THE BROWNS BOARD

Michigan Sucks

Zombo

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He lost the game. Sorry bro, better luck next year or in 2078 when you guys have a chance

So, even though he went off, it doesn't matter because he lost the game? I'm just making the point that the "awful" QB you're talking about torched OSU on a broken foot last year.

Has he struggled in his career? Absolutely. But I've already explained how we broke him. Really sucks for Gardner. He's definitely not awful though.

Woody is just gasping for air in a cloud of Ohio State dominance.

No. I'm just trying to correct incorrect posts. I've already said OSU has been better than us. I haven't seen "dominance" in The Game, but they've been better overall.

I'm pretty sure no one reads my posts though. Or they can't read. Who knows

When did OSU cheat? Lol.

"But....but.... One of your ten wins out of the last 11 games didn't count"

Hahahaha more pathetic than ever

Like I said, I'm just correcting incorrect posts. Hard to claim a win the NCAA doesn't give you. I'm not trying to say you haven't beat us a ton of times recently.

Pumpkin, where did you go to school?

I do beleive that the hole up north has a class size of around 28,000 not 45,000, but they do let in about 33% of applicants. SO it is no where near an exlcusive, difficult school to get into.

According the US News and World Report, they list the hardest schools to get into every year. Meatchicken is 97th.

In Fall 2012, the university had an enrollment of 43,426students: 27,979 undergraduate students, 12,714 academic

The 43,000 include graduate students.

Though here is another site showing total enrollment: but it does not, apparently distinguish between online enrollment undergraduate/graduate, etc.

http://www.stateuniversity.com/rank/tot_enroll_rank.html

OSU is 5th here, Michigan is 26th.

Here are the Big Ten Schools: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Ten_Conference

Interesting that the University of Chicago, a founding member of the Big Ten, actually maintains its affiliation with the Big Ten schools on the academic side.......and also interesting that as of July, John Hopkins has joined the Big Ten for Lacrosse only.

The spread was 20.5. It was a one score game with 5 minutes left. Last year it was 1 pt gm. The year before it was 4(?).

You've definitely been the better team, but you haven't exactly dominated. It would have helped their playoff case.

That is what rivalries should be, even if a team is supposed to win big, they often don't.

(but note.....in this game, the margin was 21 pts.....more than the thread, when Mich scored a gimme TD in the last minute to tighten the score)

That is what rivalries should be, even if a team is supposed to win big, they often don't.

(but note.....in this game, the margin was 21 pts.....more than the thread, when Mich scored a gimme TD in the last minute to tighten the score)

But the one busted big run on 4th and fumble that got taken back fie a TD were totally legitimate... And the last Michigan TD was not... Alright...

We've been only looking at "Michigan Men", which hurts us. We haven't made too many plays at the hot name because there were no Michigan connections. We also refused to pay the bug bucks. I'm hopeful we will fix both of those.

I hope we've gotten by this. Make the play at Harbaugh(s) and Miles. If they don't work, there are a handful of other big name hires to get.

We can throw money at these coaches. We can provide more resources and, in a lot of cases, greater recruiting opportunities. Some might even by intrigued by having less competition in the B1G than their conference.

We'll see what happens though. Our president doesn't have really any athletics experience and our AD is an unknown. I know what we're capable of doing, but idk if it will happen.

FYI, when Bo Schembechler was hired, he was by no means a "Michigan Man" . He was a Miami, Oh./Ohio State man. He graduated from Miami, and was HC at Miami when Mich. hired him. Before that he did 2 stints as an assistant coach at Ohio State plus he was an assistant at Bowling Green and Northwestern.

That is why Michigan is not stuck on bringing in a "Michigan Man".

And Gary Moeller was not a Michigan man.....at least not initially. He was an Ohio State Graduate and a coach also at Miami Oh....but he did become a Michigan man.....or a least Bo's man, as an assistant coach for Bo for many years.

Lloyd Carr, also not initially a Michigan man....born in Tennessee, attended Missouri and Northern Michigan.Asst. Coached at E. Michigan, Illinois, West Va., until hired as asst. at Mich. by Bo.

RichRod had no affiliation with Michigan until he was hired as HC. He WAS a W.Va. man....where he probably should have stayed (but yes, money and the Big Ten lured him)

Brady Hoke was a Ball St. grad, but did do a 5 year stint as an asst. at Mich. 1997-2002 before moving on as HC at Ball St. and SDSU.

I'm pretty sure one of those wins was removed. Cheating and what not

No, nothing was removed. You cannot deny the holocaust.

(fyi....even if a game is "removed" on paper, the W is not given to the opposing team.

By the way Pumpkin, where did you go to school? I can't remember if you ever answered originally

FYI, when Bo Schembechler was hired, he was by no means a "Michigan Man" . He was a Miami, Oh./Ohio State man. He graduated from Miami, and was HC at Miami when Mich. hired him. Before that he did 2 stints as an assistant coach at Ohio State plus he was an assistant at Bowling Green and Northwestern.

That is why Michigan is not stuck on bringing in a "Michigan Man".

And Gary Moeller was not a Michigan man.....at least not initially. He was an Ohio State Graduate and a coach also at Miami Oh....but he did become a Michigan man.....or a least Bo's man, as an assistant coach for Bo for many years.

Lloyd Carr, also not initially a Michigan man....born in Tennessee, attended Missouri and Northern Michigan.Asst. Coached at E. Michigan, Illinois, West Va., until hired as asst. at Mich. by Bo.

