THE BROWNS BOARD

Haslam/Farmer Post Season Presser

BaconHound

The one thing that I don't understand around here is this 49er syndrome that surrounds players. I think Joe Thomas is declining but until there is a better option I want him on the team. Our WR core without Gordon isn't NFL quality and you won't replace him without spending a good amount of cash, he really is cheap for what you get.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one thing that I don't understand around here is this 49er syndrome that surrounds players. I think Joe Thomas is declining but until there is a better option I want him on the team. Our WR core without Gordon isn't NFL quality and you won't replace him without spending a good amount of cash, he really is cheap for what you get.

What good is he to the team when he gets popped for smoking weed and is lost for a year? It's going to happen. IT's not a matter of if it happens, it's when it happens and best that it happens when hes someone elses problem.

but at some point, if you really want to walk the talk so to speak, you have to back it up.....they are desparatey trying to change the culture and this is how you do it.....and its the time to do it to.....takes balls, and in the end, will pay off

What exactly has Puffy done to help us W I N games?

I'm waiting..............

Still waiting.............

Done waiting.............. Nothing.

He was arguably the 2nd best WR in the NFL in 2013 regardless of how you feel about him.

I try not to let emotion drive my thoughts. I agree Gordon is a wildcard but any team who trades for him will low ball it and he is a legit #1 WR, especially on the Browns.

And based on this logic Farmer should cut the whole team cause there isn't one guy on this team that has won anything

what makes you so sure they won't mess up the next draft also?

What makes you analyze only the first round of the draft? Do you think West and Bitionio were bad picks? How about Kirksey? Do you think Crowell and Kuwann were bad UDFA's? First round busts suck for sure but there are bars full of them LOL

He was arguably the 2nd best WR in the NFL in 2013 regardless of how you feel about him.

I try not to let emotion drive my thoughts. I agree Gordon is a wildcard but any team who trades for him will low ball it and he is a legit #1 WR, especially on the Browns.

And based on this logic Farmer should cut the whole team cause there isn't one guy on this team that has won anything

A #1 WR when he gives effort and is one piss test away from fucking up like he has done his entire life.

What makes you analyze only the first round of the draft? Do you think West and Bitionio were bad picks? How about Kirksey? Do you think Crowell and Kuwann were bad UDFA's? First round busts suck for sure but there are bars full of them LOL

You have to admit the first round is very important. If you added CJ Mosley and Kelvin Benjamin Farmer would look like a genius

You have to admit the first round is very important. If you added CJ Mosley and Kelvin Benjamin Farmer would look like a genius

Yes it's important but you have to look a the whole body of work. If I played the hindsight game id wish for Beckam and whoever in the first. If Beckam doesn't get ROY it's a travesty.

Time to take a step back folks. None of these guys is going to get cut. I also doubt we trade any of them, but I will admit that might be a possibility. Just depends on what happens and who might want them.

Gordon would be the first to go because his upside off sets his liability to some degree. Manziel has a long ways to go but it is too soon to say we know how that book will read.

Gilbert? I really don't understand his problem. He was a top rated corner and corners can usually make the transition pretty well. Maybe the money was his goal. Winning the lottery so to speak.

Of the three, Gilbert is my biggest disappointment. Everything pre draft pointed to him being a difference maker. I don't really blame Farmer for the pick. Had we not selected him when we did, one of the next 2-3 teams would have.

Johnny would be next, but we really haven't seen enough of a sample, though I will say I'd like to see a few less shots of him in Vegas and read more about him being in Berea as much as league rules allow.

5-14 with Gordon playing the last 2 years. So to answer your question NOTHING

Time to take a step back folks. None of these guys is going to get cut. I also doubt we trade any of them, but I will admit that might be a possibility. Just depends on what happens and who might want them.

Gordon would be the first to go because his upside off sets his liability to some degree. Manziel has a long ways to go but it is too soon to say we know how that book will read.

Gilbert? I really don't understand his problem. He was a top rated corner and corners can usually make the transition pretty well. Maybe the money was his goal. Winning the lottery so to speak.

Of the three, Gilbert is my biggest disappointment. Everything pre draft pointed to him being a difference maker. I don't really blame Farmer for the pick. Had we not selected him when we did, one of the next 2-3 teams would have.

Johnny would be next, but we really haven't seen enough of a sample, though I will say I'd like to see a few less shots of him in Vegas and read more about him being in Berea as much as league rules allow.

I have to disagree a bit. 1) we have seen plenty of Manziel to assess his character and ability to be a leader. At this point his field performance is irrelevant, he is a cancer to the team. 2) someone's getting cut I think Gordon. It is possible he will be traded if his status as I believe his status will not be free agent or RFA next year. With 5 games played he owes us a full contract year. I think it will be upheld if its challenged.

How many wins did the "2nd best WR in the NFL in 2013" net us??

ooooooooooo, a whopping 4 games? What a stud L M A O

Think you're wrong on all counts.

You do realize there are 11 guys on the field at a time

Exactly, thank you for making my point for me. Man I love debating with the challenged.

Defense can't stop the run

Bad special teams

Lack of size/talent in key offensive positions

QB controversy without a decent one to be had

According to everyone on here, not me, horrible OC

Defense can't stop the run- how many guys were out? Taylor, Rubin, Kitchen, and about 2-3 more. We were starting practice squad players on D-line against the Ravens if you didn't notice.

Bad special teams, I'll agree. It's the easiest area to fix though. Maybe Gilbert wasn't given the chance to return kickoffs because of a shitty attitude.

Manziel was boom\bust. Looks like bust.

We're drafting a wr next year, count on it.

So because of lack of size\ skill on the offense, Shanahan is a bum? Can't have it both ways.

Like it or not they need the talent Josh Gordon has. I hate to say it cause he's a fuckhead and is one bong hit from the bench but they need talent

Near certainty he's gone.

they are all gone....im listening now....whitner said it 10 times....where throwing those guys off the bus and getting guys who want to win

Caught most of Haslam's post game comments. Gordon is gone for sure, JFF may well be, 50\50 on Gilbert. Jimmy stressed "accountability". You hurt the team if you're not. Can't blame Gordon on the current staff- but Farmer and Pettine messed up on Manziel and Gilbert. JFF was a known attitude risk- Mike thought he could straighten him out- looks like they may have been wrong big time. Don't know how Gilbert turned into such a head case.

Puffy has elite talent, and a marshmallow brain. Bacon, do you have attention deficit disorder- remember Puffy's comments when he got off suspension? Considering he's on his last strike, not only with the League, but with the team- missing\being late for a practice is inexcusable.The Browns have bended over backwards giving Gordon every chance in the world to get his shit together. Apparently - he can't.

He has a choice when he gets shipped out- to be another Chris Carter (that would really suck), or another Justin Blackmon.

Both his and Manziel's comments- as opposed to their actions, reek of incincerity.

suffice to say Farmer better pick WR early?

I'm thinking Tackle/WR with first two picks

He has a choice when he gets shipped out- to be another Chris Carter (that would really suck), or another Justin Blackmon.

No worries there. He will become another Blackmon, remember when everyone in here went nuts when we passed on him.

suffice to say Farmer better pick WR early?

From my observations of Farmer, I don't see him picking a WR in the 1st Round this year.

For one thing, I don't think we've got a QB on the Roster that can hit a WR that can take the top off the D.

Upper mid range yea, but the real long ball we've not had much success at this year.

Farmer's done a pretty good job picking up some UDFA and FA WR's, so for now I can see him staying on this path.

Would I like to see some tall speedsters at WR?

Yeah, but it's like driving a Ferrari during Rush Hour right now as far as we're concerned.

Archived