THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns - Bengals Game

flyingfooldoug

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trust me, Clevelanders know how shitty their uniforms are. In fact, this messagebaord almost always has an active uniform thread filled with bright young puppy faces practically begging for a fresh update.

Fact is, plain clothed Clevelanders spend hours and hours fantasizing about the day when they can toss off the tired trappings of a past few of them remember. But sadly, whenever modern times are debated there's always a loud blowback from the grizzled old fucks who are on a fixed income and simply can't afford to buy new fanboy gear.

There are a few uniform faggots that clutter up this board fantasizing on how cool some new uniforms might look. It's football, not a damn fashion show.

Hey Browns fans, how about them Dayton Triangles?

Damn right- The first ever NFL game was right here in beautiful Dayton.

8507093091_e8d484b21c_z.jpg

Sir, you may not call anybody a Clevelatuckian. That belongs to Southern Ohio... where I went to college and still have tons of family. And learned to eat chicken gizzards and greens. I'm saying it's red down there but it's part of who I am and I love them.

That said... love Marvin Lewis really singling out DQJ as one of the must unheralded truly great players in the NFL. Two Pro Bowl Alts, it's time to put the guy in all the way. He's been one of the best ILBs in the league for some time now.

A little history on the Triangles.

Due to being from Dayton they were one of the teams eventually (perhaps the last team) finally phased out of the NFL due to limited fan draws. They were a traveling team that played mostly (if not entirely away games). They hired primarily players from the Dayton area and couldn't compete with the larger talent draws other teams were acquiring.

I'd be pretty happy if any league in the US could have teams more like the Triangles. Imagine rooting for the Browns if they could only acquire people with an Ohio Pedigree. Those are big pluses for me with Chud and Hoyer. It was a plus for me with Quinn before he turned up talentless. It is also the issue we have with Bernie constantly talking about the U or Holmgren with his Seattle lovefest.

Wouldn't have any issues with guys not wanting to play in Cleveland, unless they prefer Cinci. Too bad the Triangles folded 50 years before I was born. For all the trouble Dayton had supporting the Triangles, the Dayton Dragons have one of the most loyal fanbases in the country.

Trust me, Clevelanders know how shitty their uniforms are. In fact, this messagebaord almost always has an active uniform thread filled with bright young puppy faces practically begging for a fresh update.

Fact is, plain clothed Clevelanders spend hours and hours fantasizing about the day when they can toss off the tired trappings of a past few of them remember. But sadly, whenever modern times are debated there's always a loud blowback from the grizzled old fucks who are on a fixed income and simply can't afford to buy new fanboy gear.

So? You are going to turn into one of those uniform fags, eh? When do you make your appearance on Project Runway?

The Dayton Trianges never won a title...unless you buy the theory that there is an evolutionary line from the Triangles to the current Colts franchise:

http://www.daytontriangles.com/toindianapolis.htm

So, if we ignore the fact that you may be obtuse, it is highly possible for you to learn a little history lesson.

There are a few uniform faggots that clutter up this board fantasizing on how cool some new uniforms might look. It's football, not a damn fashion show.

I agree, and I think many Brownie fans would do well to remember that the next time they feel the desire to take a shot at my teams beloved uniforms and colors. Granted, the Bengals uniforms are not above criticism, but when you guys do it using angry piss and shit covered words each and everyone of you end up sounding like the very "pussy faggots" you often mock.

Thus, I mock you and I declare you to be pinheaded.

Damn right- The first ever NFL game was right here in beautiful Dayton.

8507093091_e8d484b21c_z.jpg

That's awesome.

And you say Gipper was actually there that day? Wow.

BTW, you guys should put up a monument sign somewhere on the highway that leads to Baltimore.

Have it say something like..."On this site the Cleveland Browns history was abandoned under a banner reading "Free Puppies"

Just add a bunch of random names and numbers to the bronze sign and nearby make sure there's a large flat surface for "pussy faggots" to place candles and offerings of Milk-Bones.

Of course there would be a downside as the site would almost certainly become a great place to abandon actual puppies.

Not to mention a great hangout place for kidnappers.

And Clevetuckians.

:huh:

BTW how fitting would it be if the site of your memorial was located in a truck stop?

Or how about a giant Stonehenge made out of moving vans?

Call it Gone-Henge.

You could even put Gone-Henge somewhere out in the boondocks and encourage the faithful to make a pilgramage of the pinheaded.

Tell 'em everyone has to walk to some distant sacred rock and pee on it.

Definition of a bengal......hybrid domestic "pussy" cat....look it up

Yup. One of the wildest breeds of domestic housecat. Descended from the Asian Leopard cat. Known to be sometimes loving & gentle and sometimes erratic. Purebreds will have entirely spotted bellies. No stribes tolerated on the softest of underbellies. Will bite, often, and for no damn good reason.

I've had one as a pet.

Named him Ki-Jana Catter after he did a kitten tumble off the couch and broke his front leg.

:wub:

He's dead now, of course.

I agree, and I think many Brownie fans would do well to remember that the next time they feel the desire to take a shot at my teams beloved uniforms and colors. Granted, the Bengals uniforms are not above criticism, but when you guys do it using angry piss and shit covered words each and everyone of you end up sounding like the very "pussy faggots" you often mock.

Thus, I mock you and I declare you to be pinheaded.

That's awesome.

And you say Gipper was actually there that day? Wow.

BTW, you guys should put up a monument sign somewhere on the highway that leads to Baltimore.

Have it say something like..."On this site the Cleveland Browns history was abandoned under a banner reading "Free Puppies"

Just add a bunch of random names and numbers to the bronze sign and nearby make sure there's a large flat surface for "pussy faggots" to place candles and offerings of Milk-Bones.

