THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns - Bengals Game

flyingfooldoug

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It hurts me to see Fitzgerald wasting away in AZ...

2 games of the pre season as a precaution since we didn't need him or want to risk it. Seriously, it's the fucking pre season.

Point was that he was injured...try to stay on point.

Green also missed a game in 2011 due to a hyperextended knee. Was it the same "rarely injured" one?

C'mon man, Julio is the obvious choice. Proven, no huge character issues or a looming year long suspension, he's the clear choice. Believe it.

OK, absent the issues over drugs, I would NOT trade Gordon even up for Jones right now.

And the fact that they held Aaron Rodgers, the best QB in the league (besides maybe Peyton) to a rating of 64.5 just a bit over 200 yards and a TD while picking him off twice is a testament to it. I can understand you underestimating the Bengals D since you didnt watch it, but you really should. They put on a show outside of the third quarter.

Isn't sacking the QB part of the show? The Browns got 6 sacks vs. Minn. Whatever you may say about Rodgers, the Packers O Line isn't any better than the Vikings.

Green also missed a game in 2011 due to a hyperextended knee. Was it the same "rarely injured" one?

Different knee actually. And oh no, he missed two pre season games. Really kills our season. Megatron missed a couple too, guess he's super injury prone

C'mon man, Julio is the obvious choice. Proven, no huge character issues or a looming year long suspension, he's the clear choice. Believe it.

OK, absent the issues over drugs, I would NOT trade Gordon even up for Jones right now.

And the fact that they held Aaron Rodgers, the best QB in the league (besides maybe Peyton) to a rating of 64.5 just a bit over 200 yards and a TD while picking him off twice is a testament to it. I can understand you underestimating the Bengals D since you didnt watch it, but you really should. They put on a show outside of the third quarter.

Isn't sacking the QB part of the show? The Browns got 6 sacks vs. Minn. Whatever you may say about Rodgers, the Packers O Line isn't any better than the Vikings.

That's probably one good reason why you aren't an nfl gm.

Rodgers release is among the quickest in the nfl and he has the weapons to get open. The Bengals line swatted 3 passes of his on the last drive alone. An analyst on nfl network said that he hadn't had 2 passes swatted during a full game all of last season. They intercepted him twice, which is the first time that's happened in a long while as well. They contained him, that's the point. Sacks aren't the end all be all. But congrats on taking advantage of the deer in the headlights qb known as Christian Ponder.

Seriously, I hate to side with a Bungles fan, but Julio Jones is way more injury prone than Green. End of story. You can't ever admit that you are wrong.

all i know is i saw a e:60 report on AJ Green and what he went through in HS when his coach (who was also a fireman) died in a fire. the team dedicated the season to him and ebded up winning the championship.

the kid is nothing but a class act, which is why it amazes me how he could thrive on a team full of convicts.

all i know is i saw a e:60 report on AJ Green and what he went through in HS when his coach (who was also a fireman) died in a fire. the team dedicated the season to him and ebded up winning the championship.

the kid is nothing but a class act, which is why it amazes me how he could thrive on a team full of convicts.

Name one player who could be classified as a "convict" other than Pacman. Before you say Burfict, I'll tell you his record is clean and he has been a stud here too. Exactly what we needed at LB.

I'll agree that Green is a class act though. Epitome of everything you want in a football player.

The 3rd quarter... you mean when Rodgers found his rhythm?

Saw a good bit of your game and my honest impression was that GB lost the game.

Cinci has a good D... not saying otherwise, but I will take our aggregate front 7 over yours any day of the week and especially this coming Sunday. We are deeper and our LB's are both faster and more athletic. Line-wise... Your Geno is a great DT, but our Phillip was born to play NT. Whatever Kyle Cook makes, he'll be under-payed this Sunday. I'm more than happy to go thru a full, position by position comparison with you, if you'd like.

