THE BROWNS BOARD

Paula Deen

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We try and keep up with you Woody, but you're so damn clever and worldly that it is really difficult.

I'm not trying to be clever, I think he just missed the point. If I'm coming off like that too you though I'll try to tone it down and go slower.

This whole "I'm just saying the truth! You can't handle it" bit is getting old. Saying something controversial doesn't mean you're right and society just isn't ready...

You are saying you don't think they're "genetically" inferior, its just the "culture". But in your mind its ALL black culture, from Africa to Detroit. What the hell do those cultures have in common besides skin color?

So in your eyes when white people start to fall off in inner cities its because they are accepting black culture, but when Black's succeed its because they are accepting white culture? Really?

You really think its just this word "culture" you keep throwing around? Which is apparently bad for Africans AND African Americans but that's totally not racist. It really has nothing to do with history, upbringing, environment, financial status, etc.? Or, that's all their culture's fault I bet, huh?

You really think that if blacks took whites as slaves and we went through the same shit in America that right now it would really be no different, because whites have a superior culture? All white culture? From Russia to England to Italy to hick town Bama to backwoods incest Appalachia to Montana. Everywhere.

Its crazy to me you cab say blacks have a crappier culture, use both the USA and Africa as an example, and then claim no racism. Because there are sooooo many similarities, clearly both black culture, right? The only thing in common definitely isn't their skin color.

Bunker, calling all Asians good at math is still racist. It doesn't matter if its a "good" stereotype. Maybe some guy wants to play football but the coach says no right away because he's just some book worm good at math Asian.

I'm gonna regret responding .... I can't wait for the little pests Bunker, Cal and crew to hop all over this response.

Well I'm glad you did anyway. Listen, I don't think black people are inferior, they're incredibly gifted at just about everything, and they can do just as well as anyone but for some reason their culture both throughout history and to this day doesn't seem to put much of an emphasis on growth. Does it?

I mean, why would there be so many minority scholarship programs? So many affirmative action programs? So many programs to advance minorities if we as a whole thought they were doing well enough on their own? Can you answer that?

And you guys are forgetting an important distinction: I've not been commenting on what we ought to be doing for them, just what we ARE doing. Should we be trying to assimilate them into our culture? I don't know buy we ARE.

You know a lot of people feel this way but they won't comment on it for fear someone like heck will come around and call them a racist. I just don't care if he does because, well, you don't know me. I'm not Paula Deen, I can't be hounded off tv. You guys are ultimately just posters on a relatively underground section of a smallish web page about a rather unfashionable sports team. I could care if you want to try and brand me a racist. Really.

Bottom line: I've never once said whites are superior, but I'm not going to play the game where I have to say how great black people are doing because I'm afraid someone might not like it.

Looking at words isn't the same as comprehension, dicktits. Neither is opening a Wikipedia article on "early African civilizations" and copy and pasting the first paragraph about Egypt.

The first Pharoah of Egypt, Menes, was a black man. Khufu, another black man and Pharoah od Egypt, build the Great Pyramid. Khafre, from the lime of Khufu, built the Sphinx. And those are off the top of my head from my high school World History class.

I'm sure if you did any sort of research, you'd find out that most of your opinions are dumb as fuck and just plain wrong.

But you keep on thinking blacks need to be assimilated into white culture.

Wrong...I never said we should or need to assimilate them into our culture, but that is what we are doing. Try having the slightest bit of reading comprehension.

By the way Menes is not known to be black., and seems to be semi mythological, but let's not worry about that. Ancient Egypt indeed, has a number of cool enduring structures. There's lot of debate to be had about whether nubians or whatever other ethnicity Egyptians are were responsible for it, so, What else?

Bunker, calling all Asians good at math is still racist. It doesn't matter if its a "good" stereotype. Maybe some guy wants to play football but the coach says no right away because he's just some book worm good at math Asian.

