THE BROWNS BOARD

Bungle Fans

Zombo

You must not get outside much. It was wet and windy all day.

As for CLE winning 17-6 being a fluke, you're clearly an idiot. The Browns outplayed, no dominated, the Bengals for 4 quarters. Hoyer is a better QB than Campbell. Without the plethora of miscues, Cincinnati was helpless all game on offense. Which would have been the case at PBS if not for the FLUKE that we witnessed.

It was absolutely a fluke. It was the best game the Browns have played all year and the worst game the Bengals have played in the entire Andy Dalton era. That's the definition of a fluke win. Confirmed by the blowout win at PBS.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're unable to understand reality. I've never claimed the Browns were good, you're using a shitty straw man to try to make yourself right--but you can't. The Browns success over the past XX years has nothing to do with the fact that the Bengals are a good team, but not great, and that their "blowout" win was a fluke on a bad day of weather in Southern Ohio. When they don't have flukes, they lose 17-6 to a team that you say, is terrible.

Like I said, enjoy losing in the playoffs to a wild card team.

Apparently you can't read because I explained how the loss fell under the definition of a fluke way more than the win did. Keep making the weather excuse though, it makes you sound even more pathetic.

I live in Cincinnati jackass. It wasn't raining until later in the game. And that's even more pathetic that the int and one fluke big play were the only production the browns has all day. The reason the Bengals lost in Cle was that they got snuck up on after the big packers game. It was a fluke more than anything.

Yeh, that BIG Packers game the Bengals won on a FLUKE. Fumble recovery for a TD with less than a minute left.

It was absolutely a fluke. It was the best game the Browns have played all year and the worst game the Bengals have played in the entire Andy Dalton era. That's the definition of a fluke win. Confirmed by the blowout win at PBS.

Well make that 2 fluke wins, one over the Packers, and one over the Browns. When a team gets gifted 21 points, even a team as crappy as Tampa Bay can get into the win column. If you're counting on blocked punts and fumble recoveries to get you to the Super Bowl, lotsa luck. Better lucky than good, huh?

Off the top of my head I know Marino had around double the TDs he did INTs. I assume most of the others are the same. But continue to spew bullshit.

And you would continue to be wrong. Of all those, Marino probably had the best ratio as he played into a much more recent time where the rules favored the QBs, and the systems did too , but here are a few samplings:

Namath 50.1 % 173 TDs 220 Ints.

Bradshaw 51.9% 212 TDs 210 Ints

Fouts 58.8 % 254 TDs 242 Ints.

You have Hall of Famers who had less than a 50% completion rate, and less than a 1:1 TD/Int. rate.

Couch's numbers were not great for his era....but no QB put under the duress that he was placed under could do much better.

Derek Anderson completed only 52.8% and had 53 TDs and %% Ints. (and he had far bette talent around him than Couch)

And to complain about Couch "not having 60% completion rate"....his career completion rate was 59.8% Big Freaking deal.

Yeh, that BIG Packers game the Bengals won on a FLUKE. Fumble recovery for a TD with less than a minute left.

Well make that 2 fluke wins, one over the Packers, and one over the Browns. When a team gets gifted 21 points, even a team as crappy as Tampa Bay can get into the win column. If you're counting on blocked punts and fumble recoveries to get you to the Super Bowl, lotsa luck. Better lucky than good, huh?

Uhhh excuse me? There were 4 minutes left and even if they hadn't returned it for a TD, it was a fourth down stop and they had been driving on the Packers all day. They would've scored anyways and Rodgers wouldn't have even gotten a chance to win it. But just because a team makes plays on defense and special teams doesn't make it a fluke. Maybe if your offense and special teams improved teams wouldn't blow you out!

Apparently you can't read because I explained how the loss fell under the definition of a fluke way more than the win did. Keep making the weather excuse though, it makes you sound even more pathetic.

Yes, the Browns loss was definitely more of a fluke than the win was. In the Browns win they simply pummelled the Bengals into submission by superior physical play. In the loss they shot themselves in the ass time and time again.

