THE BROWNS BOARD

Bungle Fans

Zombo

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I get it.

You flat out suck but you still have hope because other teams suck too.

The thing is, Browns fans like to mock the modest achievement that qualifying for the playoffs represents, but that modest achievement still remains the stuff of dreams around here.

In fact, if the Browns were to somehow back into the playoffs with a losing record you'd all lose your shit in a giddy display of circle jerking.

Funnier still, Brownstained fairweather fans like Furnier would suddenly reappear with dick in hand to join in the fun.

Remember when that team that flat out sucks dominated the bungles not in the eighties, but this very season? Do ya? What's that say about YOUR team?

Yeah, but wouldn't your everybody else is a fairweather fan rant play better if this board still had douchebags like Furnier around?

Truth is, the fairweather portion of the Brownie fanbase is already doing other things on Sunday morning.

And the reason they're not here today is because the Browns can't even manage a .500 record, nevermind qualify for a playoff game they might lose.

FWIW, I've met Furnier many times- he's as diehard a Browns fan as there is- maybe short of the two Brits who fly 3,700 miles from England to catch a Browns game every year. FWIW, Howie & G-Man don't post here much either. You measuring a guys fandom by how much he posts on a message board? Get lost. Doug happens to have a life, interests, and family outside of football.

That Fairweather Fanbase has essentially sold out Browns stadium every year even after 14 seasons of virtually uninterrupted suckitude, Two losing seasons and Paul Brown is a ghost town.

So you want to be creative in your free time in retirement, why not start a California Bengals Backers Club, and see if you get any takers.

Season isn't over yet Grover, so we'll see what happens. Lotsa luck beating the Broncos in Mile High come playoff time- all you'll need is an interception that puts you on their 10 yard line, block a punt for a TD, return a fumble for a TD, and have Peyton Manning pull a hamstring- no problem

Since 1968 the Bengals have had the same number of opportunities as the Browns to win a title....more actually, and have not done so. At least we have a string of titles on our ledger. You all got squadoosh. Ever.

Your knockoff team hasn't won shit, and the only link to earlier Brownie teams only serves to highlite how the only thing that remains from those days is little more than ephemera. In fact, the new Brownie franchise was created from scratch, bird droppings, and smoke. The Nuevo Browns were awarded draft positioning that totally ignored all previous connection to the earlier team, and was propped up by an expansion draft that no existing team has ever been allowed. Further, your new team was granted the rights to the old name and colors only because that brand had no meaning or value to marketplace the team had moved to. In fact, keeping the brand would have been a negative for Modell and his new partners so they made the decision to rebrand, leaving Cleveland to pick up the discarded laundry and promptly claim nothing had happened.

Nutshelled, what the Gippers and NFL marketing types of the world would have you believe is that it's possible to create from scratch a......(wait for it)........an old expansion team.

That smacks of bullshit, which is your biggest problem.

Your teams very core isn't a link to a glorious past, but rather......to marketing bullshit.

The Browns get more support from their fan base after like 14 years of losing than the Bengals get from their fan base even after 4-5 years of winning.

So the only thing you lack is a football team worthy of your support?

Yeah, I agree with that.

In fact, it's fun to say.

I saw more green in the stands Sunday than Orange and Black (that color scheme of that stadium is so godawful ugly) not to mention they were all booeing the fuck out of Daltons piece of shit throws. People were about to leave the stadium until Rumplestiltsken and the tooth fairy came out of Santa Clauses ass the 2nd qtr and granted the bungles 21 point

The tooth fairy had nothing to do with it.

Blame belongs to a Cleveland coaching staff.

And for that reason alone the Bengal victory wasn't a fluke.

Yeah, I get it.

You flat out suck but you still have hope because other teams suck too.

The thing is, Browns fans like to mock the modest achievement that qualifying for the playoffs represents, but that modest achievement still remains the stuff of dreams around here.