I'm gonna regret responding .... I can't wait for the little pests Bunker, Cal and crew to hop all over this response.

Yes, you should regret responding because you're running run out of spin.

Where is the disconnect here?. Agreed, by it's definition, implying that Asians are better at math is a racist statement...but why is making such a statement, and leaving it at that a bad thing?

You son, are the racist...because you're the one who implied ....

"Maybe some guy wants to play football but the coach says no right away because he's just some book worm good at math Asian."

That thought never crossed my mind, but it did yours. You are a racist.

Did that help?

Yes, you should regret responding because you're running run out of spin.

Where is the disconnect here?. Agreed, by it's definition, implying that Asians are better at math is a racist statement...but why is making such a statement, and leaving it at that a bad thing?

You son, are the racist...because you're the one who implied ....

"Maybe some guy wants to play football but the coach says no right away because he's just some book worm good at math Asian."

That thought never crossed my mind, but it did yours. You are a racist.

Did that help?

So because I came up with an example for you for a stereotypical positive character trait could be harmful I'M the racist? Lol , what? You wanted an example and I gave you one.

Wrong...I never said we should or need to assimilate them into our culture, but that is what we are doing. Try having the slightest bit of reading comprehension.

By the way Menes is not known to be black., and seems to be semi mythological, but let's not worry about that. Ancient Egypt indeed, has a number of cool enduring structures. There's lot of debate to be had about whether nubians or whatever other ethnicity Egyptians are were responsible for it, so, What else?

Ancient Egypt, or Kemet, was inhabited by a majority of black people for generations. The name Menes was attributed to the first great ruler of Egypt who unified Southern Egypt (read:black people) with the newcomers from overseas that had settled along the coast. It's now commonly believed that Menes was, in fact, Narmer. Either way, not mythological.

Ancient Egypt, or Kemet, was inhabited by a majority of black people for generations. The name Menes was attributed to the first great ruler of Egypt who unified Southern Egypt (read:black people) with the newcomers from overseas that had settled along the coast. It's now commonly believed that Menes was, in fact, Narmer. Either way, not mythological.

Yeah, I know. I read about that. What's your point?

Yeah sure you did, you and heck both think slavery was invented by the white man.

The North African Slave trade by Muslim enslavers preceded the White Atlantic Slave trade by about 700yrs.

Were you ever taught that in college Woody?

Were you ever taught not only did blacks own slaves in Africa, but that blacks owned slaves in America as well?

Doubt it.

Btw...you never did answer my question...if it is not racist for a black man to point out the shortfalls of the black community, why is it racist for a white man to do so? Like Crisco does.

My sister in law is black Woody, an African immigrant from Ghana, married to my 2nd youngest brother.

Her and I have discussed the failings of the American black. Am I just the racist? , or are we both racists?

I come from a large culturally diverse family Woody, and am myself married to an Asian (Korean). Along with the brother married to the black, I have another brother married to a Jew, another to a Scotch Irish, another to a Slav (Croatian), a sister to an Italian, another sister to a Hillbilly, another brother to German....and we all get along just nicely .

So don't come here preaching to me your about your ideas of racism. You really are clueless. Maybe some day you'll grow up.

I never had to take any history courses in college.

I never said slavery was invented by the white man.

Why do you care what I think is racist? You guys are just gonna say some shit that is racist, and get mad when done calls you on it. Then come back with things that aren't racist and go all "does this make me a racist!? Does it!?"

Same deal as "I'm saying something controversial that society can't handle. I'm such a rebel and correct in every way". That gets old too.

Fits in with the "oppressed whites" or "oppressed Christians" rhetoric we get here.

And again with the "grow up" bit. Really? Again? What a weak bail out. If you guys wanna bitch at Heck for not responding and acting like you kicked his ass because of it I guess I'll just have to assume the sane thing when I hear this

I never had to take any history courses in college.

I never said slavery was invented by the white man.

