Trent Richardson Trade  

81 members have voted

1. 1. How do you as a Browns Fan feel about the Trich Trade

• Browns come out on Top!!!!
    • Colts come out on Top!!!!
    • Browns get Ripped Off!!!!!
    • Colts get Ripped Off!!!!
    • All Parties involved are Winners!!!!
    • I Dont Care!!! Im no longer a Browns Fan!!!!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trent is a class act and he is getting a fresh start. Again I didn't hear one gutless media personality ask CHUD or Banner if they thought the product on the field Sunday was better without Trent. If the answer is no, which we all know it is even the haters, then the Back Office owes the fans an apology regardless of their plan for the future. Each team has an obligation to field the best team they can financially manage and the Browns have been milking the fans and NFL by staying way under the cap each year.

Trent's career rushing stats for the Browns is an incredible, unbelievable, Hall of Fame like 62yds per game. Does he go over that this week or under?

I say Under

I would love for Hoyer to show he's going to be a top QB. I just can't see it happening - he's in his 5th (?) year, he'd be a top QB by now.

look at how long it took Vinny Testaverde to get good

You're going to need a lot of money to buy all these tickets. Richardson was exciting. It's not about just here and now... it's about the length we should have had him to judge his career in, around 7 years at least. That means he would have had ANOTHER 5 SEASONS after this one... We had the RB locked down, with no need to TRY and improve it for seven fucking years... This is getting really, really old, really fast.

You go on and on and on and on...............Seriously WTF did you see Trent do that was so damned exciting?? You need to separate what you thought he could do and what you expected a number 3 pick to do from reality. Do you think he's an explosive runner? 28 backs last year had more 20+ yard runs than he did. Brandon freakin Bolden had twice the long runs Trent had. He ranked 22nd in yard per game. Thats 4 slots lower than Shonn Greene and 11 behind Willis Mcgahee. He ranked 24th in 1st downs, just one above another classic RB bust - Ryan Matthews. The ONLY argument you can make is that he ranked 5th in TDs with 11 rushing TD's. Bottom line is that is an anomaly based on the rest of the stats. You can try to throw the O-line at me on this but frankly look at many players on the ranks above him. They had shitty lines too.

He has not been exciting. If he does become exciting at Indy then fuck him, he was fucking the dog here.

Great post! I agree with you wholeheartedly. To the poster left with his dick in his hands and a bright future.................beats the shit out of someone elses dick in your hand and a dim future :)

Seriously he is a pedestrian back. If he is more right away in Indy then you have to question how hard he was playing here. Their line is not very good either.

I do agree that Lombardi's ability to evaluate talent is scary bad. I hope someone is reigning him in on that.

Lastly call me a Weeds homer but I am still not convinced he cant run this team for the next 5 years IF

- we shore up the right side of our line (the return of Luavo and Pinkston whill help a lot)

- we actually have a running game

- we keep Greg Little on the bench or on the street

I still see the potential.

You go on and on and on and on...............Seriously WTF did you see Trent do that was so damned exciting?? You need to separate what you thought he could do and what you expected a number 3 pick to do from reality. Do you think he's an explosive runner? 28 backs last year had more 20+ yard runs than he did. Brandon freakin Bolden had twice the long runs Trent had. He ranked 22nd in yard per game. Thats 4 slots lower than Shonn Greene and 11 behind Willis Mcgahee. He ranked 24th in 1st downs, just one above another classic RB bust - Ryan Matthews. The ONLY argument you can make is that he ranked 5th in TDs with 11 rushing TD's. Bottom line is that is an anomaly based on the rest of the stats. You can try to throw the O-line at me on this but frankly look at many players on the ranks above him. They had shitty lines too.

He has not been exciting. If he does become exciting at Indy then fuck him, he was fucking the dog here.

hey the guy loved TRich. give him a fucking break. he's been here longer than you so we all know what he's about. and although i didn't like the pick in the first place POeticG was here while you were still sitting around on sundays wondering which team to root for.

glad you showed up. you might as well put yourself down as a media cuz i never heard of you until this 'big breaking story' and now you waltz in and bash one of our members who has been here through thick and thin (yes totally rooting for TR ad naseum).

i WILL throw the OLine at you, as i have at anyone who'll listen for years now. you win with the strength of your lines...both sides, mano a mano. it sure helps the running game AND it might add a couple of years of NFL 'life' to the next pretty boy diva QB they bring in here. and buy time for your pretty boy diva WRs to get open.

make any sense?

