Trent Richardson Trade  

81 members have voted

1. 1. How do you as a Browns Fan feel about the Trich Trade

• Browns come out on Top!!!!
    • Colts come out on Top!!!!
    • Browns get Ripped Off!!!!!
    • Colts get Ripped Off!!!!
    • All Parties involved are Winners!!!!
    • I Dont Care!!! Im no longer a Browns Fan!!!!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's prolly about 8 threads I could ask this question, or it has already been asked, IDK. But...

Is it possible that with this trade the 4th Rounder we got from the Colts could become conditional, based upon how Trent and/or the Colts perform this season. I.E. Trent rushes for 1200 yards and 10 TDs it becomes a 3rd rounder. The Colts make the playoffs it becomes a 3rd rounder. If Trent rushes for 1200 and 10 and the Colts win the Superbowl it becomes a second...

It's a long shot, but sure would be nice to cover our asses depending on how low they pick in the draft.

There's prolly about 8 threads I could ask this question, or it has already been asked, IDK. But...

Is it possible that with this trade the 4th Rounder we got from the Colts could become conditional, based upon how Trent and/or the Colts perform this season. I.E. Trent rushes for 1200 yards and 10 TDs it becomes a 3rd rounder. The Colts make the playoffs it becomes a 3rd rounder. If Trent rushes for 1200 and 10 and the Colts win the Superbowl it becomes a second...

It's a long shot, but sure would be nice to cover our asses depending on how low they pick in the draft.

We got their first rounder, unconditionally, for TR. We got their 4th rounder, unconditionally, for our 5th rounder last year.

God.... that list you posted makes me sick to my stomach....

To be fair, that was one hell of a year in 2000 for the Raiders in special teams production. But that's also what I've been trying to tell people. The guy we have leading the draft charge has an equally crappy record of drafting people as our previous regimes.

(sigh)

need some time on this one... getting plain out pitty now from family and friends...no more laughter

They know (the organization), we will never follow another team...thats the real part of this. I have always said it--- its like that chick you loved who always is cheating and crushing your heart. How do make this all go away ? another move ? ...no NFL football to care about ?...im not going back to that...that was much worse. Hard to imagine, but I enjoy watching football on Sundays, I think we all do-- as pathetic as this franchise has become. Fantasy football does allow some relief...thank God for that. I wear my jersey and put out my flag and try to put out good spread of food along with cold beverages. Im doing my part...theres many others that do alot more (season ticket holders, travelers, fans of this forum)...they all deserve metals and awards... love 'em

2013 over... and 2014 rebuilding. That will make 15 years... 1 playoff game ? 2 winning seasons ? is it 2 ?...thats an entirely different level of shit. Remember all those posts - early in the 2000's about regime change and the constant coaches, QB's, and now owners ???? This is what you get. Marvin Lewis and Katie Brown ??? ummmm ... looking pretty good. They stayed the course and are now year in and year out playoff franchise--- and are probably 2 players away from the Suberbowl. How painful is that ??? especially for my fellow southern Ohio/Ky Browns fans... its sad, really freakin sad.

Im not "done"...will never be "done" being a Browns fan...I usually end these posts with a reference to midnight madness or some kinda of hopefull thought...not today...not with 14 more embarrassing weeks of NFL ahead and a rebuilding year next season.

mercy.

Bermeck (.... nope, nothing positive....wait.... im crushing it in Browns Board IV...Go Hicks ! )

To be fair, that was one hell of a year in 2000 for the Raiders in special teams production. But that's also what I've been trying to tell people. The guy we have leading the draft charge has an equally crappy record of drafting people as our previous regimes.

There is no explanation or excuse for drafting a kicker at number 17 overall. I don't care if their previous kicker shit his pants and slipped in the crap on every extra point attempt. Servicable kickers are available. If it was Al Davis' decision then Lombardi did horrible at his job by not locking Davis in a linen closet during the draft so he wouldn't have a kicker on his list of first round draft choices.

I don't know that many people consider it tanking the season, but overall I agree with your point.

I do think Teddy Twatwater will be our main target.

To me, the ideal is Hoyer shows something and Lombardi is right about the kid and we don't need a QB. If we do, I almost hope we do lose a bunch of games and don't need to trade to get the guy we want.

I would love for Hoyer to show he's going to be a top QB. I just can't see it happening - he's in his 5th (?) year, he'd be a top QB by now.

Probably a safe statement. That said, he played behind Brady most of his career and had a quick look by AZ or whoever it was he was with. If he looks even semi decent on Sunday, you can bet that Weededs thumb will still be sore another week or two and Hoyer gets at least 2-3 games to show what he has, if he has.

There is no explanation or excuse for drafting a kicker at number 17 overall. I don't care if their previous kicker shit his pants and slipped in the crap on every extra point attempt. Servicable kickers are available. If it was Al Davis' decision then Lombardi did horrible at his job by not locking Davis in a linen closet during the draft so he wouldn't have a kicker on his list of first round draft choices.

The Janikowski pick was all on Al Davis- remember, he drafted a punter (Ray Guy) in the first round too- long before Lombardi showed up. I have to hope Mike was just fetching coffee for Al in the draft war room, but you never know.

I don't know that many people consider it tanking the season, but overall I agree with your point.

I do think Teddy Twatwater will be our main target.

To me, the ideal is Hoyer shows something and Lombardi is right about the kid and we don't need a QB. If we do, I almost hope we do lose a bunch of games and don't need to trade to get the guy we want.

Oh, I agree with Shep that Richardson was way overvalued- I stated myself several times in other threads the guy flat out does not have the burst or top end gear to make him an elite back. In fact, on the rare occasions he's been healthy I thought Hardly Plays Hardesty has more burst to the line.

