THE BROWNS BOARD

Hoyers should be removed as starter

DieHardBrownsFan

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right about Hoyer and to be decided about Johnny.

The difference is we Browns fans (not fans of a dude) don't want to be right about any of our starting QBs sucking, because we have the intelligence to know that if we are 'right', it means our team is losing. Those of us who were happy that Brian was the starter when we were winning, are now the same ones that are saying to make a change (in essence, make us wrong) because we want our team to win, and we don't care which dude it is under center (like you do), we just want our team to win.

Every time someone like me gave there honest opinion on Hoyer or Manziel you all resorted to calling us "fanboys" and saying that we were not real fans of the Browns. Now that it is apparent that we were right we want to let it known to all of you that didn't respect our opinion. You are not stupid, just wrong about this one thing.

The JFF fanboys wanted Pettine to bench BH while the team was winning, which was ludicrous. Now that BH is preventing this team from winning its time to see what the 1st round draft choice can do. I certainly hope Johnny can elevate the offense to a higher level than BH could. But keep this in mind, if Johnny shits to bed the Manzealots will get a shitstorm headed back their way (provided they have the spine to return to this board).

The JFF fanboys wanted Pettine to bench BH while the team was winning, which was ludicrous. Now that BH is preventing this team from winning its time to see what the 1st round draft choice can do. I certainly hope Johnny can elevate the offense to a higher level than BH could. But keep this in mind, if Johnny shits to bed the Manzealots will get a shitstorm headed back their way (provided they have the spine to return to this board).

If he shits the bed it'll be everyone else's fault but his.

Browns fans talking browns football... Whatever. You get off calling people fags and homos and dewshbags simply because you've been wrong about hoyer, and its your only defense. It's gonna be fun watching you and others realize just how wrong you were.

Nice try Aggie. Buck up hoss, l expect better from you.

I'm on your wagon. You got no room for me? I got no room for you.

We're on the same wagon dumbass.

Yeah, it probably seems a little nitpicky, but, after a big loss that falls mostly at his feet when the D was completely stellar, I would have hoped for a "That's a decision for the coaches" kind of answer. I'm tired of hearing about how this is his team. He hasn't shown he's good enought to make that kind of claim.

First, good on ya for owning your comment.

But Hoyer had shown good enough to say it's his team up to today. And he did not say that today unless there's more outside the quote. He simply said he expected to start at home against Cinci.

As for the Cam goal-line thing. 10:1 Cam says the same thing. Hoyer's quote was:

"It's a play where I'm expecting Jordan to come underneath, and we've talked about it. And he didn't end up doing it. But I gotta see it and make sure I don't throw the ball."

So Cam did not run the expected route, but Hoyer needs to see if he does not. If one is under a bus, then they both are.

The one I see that is damning is the deep pass overthrow to Gabe. He says, "I gotta hold onto the ball a little longer," but he doesn't. Then adds, "When I let it go from my hand I was like, 'I really got ahold of that.'" In my mind the last bit says, I can't gauge my deep ball. That it was "overcome" is germane to the drive, but not that throw.

And, as if on cue, that damn Snickers commercial just played... ;)

My first post was an attempt at a joke, but as nerves are a bit raw, I understand the replies.

I would guess that johnny's gonna get to the field soon, so at least we won't be talking about a guy sitting on the bench anymore.

Then again, who knows...

Cool... you suck at jokes, but cool... ;)

I'm ready...

Go Browns...

When Hoyer beat Cincinatti I thought he played well enough to keep his job. But when they were 7-4 I thought a change needed to be made. You all wanted them to keep Brian in and guess what. The team is 7-6 and probably not going to make the playoffs, baring Johnny saving the day. And Johnny's success isn't my everything. If he is a bust so be it. If my favorite tennis player or golfer lose it isn't the end of the world and Johnny isn't any different. I hope he has success and believe me if he does I'm going to be on this board telling you. But i'm not going to stop posting because of an interception or a loss. We are in this together, win or lose.

Honestly anyone that is a Manziel fan only should be happy how this season turned out. Johnny got to sit and learn the process of being an NFL player without being thrown into the game (at the most difficult position) immediately. Also he lucked out on not having to start without a pro bowl center for 8 weeks of the season. Also he didn't have to play without a pro bowl Tight End for 6 games or the NFL's leading receiver last year for 10 games. It would have been a difficult season for Johnny with the way the run game has been going and missing three pro bowlers on the offensive side of the ball. He has gotten a chance to get his feet wet by playing in a few games this season sporadically as well. So really Johnny had a pretty good set up for his season, if he starts the next three games he will have that valuable experience as well as a healthy roster going into next season.