And you would continue to be wrong. Of all those, Marino probably had the best ratio as he played into a much more recent time where the rules favored the QBs, and the systems did too , but here are a few samplings:

Namath 50.1 % 173 TDs 220 Ints.

Bradshaw 51.9% 212 TDs 210 Ints

Fouts 58.8 % 254 TDs 242 Ints.

You have Hall of Famers who had less than a 50% completion rate, and less than a 1:1 TD/Int. rate.

Couch's numbers were not great for his era....but no QB put under the duress that he was placed under could do much better.

Derek Anderson completed only 52.8% and had 53 TDs and %% Ints. (and he had far bette talent around him than Couch)

And to complain about Couch "not having 60% completion rate"....his career completion rate was 59.8% Big Freaking deal.

You bring up the fact that Couch played in the more modern era as did Marino, which completely invalidates your argument. To call Couch a good QB is asinine.

Yes, the Browns loss was definitely more of a fluke than the win was. In the Browns win they simply pummelled the Bengals into submission by superior physical play. In the loss they shot themselves in the ass time and time again.

The Bengals came off a big emotional win to play on the road and played down to the opposition. They were prepared at home and bounced back after a slow start by making big defensive and special teams plays and executing inside the red zone at every opportunity, whilst the defense didn't give the Browns an inch all day outside of one big play.

Lol, what? You explained this to me? Please, expand on "it was the Browns best game of the year, Bengals worst of Dalton era," because that is not an explanation. That's a biased, black and orange opinion.

And weather isn't the excuse for the fluke. The 31 points and rash of turnovers in the 2nd quarter is what makes the Bengals win a fluke. In Week 3--with decent weather--they didn't get all of those lucky plays and got DOMINATED by the same defense that hindered their offense, and shitty QB, for much of the game.

The Browns lost the game in Week 11 much more than the Bengals won it. The mistakes that were made--Browns haven't had a punt blocked in the current era (since 99) and the fumble compounded themselves and they couldn't come back.

But I guess you're betting on the Bengals getting all of those fluke occurrences for 3 playoff wins and a SB ring?

LOL, get real kid.

He'll probably say- those weren't flukes, they were just great plays. Really, an interception (on a tipped pass) for a short field, deflected punt for a short field, blocked punt for a TD, Fumble recovery for a TD. Freaking Peyton Manning and the Broncos would have trouble overcoming that on the road.

You bring up the fact that Couch played in the more modern era as did Marino, which completely invalidates your argument. To call Couch a good QB is asinine.

I stick by that Couch was a good QB.....but put into an impossible situation to succeed.

Again, I attribute this to your ignorance about the situation that existed here. I mean it was like the siege of Harfleur every time the ball was hiked his way.

The Browns should not have drafted a QB, because no one, McNabb, Peyton, Brady could have endured and succeeded with what he went through. If things had been different, had Couch been taken by the Eagles instead of the Browns, he would have had a very, very high chance to equal or exeed what McNabb did there.

It is assinine for you to not comprehend that. Circumstances do matter.

The Bengals came off a big emotional win to play on the road and played down to the opposition.

Did you watch that game? They were manhandled. If you call getting "manhandled" "playing down", then so be it.

They were prepared at home and bounced back after a slow start

In other words, they were again being manhandled until the breaks really started to turn their way.

by making big defensive and special teams plays and executing inside the red zone at every opportunity,

Yes, they had loads of breaks and took advantage of them. Three TDs scored off TOs, Yes, the difference in the game.

whilst the defense didn't give the Browns an inch all day outside of one big play.

Fair enough. Decent defense beats bad offense usually.

Whatever, its not even worth arguing with you delusional homers anymore. You got blown out, and are trying to justify it, I get it. Your idea of dominance is winning by 10 at home, I get it. That's the life of a Browns fan I guess. Enjoy your 11th year out of 12 without a playoff game.

Enjoy your bastard stepchild of a franchise....which hasn't won a playoff game in a longer period than any other NFL team....including the Browns with went through all the BS it has gone through.

A bizzare game, Cleveland didnt get outplayed by any means.

Well, your special teams sure got outplayed. And your vaunted defense only manged a single hit on Andy Dalton all day long.

