Trent Richardson Trade  

81 members have voted

1. 1. How do you as a Browns Fan feel about the Trich Trade

• Browns come out on Top!!!!
    • Colts come out on Top!!!!
    • Browns get Ripped Off!!!!!
    • Colts get Ripped Off!!!!
    • All Parties involved are Winners!!!!
    • I Dont Care!!! Im no longer a Browns Fan!!!!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i already took mine and a valium. a nice cocktail along with a cocktail.

gonna get numb brothers.

i want to see these mother fuckers beg for the fan support and the 'come out to the game' crap. i knew banner was a rat. and chudzinski looks like a coon hound with a beer gut. all he needs is a straw had and a piece of straw in is mouth. huckleberry. lombardi is just another gooned up wop. haslam doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

can't we get some local blood in the FO or find some majority of biz owners buy haslam out (like the red sox owners did) cuz obviously none of these guys know what it means to be a browns fan and what we've been through to just come out and say "see ya next year!'.

and the circus never leaves cleveland. i can hear the merry go round from here in ny.

Got a nice buzz going on with a bottle of 10 year old port. :) "Well, it's all going to be better now that we're doing the Drafting". Yeah, MoFos- SHOW ME.

Plenty of booing gonna be going on come Bungle week.

I am physically ill thinking about this trade. Not because I believed Trent to be a world beater All-Star caliber talent, but because we ended up losing out overall on value.

We traded up to get him at 3, and we're likely to revive a pick between 16-25 for him in return. I love having two first round picks, but we could have easily gotten a later round pick as well for Richardson.

We're gearing up for a big roster overhaul, I believe.

Not so much losing out on value- it's like- losing out on a season- on week #3.

Ya we over paid for him, but why is that used as an excuse to get rid of him? The team is literally saying, here is a player that is worth a mid to late-ish round pick... and we are just going to trade him before week 3. All this move says is that they have given up on the season with 14 games left to play, that they don't give two shits about the fans. Make the damn excuse that you building towards your team goal, but try selling me that shit in the offseason, not two weeks into the regular season. This lay down and die bullshit. Whats even worse is they won't admit it. "Hey season ticket holders, thank for giving us all that money, hopefully these wiener dog races really pan out!"

^+1- Can I get a refund on my tickets, now that you've thrown in the towel? This says they really don't give two shits about this year, and as you say about the season ticket holders. - it's wait until the 2015 season- we're going to be REALLY good. F- you. I've been waiting since 1999 for you to be "Really good."

If I may express my opinion as a Colts fan, I think it's a good trade for both teams. Let's face it, the Browns probably weren't going anywhere anyway, and this gives them more ammo in next years draft to get a true franchise QB. If the browns eek out a few wins and finish with the 3rd or 4th pick in the first round, this second 1st round pick can be thrown in to move up. If I were a browns fan, I wouldn't be too upset over this.

Actually, there are a bunch of colts fans who do not like this trade. I am not one of them. I think it will work out for both teams.

The only thing this trade does is guarantee the Browns another top 10, probably top 5 pick- but don't worry we're used to it. OTOH Fox Sports was saying Luck just landed his Edgerrin James, and hate to tell you- he's not. Guy has no burst and breakaway gear & puts on his dancing shoes instead of trying to blast through a tiny hole. He's a very good receiver, high character guy.

But THIS year, the Browns now have absolutely nothing at RB.

Can't you idiots see what we're doing here? We use our top 3 pick on our franchise QB then use the Colts pick on a top rated WR. Who can honestly sit here and tell me trading Mr. 3.5 for a top rated WR isnt a good decision. RBs are damn easy to replace. Especially a horrible one.

I was thinking we needed two 1st rounders for a new QB and WR and was thinking how we would go about acquiring it.

Well Banner just let us know how.

Great move.

I never really expected him to break a really long run. He's not really that sort of back, is he?

I just saw Banner on television. He says he completely understands the criticism and skepticism for now. His hope is that it will eventually be proven wrong. I respect and appreciate that he made the statement, but my feeling is that you don't make that statement if you think everyone is on-board with it. So, there is an official acknowledgement that the trade may not look that great from the Browns end.

Screw you Banner- us fans are tired of this shit- and you're going to start hearing the chorus in boo flat come the end of September.

Anyone here remember the Herschel Walker Trade ?

Ended up having a pretty huge impact for Dallas.