In fact, if the Browns were to somehow back into the playoffs with a losing record you'd all lose your shit in a giddy display of circle jerking.

Funnier still, Brownstained fairweather fans like Furnier would suddenly reappear with dick in hand to join in the fun.

As much as you talk about Furnier it makes me think that you want to wrap your lips around HIS dick.

As far as the playoffs is concerned...hell yes, any port in the storm. Its not over til its over. Until a team is mathematically eliminated you can always hope for the best. I don't think it is unusual after 10 games to have teams hovering around .500 to still be considered to be in the playoff hunt, though having all these 4-6 teams is a bit unusual.

I mean, just a couple of years ago a team that was 7-9 made it in. (crappy division).

But I recall the Browns one year making a wildcard when they were 8-8 (1985). They used that record as a stepping stone to have the best record in the conference the following year....only to lose the conference title game by utilizing the prevent defense to prevent victory vs. Elway in "The Drive" and then on a bad call by the refs on a FG. (Karlis missed)

Well, I have explained that and even bumped an earlier post that proved why I stepped out.

Besides, we're both aware that I didn't bother showing up here for 10 years...so it's not like we have a steady thing going.

But ignoring all that, I've never seen the names of any of the posters here on any Bengal board ever, which sort of begs the question..."How big of a pussbox are all of you?"

Seriously, do any of you ever leave the comfort of this womb-like board?

Well, I personally do not "troll". Why on earth should I?

Remember when that team that flat out sucks dominated the bungles not in the eighties, but this very season? Do ya? What's that say about YOUR team?

We've already discussed this.

The Bengals are bipolar.

In fact, that claim might be the only thing any of you have said that's actually true.

The bungles are just the junior browns. They have no identity. They're not worth us mentioning, usually. They're having a somewhat less than usually crappy year. Hoopity-doo-doo. You're trolling daddy's forums because cincinatti is such a worthless football town they're hardly even attending home games for a currently division leading team. What else is there?

Your knockoff team hasn't won shit, and the only link to earlier Brownie teams only serves to highlite how the only thing that remains from those days is little more than ephemera. In fact, the new Brownie franchise was created from scratch, bird droppings, and smoke. The Nuevo Browns were awarded draft positioning that totally ignored all previous connection to the earlier team, and was propped up by an expansion draft that no existing team has ever been allowed. Further, your new team was granted the rights to the old name and colors only because that brand had no meaning or value to marketplace the team had moved to. In fact, keeping the brand would have been a negative for Modell and his new partners so they made the decision to rebrand, leaving Cleveland to pick up the discarded laundry and promptly claim nothing had happened.

Nutshelled, what the Gippers and NFL marketing types of the world would have you believe is that it's possible to create from scratch a......(wait for it)........an old expansion team.

That smacks of bullshit, which is your biggest problem.

Your teams very core isn't a link to a glorious past, but rather......to marketing bullshit.

The franchise is the franchise. The fans are the fans. the history is the history. Just having a little hiccup in the 90s doesn't mean shit as far as the continuity/history of this team and this town..no matter how ignorant you are of those facts. Other teams have had ownership changes and that is all that has happened with the Browns.....a couple of ownership changes. It is really not much different than say the Patriots going through the likes of ownership changes from Billy Sullivan to Victor Kiam to James Orthwein to Bob Kraft.

So the only thing you lack is a football team worthy of your support?

Yeah, I agree with that.

In fact, it's fun to say.

They get our support whether they are worthy or not, yea, sure. That is what makes Browns fans the best, most loyal fans in football.

NO ONE would ever make that claim about the Bengal fanbase.

The bungles are just the junior browns. They have no identity. They're not worth us mentioning, usually. They're having a somewhat less than usually crappy year. Hoopity-doo-doo. You're trolling daddy's forums because cincinatti is such a worthless football town they're hardly even attending home games for a currently division leading team. What else is there?

Have they had blackouts down there?