Why do you care what I think is racist? You guys are just gonna say some shit that is racist, and get mad when done calls you on it. Then come back with things that aren't racist and go all "does this make me a racist!? Does it!?"

Same deal as "I'm saying something controversial that society can't handle. I'm such a rebel and correct in every way". That gets old too.

Fits in with the "oppressed whites" or "oppressed Christians" rhetoric we get here.

And again with the "grow up" bit. Really? Again? What a weak bail out. If you guys wanna bitch at Heck for not responding and acting like you kicked his ass because of it I guess I'll just have to assume the sane thing when I hear this

Id really like to know exactly where I said blacks are in some way inferior. I've said that they perpetrate an inordinate amount of crime by population. Check.

I've said their culture doesnt value working hard or personal achievement. Check.

I've said historically they have not achieved much. Check. None of that is racist. Racist would be if I told you they couldn't do those things.

The closest anyone including your buddy currently hiding out has come to disproving that is the achievements of Egypt in antiquity. Those may or may not have partially been achieved by Nubians. Certainly not all of them.

By the way all the monuments in Egypt were built by slave labor.

A huge problem in this country is that butthurt guilty-feeling whites can't criticize black people at all for fear of being racist. I think that's a lot of horse-shit. Criticism isn't racism.

The problem is, they don't like criticism, so they fall back on racial victimization as a counter attack.

Sad, but true.

Id really like to know exactly where I said blacks are in some way inferior. I've said that they perpetrate an inordinate amount of crime by population. Check.

I've said their culture doesnt value working hard or personal achievement. Check.

I've said historically they have not achieved much. Check. None of that is racist. Racist would be if I told you they couldn't do those things.

The closest anyone including your buddy currently hiding out has come to disproving that is the achievements of Egypt in antiquity. Those may or may not have partially been achieved by Nubians. Certainly not all of them.

A huge problem in this country is that butthurt guilty-feeling whites can't criticize black people at all for fear of being racist. I think that's a lot of horse-shit. Criticism isn't racism.

I'm currently at work. I don't have the luxury of posting on Internet forums all day.

I also brought up genres of music and early African-American slavery era art but you casually skipped over that.

The fact is, they are just as capable as any other race or culture to florish. The African countries just tend to succumb to imperialism.

I'm trying to stay away, but this just made me laugh too hard. Or cry.

First of all, I asked you if you thought black culture was inferior to white culture, and you said that was accurate. In fact, you said, "I don't think that. It is accurate to say."

You also said that blacks need to assimilate to white culture, and that we've been trying for hundreds of years with varied success.

Next, you've spent the last couple days listing all the ways in which you think blacks are inferior to whites. Right above you make the case that "Their culture doesn't value working hard or personal achievement." Cysko, that would be you saying they're inferior to whites in terms of their work ethic. This is what that says. That is its meaning.

Yes, Cysko, other than 6-10 pages of you calling blacks lazy, shiftless, and their culture inferior to whites, "Their culture is poor", how you don't care for them, how you think they're responsible for too much crime, how you "have no sympathy for them", that "they behave poorly both in and out of their own communities - Dispute this statement if you can", think Africans have little accomplishment to speak of, dare anyone to prove to you that black societies have accomplished anything, conflate all black people around the world as one monolithic "black culture", all while dismissing any other factor that might explain income disparities or crime statistics as "spin" and "white liberal guilt" and insisting that black culture is really to blame ...where would someone ever get the idea that you think black people are inferior?

But hey, you did give them credit for being musical.

Additionally, no one is saying that blacks are above criticism, which is your continued assertion and it's baseless and stupid. What people are suggesting, which you clearly don't get, is that the entire black community shouldn't be subject to your racist over-generalizations about their work ethic, their "culture", and their contributions to society using your piss-poor reasoning skills, which we know are largely based from your experiences dealing with blacks in public housing projects. "Again, you spend one day at any CMHA and see for yourself."

