THE BROWNS BOARD

Michigan Sucks

Zombo

Would probably be a pretty good game :D

I honestly don't know which sucks worse right now.. But I'm pretty sure my Buccaneers suck worse than both of them right now :(

Based on performance....and what else can we go by.... Florida definitely sucks worse right now.

And "my Buccaneers"? I thought you were a Browns fan?

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on performance....and what else can we go by.... Florida definitely sucks worse right now.

And "my Buccaneers"? I thought you were a Browns fan?

I am a Bucs fan first, a Browns fan second.. I've never hid that fact.. Google my location and you'll understand. I've been here since I was 15 in 1973.. Back then, no info on the Browns was available here.. No tv, newspaper info, nothing.. The Bucs came into existence and I became a fan.. I still had a soft spot for the Browns but when Modell to took them to Baltimore that was it.. I still have a soft spot for the second incarnation of the Browns but it's not the same as the Frank Ryans, Lou Grozas, Jim Browns, Paul Warfields, Leroy Kellys, Bo Scotts etc etc that I watched and loved growing up..

UFs offense is fucking terrible. Their D is a little better than ours... But that O... My god.

But yes, Urban is a sleazeball that used Tebow as cover. We all know that.

The Gators held Missouri to 119 total yds Sat for the entire game.. And were down 42-0 at one point at home.. That's how bad the offense is.. :mad:

Actually, I do believe that academics DO make a school greater than athletic success does. When a service ranks the "best schools" they don't rank the best football or basketball schools, they rank the best academic schools.

A few schools very successfully combine both. Stanford, Duke, Notre Dame

OK people want a degree from Alabama because it's a great "Academic" school

Many much more qualified people disagree with you

And a lot of those "more qualified" people thought Ryan Leaf was better then Peyton Manning

And we have all been told of wishagin being a class institution. Nothing but a bunch losers.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/dantonio--michigan-state-s-last-td-was-because-of-a-michigan-player-s-pregame-antics-022456465.html

And we have all been told of wishagin being a class institution. Nothing but a bunch losers.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/dantonio--michigan-state-s-last-td-was-because-of-a-michigan-player-s-pregame-antics-022456465.html

Yes, that was dumb. Our staff needs to do a better job to not allow that. One of the reasons why they're gone. Of course, we're still a class institution. More so than some other schools... definitely.

Ryan Mallet is on an NFL team, Ryan Leaf, on the other hand, is in prison.

I guess reading comprehension is not a required class at that school up north

Ryan Mallet is on an NFL team, Ryan Leaf, on the other hand, is in prison.

I guess reading comprehension is not a required class at that school up north

... ya,... my bad... didn't mean to type Mallet.

Where did you go to school by the way? I don't think you answered.

Point still stands, just because you disagree with draft projection, it doesn't make it Ryan LEAF.

Well... you're entitled to you opinion I guess. Like I said, people that do that for a living disagree with you, but w/e

CBS Sports has him rated as a late round draft pick. Rated #21. Only Kevin White of WVa and Alice Cooper, Alabama are rated higher.

WalterFootball has him rated lower: rated #46

Draftek had him at #22.

Draftgeek has him at #15

Athlon Sports does not have him in their top 50.

NFL Draft Scout does not have him in their top 10 WRs

....it is possible that these last two, plus others don't rank him because they only rank seniors. Funchess may yet be a junior.

NFLRT ranks him #20

FoxSports has him ranked #23

Football Futures has him ranked #31

The Sporting News Senior Prospects does not rank him....thus my belief that he may be a junior eligible if he comes out.

That is a pretty fair sampling though of what the so called draft experts think

so what you are saying Gipper, is that he is nothing special.

With the NFL drafting QB's, DE and DB's at a higher rate then Wr's, he will most likely be a second round pick

With the NFL drafting QB's, DE and DB's at a higher rate then Wr's, he will most likely be a second round pick

5 WRs went in the first round last year. 3 QBs, 2 DEs (and Clowney is now a OLB), 5 CBs, 4 Ss....

CBS Sports has him rated as a late round draft pick. Rated #21. Only Kevin White of WVa and Alice Cooper, Alabama are rated higher.

WalterFootball has him rated lower: rated #46

Draftek had him at #22.

Draftgeek has him at #15

Athlon Sports does not have him in their top 50.

NFL Draft Scout does not have him in their top 10 WRs

....it is possible that these last two, plus others don't rank him because they only rank seniors. Funchess may yet be a junior.