DB's may be a different story, but we are healthy and your corners are dinged... and healthy plus Haden (plus an improving Skrine) just may be enough.

Offensively, I love Gio... spotted him in pre-season. We had a Gio-ish back, but unfortunately his leg is in a cast now. Our new, 1st round draft pick won't get many carries this Sunday, but our trio of Rainey-McGahee-Ogbo should be enough to keep y'all honest.

FYI... you have two of my 2011 Browns Mock on your squad... Zeitler and Marv Jones... liked them both coming out of school and they seem to be developing... especially Jones.

More later...

Seriously, I hate to side with a Bungles fan, but Julio Jones is way more injury prone than Green. End of story. You can't ever admit that you are wrong.

Then don't... simply fuck off...

The 3rd quarter... you mean when Rodgers found his rhythm?

Saw a good bit of your game and my honest impression was that GB lost the game.

Cinci has a good D... not saying otherwise, but I will take our aggregate front 7 over yours any day of the week and especially this coming Sunday. We are deeper and our LB's are both faster and more athletic. Line-wise... Your Geno is a great DT, but our Phillip was born to play NT. Whatever Kyle Cook makes, he'll be under-payed this Sunday. I'm more than happy to go thru a full, position by position comparison with you, if you'd like.

DB's may be a different story, but we are healthy and your corners are dinged... and healthy plus Haden (plus an improving Skrine) just may be enough.

Offensively, I love Gio... spotted him in pre-season. We had a Gio-ish back, but unfortunately his leg is in a cast now. Our new, 1st round draft pick won't get many carries this Sunday, but our trio of Rainey-McGahee-Ogbo should be enough to keep y'all honest.

FYI... you have two of my 2011 Browns Mock on your squad... Zeitler and Marv Jones... liked them both coming out of school and they seem to be developing... especially Jones.

More later...

So he found his rhythm then suddenly lost it in the 4th? You're trying way too hard to discredit the Bengals defense lol. The Bengals are all around a better team. It's hard to compare a 3-4 and a 4-3 upfront since they are so different as far as the core concepts, but to compare Phil Taylor to Geno is asinine. Geno is an all pro and the modern day Warren Sapp. Taylor is good, but he's not that good. I'll take Michael Johnson, Carlos Dunlap and Gilberry (eventually Margus Hunt) over Mingo, Kruger and Sheard any day. Peko is also one of the most underrated DTs in the league. As far as linebackers, Burfict is a fucking stud, Rey is much improved and Harrison has done what the coaches wanted him to do and has added a needed fire to the team as well as Rey and Burfict. I'll take our front 7 over any in the league.

And the injuries in the secondary are all very minor. They'll be more than ready.

And GB didn't lose the game. The Bengals took it. Most experts agree with that. Aaron Rodgers doesn't just throw away games like that.

Here's how I see it:

>>> equals large advantage

>>moderate

>slight (noticeable)

Dalton>>>Hoyer or Weeden

Gio and BJGE>>>McGahee and Rainey

AJ Green>>Josh Gordan

Mo Sanu>Greg "Butterfingers" Little

Eifert and Gresh>>Cameron and Barnidge

Whitworth<Thomas

Boling>Greco

Cook<<Mack

Zeitler>>>Lavaua

Smith>>Schwartz

You really can't compare the front 7 based on position as they are so different. Both teams are good, personally I would take the Bengals based on last year's production and the game changing ability they showed against GB.

Hall<Haden

Newman>Skrine

Nelson>>>Gipson

Iloka<<<Ward

Bengals win 27-6

So he found his rhythm then suddenly lost it in the 4th? You're trying way too hard to discredit the Bengals defense lol. The Bengals are all around a better team. It's hard to compare a 3-4 and a 4-3 upfront since they are so different as far as the core concepts, but to compare Phil Taylor to Geno is asinine. Geno is an all pro and the modern day Warren Sapp. Taylor is good, but he's not that good. I'll take Michael Johnson, Carlos Dunlap and Gilberry (eventually Margus Hunt) over Mingo, Kruger and Sheard any day. Peko is also one of the most underrated DTs in the league. As far as linebackers, Burfict is a fucking stud, Rey is much improved and Harrison has done what the coaches wanted him to do and has added a needed fire to the team as well as Rey and Burfict. I'll take our front 7 over any in the league.