Of course there would be a downside as the site would almost certainly become a great place to abandon actual puppies.

Not to mention a great hangout place for kidnappers.

And Clevetuckians.

:huh:

BTW how fitting would it be if the site of your memorial was located in a truck stop?

Or how about a giant Stonehenge made out of moving vans?

Call it Gone-Henge.

You could even put Gone-Henge somewhere out in the boondocks and encourage the faithful to make a pilgramage of the pinheaded.

Tell 'em everyone has to walk to some distant sacred rock and pee on it.

In other words, what you are saying is that if in fact the Bengals ever produced any positive history, then everyone elses is free to completely forget about it and dismiss it 5 minutes after it has happened?

Not true, good sir.

Everything about the Bengals franchise is founded on positive history.

Consider, the Bengals franchise is located in the shadows of where Paul Brown first won football games while playing QB for a championship high school team.

Tell 'em Gip. Tell 'em about the Banty Rooster.

And then when you're done tell 'em how from the moment the Bengals franchise was founded, by Paul Brown, his legacy was transfered back to the area where his legend began. And where it ended.

Leaving behind a hollowed out husk o' history in Cleveland, soon to be known as Leaveland, and now known as Clevetucky, home of Truckstop Jimmy and his pilot Jay.

And another thing.

You're getting it wrong with all of that red-headed stepchild stuff.

The Bengals are Paul Brown's trophy wife.

Younger...flashier....prettier.

Set a record for expansion team success that stood for decades until the rules were changed.

Most wins by an expansion team. Quickest to earn a playoff berth.

Double badass.

Not true, good sir.

Consider, the Bengals franchise is located in the shadows of where Paul Brown first won football games while playing QB for a championship high school team.

And then when you're done tell 'em how from the moment the Bengals franchise was founded, by Paul Brown, his legacy was transfered back to the area where his legend began. And where it ended.

Leaving behind a hollowed out husk o' history in Cleveland, soon to be known as Leaveland, and now known as Clevetucky, home of Truckstop Jimmy and his pilot Jay.

And another thing.

Set a record for expansion team success that stood for decades until the rules were changed.

Double badass.

I for one do not give a rats ass where the bungholes came from. Most likely their daddies dick. And their Daddy would be the Cleveland Browns. Just another fact about the Browns on the Browns board. Go lick your pussy somewhere else dork.

Not true, good sir.

Paul Brown played for Massillon....which is up this way.

He went to Miami, Oh. for college...whichi is down that way.

Is that what you are talking about?

If you are referring to PB, I have never heard him called that.

His legend was made playing for Massillon, the playing at Miami, coaching for Massillon, coaching for Ohio St., then for the Great Lakes Academy in Chicago (where he first hooked up with Otto Graham), then here with the Browns, then lastly in Cinci. (though FYI, PB would have been happier if his new team were located in Columbus)

And another thing.

Double badass.

Really? What did the Browns do in their first 5 years of "Expansion"? Won 5 consecutive titles. Appeared in 11 title games in 12 years, winning 7.

Kinda hard to beat that expansion team.

Not true, good sir.

And another thing.

Double badass.

Dude, you're not clever, and getting worse at it all the time.

Kinda funny but this is something an old dog learned this morning. I looked up the definition of Bengal. A freaking kitty cat! It's a hybrid domestic breed of house cat Mild tempered and cute. So what's up with all that jungle bullshit? I'm thinking that litterbox would be much more appropriate.

A Bengal is a Bengal tiger. Come on, man.

Then it would be bengal tigers. Like Siberian tigers. To say Siberians is totally different. Run a search on bengals and see what they are. Hybrid domestic pussy cat. I would put the links in but this damn thing just sez fatal error anytime I try loading anything. But just check wiki.....I got a laugh out of that search

Paul Brown played for Massillon....which is up this way.

He went to Miami, Oh. for college...whichi is down that way.

Is that what you are talking about?

Coached in Columbus....which is in the middle.

Coached at the Naval Acadamy...which is who knows where. Probably north.

Coached in Cleveland...which is in the north.

Betrayed in Cleveland...which is in the north.

Founded NFL franchise in Cincy....which is in the south.

Head coached NFL franchise in Cincy....which is in the south.

Gave birth to the WCO before retiring in Cincy...which is in the south.

Named Grand Poobah until death in Cincy....which is in the south.

Paul Brown Stadium constructed in Cincy...which is in the south.

Point being, Paul Brown played, coached, founded, and owned in many locations. Cleveland claims him as their own, but of all the places Brown coached it was Cleveland who betrayed him most. Most unforgivable, after firing him they betrayed him further by calling him too old and claimed the game had passed him by. Cast their lot with Modell, a pinhead mafioso in a camelhair coat. Watched as Paul Brown's earliest Bengal teams reacted to the loss of a franchise QB by giving birth to what would become known as the WCO, an offensive innovation that would revolutionize football for the next 25 years.

Panthera tigris tigris.

How can you not love that?

Guest mrgiggles

Man guise, those bengals look tough this year! You really think we can pull off this? I mean yo, they took down mr rodgers, and worthlessburger! How are we going to stop them guise?

Guest mrgiggles

I for one do not give a rats ass where the bungholes came from. Most likely their daddies dick. And their Daddy would be the Cleveland Browns. Just another fact about the Browns on the Browns board. Go lick your pussy somewhere else dork.

Wow, let's be nice to the visitors. Afterall, we do have the same daddy.

Are the Miami dolphins named after mahi mahi fish then, do you think?

Are the bears named after wooly bears?

Bears, Dolphins and Bengals, amongst many others, are named after actual things.

But Gip tells me the Browns are named to honor a very specific person, but they're not sure who.

Actually, everyone knows who they're named for.

It's the guy who founded the Bengals

Archived