NFLRT ranks him #20

FoxSports has him ranked #23

Football Futures has him ranked #31

The Sporting News Senior Prospects does not rank him....thus my belief that he may be a junior eligible if he comes out.

That is a pretty fair sampling though of what the so called draft experts think

also #13 overall on SI http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/10/21/2015-nfl-draft-big-board-ranking-marcus-mariota#

(FYI, he is a Jr. You seem to have infinite wisdom in his draft stock without even knowing his year... right...)

Soooo, why do some sites have him in the first round or even top half of the first, while others don't have him at all? 3 potential reasons:

1) Those sites are only ranking Srs right now

2) Those sites still consider him a TE (which makes me question their legitimacy)

3) There really is THAT much variation in his draft stock right now.

I just looked at Walter Football and he's their #1 TE and their #5 WR.

I've honestly never even heard of Athlon Sports and can't seem to find anything on him with a quick search

NFL Draft Scout is only going by "prospect year" (no juniors or lower). If you go to 2016 Amari Cooper is 1 and he's 2. http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/players.php?genpos=WR&draftyear=2016&sortorder=tsxpos&order=ASC

In FootballFuture's most recent mock draft he is #16 overall (and listed as a TE) http://www.footballsfuture.com/2015/nflmockdraft.html

So that puts him as a first round pick in every source you posted...

I have no clue where he will actually be drafted.....and most of the sites I site above were preseason predictions, and I don't know if his stock has dropped or will drop between now and the draft, but for the interim it appears that there is a fair consensus that he would be a late first round pick.

also #13 overall on SI http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/10/21/2015-nfl-draft-big-board-ranking-marcus-mariota#

(FYI, he is a Jr. You seem to have infinite wisdom in his draft stock without even knowing his year... right...)

I don't have any wisdom about his draft stock beyond what I researched. Like I said, that is what smart people do...they research shit when they don't know it. Just like you just did.

Soooo, why do some sites have him in the first round or even top half of the first, while others don't have him at all? 3 potential reasons:

1) Those sites are only ranking Srs right now

2) Those sites still consider him a TE (which makes me question their legitimacy)

3) There really is THAT much variation in his draft stock right now.

Some do only rank Sr.s.....the others do have varying opinions about him. And probably rightfully so.

I just looked at Walter Football and he's their #1 TE and their #5 WR.

I've honestly never even heard of Athlon Sports and can't seem to find anything on him with a quick search

I have been going to bookstores/magazine racks and getting Athlon Sports publications for 30 years now. I am not sure how you could have missed them.

NFL Draft Scout is only going by "prospect year" (no juniors or lower). If you go to 2016 Amari Cooper is 1 and he's 2. http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/players.php?genpos=WR&draftyear=2016&sortorder=tsxpos&order=ASC

In FootballFuture's most recent mock draft he is #16 overall (and listed as a TE) http://www.footballsfuture.com/2015/nflmockdraft.html

So that puts him as a first round pick in every source you posted...

I don't know what is up with this TE thing. It tells me possibly that he is big and perhaps a bit slow. It is never a good thing to be considered a tweener.

Tell Jimmy Graham it's not good to be a tweaner lol. He's a big dude, he's not Tavon Austin. Some list him as a TE because he started at TE. Again, its hard to say for sure he wont be a 1st round pick when its becoming more apparent you know nothing about him. He's not gonna put up a 4.3 at the combine, but he's definitely not slow.

Most of his stick is based on his frame and raw athletic ability. Scouts know some of the finer points of being a WR are still things he's working on. This was known in the preseason this year. His stock is based heavily on raw talent, potential, and flashes of absolute dominance. Sadly, he's been limited this year with an ankle injury, which isn't helping his development. I don't think this is affecting his stock as much as it would an established WR though, for the reasons I mentioned.

Maybe that's why I haven't heard of Athlon Sports, because no one my age reads magazines.

Tell Jimmy Graham it's not good to be a tweaner lol. He's a big dude, he's not Tavon Austin. Some list him as a TE because he started at TE. Again, its hard to say for sure he wont be a 1st round pick when its becoming more apparent you know nothing about him. He's not gonna put up a 4.3 at the combine, but he's definitely not slow.

You apparently know dick about him as well. So many places have him listed as a TE there must be an issue there. And Jimmy Graham is not a tweener....he is a tight end. He only wanted to be listed as a WR because WRs get paid more in the NFL than TEs. Funchess will no way, no how want the TE designation attached to his name.....even if that is where he fits.