You think what's emitting from you are hard truths that the rest of us can't handle, when what's coming out of you is quite literally some of the nastiest, most thoughtless, and - yes! - racist stuff I've ever seen on this board. Again, there isn't any public organization that wouldn't have your ass immediately for writing the stuff you've written, which would fit very neatly over on Stormfront. You'd be fired and apologized for. If you held a public position, you'd lose it. You think that's proof that society is too PC, when I'm quite sure everyone would just laugh at you for thinking that "being too PC" is cover for your ignorant bullshit. The defense you've offered for your racist beliefs is that the inferiority of the black culture has earned those beliefs; that your racism isn't racism because everything you say is undeniably true. That is your contention.

You meet the dictionary definition of racism to a T. The only thing you've left out is that you don't think that blacks are genetically inferior. Other than that you pretty much have all the other bases covered.

Honestly, do you want me to send these pages out to your employer? The people you work for? How about I get your name, explain what you do and the people you serve, and send these pages to The Plain Dealer? I bet they'd think it'd make a nice little story about how the walls come down when people think they're anonymous.

Sound good? You know, since you're so proud of what you've written. Because "Id really like to know exactly where I said blacks are in some way inferior" might be the funniest, least self-aware thing ever uttered on this board.

And if you think I'm hiding from you, you should stop patting yourself on the back. I take the summer off every year, and long before you were even a member of the board. Plus, I'm trying to ignore you. This all surprises me very much coming from you. I didn't think you were this person.

It's ugly, ugly stuff.

I'm currently at work. I don't have the luxury of posting on Internet forums all day.

I also brought up genres of music and early African-American slavery era art but you casually skipped over that.

The fact is, they are just as capable as any other race or culture to florish. The African countries just tend to succumb to imperialism.

succumb to imperialism because they are weak? Why? How about Asia and Europe? China and Japan are ancient and have vast empires and cultures. Where is Africa's culture? Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Don't give me the Egypt bullshit either. Africa's culture doesn't exist.

Steve, do you think what Cysko has been typing recently is at all racist? Prejudicial? Or do you agree with him?

I know you're an entertainer so, you know, never argue with a fan. That's your rule. But what's your take on "black culture is inferior" and "blacks don't value hard work" and ...well, all the rest? Agree?

The fact is: none of you will put your true name, address, whatever and then say the shit you're saying.

The reason being: you're all pussies.

You don't want anyone you know personally to know how you feel about the black culture.

You've done nothing to contradict what I'm dating rather than "buh, uh, Nubians weren't the first Egyptian rulers. Dur prove it, black slaves don't have intelligent brains that are capable of making art."

In other words, put up or shut up pussies

You provide empirical evidence that the black culture in inferior.

Steve, do you think what Cysko has been typing recently is at all racist? Prejudicial? Or do you agree with him?

I know you're an entertainer so, you know, never argue with a fan. That's your rule. But what's your take on "black culture is inferior" and "blacks don't value hard work" and ...well, all the rest? Agree?

I think you need to be a little more specific since I know you well enough to realize that you will go over every word he's ever said and ask me to verify or denounce.

But first, I don't think he's particularly a fan the guy snaps at me often enough. And I haven't read every post completely, just skimmed them.

Second I do not believe that the genetics of race make any particular group better or worse than another in any significant fashion. There certainly may be some minor differences but I think those are more shaped by environment and can be overcome.

Third I don't think there is a universal black culture. The culture of blacks in America is different than the culture of blacks in Jamaica or Africa.

So what in particular piques your curiosity?

(hopefully I spelled that right)

WSS

succumb to imperialism because they are weak? Why? How about Asia and Europe? China and Japan are ancient and have vast empires and cultures. Where is Africa's culture? Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Don't give me the Egypt bullshit either. Africa's culture doesn't exist.

Japan had a vast ancient empire?

Archived