That said, I think Brownie fans have every right to be damned proud of their team this season....as your team wasn't eliminated from playoff contention until week 9 this year.

Perhaps to commemorate the achievement each of you should take a shit and bronze it

Well, your special teams sure got outplayed. And your vaunted defense only manged a single hit on Andy Dalton all day long.

That said, I think Brownie fans have every right to be damned proud of their team this season....as your team wasn't eliminated from playoff contention until week 9 this year.

Perhaps to commemorate the achievement each of you should take a shit and bronze it

The browns are 1 game out of the last wildcard spot - so not out of the playoffs yet. Whoever loses between the steelers and browns this weekend will likely be eliminated from the postseason. Still, I wouldn't be too excited if I was a Bengals fan knowing that Dalton can't win a playoff game..

If the Bengals don't win the division with that advantage then someone should be shot. Likely candidate if that occurred: Dalton

Why would the Bengals shoot someone if they don't win the division?

Hell, after reading this board for the last couple of months I'm amazed the Browns aren't running away with this thing.

Which sort of begs the question, who are you clowns going to shoot now that your playoff dreams have died?

How about starting with your special teams coach?

So this pussy disappeared for seven weeks after his team lost, then reappears to shit talk and you guys let him get under your skin?

I understand that the forum he posts on is filled with bitches and rednecks as they continually denied my request to join the board. I get why he would come here.

Take what he says with a grain of salt. He's an inbred mouth-breather from Kentucky. The things he says matter about as much as the state of Kentucky does, which is to say, nothing at all.

He'll soon go the way of Akili Smith.

What we have here in Northeast Ohio are 13 championships. Compared to exactly zero for you-uns.

And in case you can't figure it out, here are the years:

And there it is.

An ancient list of championships that were all won before man invented fire and long before the Bengals franchise was begun.

In fact, since the Bengals opened shop the Browns have lost more franchises than championship games.

Didn't they just find one of the old championship trophies at a fucking garage sale or something? LOL

It's funny because it's true.

Heard they found the trophy under a horse blanket that had been left behind in a buggy whip factory.

Some guy named Gipper bought it at auction for $10 and now displays it proudly next to his reel-to-reel tape deck.

All of this talk about fluke wins makes me wonder why your pussy team can't manage to win a few of their own?

Seriously, if you clowns had a couple of fluke wins to add to your badass wins you might be relevant someday.

Instead, you're the Browns.

All of this talk about fluke wins makes me wonder why your pussy team can't manage to win a few of their own?

Seriously, if you clowns had a couple of fluke wins to add to your badass wins you might be relevant someday.

Instead, you're the Browns.

relevant teams win playoff games.

And weather isn't the excuse for the fluke. The 31 points and rash of turnovers in the 2nd quarter is what makes the Bengals win a fluke.

Well, there's your problem.

Your team turned the ball over so often and surrendered so many points in a short period of time even Brown fans agree the Bengals win proves very little because it came against the lowly Browns.

Sadly, I can't argue with that very much.

Where were you morons after the first game? Hiding In shame? Trolls one and all.

Can't speak for the others but I bailed on this board shortly before the first Bengal/Brown game and I even told you guys why I wouldn't be around.

To recap, I was selling my business that very weekend and things were getting a bit crazy.

That said, I'm both rich and retired now and I can stick around this time for as long as you want.

Or longer.

Can't speak for the others but I bailed on this board shortly before the first Bengal/Brown game and I even told you guys why I wouldn't be around.

To recap, I was selling my business that very weekend and things were getting a bit crazy.

That said, I'm both rich and retired now and I can stick around this time for as long as you want.

Or longer.

thats hysterical, leave "shortly before the first game", magically reappear after you saw CIN won the second. Go away

Can somebody get rid of these fucking idiots please?

The funny thing about it is you could do it yourself if you were smarter.

Ehhhh?

Besides, I'm not sticking around.

I just drop by from time to time to read This Week In the AFCN...

...or some random post by Gipper talking about how big a Cleveland Browns fan Mamie Eisenhower once was.

Archived