THE BROWNS BOARD

Paula Deen

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't hate black people like you're again trying to imply (because its easy). I just am not blinded to the fact that they have not done well throughout history and their greatest works have been probably here in America where we've introduced them into our society. Here is where they created most of their classic music genres (one area where black people really, really excell) here is where they've accomplished probably their most impressive feats. Certainly not in tribal Africa.

This is kind of getting painful to read Cysko

Until you contribute I really don't give a shit what you think woody. It's painful to read heck's pc nonsense.

How about you, woody, would you say African society is good? Can you point to their historic societal achievements? You like to always bandy about Asians and Asians have great societies dating back thousands of years. Can you say the same for Africans?

I don't hate black people like you're again trying to imply (because its easy). I just am not blinded to the fact that they have not done well throughout history and their greatest works have been probably here in America where we've introduced them into our society. Here is where they created most of their classic music genres (one area where black people really, really excell) here is where they've accomplished probably their most impressive feats. Certainly not in tribal Africa.

original.jpg

They're a very musical people, aren't they?

Cysko, I posted like 2 or 3 times about Asian culture, mostly because there were posts on here acting like "white culture" was clearly the most superior. That's not true.

Look at it like this, what's the difference between inner city minorities and most whites? What's the difference between Africans and Europeans throughout history?

If you honestly think the only difference in these societies, these peoples lives, was "culture" then i can't help you.

probably because culture isn't inheren to your genetic makeup, at least I wouldn't think so. If you saw my post about the reasons stereotypes get started you'll notice that the Irish actually do drink more than citizens of any other country. That doesn't mean that I believe that people from that region are genetically prone to enjoy alcohol. Its cultural and probably based on a lot of different factors over a very long time.

WSS

I think it's more appropriate to speak of the subject in subcultural terms. The dependency, disdain for

education, the victimization and entitlement....

then there's George Washington Carver. The subculture didn't make him. And he didn't let it make him fail.

He was a brilliant, extremely hard working American. But, he could have been a lazy bum on the public dole...

he simply chose not to. That's a man who earned his success.

Ok heck ill take that to be your standard "I've got nothing" arguement. Ive seen you use the same line on Steve plenty of times after all

Great. Then you can imagine you've won something just like he does, too.

I have little interest in finding out how much more you meet the dictionary definition of a racist. I've read enough already.

You have your opinions. You can keep them. If you want to read more about human development over the past few thousand years there are lots of wonderful books on the subject. Guns, Germs, and Steel comes to mind. Might be a good place to start.

Have a nice summer.

You clearly think you've won something by ducking my questions and calling me a racist. That's such an easy thing to do, too bad for you that's all you can come up with. It's sort of pathetic.

By the way I own the Pulitzer prize winning guns germs and steel. Doesn't mean I agree with your politically correct neutered statements. Run away off to your little hidey hole that you go to when you can't win, and lick your wounds you baby.

Yup, he's got his back up and insisting his poorly-reasoned opinions make him more of a man again. Didn't see that one coming!

Dude, I don't need to call you a racist. You just described yourself as someone who holds racist beliefs. As in, to the T. Dictionary definition. If anything, my calling your opinions "racist" is redundant.

Really, have a good summer.

Here's the mighty award winning writer heck: "I will dodge all statistics about crime rates in the black community, refuse to answer any questions or give one single example of African societal achievements throughout history but I'll damn sure call you a racist when I lose the arguement"

I hope your comedy writing is better than this pal, because everything you've tried to do in this thread has failed utterly.

Cysko hey long time ago we agreed upon a definition for racism. Unfortunately heck can't adhere to it for very long, its too much fun to call everybody that. We decided that racism meant believing that one race was inferior do to genetic makeup, nature actually. They are just inferior.

I think, and I can't imagine why anyone would not think, that it is cultural. Oftenthe guy can't even admit that there are negative cultural stereotypes and behaviors with in that community. Of course noticing those and pointing them out is, you guessed it, racist.

WSS

Cysko hey long time ago we agreed upon a definition for racism. Unfortunately heck can't adhere to it for very long, its too much fun to call everybody that. We decided that racism meant believing that one race was inferior do to genetic makeup, nature actually. They are just inferior.

I think, and I can't imagine why anyone would not think, that it is cultural. Oftenthe guy can't even admit that there are negative cultural stereotypes and behaviors with in that community. Of course noticing those and pointing them out is, you guessed it, racist.

WSS

Yeah, "genetically inferior" is not the only definition of racism. And here you are making the case that - obviously - it's their culture that's inferior. But that's not racist. That's just obvious.

Holy shit. You guys are incredible.

racism |ˈrāˌsizəm|nounthe belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on such a belief.

Nope! None of that on this board! Just a bunch of guys agreeing that blacks are culturally inferior, but they sure are musical people.

Their culture sucks. Sorry you don't see that. You don't live in the real world. I don't think that person by person they're inferior. They have, as I said, all the gifts in the world. If you want to read that as I think they're inferior you are the one with the problem.

If black culture is so awesome how come you don't live in South Central or Compton or Long Beach?

Archived