THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns - Bengals Game

flyingfooldoug

Every Bengal fan knows that.

When the Bengals were founded Paul Brown was granted full control of all football operations but just 2% of the shares. That said, each year he coached his contract allowed for his salary to be exchanged for additional shares and he was given right of first refusal to purchase additional shares whenever FIFO (First in, first out) investors cashed out. Those included the Cincinnati Enquirer and Proctor & Gamble. Thus, Browns share of team ownership grew steadily over the years, due to the opportunities to purchase ownership shares that were written into his contract with the Bengals. Finally, it was later learned a handshake agreement with principle shareholder Dutch Knowlton allowed the Brown family to gain majority shareholder status, and controlling interest, when Knowlton sold his shares to the Brown family at a fraction of their face value.

In short, Paul Brown was able to feather his family nest by doing what few thought was possible, by purchasing stock at every available opportunity whenever short-term short-sighted investors wanted to cash out, and then again when old friend Dutch Knowlton agreed to honor a past promise to the Brown family that actually denied the Knowlton estate of many millions of dollars, as his heirs loudly complained of.

Nutshelled, Paul Brown was a very smart man who surrounded himself in Cincinnati with honest men and investors. His experiences in Clevetucky had taught him the dangers that come from being in partnership with overleveraged miafioso types who built their fortunes by running cab companies, real estate scams, or most recently.....fraudulent fuel rebate schemes that scam millions of dollars.

Fair enough. Then you should be able to go the the trivia thread and answer many/most of those questions.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So much deflection going on here, its pretty obvious the clowns fans are nervous about the game.

Don't be stupid. We have lost bigger games than this one....and didn't get nervous over them.

Clearly YOU are the nervous ones. For the first time in over a generation you see a potential legitimate championship caliber team on your field. Most are picking you to win the AFCN, and to be the prime challenger to the Broncos for the AFC Crown.

Losing to the Browns, who again are picked and expected to be below .500 at best would unravel all that.

Hell, if you lost this game you would be tied with the Browns...who would actually have a tiebreaker over you with the win.

No, you are the ones that need to be nervous.

Are the Bengals a heavy favorite? Yes. Should they be? Yes. Do they seemingly have more talent? Yes

Would it be a major choke job for them to lose to the Browns? Yes.

So, you see, all the apprehension for this game is on your side.

For the Browns to win....after trading away what many thought was their best player....after giving their 3rd string QB the start, a win would just be a major unexpected gift.

on national radio today they were praising the browns. it was really nice to here for a change. they were saying how they think gordon is a top 3 receiver in the NFL right now and how cameron is a total stud. i kid you not. and they put special emphasis on the word superstar when talking about both those guys. first time in ages ive heard this much browns praise from national media in my lifetime. really brightened my day

No, its not a debate. Its a football game. You want to see a debate? Go watch C-SPAN

It would be nice if y'all didn't get offended and ban every single person who says the bengals are going to win. Sorry for being honest. It's not even trolling. It's just the truth. It's not like were on here saying "lol dalton is the next Peyton manning, bengals are the next great nfl dynasty lol" were just providing factual evidence on why the bengals will win, and then getting banned. The browns suck, get used to it.

It would be nice if y'all didn't get offended and ban every single person who says the bengals are going to win. Sorry for being honest. It's not even trolling. It's just the truth. It's not like were on here saying "lol dalton is the next Peyton manning, bengals are the next great nfl dynasty lol" were just providing factual evidence on why the bengals will win, and then getting banned. The browns suck, get used to it.

You think trolling like a douchebag is providing factual evidence. Ah, Kentucky.

Well, when....the Browns win, I hope these cincy trolls come back. Most all the time,

they hide, never to return.

Naturally, if they did win, then they come back to the site to smart off some more.

Squeeler fans are like that often. I say the Brown win.

I wasn't offended, and I don't ban anyone. I was just being semantical toward someone who had a very weak take.

You can smak all you want, just don't be lame and feckless with it.

Browns have the most delusional fanbase ever... You guys win one game and all of a sudden you're playoff bound.

Bengals 31

Poop Stains 17

See what I mean by lame? Really? Modell the Savior? You think that gets our goat? To be the Savior he will need to become the second Jew to be resurrected.

So you admit your whole fair weather fanbase is rooting for a cheap carbon copy of the Cleveland Browns?

Actually, the Bengals were created out of spite for the owner of the Browns, since Paul Brown was a little pissed. The Carbon Copy as you put it, would be the team there now, a carbon copy of the team in Baltimore. Just tossing that out.

As for the rest of the nonsense in here.