Read this. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/23721420/a-first-round-pick-for-trent-richardson-no-brainer-for-browns

One exec I respect deeply, who has watched Richardson closely during his brief NFL career, expressed his initial reaction to this deal: "The Colts panicked. A first-round pick? I don't believe it."

A scout who did plenty of work on Richardson was flabbergasted by the deal: "Weird trade by Indy," he sent via text. "A first for an adequate back with injury issues? They could get that player next year in the mid to late rounds. Get an adequate dude for a later pick. Everyone has depth at that position."

One GM asked who the Browns were going to go with at running back, and I explained they were bringing in free agent Willis McGahee. His response: "Why didn't the Colts do that first before giving up a 1?"

yeah, i respect anyone who uses the word 'dude' in a press release or texting. sounds like a real professional.

We can get a 3.5 in rounds 2-4.

Lesean McCoy, Alfred Morris, DeMarco Murray, Jamaal Charles, Arian Foster...all taken outside the first round. All have better than a 3.5 YPC. All would be welcomed on this team.

I agree you can get 3.5 ypc in those rounds. You however are pointing out the exceptions in those rounds rather than the rule. Of the top 20 backs in the NFL right now 9 were first rounders. 5 were second rounders 4 were 3rd rounders and 2 were lower than the 5th round (including UDFA A Foster). To get the studs like them lower than round 1 takes a good deal of great scouting and a LOT of luck. Like I said though I agree wholeheartedly we can get 3.5 ypc easily in the draft or off the street.

Fair weather fan? Is that a joke? Aside from the fluke 2007 season Cleveland hasn't had 'fair weather' since 2007, and have had a total of three winning seasons since 1990. So, yeah, unless you consider the acid rain of tears spewing from clouds tainted by the factory of sadness to be fair weather, I'm not a fair weather fan. I grew up in Cleveland and despite living in New England, have stuck with the Browns even though I could've easily switched allegiance to the much more recently successful team in my area, the Patriots.

This year was fucked whether or not we had T. Rich. We weren't going to win more than 8 games, and that's being optimistic. That's what I was hoping for. So now maybe if we're lucky we win six. Are you content with that, or do you want the Browns in the play-offs in two years? Because to do that, we need to stock up on talent, and that's what 10 draft picks, including 2 first rounders, a second round, and two third rounders is going to do for us. The draft class is rich, and Banner has set us up to exploit it.

Guess what, if they pick OL, CB, and WR, I'll show up hear saying they did what I said they should do, right after picking a QB. Read my original post, QB, WR, RG, CB/WR/RB, that's what I said for their first three rounds of picks. So why would I bitch then? Tell me that, Robin.

who will be our next franchise QB? (all i know is they better be a pocket passer). so who for argument's sake if you take your read option QBs off the list...who does that leave you with?

and if they don't work out can we call for banner and lombardi's head and you can disappear?

hey the guy loved TRich. give him a fucking break. he's been here longer than you so we all know what he's about. and although i didn't like the pick in the first place POeticG was here while you were still sitting around on sundays wondering which team to root for.

glad you showed up. you might as well put yourself down as a media cuz i never heard of you until this 'big breaking story' and now you waltz in and bash one of our members who has been here through thick and thin (yes totally rooting for TR ad naseum).

i WILL throw the OLine at you, as i have at anyone who'll listen for years now. you win with the strength of your lines...both sides, mano a mano. it sure helps the running game AND it might add a couple of years of NFL 'life' to the next pretty boy diva QB they bring in here. and buy time for your pretty boy diva WRs to get open.

make any sense?

Let me start with a rousing FUCK YOU. Just who the fuck do you think you are to assume I just jumped on the Browns bandwagon. Hell that proves your ignorance as they aren't currently what I would call a bandwagon team.