And the injuries in the secondary are all very minor. They'll be more than ready.

And GB didn't lose the game. The Bengals took it. Most experts agree with that. Aaron Rodgers doesn't just throw away games like that.

So, how much you got on this game? It sounds to me like you are trying to convince yourself that you have it won. Yet you know the adage of...any given sunday and are afraid of losing your money. I have a history of following my team since 1962 and watched their last championship victory. That was a time when the kittens weren't even a sperm count. Never heard of you damn team until the 70s and then it was either wacky or icky and I didn't give two shits about em then and don't now. Betting the bungles???..Now I've heard it all...hahahahahahahahahahahahohohohohohohohohehehehehehehehehahahahahaha...and no...

So, how much you got on this game? It sounds to me like you are trying to convince yourself that you have it won. Yet you know the adage of...any given sunday and are afraid of losing your money. I have a history of following my team since 1962 and watched their last championship victory. That was a time when the kittens weren't even a sperm count. Never heard of you damn team until the 70s and then it was either wacky or icky and I didn't give two shits about em then and don't now. Betting the bungles???..Now I've heard it all...hahahahahahahahahahahahohohohohohohohohehehehehehehehehahahahahaha...and no...

I didn't say any of that lol. And trust me, we do have it won. You all are so delusional its actually funny.

Here's why it isn't clear-cut to me:

1. Both teams have been brutal against the run. Wash it away.

2. Hoyer V. Dalton? Does anybody really know yet? Is there anything Dalton can do Hoyer can't? Would it be all that stunning if they both played well... or not? Do we think one is truly one of the greats and the other just complete garbage? Nah. Anything could happen here. Hoyer gets more reps, gets more comfortable, and plays at home... he could have a great game.

3. I think the Browns have the most gifted left tackle and pass rusher on the field. And we have more pass rushers. After the quarterback himself, rattling the quarterback is next most important.

4. Yes, any GM would take A.J. over Josh. But if you watched both games, do you doubt that either is a fairly magnificent talent? Or that both teams feature a wide receiver who can beat just about anybody? Let's see as the season goes on if it seems silly to compare them.

Pretty solid post save for the bolded part.

Then again, why quibble? The Browns defense is good enough to win games and Gips right about one thing. The Bengals are Bi-Polar. It's in their DNA and it's been on display as recently as last week. But there's the rub because by definition the Bengals have wild swings of undiscipined mistake prone play to go along with the swings of occasionaly brilliant play on both sides of the ball. Catch 'em when they're on and you're in for a bad day. Catch 'em when they're not and they're likely to hand one to you. Just ask the Bears.

My take? Bengal fans have every reason to be confident, and Brown fans have every reason to believe the better team is vulnerable. And especially nagging for me is the fact that Lewis and Zimmer have a very long and mostly poor record when facing rookie or backup QB's precisely because they turn down the blitzing and dare average QB's to beat max protection. In fact, the less experience a QB has the more Lewis and Zimmer seem to dial it back. So even if your QB is a blank slate, like Hoyer seems to be, Lewis and Zimmer have a history of daring a mediocre QB to beat them, and far too many have done just that.

Plenty of other reasons why the Bengals might lose. First game at home since you're latest rebirth, right? That's got to count for something. Plus, players like Gordon are capable of making big plays at any given moment, and he has to be motivated to prove to the world he's not the druggie his record says he is. Oh, and here's one more. The Bengals special teams have been outstanding for years, but they're still adjusting to fairly extensive turnover.

