THE BROWNS BOARD

Colt Mccoy

bigbaddawgjr

Very true...Kelly Holcomb put together some pretty good games for about 3/4 of a season but he couldn't stay healthy.

I think you've lost your damn mind. Kelly HOLCOMB?!!? :lol: Ahahaha!!!! :lol:

Seriously, Colt in 2011 had no team around him and he had 1000 more yards through the air and 200+ on the ground compared to Kelly's best season of his career!!! Wow, man. If I'm slapdick, you're tunapussy. :lol:

Seriously, Colt is the best QB we've got and the best chance for us to do ANYTHING at all next season... might as well get aboard now before you're termed a bandwagoner or worse tunapuss!

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you've lost your damn mind. Kelly HOLCOMB?!!? :lol: Ahahaha!!!! :lol:

Seriously, Colt in 2011 had no team around him and he had 1000 more yards through the air and 200+ on the ground compared to Kelly's best season of his career!!! Wow, man. If I'm slapdick, you're tunapussy. :lol:

Seriously, Colt is the best QB we've got and the best chance for us to do ANYTHING at all next season... might as well get aboard now before you're termed a bandwagoner or worse tunapuss!

Hmmmm..slap dick..were you even born when we played in the playoffs in 2003? Kelly Holcomb 26-43 for 429 yards, 1 INT, 3 TD in Pittsburgh in the playoffs in the snow. When was the last 400 yard game Colt had in his career? You talked about McCoy "piecing up teams" when he threw for 74 yards. That stat line slap dick is truly piecing up a defense. The problem is that the Steelers carved up our prevent defense otherwise who knows how that season would've gone.

Holcomb could never stay healthy which is why he never played a full season. Other than Derek Andersons magical run a few seasons ago, Holcomb came the closest to winning the Browns a playoff game. All Colt lead us to is a lot of losses and field goals.

The question is when Colt gets released or traded are you going to go find another team to root for like Lumbergh?

Hmmmm..slap dick..were you even born when we played in the playoffs in 2003?

i'm really starting to believe that PoG is a 13 year old. i mean the personality cannot be that of an adult.

he reminds me of a child that has a temper tantrum when he doesn't get a toy when his grandma takes him to kmart.

i'm really starting to believe that PoG is a 13 year old. i mean the personality cannot be that of an adult.

he reminds me of a child that has a temper tantrum when he doesn't get a toy when his grandma takes him to kmart.

I was thinking about 16-17, but maybe you're right

I was on here a long time ago saying that Colt would be the guy and still think he has the potential to be the guy somewhere in the NFL. I'm not saying he's gotta be the guy in Cleveland, because I think Brandon Weeden has gotten himself a bit of a leg up and is a solid quarterback. He's intelligent and certainly has a good arm. Whether or not he has the ability to run the offense, time will tell. I really only came on here, though, to talk to one issue. . .this whole thing about having a "gun" or a "big arm". I promise you that, while it is important to have range and zip on your throws, what is EXPONENTIALLY more valuable is accuracy. That's why I still like Colt. He is sound technically, although 'm sure he'll continue to work on his mechanics, as all quarterback do. But he can put the ball in a tight spot and that's so important in the NFL. I think that's more important than having a big arm. That's just me. He can also create plays with his feet and is a solid X's and O's guy. I think he can really lead an offense, better than Weeden, when it comes down to it. But, when it was put up or shutup, he didn't produce. And that's the way it goes. He burned his bridges by having his dad go on air and mouth-off, then his brother did the same shit. That kind of stuff said alot about how Colt felt, even if he didn't say it himself. I appreciate that he was a man of God, but your actions and the actions of the company you keep have to reflect that. His own family was trashing his team. And yeah, the Browns have bungled a lot of shit at the FO level, but that's still your team. So there's that. Then, Colt IS undersized and injury prone, so that's another possible liability. You have to consider those things. I don't think Brandon Weeden is a better QB, but I do think he is a more durable quarterback, with the backing of his FO, and with a bigger arm. Hopefully Colt can get his shot somewhere else because I think he's still a great QB. my two cents.