I am a Browns fan through and through and have been for 51 years. I don't care how long PoeticG has been here or how many posts he has. His posts make no sense and he rambles. It is obvious often his main goal is to simply increase his post count with his stupid one liner rants. You and he are peas of a pod. Internet groupies that define their expertise, value and self worth by their post count. You barked (pun intended) up the wrong tree asshole. I am a long time season ticket holder and have every right to express my opinions here regardless of what you or your little buddy think. I was born and raised in Northeast Ohio and will be a Browns fan until I die. He's been "through" with the Browns since hmmm I don't know maybe 40 posts ago. As far as the O line is concerned please take a look at the 21 backs that rank above him and convince yourself their lines are all great. They aren't some of them are simply playmakers.

You keep defending your little internet butt buddy all you want. Fact is his posts this week have been pure bullshit.

PS did you mean to try pulling off Latin there or did you actually mean Ass Nausea?

yeah, i respect anyone who uses the word 'dude' in a press release or texting. sounds like a real professional.

Yes that absolutely has to mean he has no idea what he is talking about. No successful human being has ever used the word dude before. You must be right shit you have over 5000 posts

I agree you can get 3.5 ypc in those rounds. You however are pointing out the exceptions in those rounds rather than the rule. Of the top 20 backs in the NFL right now 9 were first rounders. 5 were second rounders 4 were 3rd rounders and 2 were lower than the 5th round (including UDFA A Foster). To get the studs like them lower than round 1 takes a good deal of great scouting and a LOT of luck. Like I said though I agree wholeheartedly we can get 3.5 ypc easily in the draft or off the street.

Exactly. Less than half of the top 20 RB's are first round picks. If you're picking a player that early, I'd hope there'd be a much better chance that he would become a stud.

First and foremost, we need a QB. A legitimate QB. Not a 2-3 round guy who might have a shot because he won a bunch in college, or he has a big arm, or he played for Notre Dame. We need a franchise QB.

Hopefully there's one in this draft. Boyd and Bridgewater seem to be the favorites, but anything can happen.

who will be our next franchise QB? (all i know is they better be a pocket passer). so who for argument's sake if you take your read option QBs off the list...who does that leave you with?

and if they don't work out can we call for banner and lombardi's head and you can disappear?

Would you consider Rodgers a pocket passer? What about Wilson? Or Luck?

I would love for Hoyer to show he's going to be a top QB. I just can't see it happening - he's in his 5th (?) year, he'd be a top QB by now.

Idk, I'm not so sure about this. Wasn't it Aaron Rodgers fifth season when he took over the starting job in G.B.?? I'm not saying that Hoyer is as good as Rodgers, but once upon a time not too long ago it was pretty much the norm for a Q.B. to sit for a few years. Nowadays Qb's get thrown right in to sink or swim. All is I'm saying is that it might not be all that bad that Hoyer has sat for so long...... Here's hoping for the best!! Go Browns!!

make any sense?

I couldn't agree more about the O line. Teams that keep stocked on linemen seem to be able to plug in "skill" position players at will and keep winning...ala Pats and pissburg. But it seems like they are drafting line men each year. The line is key on either side. Our D line has been making the whole defense much better and possibly a playoff caliber D with another back.

Mik rarely, if ever, knows what he's saying...but he defends it to the death and that takes a lot of balls.

I respect him more than most on here, simply because some of the crazy shit he says is actually true.

For the record, this season our line ranks as worst in the league in sacks, so It's not hard to imagine that the running game is suffering from them.

But a great back overcomes those flaws and Richardson didn't.

Mik rarely, if ever, knows what he's saying...but he defends it to the death and that takes a lot of balls.

I respect him more than most on here, simply because some of the crazy shit he says is actually true.

For the record, this season our line ranks as worst in the league in sacks, so It's not hard to imagine that the running game is suffering from them.