That said, I know which way I'd bet, which of course I can never actually do with a Brown fan again....'cause you're all liars, pricks, retrobates, booger eaters, and pinheads.

Furnier proved it.

It looks like most of the player match ups are fairly close. It will come down to the coaching staff that has a better game plan and can make the right adjustments. Chud coached the pants off Frazier last week. I've never heard Marvin and coaching guru used in the same sentence before and he has been coaching for a long time. Chud calls it better and leaves Marvin starvin.

It looks like most of the player match ups are fairly close. It will come down to the coaching staff that has a better game plan and can make the right adjustments. Chud coached the pants off Frazier last week. I've never heard Marvin and coaching guru used in the same sentence before and he has been coaching for a long time. Chud calls it better and leaves Marvin starvin.

Offensively the Browns only advantage is having the better LT and C. Bengals line as a unit is far superior and they outclass the Browns at every skill position. Most importantly, the Bengals have a proven Quarterback.

Offensively the Browns only advantage is having the better LT and C. Bengals line as a unit is far superior and they outclass the Browns at every skill position. Most importantly, the Bengals have a proven Quarterback.

Proven? at what? Playoffs? Shit, he hasn't really done a damn thing for you guys. You put high hopes on a soul less ginger and are gonna end up worse off than DC on their choice of RG3

Proven? at what? Playoffs? Shit, he hasn't really done a damn thing for you guys. You put high hopes on a soul less ginger and are gonna end up worse off than DC on their choice of RG3

Proven that he can make it to the playoffs and provide stability at the position. When's the last time you've had a three year starter? Or one that made the pro bowl as a rookie? Hate on Dalton all you want, but you know you would take him on the Browns in a second.

Proven that he can make it to the playoffs and provide stability at the position. When's the last time you've had a three year starter? Or one that made the pro bowl as a rookie? Hate on Dalton all you want, but you know you would take him on the Browns in a second.

Not me butt head. Not one ginger has ever won a title...ever! I mean it..he don't care and will never truly pan out because there is no soul in a ginger!

Except the entire defense. Ask gipper he'll post the numbers for you. The browns are better in every defensive stat. So, you know, suck it.

You've played the dolphins (14th pass offense 28th run), vikings (20th and 25th) and the ravens (24th and 13th) offense. Congrats on having better stats against shitty offenses. We played the packers (3rd and 10th) and bears (top 5 scoring offense) Even the lowly steelers have a top ten passing game. Wait until the browns start playing good teams and getting blown out, like usual.

Not me butt head. Not one ginger has ever won a title...ever! I mean it..he don't care and will never truly pan out because there is no soul in a ginger!

Way to ignore any and every logical or statistical point and make fun of someones hair color. Guess that's what being a browns fan does to a man.

No matter what you'll have to deal with the fact that your crappy fair weather franchise is nothing more than a copy of an older more storied franchise. Copied colors, copied uniforms and no history of success.Congratulations to you.

Didn't all of that history move on to Baltimore when the owner decided that Cleveland was a shitty place, filled with shitty fans and unfit to be the home of an NFL franchise?

With their shirts and caps on, a Browns fan, Bengals fan and a Lions fan were walking together down the street one afternoon. Turning a corner, there was the nude body of a woman lying there. Quickly the Lions guy puts his cap over her left breast. Almost as quick, the Browns guy puts his cap on her right breast and sez, "Lets get a cop!". The Bengals guy puts his cap on the poor gals crotch and sez, "Lets go" They quickly find a cop and return with him. He looks and stoops, picks up the Lions cap and returns it to the guy with the Lions shirt. Then he hands the Browns fan his cap but picking up the Bengals cap he got a puzzled look on his face, dropped the cap and scratched his head. The Bengals fans was concerned and asked if there was a problem. The cop said this.... "I don't know. Every time I ever saw a Bengals hat it always had an asshole under it"........GO BROWNS!!

Archived