THE BROWNS BOARD

Haslam/Farmer Post Season Presser

BaconHound

Agree, Gordon is just an idiot. Goodbye Johnny Football you've just been replace by "Connie Football" Gilbert is guilty by association. Birds of a feather SHIT together.

GO BROWNS ! (FIXED)

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gordon, Manziel, and/or Gilbert gone ?

Don't be counting on it yet :

Tony Grossi @TonyGrossi · 2h 2 hours ago Haslam indicated disciplined players won't be released.

Furthermore :

Tony Grossi @TonyGrossi · 2h 2 hours ago Haslam on manziel, Gordon: They disrespected team, fans, staff. We're gonna give them chance to grow up.

Priority #1 :

Tony Grossi @TonyGrossi · 2h 2 hours ago Jimmy Haslam said #Browns going to work 'tomorrow' on QB situation.

Personally, I'd like to see them bring Hoyer back, keep Manziel on the bench, and have them build both sides of the Line.

Face it, Hoyer's the best QB we've got right now, the porous Center line did his mechanics in with Mack out - he can give us wins until we get our Franchise guy (which may be a ways off yet).

Sadly I don't see Hoyer being back, we'll be off chasing some other cast off FA Veteran for this.

Hard keeping up with the Browns right now, especially with REAL NFL teams still playing football on TV....... Everyone laughs at us, and deservedly so.

Go get em Jimmy, and please, more 1st round picks like Ryan Leaf v2.0 please. You're doing a great job.

Exactly, thank you for making my point for me. Man I love debating with the challenged.

Yeah you got me Josh Gordon is responsible for the teams wins or losses, but it's a team game, genius.

If you think that Josh Gordon doesn't make this team better your thick

Yeah you got me Josh Gordon is responsible for the teams wins or losses, but it's a team game, genius.

Yup, we're awesome.

The team got worse when he showed up this year.

He isn't responsible for wins and losses but he didn't make the team better either

The team got worse when he showed up this year.

He isn't responsible for wins and losses but he didn't make the team better either

He didn't really get on the same page with Hoyer and Manziel.

Not saying he isn't a risk but with such a meager cap hit and given he is one year removed from 87 1,600 and 9 I'd risk it.

Ask Hoyer how much better the team was when he came in and ran the wrong routes over and over. Or the WRs playing opposite him when he sells them out by not going full bore when he isn't the prime target. Or anyone else on the team altogether when he missed 70% of the season. He'll help this team a lot more if the draft pick we acquire for him pans out . . . If I was the GM anyway. Seriously dont understand why you would want to keep putting up with his bullshit.

Agreed. We need quarterback, wide receiver, possibly a tight end, defensive help, special teams. Is it possible to sign Hoyer, draft a wide receiver and a DT, and keep Shaw?

He only makes the team better when he's actually on the active roster and playing in games. My count says he's been suspended for 13 games. Next off season drug bust will make that 29. TBD if he's worth that risk. Personally- no. But I'm not the GM.

Gordon, Manziel, and/or Gilbert gone ?

Don't be counting on it yet :

Furthermore :

Priority #1 :

Personally, I'd like to see them bring Hoyer back, keep Manziel on the bench, and have them build both sides of the Line.

Face it, Hoyer's the best QB we've got right now, the porous Center line did his mechanics in with Mack out - he can give us wins until we get our Franchise guy (which may be a ways off yet).

Sadly I don't see Hoyer being back, we'll be off chasing some other cast off FA Veteran for this.

I would like to see Hoyer back and Manziel gone but don't think you'll see either. I can see St Louis, Houston and maybe even Washington taking a look at Hoyer

I dont think anybodys gonna get "cut".....they'll let things smooth out....say they'll get better....talk nice and then try to get something

Agree 100% At least two of these guys are gone, the FO have decided to let it die down and then run a propaganda campaign to attract suitors. We will talk up the maturity, try to let them shine in early camps and hope to hell someone bites on the mirage.

If you think Gordon made this team better this year you are wrong genius. His presence on and off the field was disruptive. He had a LOT of time on his hands to digest the play book and get in shape and failed on both counts. Coming back from a 10 game suspension he cant make 6 games without having a major dumb ass attack. Don't be surprised if he bombs a random after the weekend fun either.

A healthy mentally rational Gordon without whatever demons he has would be a game changer, this guy in a death spiral is cut bait.