At 6.5 230 he may indeed be a tweener. Here is one scouting report on him:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=123054&draftyear=2016&genpos=TE

A 4.6ish 40 time isn't fast, but isn't slow.

Most of his stick is based on his frame and raw athletic ability. Scouts know some of the finer points of being a WR are still things he's working on. This was known in the preseason this year. His stock is based heavily on raw talent, potential, and flashes of absolute dominance. Sadly, he's been limited this year with an ankle injury, which isn't helping his development. I don't think this is affecting his stock as much as it would an established WR though, for the reasons I mentioned.

The above denotes that his draft stock is on the downward trend.

Maybe that's why I haven't heard of Athlon Sports, because no one my age reads magazines.

I didn't realize you were that illiterate. Nevertheless, Athlon has always had a comprehensive online presence as well:

http://athlonsports.com/

Ya... That's not what not reading magazines means. If their base was built up through magazines, and that followed then to the internet, that would explain it. Believe me, I read about sports on the internet, but I have never come across their site. Magazines are old tech, that's why they're dying. The internet eliminates their need. Yes, times change and so does tech.

What exactly denotes he was on a downward trend?

Dude.... I know a fuck ton more about this player than you, I can guarantee it. You didn't even know his year in school, or his position.

He basically split time last season between TE and WR as it moved to more and more WR. This year, he's 100% a WR. I have no idea why some sites would still be calling him only a TE, unless they are informed. I'm not sure why he'd switch back now. SI has him as the #2 WR in the class, moving back to TE makes little sense. He may play a hybrid role like Grahsm though. He's "technically" a TE but not really. I guess it would depend on the team.

He's built to be a big, athletic, matchup nightmare. A tenth of a second here or there is not critical.

Buut. This is all besides the point. The point of, you were sure as hell he wasn't going to be a first round pick. I think every one of the sites listed so far disagrees with you.

Nvm, I confused two misinformed old guys. Walter was the one running his mouth (shocker). You just kind of tried to defend it without actually defending it directly.

Michigan as this thing where they want to hire "Michigan Men", which obviously limits their options. A lot of people are getting sick of that though.

RichRod turned down an offer from Bama at one point, and then came to Michigan. He was a top coaching choice at the time.

You guys basically backed into Meyer, that doesn't always happen. We'll see what happens in 3 years when he gets a headache / has an affair and you guys start looking again.

But I'm wasting my time here, and I know that. OSU fans just lose all sense of reasoning when it comes to Michigan. If you think a bad run makes it not a top program all time, or not a top coaching destination... then i dont even know... I doubt I could convince you otherwise.

1st Bold - One of your greatest coaches of all time was an Ohio boy, as we're most of the most successful scUM players of the last 50 years. You must remind yourself, Bo wanted to be to UM what Woody was/is to tOSU. Only, he wasn't anywhere near as successful. Trying to emulate the Buckeyes and our greatest coach in school history should make you feel warm and fuzzy.

2nd Bold - Look how that worked out. You guys got Dick Rod, Bama got Saban. Win, win.

3rd Bold - Hmm. A son of Ohio, alumnus, former graduate assistant, former assistant coach, disciple of Earl Bruce, wife carries around a Buckeye in her purse at all times. Also, a man that was unemployed and a football team needed a new direction? yeah... "backed into"... That's a good one. Meyer had a fucking out provision in his contract with UF that allowed him to leave for only TWO other schools - Notre Dame and tOSU. He's already taken his fair share of shit from losing the B1G championship and the Orange bowl. Doubt it gets any worse.

4th Bold. You are wasting your time attempting to convince rational people of something that isn't true. M*ch*gan was a dominant power pre- WWII. How many Championships has the football program celebrated since then? Do you know how many flash in the pan schools have won a title since WWII? Not a split title, not an AP title. A recognized championship within the "modern era" of football. Meanwhile you keep towing that company line of "M*chigan Men".

Google "when was the last time Ohio State beat UF in a title game in any sport"..

I'll wait........

and FUCK Benedict Myers..

He'll develop chest pains soon because of the pressure and want out..

Who gives a flying fuck about Florida? Aside from very recently, that program was a shit existence until the late 90's, and was a huge dumpster fire between 97' - Present day with the exception of 06, 08 & 09.

Honestly, 2 great years and one good year in almost 2 decades. Holy shit! Talk about consistency.

Archived