I was on here a long time ago saying that Colt would be the guy and still think he has the potential to be the guy somewhere in the NFL. I'm not saying he's gotta be the guy in Cleveland, because I think Brandon Weeden has gotten himself a bit of a leg up and is a solid quarterback. He's intelligent and certainly has a good arm. Whether or not he has the ability to run the offense, time will tell. I really only came on here, though, to talk to one issue. . .this whole thing about having a "gun" or a "big arm". I promise you that, while it is important to have range and zip on your throws, what is EXPONENTIALLY more valuable is accuracy. That's why I still like Colt. He is sound technically, although 'm sure he'll continue to work on his mechanics, as all quarterback do. But he can put the ball in a tight spot and that's so important in the NFL. I think that's more important than having a big arm. That's just me. He can also create plays with his feet and is a solid X's and O's guy. I think he can really lead an offense, better than Weeden, when it comes down to it. But, when it was put up or shutup, he didn't produce. And that's the way it goes. He burned his bridges by having his dad go on air and mouth-off, then his brother did the same shit. That kind of stuff said alot about how Colt felt, even if he didn't say it himself. I appreciate that he was a man of God, but your actions and the actions of the company you keep have to reflect that. His own family was trashing his team. And yeah, the Browns have bungled a lot of shit at the FO level, but that's still your team. So there's that. Then, Colt IS undersized and injury prone, so that's another possible liability. You have to consider those things. I don't think Brandon Weeden is a better QB, but I do think he is a more durable quarterback, with the backing of his FO, and with a bigger arm. Hopefully Colt can get his shot somewhere else because I think he's still a great QB. my two cents.

I agree Carlos, don't mind the trolls running rampart around here. They are just scared because all the bullshit they have spewed about Colt McCoy and soon they'll have to root for his ass again! LOL! That's some funny stuff bro. Colt doesn't need to go anywhere else to have a shot, he'll get one come a few months from now. Colt is the man and he's a hell of a Quarterback. It amazes me that all these posters gotta come into a thread about Colt McCoy to bash him and anybody that supports him. I need to load up my shotgun and stock up on the crows because it's going to be served like it's going out of style...

soon they'll have to root for his ass again! LOL! That's some funny stuff bro. Colt doesn't need to go anywhere else to have a shot, he'll get one come a few months from now. Colt is the man and he's a hell of a Quarterback. It amazes me that all these posters gotta come into a thread about Colt McCoy to bash him

You may be right, We have seen this before with D.A and charlie frye Colt needed to grow a little but, He has skills It's just an observation but he has shown a real maturity Most of the good qbs had to wait behind someone and grow Id hate to see Colt go to a Rival team and flourish.

Is it a crime to be a McCoy fan on this page, The crime would be to Chase him from the town. Then have to watch him in the playoffs with someone else.

For now, Brandon has the Job, It's his job to lose. Hopefully he can bring us to the playoffs, But Iv seen a lot of unwillingness to correct problems by Brandon. This is a trait Colt excelled in learning and accepting.

McCoy will be gone, hopefully with a trade or draft pick/player. Hes run his course with CLE but i wish him luck down the road in his career.

The time is ticking. 15 min til 4!

Realistically, because of his contract I don't think that anyone will give up a draft pick for McCoy. I think he will be kept around as insurance until they see if the other backup QBs in camp are real. If so, and all stay healthy, then he will probably be cut. If another team has a roster opening for a QB at that time he may latch on.

He also could beat everyone out and start every game for the Browns. I guess I will end up looking like either Nostradamus or Nostradumbass on this subject. Time will tell.

I've got nothing against McCoy but with the weapons and offense we have in mind BW3 is simply better suited to make the down field throws to TEs down the seam as well as deep balls.. We've already become accustom to Gordon and even Benjamin receiving deep balls on the dime. I don't even remember many overthrows to be honest

You may be right, We have seen this before with D.A and charlie frye Colt needed to grow a little but, He has skills It's just an observation but he has shown a real maturity Most of the good qbs had to wait behind someone and grow Id hate to see Colt go to a Rival team and flourish.

Is it a crime to be a McCoy fan on this page, The crime would be to Chase him from the town. Then have to watch him in the playoffs with someone else.

