiver duos in college football history. Weeden led some nice comeback wins over Texas A&M and Stanford. He was 3-0 last year going against Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III and Ryan Tannehill, the three quarterbacks who are expected to be selected ahead of him.

Weeden played well at the Senior Bowl and had a solid showing at the Combine. He showed that he was a little more athletic than previously thought in Indianapolis. Since then, Weeden has tried to convince teams that his age won't be an issue.

There is no doubt that Weeden has the arm strength and pure passing ability to be a starting quarterback in the NFL. He needs to develop his field vision to work through his reads quicker and get a look at other options. There were times when he would stare down his primary receiver, mostly Blackmon. However, field vision and footwork are two things that every quarterback needs to improve entering the NFL. Weeden is a good decision-maker and is accurate. He can stand in the pocket and pick a defense apart if he isn't pressured. Weeden has the capacity to play faster and better than most rookie quarterbacks.

Most projections have Weeden going in the top half of the second round with a selection in the top 50. Some believe he could go in Round 1. Weeden is more mature and ready to to assimilate into the NFL faster than typical rookies. However, he played in college football's version of arena football. The defenses he battled on a weekly basis were awful. He's seen nothing like the Steelers, Ravens, Giants, Texans or 49ers. He will have a lot to learn and by the time he has an offense down with an advanced knowledge of NFL defenses, he will be well into his 30s. Because of that, it is hard to project him being a first-round pick.

If Weeden does indeed get selected on Thursday, that team better play him almost immediately to get some kind of return on their investment of a premium draft pick. The same thing could be said for even a second-round pick.

Why are there 14 pages about Colt McCoy?

It's the off season, PG won't let his man-crush on Colt die. :) It's mildly amusing watching him paint himself farther and farther into a corner. I threatened to close the thread, but I've left it open- for comic relief.

I suppose when they cut Colt, his next act will be telling us how Richardson is going to run for 2,000 yards and score 20 touchdowns this season.

Mark O, just leave PG to his delusions. He's proven that reason and logic have no place in his fantasy land. When Colt is inevitably traded or (more likely) released, he will either move on to another unfounded infatuation or go masturbate furiously in front of the trophy case at Jim Ned High School until ultimately collapsing in a cum-covered pile of shame and idiocracy.

^+1 Yes TCPO I suppose every board needs their court jester- but really- no need for name calling. That's the difference why Ghoolie is no more in these parts, and PG still is. The Ghoulster was an intelligent flamebaiter, and was only drawing attention to himself in the process. Exhibit "A" of that would be "Ben Rothlisberger is well liked in Ohio"- sure, if you want to believe the Pope is well liked in Tehran while you're at it. PG is just living in an unrealistic fandom world, and is at least sincere in his opinion, that's MHO- and I may be wrong. I may think he's dead wrong, but I've let it stand. You would think the steady barrage of reasoned logic would have sunk his ship long ago.

I thought posting that clip of Ndamukong Suh turning Colt into a rag doll would shut him up, but no luck there.

Ah, well then, I apologize.

Archived