I look at this pretty much the same way, even though it's not as lucrative as that trade was.

what a stupid comparison is that, there were 18 players and 3 1st rounders involved in this trade backt then, numerous 2nd and 3rd rounders as well....you will receive a first rounder in the twenties

well maybe banner and lombardi will know enough now not to draft a RB in the top 20 ever again (unless it's a guaranteed AP).

my prob is NOW that weeden is hurt and gordon is coming back...............well, he'll have no chance to show his worth (if there is any) especially with no running game. which means the FO will be 'all in' on finding a NEW franchise QB, meaning all those picks, at least half will be gone in positioning for their coveted players.

i don't trust anyone in this org to make a decent pick, especially on a QB.

fix the Oline, get another starting CB and go from there.

ring around the rosey, pocket full of poseys...................

Can't you idiots see what we're doing here? We use our top 3 pick on our franchise QB then use the Colts pick on a top rated WR. Who can honestly sit here and tell me trading Mr. 3.5 for a top rated WR isnt a good decision. RBs are damn easy to replace. Especially a horrible one.

I was thinking we needed two 1st rounders for a new QB and WR and was thinking how we would go about acquiring it.

Well Banner just let us know how.

Great move.

STFU. not all of us are 17 years old and can wait another 50 years for the same old 'wait til next year!' bullshit.

let me guess. you want to tank the season so you can grab your fave QB to be annointed king before he's even stepped on the NFL field?

well why don't you start with the Oline and defensive backfield first next year in the draft?

you know the 2 units that cost us the first 2 games this year. not the RBs, not the QB, not the wide receivers.

hopefully banner and lombardi know a little bit more about how to build a team than you do.

STFU. nit all of us are 17 years old and can wait another 50 years for the same old 'wait til next year!' bullshit.

let me guess. you want to tank the season so you can grab your fave QB to be annointed king before he's even stepped on the NFL field?

well why don't you start with the Oline and defensive backfield first next year in the draft?

you know the 2 units that cost us the first 2 games this year. not the RBs, not the QB, not the wide receivers.

hopefully banner and lombardi know a little bit more about how to build a team than you do.

After Adrian Peterson (7th, '07), the next 5 leading rushers in NFL last season were drafted 173rd, 12th, 73rd, 31st and Not At All.

You can get a RB from rounds 2-7 to perform just as good, if not better, than Trent has so far. Don't believe me? Ask LeSean McCoy. Ask Arian Foster. Ask Demarco Murray. Ask Bernard Pierce.

Ask Frank Gore. Ask Ahmad Bradshaw. Ask Stevan Ridley. Ask Isaac Redman.

All had higher YPC than Richardson last season, all were taken outside the first two rounds or not even drafted at all.

And if you don't believe them, ask nearly all of the 40 qualified players (100 carries+) that finished with a higher YPC average than Richardson did. Only a select few were first rounders. The rest- middle to late rounders.

If we get a franchise QB and an impact WR/CB/OG in the first round and a RB in rounds 2-4 that gets 900ish yards and a sackful of TD's (pedestrian numbers similar to Richardson's), this trade will be a great success.

But you keep pretending that Richardson was some great talent and that we really screwed ourselves.

Hopefully a Banner and Lombardi know a lot more about building a team than you do.

screwed the pooch on this Lobotomy

After Adrian Peterson (7th, '07), the next 5 leading rushers in NFL last season were drafted 173rd, 12th, 73rd, 31st and Not At All.

You can get a RB from rounds 2-7 to perform just as good, if not better, than Trent has so far. Don't believe me? Ask LeSean McCoy. Ask Arian Foster. Ask Demarco Murray. Ask Bernard Pierce.

All had higher YPC than Richardson last season, all were taken outside the first two rounds or not even drafted at all.

And if you don't believe them, ask nearly all of the 40 qualified players (100 carries+) that finished with a higher YPC average than Richardson did. Only a select few were first rounders. The rest- middle to late rounders.

If we get a franchise QB and an impact WR/CB/OG in the first round and a RB in rounds 2-4 that gets 900ish yards and a sackful of TD's (pedestrian numbers similar to Richardson's), this trade will be a great success.

But you keep pretending that Richardson was some great talent and that we really screwed ourselves.

Hopefully a Banner and Lombardi know a lot more about building a team than you do.

Great post! With numbers and FACTS to back it up.

For the 3rd pick in the draft?? Decent describes maybe your 3rd or 4th back "Great" should describe the 3rd pick especially when you trade up to get him.