Listen I agree that the O line has flat out sucked. I am simply saying that rambling on and on about Richardson being elite is flat nonsense. And you cant blame me for being pissed when Mik jumps on and acts like I am new as a Browns fan simply because I have a low post count. It was totally out of line. I hate the fact we suck again. Shit I was convinced this was the year it all changed. I totally feel the pain but I don't need to deal with board elitism.....its comical

Let me start with a rousing FUCK YOU. Just who the fuck do you think you are to assume I just jumped on the Browns bandwagon. Hell that proves your ignorance as they aren't currently what I would call a bandwagon team.

I am a Browns fan through and through and have been for 51 years. I don't care how long PoeticG has been here or how many posts he has. His posts make no sense and he rambles. It is obvious often his main goal is to simply increase his post count with his stupid one liner rants. You and he are peas of a pod. Internet groupies that define their expertise, value and self worth by their post count. You barked (pun intended) up the wrong tree asshole. I am a long time season ticket holder and have every right to express my opinions here regardless of what you or your little buddy think. I was born and raised in Northeast Ohio and will be a Browns fan until I die. He's been "through" with the Browns since hmmm I don't know maybe 40 posts ago. As far as the O line is concerned please take a look at the 21 backs that rank above him and convince yourself their lines are all great. They aren't some of them are simply playmakers.

You keep defending your little internet butt buddy all you want. Fact is his posts this week have been pure bullshit.

PS did you mean to try pulling off Latin there or did you actually mean Ass Nausea?

50+ years and all of a sudden you show up on THE BROWNS BOARD. whatever rip van wrinkle.

poetic G is not my internet butt buddy and in fact disagree on a lot of things, one of which was TRich. but you can't fault a guy for his love for a team or a player. (might not seem rational to you but seeing as you must be close to 70, since you've been a fan for over 50 years, i'll let that go on the side of dementia).

and fuck you too.

Yes that absolutely has to mean he has no idea what he is talking about. No successful human being has ever used the word dude before. You must be right shit you have over 5000 posts

obviously you know shit about business, or being a part of a successful company or even an owner. it's all about first impressions and presentation.

you think kirk herbstreit texts media orgs and uses the word 'dude'? i know a word for you: dope. you should use it. you are not dope but you are one.

now go get your shine box and fuck yourself twice.

post-653-0-80876200-1379635000_thumb.jpg

I'll give you half face for 2 to your choice of 2 games....big enough "refund" for you?? Put up or shut up buttercup

PM me...face value is $290 each and I can meet you at the Gander Mtn in Twinsburg anytime this weekend.

Club seats for the thurs. Night Buffalo game should be a great game...their starters against our practice squad

Oh...and bring cash...I'm old school too

attachicon.gifIMG_0040.JPG

PM me...face value is $290 each and I can meet you at the Gander Mtn in Twinsburg anytime this weekend.

Club seats for the thurs. Night Buffalo game should be a great game...their starters against our practice squad

Oh...and bring cash...I'm old school too

doubt if that dude can even respond. his IP address to this board is probably locked down out as tight as my doors after a weekend binge.

50+ years and all of a sudden you show up on THE BROWNS BOARD. whatever rip van wrinkle.

poetic G is not my internet butt buddy and in fact disagree on a lot of things, one of which was TRich. but you can't fault a guy for his love for a team or a player. (might not seem rational to you but seeing as you must be close to 70, since you've been a fan for over 50 years, i'll let that go on the side of dementia).

and fuck you too.

obviously you know shit about business, or being a part of a successful company or even an owner. it's all about first impressions and presentation.

you think kirk herbstreit texts media orgs and uses the word 'dude'? i know a word for you: dope. you should use it. you are not dope but you are one.

now go get your shine box and fuck yourself twice.

Seriously other than the post of bullshit you directed at me most of yours seem pretty damn rational. Reread your post and ask yourself honestly how you would have felt if someone you didn't know at all and who knew nothing of you directed it at you.

