THE BROWNS BOARD

Paula Deen

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, this wasn't predictable at all.

Um, yeah. I'm aware of the statistics, Cysko. But you weren't making the point that blacks commit/are arrested for a disproportionate amount of crime. That's a defendable statement. You were giving us your thoughts on the shortcomings of the "black community" based on your personal experience in Cleveland housing projects (nice sample size) and saying the "black community" "behaves poorly" in and out of their communities, and how you have little regard or "sympathy" for them, and how a psychopath in the home invasion footage is "not atypical" of people in the black community. And you blame black "culture."

Next you can install some alarm system in Honey Boo Boo's neighborhood so you can tell us all about the "white community."

Or you can show us some numbers that compare blacks living in poverty with whites living in poverty and Hispanics living in poverty and see what you find about their "poor behavior."

But one thing is clear: you've sure got 39 million Americans summed up well, my friend.

Home invasion video guy = black community = Cysko's not happy with black people right now.

Oh, this wasn't predictable at all.

Um, yeah. I'm aware of the statistics, Cysko. But you weren't making the point that blacks commit/are arrested for a disproportionate amount of crime. That's a defendable statement. You were giving us your thoughts on the shortcomings of the "black community" based on your personal experience in Cleveland housing projects (nice sample size) and saying the "black community" "behaves poorly" in and out of their communities, and how you have little regard or "sympathy" for them, and how a psychopath in the home invasion footage is "not atypical" of people in the black community. And you blame black "culture."

Next you can install some alarm system in Honey Boo Boo's neighborhood so you can tell us all about the "white community."

Or you can show us some numbers that compare blacks living in poverty with whites living in poverty and Hispanics living in poverty and see what you find about their "poor behavior."

But one thing is clear: you've sure got 39 million Americans summed up well, my friend.

Home invasion video guy = black community = Cysko's not happy with black people right now.

Yeah well don't bother with those FBI statistics if the child abuse rates or the unwed mothers or anything. Instead tell me why we're all racist because they do those things.

It's all as predictable as the sunrise. You even got "voting bloc" in there again. You've uncovered all of my secret motivations, Westside Steve. Damn you! Damn you to hell!

And here's how it goes. Every. Time.

You guys make some very odd/racist over-generalization, and then eventually fall back on crime statistics to suggest that it's not racism, but a piece of analytical thinking. And then you pretend that you're the only ones who can accept the reality of statistics.

It's not you're fault you've said racist things. It's black people's fault - they keep fucking up all the time! Because of their inferior culture!

You guys have really got to stop imagining that you're the only ones who are aware/can accept crime statistics. You really do. Nobody has ever denied that those statistics exist. You can get racial disparities out of just about any measure we use - SAT scores, income, abortions, single mothers, etc. This is all well known and common knowledge. And listening to you guys parade around like you're the only ones who can accept them is a big fucking joke.

Now, if you guys want to stop thinking about those statistics at "black culture" let me know. If that's your explanation for the crime disparities, or the SAT disparities, let me know. Cysko's already weighed in. He can weigh in some more if he likes.

I'll start with this:

Steve, where do you think you'd be had you been born to a poor black family that lived in Cleveland in the 1950s? I'm talking as if you could take you, same IQ, same personality, but you were raised in a poor black neighborhood surrounded by other poor black people.

Cysko, same question for you. I'm guessing you were born in the 1970s. So make yourself poor and black and from the same projects you visit as you work.

Take a guess. Do you think you'd make as much money as you do now? Same income security? Would you have gotten the same education? Same criminal record?

If you make X dollars now, do you think you'd still make X dollars a year?

So, heckbunker, you actually are admitting that you KNOW all the relevant statistics, but simply

choose to ignore them? Say, how about that lie that the IRS also went after progressive groups?

haha

You either ignored them, or you are wrong about your assertion to Cysko and Steve.

Pick one or the other. Let us all know what you decide to go with.

A.

or

B.

or....

1 ..

or

2, respectively.

I will give your question some thought. I'm off to the islands pretty soon so it might be Monday but I will think about it. By the way are you suggesting that the inner cities are hotbeds of crime drugs welfare and illiteracy? Because as I recall you screamed for months if not years when I said that.

WSS

I'll start with this:

Steve, where do you think you'd be had you been born to a poor black family that lived in Cleveland in the 1950s? I'm talking as if you could take you, same IQ, same personality, but you were raised in a poor black neighborhood surrounded by other poor black people.

