THE BROWNS BOARD

Hoyers should be removed as starter

DieHardBrownsFan

This b!tch of a coach is scared to hurt people's feelings. We've seen it all training camp not naming a starter, scared to put his foot down, scared to upset his players by putting the best man in. We need a real man at the helm, Pettine is just a big soft b!tch.

He should have named Manziel the starter earlier this week and I guarantee we would have won by 2 TDs. This is on Pettine the stupid motherfvcker scared to hurt his players feelings.

The angered post of a seriously dumb mother fucker.. You and Walter need to get a room together!

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been a Hoyer supporter, but this game made it obvious that he has regressed to the level of Weeden, Frye, and all the others who passed through here. I'll be disgusted if he plays another snap for this team...let alone starts another game. Hopefully the Manziel lovers will be right. If not....here we go again. I think the reason that Pettine would not go to Manziel yesterday was because of him getting to the game late, and attitude. Personally. I would have hoped he would have made the change at halftime. I don't care that JF parties when he shouldn't. Why not?....he's not going to get in the game....so he doesn't really need to be ready or anything. It's sickening, the way the defense and special teams played, and then lose the game because the qb can't play at an average level. Pettine either needs to put Manziel in for Cincy or find someone else. Hoyer sucks. He has shown that he is as advertised.....back up only.....definitely proved me wrong.

Football is dangerous and that's a risk, but he needs some experience now that we are officially "just playing out the season". We will at least have an idea of what we have in Johnny, because right now, all we have is his fanboys telling us how great he will be.

And the Homer naysayers who hate the guy no matter what. Like it or not he's the most talked about quarterback from his draft or any draft in a long time. Like it or not there were plenty of professionals who think he has the tools to be big time as well as those who don't think he'll succeed.

And maybe he will fall on his ass but if so it won't be because you guys are so angry that some of his fans weren't born and raised in Cleveland. Get over it.

WSS

Soju and WW seriously wear their hearts on their sleeves, and are making stupid rants after a tough loss. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they will come back down from orbit in the next day or so. Too generous? Maybe lol...

The Tex boys are just digging themselves deeper with this "I'm a Browns fan as long as JFF is here". Please...just leave. True Browns fans don't want you here. That being said, if JM is the starter next week...go Johnny!

The offense as an entirety hardly did shit yesterday. Hoyer may not be the same QB we saw last year or earlier this year, but things really fell apart ever since Mack went down. We can't forget that. Again we'll know more on this when Tour's O-line grades for this week come out. And if JM is starter, maybe he can make lemonade out of those lemons. We'll hope and see.

All the more reason to go with the guy who can improvise. I'm tired of hearing how the receivers weren't where he expected then to be so he threw it to a defender instead. If they're not where they're supposed to be, you improvise, brian. You improvise.

I think John Gruden said something like 70% of NFL plays go as planned, 30% break down which is where the Manziel improv could be good.

Of course, 70% of our plays Sunday didn't go as planned. Well maybe they did, but Hoya missed many guys.

All the more reason to go with the guy who can improvise. I'm tired of hearing how the receivers weren't where he expected then to be so he threw it to a defender instead. If they're not where they're supposed to be, you improvise, brian. You improvise.

Lol. Good one. I agree. At this point try Johnny and see what happens. It may look like a desperation move, but let's not try to hide the fact that we are just that for making the playoffs. Joe might say starting him means we are looking towards next year already...but that was last week's statement. Things are already different now.

Here's all I can say:

Mike Pettine has been fed up with the antics of Manziel for quite some time (late night stuff, the vegas stuff, etc)

Mike Pettine and a few veterans prefer Hoyer

Kyle Shanahan prefers Manziel because he benefits the offense more.

A lot of people want Manziel to start within the organization but are afraid to speak up for job security reasons.

Hoyer WILL NOT be back UNDER ANY circumstance next year barring a miracle.

I honestly, truly, deep down believe if Harbaugh becomes available Haslam will make a run at him.

I am to the point where I want Manziel to start and succeed. Having said that the "antics" as you call them are a legitimate concern. When a guy can't even get his ass to bed before 3:30 am on the night before a game where he has the real potential to play its pathetic. More pathetic is he isn't even discrete enough to keep it out of the public eye. People can try to defend that saying he is still just a kid but thats BS. At his level of athletic performance there is no doubt that would have a more than negative effect on his play.