The one thing they may have going for them is that US Senator Sherrod Brown (from Northeast Ohio....see, we are again doing you favors) is pushing for a rule eliminating blackouts, since so much public money goes into stadium financing. Makes sense.

What I don't know is if part of the proposal is that if a team accepts absolutely no public funding for their stadium whether or not they can maintain a blackout of their home games.

You measuring a guys fandom by how much he posts on a message board? Get lost.

Actually, I'll gently remind that it's you guys who are attempting to measure a persons fandom by how often he posts. Hell, it's about all you guys ever do. For example, the whole fairweather rant. Or that dumbass who wrote about how his Bengal roomates don't know football. Or you and your attempts to make excuses for Brownie posters who are still diehards...(cough).....but don't bother to come around anymore.

Doug happens to have a life, interests, and family outside of football.

That's exactly what a fairweather fan would say, right?

Truth is your fanbase is as fairweather as the next and your fanbases current level of support for a fake franchise that produces losing season after losing season says nothing about the team itself and everything about your love for yourselves.

You remain diehards regardless of how the team fares.

But guys like Doug need a good football team to support, and the reason he's not here today is because he's fairweathered.

He's got better things to do.

Well, I personally do not "troll". Why on earth should I?

Well, it was your claim that a poster is pussified for failing to the beating he's due from the home crowd.

That reminded how nearly everything you write wouldn't play well outside of the bubble that is this board.

Well, it was your claim that a poster is pussified for failing to the beating he's due from the home crowd.

That reminded how nearly everything you write wouldn't play well outside of the bubble that is this board.

Its a pussy move to come here ahead of time....and troll....but then not to show up after you have had your ass handed to you.....or to only show up after the second game comes around that you have won.

If you had chosen to not show up at all, then that is fine.

As for whether or not what I say would go over elsewhere, I could give a flying fuck. I suspect that a fair size portion of those elsewhere are probably equally as belligerently ignorant as you are.

I can't cure all the stupid people in the world, no matter how brilliant I am.

The bungles are just the junior browns. They have no identity. They're not worth us mentioning, usually. They're having a somewhat less than usually crappy year. Hoopity-doo-doo.

First, Junior Brown is a straight up badass.

Second, the Bengals do have an identity. They are the team of Paul Brown.

Third, nearly every other thread on this board can be boiled down to the oft repeated refrain about how the Browns are having a somehat less crappy season than they always have.

4 wins.

Hoopity-doo-doo.

Just having a little hiccup in the 90s doesn't mean shit as far as the continuity/history of this team and this town..

No other team has that hiccup.

Thus, all other teams have an unbroken link to their own histories. You lack that.

In fact, only a marketing gimmick allows revisionist historians like yourself to claim the Browns have a link to the accomplishments of a group of people who moved away and won championships elsewhere.

They get our support whether they are worthy or not, yea, sure. That is what makes Browns fans the best, most loyal fans in football.

NO ONE would ever make that claim about the Bengal fanbase.

You're just admitting you'll root for anything regardless of merit, just as you'll say anything regardless of truth or merit.

First, Junior Brown is a straight up badass.

Second, the Bengals do have an identity. They are the team of Paul Brown.

Third, nearly every other thread on this board can be boiled down to the oft repeated refrain about how the Browns are having a somehat less crappy season than they always have.

4 wins.

Hoopity-doo-doo.

They are paul browns replacement team after he got fired from his real team. They attempted to emulate the Browns in every aspect including colors and uniforms. They'll never be anything but the red-headed stepchild of the Browns.

I know you locked the subject, but I did want to set facts straight. Anyone shows ignorance if they think the Browns are the only team in NFL history to have had an inactive period. Because that is not true at all. The Steelers had a couple of years that they took off as once they merged with the Cardinals and once they merged with the Eagles. The Rams took a complete year off.

The Browns took 3 years off.

