THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns - Bengals Game

flyingfooldoug

We'll see if the copycats can come back home to the motherland and win or if they get spanked by daddy again. Either way you suck as badly as a poster as the Bengals do at coming up with their own franchise colors or having a culture or identity. I feel sorry for you having to root for them. A couple of half decent years where they barely made the playoffs and lost and you think they've had some kind of success. Geez. Talk about blinders.

The Bengals have...zero...NFL...championships...no amount of shit talking will erase that fact

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See you keep saying that as if I care haha. Our team is way better than yours. How about you focus on how badly you shit is gonna get rocked come sunday? Also were fine with the blackouts, thanks for asking. Every game will be sold out. I bet the browns fans are just praying to get a few of theirs blacked out this year so they don't have to watch that shitty excuse for an nfl team every sunday.

No, we are just wondering if you call those stripes, Tabby Lines or Pussy stripes? There aare a number of football teams that have a very similar uni to the Browns. Nobody wants the Buttholes style.....The best they have is this die hard fan and he's 20. God bless you son. But you are doing your team more harm than good here. Have fun but remember, I'm older, listen....don't put faith in a ginger. They have no soul. My wife goes to her holy water every time she sees one. You will be facing every Saint, Holy water and scripture that the Church has because you guys have that fucking ginger asshole for QB

God I am so fucking glad I'm not you lol. Having to be a spiteful old man with a dick that doesn't work living in a shitty city with a shitty football team.

Dick works fine...ask momma. Just because peeing on you didn't make you grow doesn't mean my dick don't work. And for the record, my dick is so big that it has it's own dick. And it's dick is bigger than yours!

We'll see if the copycats can come back home to the motherland and win or if they get spanked by daddy again. Either way you suck as badly as a poster as the Bengals do at coming up with their own franchise colors or having a culture or identity. I feel sorry for you having to root for them. A couple of half decent years where they barely made the playoffs and lost and you think they've had some kind of success. Geez. Talk about blinders.

The Bengals have...zero...NFL...championships...no amount of shit talking will erase that fact

And in the modern superbowl era the browns have none either. Have fun putting all your eggs in the "we won championships before I was even born!" basket. None of us really give a fuck. At least the Bengals have potential to win one soon. How many experts had the browns making or winning the superbowl? None, I'll tell you that much for free. Meanwhile the Bengals have been a popular pick. Does that mean anything? No, not really. But it shows that the tide has changed. The browns are irrelevant to everybody outside cleveland. The bengals have the nations attention. Whose your daddy now?

And in the modern superbowl era the browns have none either. Have fun putting all your eggs in the "we won championships before I was even born!" basket. None of us really give a fuck. At least the Bengals have potential to win one soon. How many experts had the browns making or winning the superbowl? None, I'll tell you that much for free. Meanwhile the Bengals have been a popular pick. Does that mean anything? No, not really. But it shows that the tide has changed. The browns are irrelevant to everybody outside cleveland. The bengals have the nations attention. Whose your daddy now?

You can't be mine. Momma swallowed the asshole kids.

Dick works fine...ask momma. Just because peeing on you didn't make you grow doesn't mean my dick don't work. And for the record, my dick is so big that it has it's own dick. And it's dick is bigger than yours!

Did I just get a your mom joke from a 70 year old? Jesus christ you're even more immature than I first thought hahahaha

American idol is popular too. That doesnt make it good. The browns will always ALWAYS be your team's daddy.

Nobody cares about your championships from back when there were like 12 teams. How have y'all done in the superbowl era?You know, the one people actually care about?

The Bengals have done nothing so wherever youre trying to go with this is destined to failure. Much like the bungles in the first round of the playoffs.

Well guys, its been fun. I'm gonna take off for now. Maybe I'll come back to tell you that the Browns suck and Cleveland is a shitty city once more before the game, but I think you all know that. I'll definitely be back to rub it in when the Bengals burn the Browns to the ground. For now, I'll leave you with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DoZzgAjjuqZM&app=desktop

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you can't possibly be serious. The bengals are better in literally every facet of the game.

But that's why they play the game anyway. Except for maybe the season Palmer was injured and out, the Bengals have had a better roster for the past 10 years but the Browns have still been able to win in 4 of those seasons incuding against a playoff bound team last year.

Hahahahahaha just because he's had a couple good games and is the only person who can catch the ball on your team doesn't mean he's the next Jimmy Graham. Eifert hasn't put up huge stats because of all the weapons we have, but he's done very well when given opportunities. Had a 60+ yard catch against Pitt and was very good against the bears. Gresham is prone to the occasional fuck up, but is way more talented than Cameron in nearly every facet.