Regarding Harbaugh I think that is highly unlikely. Haslam took a lot of heat for the way he quickly fired the last coach. It was a huge factor in why most coaches wouldnt come here. If he fires another coach after a year, one who took us to our best record in years, he won't get anyone to coach in Cleveland.

Jesus who the hell cares what the guy does in his free time if he shows up and plays well. He could not sleep at all for all I care if Manziel went out and played like we saw against the Bills. It's clear as day that getting there early to prepare didn't work for Hoyer. As long as Manziel isn't getting into legal trouble it doesn't matter to me in the slightest.

I am to the point where I want Manziel to start and succeed. Having said that the "antics" as you call them are a legitimate concern. When a guy can't even get his ass to bed before 3:30 am on the night before a game where he has the real potential to play its pathetic. More pathetic is he isn't even discrete enough to keep it out of the public eye.

Regarding Harbaugh I think that is highly unlikely. Haslam took a lot of heat for the way he quickly fired the last coach. It was a huge factor in why most coaches wouldnt come here. If he fires another coach after a year, one who took us to our best record in years, he won't get anyone to coach in Cleveland.

I haven't seen anything about his 3:30am tweet, but I wonder if he woulda done the same had he gotten the call earlier this week. Who knows, maybe he woke up in the middle of the night and decided to tweet about it. Anyway, he was on time.

And it's ludicrous for people to seriously be thinking about coaching changes.

I'll offer my take. For one, I liked the Manziel pick. However; I was happy with Hoyer being the starter, and allowing Manziel to sit, learn the pro game and develop properly so as to NOT ruin another QB. Furthermore we have a new front office and a new head coach. This truly is a building year, and by winning 7 games (which nobody expected, though I did) they are looking as though they are heading in the right direction. With another draft under the new regime's belt, and getting all of our injured guys back next year, 2015 looks to be the year to take that next step and get to the post season. I did not expect and still do not expect the Browns to make the playoffs this year. They would have win out, and get a lot of help. Having said that, they may as well go with Manziel for these last 3 games, so we can see what we have with him and find out if he can provide that spark going into next season. I'll tell you this, Hoyer with his performance over the last few games has not made a case for cashing in on a big payday here or elsewhere. In fact, he may end up back here as a back up, and I'd be OK with that. Given his recent performance, who is going to give him a big contract? A team that is desperate, and two come to mind Oakland, or Tennessee, and that is it!

I've been a Hoyer supporter, but this game made it obvious that he has regressed to the level of Weeden, Frye, and all the others who passed through here. I'll be disgusted if he plays another snap for this team...let alone starts another game. Hopefully the Manziel lovers will be right. If not....here we go again. I think the reason that Pettine would not go to Manziel yesterday was because of him getting to the game late, and attitude. Personally. I would have hoped he would have made the change at halftime. I don't care that JF parties when he shouldn't. Why not?....he's not going to get in the game....so he doesn't really need to be ready or anything. It's sickening, the way the defense and special teams played, and then lose the game because the qb can't play at an average level. Pettine either needs to put Manziel in for Cincy or find someone else. Hoyer sucks. He has shown that he is as advertised.....back up only.....definitely proved me wrong.

The Manziel fans better be right- we'll be on quarterback #22 or something like that- I'm getting damn tired of it.

Regarding the red you're one injury snap away from getting in the game JFF, so it does behoove you to be ready.

I'll agree, the way the D played, even average qb play- not a crappy 32 qbr would have gotten the win. Would have helped if Cundiff hadn't missed that FG either.

pettines a fucking bitch Louis Brian piccolo fuck him. Manziel would've won us this game and we would have a great chance for the playoffs

How do you know that Manziel would have won the game?

I was just thinking. . . we really do need another Manziel thread.

The other 50 just aren't enough.

So... are you declaring an e-MERGE-ency?

I'll hate myself tomorrow...

Speaking of Ghoulardi, do you remember Bob Wells who played Houlihan with Big Chuck. I live in Palm Harbor, Florida and last week had to have my shoulder X-rayed. While waiting there was a man in front of me giving his name Bob Wells. Anyway I took a good look at him and asked him if he was Houlihan I knew already it was him he looks the same just older with a ton of white hair. I told him I grew up in Cleveland and watched him with my brothers and sisters while growing up. While we were talking the nurses and technicians were googling him and watching his skits on you tube. Small world. I still laugh when I think about the skit they did called the "Six Dollar Man"

Archived