To my fellow Bengals fans, WTF! There is coming to the board of an opponent to talk a little friendly smack and football, and then...well then there is some really dumbass trolling.

As to the matter of Green vs Gordon. Gordon is a solid wideout, looks to have potential, but AJ has 2 seasons already over 1000 yards, Gordon is in year 2, let's give it a few more seasons before comparing Gordon to Moss as I saw earlier.

So this Sunday prediction, it's an AFC north game, which means anything can and usually will happen. One thing I'd say for certain is it will not be a blow out, even if the final score looks a little more lopsided then the game really was.

Well, when....the Browns win, I hope these cincy trolls come back. Most all the time,

they hide, never to return.

Naturally, if they did win, then they come back to the site to smart off some more.

Squeeler fans are like that often. I say the Brown win.

We come here because of the collective effort by Steeler, Ravens and Bengals fans to run all of you turds out of the Bengals Smack Talk forum.. Its not as fun as it used to be with out the Browns fans to pick on..

Personally I come here because I like "slumming it" every once in a while..

hey i root for all ohio teams, except when they play my hometown teams.

i like most on here though, don't ever go to other fans' forums and go there and troll and start fights.

i guess all you little puds are about 13 and live out back in a tent right next to your bathroom/shithole and go into the mobile home once a day to get on your gateway 3000 and talk shit to whomever you decide to frustrate that day.

great job kid.

now go get your shine box.

looks like the unemployed Cincinnati fans made an appearance. If you looking for advice on marrying a sibling or welfare fraud visit steelersfever, just ask for vagitron.

haven't heard from him since the 0-3 start. know he won't be around when they go 0-4.

cincy fans will disappear very quickly after their loss on sunday.

too bad we have to deal with them one more time this year.

wondering which foes' fans will be the most disturbing?

probably chicago when their record is 14 and 0.

haven't heard from him since the 0-3 start. know he won't be around when they go 0-4.

cincy fans will disappear very quickly after their loss on sunday.

too bad we have to deal with them one more time this year.

wondering which foes' fans will be the most disturbing?

probably chicago when their record is 14 and 0.

Yeah he is probably too busy putting out all the fires and talking up all of the great draft picks they have made lately.

OMG Erie Dawg, your sig is EPIC!

Okay in all seriousness.. even Brown fans have to admit that winning 37-13 is way over the top! It's going to be a great game and while I agree that Cinci has been very "bi-polar", I think they get it done.

It'll be a close, tough game.. these divisional games usually are. One team is on the cusp and needs to prove that it can beat the teams it should beat and hang with the elite teams. The other just had its franchise player traded and they have something to prove.

Let's just hope neither teams suffer any crazy injuries and both teams can go into week 5 healthy. We still need BOTH Cinci and Cleveland to beat up on Baltimore & Pittsburgh.

We come here because of the collective effort by Steeler, Ravens and Bengals fans to run all of you turds out of the Bengals Smack Talk forum.. Its not as fun as it used to be with out the Browns fans to pick on..

Personally I come here because I like "slumming it" every once in a while..

Nope, I've never been to any of those. I have heard that a few of us have, but they got booted off pretty quick.

Our mods, however, are pretty solid - they are very tolerant of fair weather fools.... We'll see how many of you present cincy fans

come back after the Browns win Sunday.

I dont know

Indians 90-70

Reds 90-70

about the same as your Indians I guess...

Try again dooshwad.

I wasn't trying to insult, I was trying to change the conversation away from these fifth-grade insults.

Forget it. There hasn't been one intelligent Bengal fan that I've seen that's even attempted to make legitimate conversation.

Go fuck your sisters, you toothless inbred hillbilly fucks.

Y'all come back now, ya' reckon'

Meanwhile,

Mingo is said by Chud to really be learning and progressing in the pro game.

This is going to be interesting, just watching Mingo. Our defense is pretty much buttkicking.

Okay, so we still need another blue chip cb on the flip side...getting there, though.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/28/rob-chudzinski-barkevious-mingo-has-really-improved/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

hey i root for all ohio teams, except when they play my hometown teams.

i like most on here though, don't ever go to other fans' forums and go there and troll and start fights.

i guess all you little puds are about 13 and live out back in a tent right next to your bathroom/shithole and go into the mobile home once a day to get on your gateway 3000 and talk shit to whomever you decide to frustrate that day.

great job kid.

now go get your shine box.

A couple were bragging they had Double Wides.

lightning strikes twice..... I mean it's happened at least a few times since the creation on the world.... Go Dawgs! I put Browns Duck Tape on the shit mobile two weeks ago and what happend? They won! Maybe I should put some on my toilet... Superbowl!

Archived