What this says to me is that you haven't actually watched any of the browns games this year, because if you had you would have damn sure noticed that Cameron is legit. I'd say Gresham has the edge at blocking but that's about it. I think you'll recognize come Sunday afternoon......

Browns 20

Bengals 17

Here's how I see it:

>>> equals large advantage

>>moderate

>slight (noticeable)

Dalton>>>Hoyer or Weeden

Gio and BJGE>>>McGahee and Rainey

AJ Green>>Josh Gordan

Mo Sanu>Greg "Butterfingers" Little

Eifert and Gresh>>Cameron and Barnidge

Whitworth<Thomas

Boling>Greco

Cook<<Mack

Zeitler>>>Lavaua

Smith>>Schwartz

You really can't compare the front 7 based on position as they are so different. Both teams are good, personally I would take the Bengals based on last year's production and the game changing ability they showed against GB.

Hall<Haden

Newman>Skrine

Nelson>>>Gipson

Iloka<<<Ward

Bengals win 27-6

Put the shit down!!! Its clearly got your brain all fucked up!!

Thomas only gets a slight edge over Whitworth!?!? WTF...... I'm gonna be lol'ing in my sleep over this shit........ I just pointed out the obviously flawed one but there's a few more that had WTF written all over it.....I understand being a homer, but please reserve that dumb shit for a Cinci board!

HEADS UP

Culture Blooms in Cleveland
HEADSUP-articleLarge.jpg
Frank Lanza/Cleveland Museum of Art

On the first Friday of each month, the atrium of the Cleveland Museum of Art holds Mix at CMA, with activities geared toward young crowds. Here, Mix: Americana.

By CEIL MILLER BOUCHET

Published: July 18, 2013

Build it and they will come. This seems to be the mantra of University Circle, a neighborhood in Cleveland that is experiencing a cultural renaissance. The revival, anchored by the refurbished galleries and stunning atrium of the Cleveland Museum of Art, includes the new home of the Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA).

Connect With Us on Twitter
travel-twitter-avatar-thumbStandard.jpg

Follow@nytimestravel for tips, features and photography from all over the globe.

More art-centric expansion is to come, with the Cleveland Institute of Art breaking ground last month on a 80,000-square-foot George Gund Building, which will house the Cinematheque art-house film theater as well as galleries and classrooms.

University Circle, one of only two Cleveland neighborhoods with both job and population growth of late, has long been home to many of the city’s cultural gems. Planners, in fact, developed the area on the city’s east side in the mid-1800s as a cultural counterpoint to the thriving downtown business district, setting aside land for institutions that would merge into Case Western Reserve University.

By the 1980s, dilapidated Gilded Age mansions had been replaced by, among other buildings, the sprawling Cleveland Clinic, the renowned hospital complex covering 10 city blocks along Euclid Avenue. However, cultural institutions like the Cleveland Museum of Art, the Cleveland Botanical Garden and Severance Hall, home to the Cleveland Orchestra, remain around the campuslike parkland of Wade Oval.

On a Friday evening last winter, the atrium at the Cleveland Museum of Art (11150 East Boulevard; 216-421-7350; clevelandart.org) pulsed with life. The soaring glass-and-steel structure, which opened last October, links the institution’s two buildings — one neo-Classical and the other modern — creating a vast enclosed public space; a kind of town square for the arts.

The museum had more than a half million visitors during the past year. On this evening, it attracted an eclectic crowd of art aficionados, some enticed, perhaps, by the free general admission.

“This is so cool,” one young woman was overheard telling her date near a Caravaggio as she surveyed the lofty, luminous Baroque gallery, which used to be an indoor garden. A mother and a wide-eyed toddler emerged from Martin Creed’s temporary installation, “Work No. 956: Half the air in a given space,” after wading through a gallery stuffed with 20,000 purple helium-filled balloons.

Elizabeth Denton Spencer, an event planner who moved to Cleveland from Boston, perhaps put it best: “I used to think the museum was a mini-Metropolitan but now, with the renovations, it’s in a class of its own.”

The same thing could be said about the museum’s stylish new atrium restaurant and lounge, Provenance (216-707-2600). Douglas Katz, one of the region’s most respected chefs, finds inspiration for his locally sourced seasonal menu selections from museum objects and exhibitions. A Peruvian menu, for example, accompanied an Andean textile exhibit.