RichRod had no affiliation with Michigan until he was hired as HC. He WAS a W.Va. man....where he probably should have stayed (but yes, money and the Big Ten lured him)

Brady Hoke was a Ball St. grad, but did do a 5 year stint as an asst. at Mich. 1997-2002 before moving on as HC at Ball St. and SDSU.

Gipper, I know the history and I know what people are talking about when they say "Michigan Man" in terms of a coaching hire. They're talking about someone that has an affiliation there, some that understands some of the history/culture. Whether or not that is right, that is what they're talking about. So your post full of things I already know about my own team means very little, and seems to miss the point.

But the one busted big run on 4th and fumble that got taken back fie a TD were totally legitimate... And the last Michigan TD was not... Alright...

Those two TDs decided the game. It was still a contest until then. The game did not get put away until that point.

The Mich TD was just window dressing...

I've been meaning to respond to all of the class size / acceptance rate stuff but have been busy. Hopefully later today I can correct all of the false info in here.

Well, the sources I have looked up cannot even agree on the enrollment size. I see no reason for you to respond.

Those two TDs decided the game. It was still a contest until then. The game did not get put away until that point.

The Mich TD was just window dressing...

It's just funny that that last Michigan TD doesn't count in your book but the fumble for a TD at the end completely mattered and totally showed how OSU really beat the spread.... Lol

Gipper, I know the history and I know what people are talking about when they say "Michigan Man" in terms of a coaching hire. They're talking about someone that has an affiliation there, some that understands some of the history/culture. Whether or not that is right, that is what they're talking about. So your post full of things I already know about my own team means very little, and seems to miss the point.

First, I doubt that you already knew everthing on that post. Second....what the fuck makes you think that I care if I am missing some point that you have in your silly little mind. I post this data for my own edification, and that of others who may not know this stuff.

Are you that egocentric that you think everything put on here is intended for you? Get over yourself because it ain't.

As for having Michigan affiliation.....like I said, the best guy you ever had never had Michigan affiliation. Maybe you should try to repeat history....hire Chuck Martin. Head coach at Miami, Ohio While not a Michigan Man, he has Michigan affiliations. Was coach at Grand Valley State where he won a couple of D-II national titles.

You could do worse.

It worked for both OSU when they hired Woody, and Michigan when they hired Bo.

There have been statements posted that are incorrect, incomplete, or just lacking any insight at all. I'll help you out on those.

Anything you say in this matter will have no more credibility than what I have already looked up. Post if you will....but what you say may be equally incorrect, incomplete.....and certainly more likely.....lacking insight.

Anything you say in this matter will have no more credibility than what I have already looked up. Post if you will....but what you say may be equally incorrect, incomplete.....and certainly more likely.....lacking insight.

Riiiight. Cuz I didn't go there or anything. I'm not months removed from actually being part of this whole college process....

First, I doubt that you already knew everthing on that post. Second....what the fuck makes you think that I care if I am missing some point that you have in your silly little mind. I post this data for my own edification, and that of others who may not know this stuff.

Are you that egocentric that you think everything put on here is intended for you? Get over yourself because it ain't.

As for having Michigan affiliation.....like I said, the best guy you ever had never had Michigan affiliation. Maybe you should try to repeat history....hire Chuck Martin. Head coach at Miami, Ohio While not a Michigan Man, he has Michigan affiliations. Was coach at Grand Valley State where he won a couple of D-II national titles.

You could do worse.

It worked for both OSU when they hired Woody, and Michigan when they hired Bo.

Doubt it all you want. I know a lot about my school.

I was just saying, from your post, it didn't really look like you understood what people meant when they said they wanted a "Michigan Man" as coach.

I want to hire the best guy for the job, Michigan affiliations or not. It just so happens two of our best choices right now do have Michigan affiliation.

Ohio Men at Ohio State? Here are the affiliations of several HCs at OSU:

Urban Meyer: born in Ohio/Toledo Alma Mater: Cincinnati. former OSU asst.

Jim Tressel: born in Ohio: Mentor Alma Mater: Baldwin-Wallace/ Akron U(masters), former OSU asst.

John Cooper: born in Tennessee. Alma Mater: Iowa St.. no prior Ohio affiliation

Earl Bruce: born in Maryland. went to HS in Ohio, Alma Mater; Ohio St., former OSU asst.

Woody Hayes: born in Clifton, Oh. Alma Mater: Denison. (no info on asst. coach job...HC at Denison/Miami Oh.

Wes Fesler: born in Youngstown Oh. Alma Mater: Ohio St., former OSU asst.

Paul Bixler: born in Cleveland, Oh. Alma Mater: Mt. Union, former OSU asst.

Carroll Widdoes: born in the Phillipines. Went to HS in Westerville Oh., Alma Mater: Otterbein, former OSU asst.

Paul Brown: born in Norwalk Oh., went to HS in Massillon. Alma Mater: Miami, Oh. went direct from HC at Massillon High to HC at OSU.

Francis Schmidt: born in Kansas, Alma Mater: Nebraska, came to OSU from being HC at TCU

Skipping some years:

Alexander Lilley: born in Columbus, Alma Mater: Princeton.

So, except for Schmidt and Cooper, all OSU coaches have had some Ohio ties, but only Wes Fesler and Earl Bruce were actual OSU graduates.

Archived