You got me. I am 51 so I likely didn't start loving the Browns until around Leroy Kelly time-frame. There are certainly days where I would think maybe dementia is eminent but not quite yet. It still gave you no right or even reason to think I am a recent Browns fan. I respect your trying to defend someone although I still don't understand why. You could however have defended him without unjustly busting my balls and if you are honest

I know plenty about being professional and maintaining an image when it is necessary. Having said that I have heard the CEO of our company that had sales of $3 billion last year use the word dude at last years global sales meeting. I am reasonably sure when alive Steve Jobs may have said it a time or two as well. Lastly I would admit it was a cheap shot simply because you decided to bust on me tonight.

PoeticG has every right to not like the trade but the posts have been borderline insane. I have Trich signed rookie cards and jerseys. Shit I wanted him to be great too. He just hasn't been.

i agree with the old newbie that we have to give every shot available to see if weeden can actually run this team. if he looks good and the losses aren't on him, then why even consider the dreaded 'drafting a franchise QB' next year. and the gamble that it is. we can't be doing this shit every 3 years. that's this teams problem.

i'd rather finish the defense off with a corner and safety, get the best right guard available and wide receiver(s). picks in no necessary order.

Seriously other than the post of bullshit you directed at me most of yours seem pretty damn rational. Reread your post and ask yourself honestly how you would have felt if someone you didn't know at all and who knew nothing of you directed it at you.

You got me. I am 51 so I likely didn't start loving the Browns until around Leroy Kelly time-frame. There are certainly days where I would think maybe dementia is eminent but not quite yet. It still gave you no right or even reason to think I am a recent Browns fan. I respect your trying to defend someone although I still don't understand why. You could however have defended him without unjustly busting my balls and if you are honest

I know plenty about being professional and maintaining an image when it is necessary. Having said that I have heard the CEO of our company that had sales of $3 billion last year use the word dude at last years global sales meeting. I am reasonably sure when alive Steve Jobs may have said it a time or two as well. Lastly I would admit it was a cheap shot simply because you decided to bust on me tonight.

PoeticG has every right to not like the trade but the posts have been borderline insane. I have Trich signed rookie cards and jerseys. Shit I wanted him to be great too. He just hasn't been.

hey i actually agreed with you in another post. i was just defending someone i don't know but do know, you know? it was like watching a guy who's already beat up just getting piled on and kicked in the side. as a human being you want to see the bloodshed stop.

we were seriously worried that he might blow something up last night or jump off a bridge.

that being said i hated BOTH the TR and weeden picks. i've been screaming for another corner for 3 years now and the fixing of the right side of the line. that's all i want.

can god just grant me that one wish before my liver explodes?

then everyone can go nuts over WRs, Rbs hell even another QB (but i agreed with you in another thread that i think weeds needs to be given every opportunity this year to show that he can play and manage this team on the field).

so we are not that far apart in our rational.

on a side note: if you haven't found out by now busting balls is a huge thing here so don't take things too personally. it turns out i'm older than you and yes the leroy kelly era is when i started watching the browns. hell thom darden is from my hometown. so i apologize for the rant and hope you stay around.

if we ever meet, first round is on me. and the second.

cheers!

Thanks for looking out for me.

I just went CrAzY, ya know. Everybody's still alive, I just "feel" dead inside. I'm gonna pull it together, we've got the Vikings in three days... There are a lot of players that are STILL here that need our support. This isn't on the Players, maybe not even on Chudzinski, I don't know...

The guys that are here I believe will fight for us though. I know they know the Fans are hurting and they will answer the bell. I believe...

Listen I agree that the O line has flat out sucked. I am simply saying that rambling on and on about Richardson being elite is flat nonsense. And you cant blame me for being pissed when Mik jumps on and acts like I am new as a Browns fan simply because I have a low post count. It was totally out of line. I hate the fact we suck again. Shit I was convinced this was the year it all changed. I totally feel the pain but I don't need to deal with board elitism.....its comical

I posted this on another T-Rich thread so it's probably been missed.

I think you all might want to see a few examples of our OL Run Blocking :

http://www.draftbrowns.com/2013/06/browns-film-room-trent-richardson/

Here, if this posts correctly you should see something interesting:

Trent-Richardson-vs-PIT-1C-420x309.png

Followed by play result:

Trent-Richardson-vs-PIT-1E-420x312.png

There is more analysis and pictures on the link.

Archived