Yes, long term this is probably best for the Browns- assuming Lombardi and Banner don't mess up the 2014 draft. However, short term this team is screwed, and I'm sick of all the losing. I got $100 with Ghoolie on 5 wins over\under this year I have the over, and I can about guarantee you I'm going to be sending him a check in January.

Even should Lombanner hit it out of the park and draft the next Montana, Jim Brown and Jerry Rice next May, so what? That still won't be enough to get the Browns to the 2015 Super Bowl- (it takes time for all that talent to gel) and I'm starting to run out of years. Which of our posters had the tag line "Browns- rebuilding since 1999, why stop now?" Yup ^+1 The game in December with the Jags may well turn out to be the Bridgewater Bowl.

I know what you mean about the years part. A midnight run to the emergency room a couple of weeks back was a firm reminder that life does end and it doesn't follow a schedule that we might not like.

If anybody is worried, no real worries at this point.

I've been waiting since '64..... pay your dues take out your tampon and man up .......let me know what you want for your tickets crybaby

Got you beat there pal- I go back to 1957 and the Ernie Davis tragedy. Got in on my pals seniority back in 1999- 31 years worth and counting. StubHub says my tickets sell for an average of $175- still interested? If you guys want to rag on me for being pissed about the high probability of yet another wasted season, I'm asking top dollar for my section $250 per.

Edit: may I quote USA Today? If you’re a Browns season ticket holder this morning, the idea of heading to the stadium seven more times this year to watch Brian Hoyer and the decaying carcass of Willis McGahee lead your offense can’t be at all appealing.”

Let me know if you want 50% face value for 2 tickets to 2 games.......It's called entertainment

Yeah- real entertaining watching another loss, more like a nightmare horror show. Hi guys- it's just like the movie Groundhog Day. I don't call that entertainment- especially since I have to drive 220 miles to watch it.

I'll give you half face for 2 to your choice of 2 games....big enough "refund" for you?? Put up or shut up buttercup

It would be more fun to just let the empty seat show up- and watch the game at home on Sunday Ticket. Saves me seven hours of weekend driving. That's the kind of "statement" I just might make. Plus I have relatives in Cleveland I'll give the tickets to, depending on how the season unfolds.

That trade was made 5 months before this one and there has been no mention of any conditions. So I'd say no.

OK, well is it even possible to do something like that. To make the outcome of one trade conditional as part of another. To basically amend the trade as Trent and a 5th for a 1st and conditional 4th... It doesnt look like anything like this is going come out as part of the details at this point, but was wondering if 2 trades that occurred at separate times, could essentially become one and the same.

I know a lot of you are angry about this, but RBs are a dime a dozen, and Trich, to be honest wasnt looking that great.

You guys did the right thing. Load up on picks so next year you can win the Bridgewater Bowl.

Or, if Jax gets the #1 pick, youll be able to score a QB and another good player. Itd be pretty crazy if you guys sayt got like the #2 pick and the #15 pick.

Lets say JAgs have the #1 pick, then Clowney drops to you guys at #2, or even Maquis Lee in a later pick, and then with your 2nd #1 pick, snag up Boyd, Manziel, kid from UCLA, etc

Either way you can snag a QB and an amazing playmaker during that time. Get an RB in a later round.

Everyone keeps saying that RBs are a dime a dozen.

Then how come we don't have one? We don't have a dime?

We don't have one NFL carry on our tailback depth chart and we play a league game in three days.

Zombo

This was our RB Depth Chart before the Summer. Some fans were complaining that we signed too many running backs, and speculating on who would get cut:

Richardson

Lewis

Hardesty

OblongBanna

Jackson

Well, it's mid-September and only one of them is on the roster .. and he is now a fullback.

Zombo

We don't have one NFL carry on our tailback depth chart and we play a league game in three days.

Zombo

What happened to Dion Lewis?

That kid could have been the next Shady McCoy. If hes still there, he would have played better than Trich.

What happened to Dion Lewis?

That kid could have been the next Shady McCoy. If hes still there, he would have played better than Trich.

He's on IR. As is Hardesty. Cut Brandon Jackson. Traded Trent Richardson.

Bobby Rainey is the depth chart at tailback right now.

Zombo

Zombo

Don't worry Willis McGahee is on the way to save the day. Banner didn't say it- but we're tanking for Teddy".

There is bad news,worse news, and worst news about this trade:

1.You get at low first round pick from a team DESPERATE for a running back.The

Browns should have raped the Colts on this deal.

2,Who knows if there is even a franchise QB in next years draft?

3. And the WORST news is Mike Lombardi is your GM. Here is a guy

who is such an embarrassment that he wasn't even allowed to

show up at the press conference announcing the trade. The man is

the GM and is not even permitted to show up at the presser? ( Yeah I know

Banner's reasons for hiding him.) As posted earlier in this post,look

at his draft record.

BTW I am not against this trade. It's just that I thought the Browns should

have gotten more in return and I simply don't think Lombardi knows

football.

The only reason I can see Hoyer getting the start is this:

In 2001, the New England Patriots started off 0-2 after a depressing 5-11 season the year before. Their 30 year old QB, Drew Bledsoe, injured himself in the fourth quarter of an inter divisional game, and a relatively unheralded QB from a Michigan university then supplanted him as starting QB the next week against a Midwestern team. Brady had two wholly unspectacular performances as a starter before becoming what he is today.

In 2013, the Cleveland Browns started off 0-2 after a depressing 5-11 season the year before. Their 30 year old QB, Brandon Weeden, injured himself in the fourth quarter of an inter divisional game, and a relatively unheralded QB from a Michigan university will supplant him as starter next week against a Midwestern team.

That's literally the only reason why this makes sense to me.

Archived