Every week when some of us wanted to pull Hoyer you called us "fanboys" and said we weren't real Browns fans. When we said that Hoyer is garbage you jumped on us and said Hoyer is winning games. Us "fanboys" were right. Not about Manziel because we don't know that yet but about Hoyer. Now all of you want to make a change? Hoyer looked no better or worse this game then several games this season. I hope Johnny gets traded to a team that really wants to accomplish things, not go 7-4 and be afraid to make a change. I will root for the Browns so long as Johnny is here but some of you need to raise your expectations a bit for this team and not be satisfied with mediocrity.

Got your size wrong...

You want points for calling our starting QB "garbage".

Dream the fuck on...

I said going into the off season last year that I felt more and more strongly that the browns had to go get Johnny football. He had balls. Then we got him. Then Hoyer came back and like any other real browns fan I was with him as our starter if the team was. Now I and everyone can see his ceiling. We saw his highs and his lows and while the highs were good they just aren't good enough to out balance the lows. He's gotta go. I won't be surprised if he DOES finish out the season but this is not his future. Barring a miracle the rest of this season is garbage time again. Time to let us see what Johnny can do. If he's good we win a moral victory of sorts and go into the next season with momentum. If he's not good, back to the drawing board and what might have been with a killer defense. If he's GREAT all might not yet be lost.

I said going into the off season last year that I felt more and more strongly that the browns had to go get Johnny football. He had balls. Then we got him. Then Hoyer came back and like any other real browns fan I was with him as our starter if the team was. Now I and everyone can see his ceiling. We saw his highs and his lows and while the highs were good they just aren't good enough to out balance the lows. He's gotta go. I won't be surprised if he DOES finish out the season but this is not his future. Barring a miracle the rest of this season is garbage time again. Time to let us see what Johnny can do. If he's good we win a moral victory of sorts and go into the next season with momentum. If he's not good, back to the drawing board and what might have been with a killer defense. If he's GREAT all might not yet be lost.

A plus one doesn't give it justice. You nailed it Cysko. To the wall. Balls and all.

You are not going to here excuses from me. If he makes an error then I will be the first one to admit it. I am admittedly very biased but try not to be on this board.

Alright Tex. Calling truce here. Get your shit in order and get in line.

Most of us are on the same page. Get ready with us, or fuck off.

And your mama's a man.

Alright Tex. Calling truce here. Get your shit in order and get in line.

Most of us are on the same page. Get ready with us, or fuck off.

And your mama's a man.

Exactly

I already said how I felt about his comments. He's petulant and has no talent. He threw Cameron under the bus for an interception he threw to a fucking defender. How about this b-ri? THROW THE FUCKING PLAY BOOK OUT AND FIND YOUR FUCKING RECEIVER. IF A PLAY GETS BROKEN FIND A WAY TO IMPROVISE.

Mindless blabber

Pettine is anything but soft, he is doing great for a rookie head coach. I wanted manziel to start today, in hindsight it seems like that should have been the decision. But its understandable why he would start hoyer. He didnt want a knee jerk reaction of putting a rookie in over a starter who has a 7-5 record in the middle of a playoff run. It was not a bad decisions at the time.

Also, if you are going to swear, fucking swear you bitch. Quit it with the lame ass "fvcker" shit.

Seconded.

By "wrong" I mean to say that Johnny is and has been a better option than Hoyer, especially today. I wasn't sure of this until the Buffalo drive, but Pettine should have made the change and I think it cost the game today. I have been saying up until the Buffalo game that Hoyer should start, because the team was winning. I was wrong.

Hoyer is not close to the talent level of Manziel,, and hopefully next week we'll start to see that. You've heard it all before, Anderson, McCoy, whoever, I don't care. With this defense, running game, special teams, receiver corps, the Browns will thrive with Johnny at qb.

You can hate him for the money sign, flipping the bird, going to Cavs games, whatever, he will win games on Sunday.

Think of it this way. With a Hoyer drive, I find myself hoping for no penalties, no negative plays, because there's so little margin for error.

With Manziel,, every play has the possibility of a home run. I just hope that starts next week, cuz Hoyer was horrible today and shouldn't be rewarded with another start.

Archived