THE BROWNS BOARD

Michigan Sucks

Zombo

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doubt it all you want. I know a lot about my school.

I was just saying, from your post, it didn't really look like you understood what people meant when they said they wanted a "Michigan Man" as coach.

I understand perfectly. Remember, I come from the same home town as the guy that invented the phrase.

I want to hire the best guy for the job, Michigan affiliations or not. It just so happens two of our best choices right now do have Michigan affiliation.

Harbaugh and Miles? Sure. Don't think you will get either (though I think Miles may be a better chance than Harbaugh.)

Harbaugh started off as unlikely, then worked to there being a legit chance, and now its trending back down with all of the trade talk. We'll have to just wait and see. There are number of good "poachable" coaches out there. If we don't get a "homerun" hire then a lot of people will be mad at the interim AD. No reason why we shouldn't outside of our own arrogance and /or tight wallets.

This was also the first year since 1997 we didn't lead the country in average attendance. Even more reason to not hold back in the hiring process.

Don't act like the attendance thing means anything when your stadium holds 15000 more than any other. Ohio state would sellout every game if they held 2 grand. It's pathetic they can go any year not leading the nation in attendance.

From what we have seen in the past. they will hire a no name guy on the cheap.

Rich Rod has scared them away from a big name big time money coach. IMO

From what we have seen in the past. they will hire a no name guy on the cheap.

Rich Rod has scared them away from a big name big time money coach. IMO

So our history of hiring "No Name Guys" started after RRod.... So... One coach?

RRod didn't work out for a lot of reasons. Both on him and the school

Explain how rich rod has been succesful everywhere else he's been.. Michigans football program is broken. They can hire nick saban and still suck. Michigans going to go through an SMU type fall. I've never seen so many people back out of commitments than I've seen them do to michigan the last 5-6 years. Players commit, then realize the trash they're going into once they get a little familiar lol.

It started when the hired Moeller, and then Carr, and then Hoke

3 of the last 4 coaches were no name cheap guys.

Explain how rich rod has been succesful everywhere else he's been.. Michigans football program is broken. They can hire nick saban and still suck. Michigans going to go through an SMU type fall. I've never seen so many people back out of commitments than I've seen them do to michigan the last 5-6 years. Players commit, then realize the trash they're going into once they get a little familiar lol.

I am pretty confident you have no idea what you're talking about. From the situation surrounding RRod to players decommitting. Yep... we can't get any commitments, that's why we signed the #2 overall player in the country last season.

"SMU type fall"... you've got to be joking.

It started when the hired Moeller, and then Carr, and then Hoke

3 of the last 4 coaches were no name cheap guys.

Your post read as if we learned our lesson from RRod and now only hire lesser name guys... which would be a sample size of 1.

Carr was hired from within the program. Not really the same thing. Same with Moeller, who actually had a lot of previous experience.

Don't act like the attendance thing means anything when your stadium holds 15000 more than any other. Ohio state would sellout every game if they held 2 grand. It's pathetic they can go any year not leading the nation in attendance.

(from Wikipedia)

Michigan Stadium Capacity: 109,901

Ohio Stadium Capacity: 104, 944

Almost 15,000....

And, like I said in my post, we've led the nation in average attendance every year since 1997 except this year. Also like 40 something years overall since they started recording the data. So, we pretty much do have the highest attendance every year. Just not when people are so pissed at the AD they're talking about boycotting games.

I am pretty confident you have no idea what you're talking about. From the situation surrounding RRod to players decommitting. Yep... we can't get any commitments, that's why we signed the #2 overall player in the country last season.

"SMU type fall"... you've got to be joking.

So you're denying that a bunch of players have decommited n recent years? YOU don't know what you're talking about. And explain how I'm wrong on rich rod?

No, we've had decommitments. All programs do. Especially those going through coaching changes. But, like I've told Gipper, that hasn't stopped us from pulling very highly rated classes

(inb4 Gipper misses the point and talks about on field performance)

You said our program is broken and we'd suck with Saban. That's not true. Though I'd never want Saban, he's a dirty bastard. RRod failing was on him and us. Not just the program. Thinking we still aren't a top college program is idiotic. Thinking we're going through an SMU type fall is Retarded.

So that makes it ok?

It means I don't think it is that big of a deal. I don't consider Retarded a slur for the mentally handicapped. I hardly ever use the word, but when I do, it has no slur context to it. Other than possibly calling someone really, really dumb.

That being said, you're just looking for a reason to argue, and I'm feeding the troll. Shame on both of us.

It means I don't think it is that big of a deal. I don't consider Retarded a slur for the mentally handicapped. I hardly ever use the word, but when I do, it has no slur context to it. Other than possible calling someone really, realm dumb

So it's ok to slander a group of people over something they have no control over when YOU are not offended by it? Got it. I'm starting to understand liberals pov. Flawless

I'm just telling you I don't see any slander in it. The word has changed meanings. I'm not the only one my age that thinks that. I'm done responding to your trolling now. Have fun with this.

Don't like being called out on your gay hypocritical liberal bullshit? Pansy bitch

Archived