The museum’s atrium scene heats up with younger-oriented programming on the first Friday of each month, called Mix at CMA. The August Mix, called “Caliente,” will feature Latin music and dance. Mix evenings regularly draw more than a thousand revelers for art, wine and fun, said the museum’s communications manager, Caroline Guscott.

The neighborhood’s Uptown district, along a once dilapidated stretch of Euclid Avenue, also has been revitalized. The main draw here, MOCA Cleveland (11400 Euclid Avenue; 216-421-8671; mocacleveland.org), reopened last October, a startling new sight on Euclid Avenue and Mayfield Road. Jutting up from the busy corner like a massive mirrored steel jewel, it reflects both the urban landscape and changing sky. The first commission in the United States for Farshid Moussavi, an Iranian-born architect who works in London, the building has four stories of galleries anchored by a monumental central staircase.

On summer evenings, patrons of new food spots and bars between MOCA and the soon-to-be-expanded Cleveland Institute of Art spill outside onto the sidewalk cafe area across from Toby’s Plaza, inaugurated last fall and named after Toby Lewis, a local philanthropist.

With all the cultural ferment, a T-shirt for sale at the homey Coffee House on the Case Western campus didn’t seem as far-fetched as it once might have. Emblazoned across it: Cleveland Is My Paris.

A version of this article appeared in print on July 21, 2013, on page TR4 of the New York edition with the headline: A City That Can’t Get Enough Art.

That's probably one good reason why you aren't an nfl gm.

Well, the GM of the Browns decided to pass on Julio Jones at the spot where they were picking. And with the acquisition of Gordon....who is just as good or better, I have no problems with the decisions of that NFL GM.

Rodgers release is among the quickest in the nfl and he has the weapons to get open. The Bengals line swatted 3 passes of his on the last drive alone. An analyst on nfl network said that he hadn't had 2 passes swatted during a full game all of last season. They intercepted him twice, which is the first time that's happened in a long while as well. They contained him, that's the point. Sacks aren't the end all be all. But congrats on taking advantage of the deer in the headlights qb known as Christian Ponder.

Well, prior to that the Browns played a team that is now 3-0, and the defending Super Bowl Champions. I am not sure what we are arguing about...who has had the tougher schedule to date? I would say they have had a fairly equally tough schedule.

You've played the dolphins (14th pass offense 28th run), vikings (20th and 25th) and the ravens (24th and 13th) offense. Congrats on having better stats against shitty offenses. We played the packers (3rd and 10th) and bears (top 5 scoring offense) Even the lowly steelers have a top ten passing game. Wait until the browns start playing good teams and getting blown out, like usual.

Lets see, the Browns have played the 0-3 Vikings (0-3 because we beat them), the 3-0 Dolphins and the 2-1 Ravens

Bengals have played the 0-3 Steelers, the 1-2 Packers and the 3-0 Bears. Sounds like a fairly evenly matched schedule to date to me.

Nobody cares about your championships from back when there were like 12 teams. How have y'all done in the superbowl era?You know, the one people actually care about?

Again, I have to provide a lesson to an idiot.

NO titles count except the last one and the next one. Why should anyone "care" any more about a title won in 2011 than one one in 1920. There is no more relevence to the more recent ones than to the very old ones except for the one belonging to the reigning champion. The 2011 NFL winner was the New York Giants. Well whoopdeefuckingdoo. They are now 0-3 and getting blasted.

Remembering that title is of no more concern than remembering the 1920 Akron Pros title...the first ever NFL title.

I bet you didn't even know that.

I believe it is important to KNOW the history of pro football....but not to be deluded into thinking that it is at all relevent to today's action....for if history really mattered then no one on Earth would give the Bengals a chance to win a title because they have been overall pathetic...historically. But I do give them a chance, here, now, today.

So, maybe you should give a care to history.....after all, your team may now be making it.

Congrats on the boundless creativity your designers must have. Truth be told, the browns have the shittiest unis in the league.....

Trust me, Clevelanders know how shitty their uniforms are. In fact, this messagebaord almost always has an active uniform thread filled with bright young puppy faces practically begging for a fresh update.

Fact is, plain clothed Clevelanders spend hours and hours fantasizing about the day when they can toss off the tired trappings of a past few of them remember. But sadly, whenever modern times are debated there's always a loud blowback from the grizzled old fucks who are on a fixed income and simply can't afford to buy new fanboy gear.

Archived