Cysko, same question for you. I'm guessing you were born in the 1970s. So make yourself poor and black and from the same projects you visit as you work.

Take a guess. Do you think you'd make as much money as you do now? Same income security? Would you have gotten the same education? Same criminal record?

If you make X dollars now, do you think you'd still make X dollars a year?

Would I be twice as likely to beat my children? Statistics say if I were in the scant 28% of married black parents then yes, I would.

Also, can you guys name me one area of the country where there is the same kind of concentrated poverty that exists in a Cleveland or Chicago or Harlem housing project, but for white people?

High density concentration of white poverty. Can you name me one?

Uh, yeah the multiple trailer parks littering the entire outlying area west of Cleveland. Let's ignore that though

But really. Take a guess. And I understand that it's just a guess. Imagine yourself black and raised in the neighborhoods you describe. Same IQ. Where do you think you are today? How much do you think you make? Did you graduate high school? Did you graduate college?

If you want to you do. Their culture discourages it though by making an educated black who works hard a 'corn-ball uncle tom nigga'

They're just not trying hard enough and their culture discourages it? That's your answer?

Seriously. Where are you now, Cysko? did you graduate from high school if you were raised in one of those apartments you visit? How much money do you think you make a year? You think you make the same amount you do now? Take a guess.

Look, I'll even go first: I am, without a doubt, not working where I am now. I make significantly less than I do now. There's a good chance I have a criminal record. I likely didn't go to a four-year college, if I went at all.

My life would be entirely different. I'm a product of how I was raised. If I were raised in a different environment the outcome would have been totally different.

How about you? I remember you talking about how you'd done every drug in the book at some point in time. Now put yourself in an area that's policed for drugs super hard and all the time. You think your same amount of drug use would never have landed you in the system?

How much do you think you'd be making now? And doing what? Just guess.

So...you want us to take the blame because their culture promotes not working hard and doing well and is prone to committing crime? I'm just trying to get all your spin straight because no, I won't do that. I won't take the blame. I won't let my children take the blame because they do better than the black children.

You are only re-iterating what I said: they act poorly on their own communities and out. Their culture discourages them from doing better.

I didn't say anything about blame or shaming your children. You did.

Now answer the question. Where do you think you'd be? List all of those drugs you said you did again. Do you think you would have gotten away with doing all of those in the projects without ever being arrested and thrown in jail? And then you'd have a record. You'd be on probation. Then where would you be working and earning tons of money for your employer?

Take a guess.

We had a couple of black kids at my high school, all spread out.

My good friend Lane, he was in some of my honors classes, played sports and was class president.

Black culture got him too....

But then again we're from Strongsville, not east Cleveland.

He's still black though... weird. Well let's hope he doesn't beat his kids too hard

You are insinuating our culture should take the blame for theirs not achieving more. Black kids have two dreams that I've seen: to play music and to play sports. Pretty limited career options. Their parents probably ought to encourage them and let them know its ok to be a maintenance guy that makes $20 an hour or a machine operator or something

You must be thinking about someone else and drugs bub. I smoked weed a few times when I was a teenager but not much more. Let me tell you a fact though. On Clifton Ave Brooklyn NY they smoke joints openly on the porch and the cops don't bust them for it. They roll by and don't even stop. I got a ticket for having a Weiner dog on the subway though.

We had a couple of black kids at my high school, all spread out.

My good friend Lane, he was in some of my honors classes, played sports and was class president.

Black culture got him too....

But then again we're from Strongsville, not east Cleveland.

He's still black though... weird. Well let's hope he doesn't beat his kids too hard

Don't be fucking stupid woody, I didn't say all of them. Clearly not. But is hardly say Strongsville is a hotbed of black culture. I should know, my mother has worked as clerk if council there for 35 years. He grew up firmly in a white culture.

My mistake then.

But you're still not answering the question. Where do you think you'd be if you were raised as a black kid with those two dreams that you've seen?

Guess your job and your annual salary. Are they the same as yours today?

Probably not because its quite likely I would have grown up pressured to do as little as possible. Which is what I've been saying all along. Don't try to re-parse my statements to your own end. It won't work, the logic isn't there.

Here's the high school you'd go to if you live in the Wade Ave towers, right?

This site is used nationwide to rank high schools, and supplies test scores. It ranks schools on a scale of 1-10. Martin Luther King High gets a 1.

That's where you would have gone to high school. Now find your high school on there and tell me what it is and I'll do the same.

Archived