For now, Brandon has the Job, It's his job to lose. Hopefully he can bring us to the playoffs, But Iv seen a lot of unwillingness to correct problems by Brandon. This is a trait Colt excelled in learning and accepting.

I think the majority opinion would be the same as our departed front office. Why? Would H&H be in the RG III derby, or use a first round pick on a quarterback- if they thought there was ANY chance of Colt developing into a competent starting qb? If you want to say H&H were totally incompetent, and you see something in McCoy they didn't (after they broke down tape of every play Colt ran) be my guest. However- if the reports Colt got shopped around last summer and there were no takers are true- it should tell you everything you want to know about Colt's potential. Glad you mentioned Charlie Frye- because that's probably Colt's ceiling.

Shurmur has a grudge against McCoy, that's all there is to it. The new staff will evaluate fairly and put the best QB on the field.

What if that best QB is Weeden? Will you be OK with their decision if it isn't McCoy?

exactly.

hey i root for colt mccoy. i always go for the underdog. maybe that's why i'm a browns fan.

PoG this is really to you: you have to look at everything with an open mind. hey if colt beats out weeden, great. if weeden beats out mccoy, so be it. whoever gives the browns the BEST chance to win (in the FO's minds) you should get behind the guy.

this is america and you can disagree and shout out loud when you think they (the FO) makes the wrong decision (i killed holmgren from day one) but understand, sure you got the right to do it, but the more you do it the more it sounds like whining and sooner than later people are not going to want to here it anymore.

in other words, shut up already.

If the best Qbs is Weeden ,I think most people would still be happy with that but I really believe all the Colt McCoy fans want is to see a real competition . Pre season Brandon starts Two quarters Colt Starts Two quarters . Colt was a little immature but This is a different Team and Colts grown .

Also the Obvious , The elephant in the room is during the H&H regime we did not get a clear cut franchise QB .This leaves us still talking QB controversy.

If the best Qbs is Weeden ,I think most people would still be happy with that but I really believe all the Colt McCoy fans want is to see a real competition . Pre season Brandon starts Two quarters Colt Starts Two quarters . Colt was a little immature but This is a different Team and Colts grown .

Also the Obvious , The elephant in the room is during the H&H regime we did not get a clear cut franchise QB .This leaves us still talking QB controversy.

yes.

and i put the blame squarely on that fat ass holmgren. he was still trying to catch lightning in a bottle like he did with favre. meanwhile he never drafted favre. he just took a chance on him and he actually paid off unlike every other QB he touched.

Shurmur has a grudge against McCoy, that's all there is to it. The new staff will evaluate fairly and put the best QB on the field.

And you know this to be true how exactly??

Are you seriously implying that Shurmur deliberately played Weeden even though he knew that McCoy was better?

C'mon dude...seriously you can't be this stupid can you?

And you know this to be true how exactly??

Are you seriously implying that Shurmur deliberately played Weeden even though he knew that McCoy was better?

C'mon dude...seriously you can't be this stupid can you?

If Shurmur really had a grudge against McCoy, he would have made him start in that outdated headache he called an offense.

Zombo

yes.

and i put the blame squarely on that fat ass holmgren. he was still trying to catch lightning in a bottle like he did with favre. meanwhile he never drafted favre. he just took a chance on him and he actually paid off unlike every other QB he touched.

In Holmgrens mind, we had a good QB in Delhomme and an adequate backup in Wallace, so why not take a chance on McCoy in the 3rd round and see what happens. It wasn't a terrible plan. The problem was that Delhomme really sucked and Wallace just kinda sucked and neither could stay healthy. Colt tries hard and can run a bit but he's just not good enough to be an NFL starter. He's a nice backup and will have a very long career and win some games here and there but he aint leading any team to the super bowl.

Do I think Colt IS an ELITE QB that could take us to the Superbowl?

That is a two part question but I would begin by asking you the same about Brandon Weeden quite frankly.

Is Colt an Elite QB? As of this time, no, he's not. Does he have the potential to be like a Drew Brees whom many would deem elite? I would say that he has the potential to be on that level, yes.