Who cares after he was drafted if he was the first or the last person drafted, the Draft isn't an exact science(see Chad pennington going before tom brady), he was productive last year in a bad offense with an injury and still got 950yds rushing in his rookie season. The colts imo got a steal.

i keep pretending? did i miss something?

you know me, the guy that wanted a CB with the first pick the last 2 years? the guy that hated the TR and weeden pick and raged on it for weeks? yeah that was me.

i'll take a CB then the 2 best OL next year and jump up and down with joy.

i was the one who brought up jimmy johnson's famous quote "you need to find a RB back? just turn the corner."

i'm just pissed that we got less value for TR and all these little shits now are going to be jerking off to the thought of bridgewater or boyd in a brown's uniform next year and hope we go 0 and 16.

these guys are the same ones that want to change the uniforms and have salt water taffy and cotton candy machines on eveery corner.

you play the game to win.

well maybe banner and lombardi will know enough now not to draft a RB in the top 20 ever again (unless it's a guaranteed AP).

my prob is NOW that weeden is hurt and gordon is coming back...............well, he'll have no chance to show his worth (if there is any) especially with no running game. which means the FO will be 'all in' on finding a NEW franchise QB, meaning all those picks, at least half will be gone in positioning for their coveted players.

i don't trust anyone in this org to make a decent pick, especially on a QB.

fix the Oline, get another starting CB and go from there.

ring around the rosey, pocket full of poseys...................

You do know the Browns DID have Peterson ....could have snapped him up BANG!!

They took a deep deep breath and Said..."With the 3rd pick of the 2007 draft the CLEVELAND BROWNS select....Adrian Peterson.......NAAAAAA we need a tackle hello #73

You do know the Browns DID have Peterson ....could have snapped him up BANG!!

They took a deep deep breath and Said..."With the 3rd pick of the 2007 draft the CLEVELAND BROWNS select....Adrian Peterson.......NAAAAAA we need a tackle hello #73

who would want to pick a 6x All Pro left tackle over a RB who didn't play a full season in college due to injuries?

We can get a 3.5 in rounds 2-4.

Lesean McCoy, Alfred Morris, DeMarco Murray, Jamaal Charles, Arian Foster...all taken outside the first round. All have better than a 3.5 YPC. All would be welcomed on this team.

All never played in this putrid offense.

Who cares after he was drafted if he was the first or the last person drafted, the Draft isn't an exact science(see Chud pennington going before tom brady), he was productive last year in a bad offense with an injury and still got 950yds rushing in his rookie season. The colts imo got a steal.

Read what he said again sport... he said "decent' Decent should not describe the 3rd pick in the draft. You SHOULD hit a Home Run with your 3rd pick. Cleveland did not...they hit a two out double with no one on......nice but meaningless unless the next guy drives him in...Shut up about Tom Brady....He is a once in a lifetime FREEK who has the greatest coach of this generation who fit a program around HIM he didn't try to shoe horn him into a system

He is Gehrig to Bledsoe's Pip

So you think the Colts got a steal and you don't even know who the Browns have selected??? What if the Browns land a future All Pro player and Richardson continues to be average?

See how stupid your knee jerk response was?

Read what he said again sport... he said "decent' Decent should not describe the 3rd pick in the draft. You SHOULD hit a Home Run with your 3rd pick. Cleveland did not...they hit a two out double with no one on......nice but meaningless unless the next guy drives him in...Shut up about Tom Brady....He is a once in a lifetime FREEK who has the greatest coach of this generation who fit a program around HIM he didn't try to shoe horn him into a system

He is Gehrig to Bledsoe's Pip

So you think the Colts got a steal and you don't even know who the Browns have selected??? What if the Browns land a future All Pro player and Richardson continues to be average?

See how stupid your knee jerk response was?

Considering how well the Browns have drafted since 99.... and how it seems to always work out for us.... we will draft a Brady Quinn and Richardson will go on to be an All Pro for the next 5 years

who would want to pick a 6x All Pro left tackle over a RB who didn't play a full season in college due to injuries?

You don't take a RB 3rd anyways when you have gigantic H-O-L-E-S all over your team and you don't freekin trade up to get one!! Plug in Chance Womack right now at guard and tell me you don't feel better

...and buttercup, you knew Thomas would be a 6x all pro in his 6th year before the draft right???

Bullshit buddy I know shit from shinola and you're shoveling it with both hands

You don't take a RB 3rd anyways when you have gigantic H-O-L-E-S all over your team and you don't freekin trade up to get one!! Plug in Chance Womack right now at guard and tell me you don't feel better

...and buttercup, you knew Thomas would be a 6x all pro in his 6th year before the draft right???

Bullshit buddy I know shit from shinola and you're shoveling it with both hands

I knew Thomas would be a 6x pro bowler as much as people knew that Petterson could stay healthy for a full year, hence why he dropped down to 7th in the draft. Every draft pick has its risks and rewards, you shouldn't really be upset that we went with a tackle that has proven to be one of the best in the league(compared to how we usually draft).

^+1- Can I get a refund on my tickets, now that you've thrown in the towel? This says they really don't give two shits about this year, and as you say about the season ticket holders. - it's wait until the 2015 season- we're going to be REALLY good. F- you. I've been waiting since 1999 for you to be "Really good."

I've been waiting since '64..... pay your dues take out your tampon and man up .......let me know what you want for your tickets crybaby

Archived