I mean, hell, that is better than having the team leave town for 15 years, then come back (Raiders), or leave altogether and change names (Tits/Oilers), or retire and move to Arizona (Cardinals), or Indiana (Colts)

The Bengals have taken most of their existance off....even though it appeared they fielded a team.

What some morons also do not apparently understand is that legally, factually the Cleveland Browns franchise never left.

A guy that owned them left....but the franchise remained here, always.

I would not necessarily expect someone of the intellectual level of most Steeler/Bengal fans to comprehend the legal nuances and complexities involved in that situation. Lets just say this: The NFL, the Cleveland Browns, the Baltimore Ravens, the City of Cleveland, the City of Baltimore, the State of Ohio, the State of Maryland ALL agree with what I say. The fact that YOU may not think or believe the same is really fucking irrelevent, now isn't it.

Call Roger Goodell, or John Kasich, or Frank Jackson, or the Mayor of Baltimore or the Governor of Maryland if you want verification. By all means, don't take my word for it.

Actually, I'll gently remind that it's you guys who are attempting to measure a persons fandom by how often he posts. Hell, it's about all you guys ever do. For example, the whole fairweather rant. Or that dumbass who wrote about how his Bengal roomates don't know football. Or you and your attempts to make excuses for Brownie posters who are still diehards...(cough).....but don't bother to come around anymore.

That's exactly what a fairweather fan would say, right?

Truth is your fanbase is as fairweather as the next and your fanbases current level of support for a fake franchise that produces losing season after losing season says nothing about the team itself and everything about your love for yourselves.

You remain diehards regardless of how the team fares.

But guys like Doug need a good football team to support, and the reason he's not here today is because he's fairweathered.

He's got better things to do.

I've met Doug multiple times, and you haven't so STFU already. I don't speak for the other guys here that can't comprehend your vast wit. You obviously have a reading comprehension problem- if you're ragging on someone's state of fandom because he doesn't happen to post much on the Browns Board anymore. I know another guy- (I've had my season tickets with since 1999) happens to have had his season tickets for 31 years- I got in on his seniority- you going to call him Fairweather too dumbass, because he doesn't do football message boards? Incidentally Doug's probably forgotten more about music than you know- and ditto that for my pal Don- he's literally got a roomful of CDs, DVDs and a few hard drives loaded up with MP3 files, he also does Fantasy Football, which I don't have the time for- you see, I'm far to busy here keeping the trolls & flamers in line.

They are paul browns replacement team after he got fired from his real team. They attempted to emulate the Browns in every aspect including colors and uniforms. They'll never be anything but the red-headed stepchild of the Browns.

And we could talk about that some more if the mods on this thing that passes for a message board would allow it.

But they won't.

Rather, this is the board where tough guys hide behind the moderators protective apron.

A message board where revisionist historians like Gip can safely write a million posts embracing a marketing lie.

A message board where Zombo can demonstrate the bravery needed to predict a Cleveland win each and every week.

A message board where it's safe for pinheads to gather and agree that every loss suffered is a fluke.

In short, this isn't a message board at all.

It's a bubble.

lol yay bungle fans. id be happy as a bird if you guys make like week 4 and evaporate yourselves entirely out of cowardice and lack of general pride.

I can't speak for others but is it possible they didn't show up because the mods on this board didn't allow it?

Speaking as someone just reinstated after by temporary ban...well, it's clear the mods here think this Brownie fanbase is a delicate thing that needs protection.

And who am I to argue?

I can't speak for others but is it possible they didn't show up because the mods on this board didn't allow it?

Speaking as someone just reinstated after by temporary ban...well, it's clear the mods here think this Brownie fanbase is a delicate thing that needs protection.

And who am I to argue?

No that's not possible. They let you come here and gloat after a win why wouldn't they let you eat crow after a loss? No, you and your fairweather fanbase weren't man enough to eat your humble pie. Your gay moderator Denny over there on jungle noise wouldn't even activate my account until the year's series was over. Talk about a crappy board...

Archived