Could he take us to the Superbowl? There are many great Quarterbacks that never make it to the Superbowl. Getting to the Superbowl requires a team, not just the Quarterback. Would Joe Flacco take the Cleveland Browns to the Superbowl? No, he would not. It requires a team effort, consistency and a lot of luck in all three phases of the game- Offense, Defense and Special Teams.

So, do I think that Colt CAN be an ELITE QB and IF he has solid team around him and a lot of luck could take us to the Superbowl? If I didn't believe that to be the case why would I want him to start?

When judging on whether or not Colt can succeed you can't really look his at his stats in a vacuum. You must remember he's only been a Brown for three seasons:

2010- Ran Mangini's Offense. He came in for injured QB's Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace, little to none starting expirence with the first team offense.

2011- Ran Pat Shurmur's Offense after a lockout. Learning a completely new offense in just his second year. He didn't have an offensive Coordinator and his recievers led the NFL in dropped passes. For most of the season the team was distracted by the off the field antics of Peyton Hillis who really had no effect on the field. The Offensive line is only as strong as it's weakest link in which Tony Pashos played hurt and was a liability.

2012- Was the backup to Weeden. Colt looked to be the more complete QB during the rigged "competition". There were plenty of people who said Colt could win if he was given the weapons to get the job done. Pat's only way around this was to create the impression that they had a "competition" to determine the starter, when in all reality it was simply given to the lesser QB because of his age and draft position. Last season Colt took 0(that's zero) snaps with the first team offense. We've heard from numerous players, on the Browns, that Colt would have won more games last season- That he was the more complete QB.

So why did Shurmur not like Colt? That is the million dollar question. I am partial to the theory that Colt was Pat Shurmur's fall guy from his failed attempt at coaching his first year. What do you expect when you don't have an offensive coordinator and it's your first time as a head coach? He wasn't even that good of an offensive coordinator in the first place and then to take on Head Coach responsibilities as well, that's a recipe for disaster. So, what does Pat Shurmur do? He blames it on his QB instead of stepping up and taking his own blame. And yet he goes out and get's an offensive coordinator. So they take a QB in the first round that isn't panning out and as some of you would say, "if Colt's so good why didn't Pat play him?", well that would make him look even worse in the fact that he burn't our first rounder on a QB when he had one that was better riding the bench- being his fall guy. Nobody else noticed that even when Weeden went down with injury and Colt came in it seemed that Shurmur wouldn't even call a pass play or to an even greater evil, called plays that had no right to be called in the first place, plays that were destined to fail before the snap even occured.

All I want is an honest Head Coach that will play the guys that should play, not somebody who has a some paranoid agenda. I want the best QB out there, whether that's Colt or Brandon I could care less, as long as they've earned it and it's legitimate. My theory is Colt was here and had earned the respect of his teammates and fans and deserved the chance to prove ONE WAY OR ANOTHER that he either had it or didn't. Pat Shurmur wasted our first rounder on an average 30 year old QB, whom a better one at the ripe age of 30 could have been had on the Free Agent Market. Couple that with fact of deliberatly lying about Weeden being better than McCoy and causing all this turmoil and QB controversy... I could go on and on but I'm getting tired of this, it's a simple concept and if you can't put 2 and 2 together no amount of explaining with help you come to terms with the facts that Colt McCoy is a better QB than Brandon Weeden. I for one am looking forward to the QB Competition this summer, may the BEST QB WIN! Whoever it is, I'll support them throughout, provided it's fair and unbiased.

All I want is an honest Head Coach that will play the guys that should play, not somebody who has a some paranoid agenda. I want the best QB out there, whether that's Colt or Brandon I could care less, as long as they've earned it and it's legitimate.

cool. i think we all agree with that.

this is just me, but i thinkyou get too personal with a said player, beit mccoy or richardson. o.k., i've done it. i tell it.

the thing that i think the majority of people here on the forums dislike is the narrow-mindedness of player vs. team vs. good vs. bad vs. conventional thinking.

there's many a player that i lathered up with some 'next-level king' that panned out to be doo doo.

hell next year we'll all be screaming 'JOHNNY FOOTBALL!!!!'......

(not)

Archived