I can hardly wait for the spin that is going to come out of Berea Ohio. Even Dramamine won't help that sickness in the pit of my stomach.

I, for one, am not expecting "spin".

Certainly not from Pettine.

Not really from Farmer.

Unlikely from Haslam, if he even speaks.

Not to say that I expect the complete, unvarnished truth on every topic. There's simply a great deal of room between those two extremes.

I, for one, am not expecting "spin".

Certainly not from Pettine.

Not really from Farmer.

Unlikely from Haslam, if he even speaks.

Not to say that I expect the complete, unvarnished truth on every topic. There's simply a great deal of room between those two extremes.

I expect that we'll hear all positive things all the way to OTAs, giving the illusion that things have somehow changed, and we'll be walking endlessly towards that mirage and before we know it, it'll be the 2016 draft and that mirage will be "within our grasp".

Funny thing about mirages though........

You can't dump first round picks after one season unless you want to tank your franchise for the next 10 years. You have to hit on them. They have to be given every chance to be successful.

The owner can make all the threats he wants but these young players would be snatched up quickly if they were let go. They are still young and you have to be patient with them and hope the light turns on.

Gordon is a different animal. I would have released him after his drug suspension. You can't trust him any longer.

Be clear, it's not they, it's he - as in Ryan Leaf v2.0

You can't dump first round picks after one season unless you want to tank your franchise for the next 10 years. You have to hit on them. They have to be given every chance to be successful.

The owner can make all the threats he wants but these young players would be snatched up quickly if they were let go. They are still young and you have to be patient with them and hope the light turns on.

Gordon is a different animal. I would have released him after his drug suspension. You can't trust him any longer.

I'm for trading Gordon for whatever can be gotten for him, but with that said, Gordon's 23 and has proven to be an elite, game-changing player. Manziel is 22 and hasn't proven shit.

The team/organization has already proven that they're willing to get rid of a first round pick, no matter how unpopular at the time the decision was (see Richardson, Trent). Now that turned out to be a great move because we stole a first round pick for a guy who truly does suck. In my view, I've seen enough of Manziel to put him out there on the trade block and see what he brings. Same with Gordon. Gilbert, I'm willing to give a 2nd chance to because I think he has less strikes (as someone else has said) and he is a first round pick with loads of talent. I'm not sure Manziel has the talent to play at this level. It's clear at this point that he is nowhere near mature enough and doesn't seem to give a shit.

No. Dumping a shitty first round pick after one year sets you back a year. Forcing them into the lineup because you want to pretend the pick wasn't horrible can cost several more years. You can polish a turd - but it is still a turd. And Manziel stinks..

You are like a broken record. I don't agree with your comparisons. Not sure what else you want me to say?

Broken record maybe, but I'm right on v2.0

No. Dumping a shitty first round pick after one year sets you back a year. Forcing them into the lineup because you don't want to pretend the pick wasn't horrible can cost several more years. You can polish a turd - but it is still a turd. And Manziel stinks..

^^^ This

The team/organization has already proven that they're willing to get rid of a first round pick, no matter how unpopular at the time the decision was (see Richardson, Trent). Now that turned out to be a great move because we stole a first round pick for a guy who truly does suck. In my view, I've seen enough of Manziel to put him out there on the trade block and see what he brings. Same with Gordon. Gilbert, I'm willing to give a 2nd chance to because I think he has less strikes (as someone else has said) and he is a first round pick with loads of talent. I'm not sure Manziel has the talent to play at this level. It's clear at this point that he is nowhere near mature enough and doesn't seem to give a shit.

As usual Mark speaks for me. I am as pissed tonight as I have ever been regarding the Browns, and especially towards v2.0 so my posts probably reflect that.

As usual Mark speaks for me. I am as pissed tonight as I have ever been regarding the Browns, and especially towards v2.0 so my posts probably reflect that.

Not sure I'm comfortable with the responsibility of speaking for any of you. The difference between myself and a lot of you is that although I love the Browns and want them to win each and every week, its not something that pisses me off. The season was a fun one since we were actually relevant into December, only really played 1 truly stinker game and I think heading in the right direction. Whether we truly are heading in the right direction or not remains to be seen but I feel pretty good about the front office for the first time in a few years. Probably since Mangini...I thought he had us heading in the right direction as well.

Mark said it all. We cut bait with Richardson- if the staff has had enough of JF BS- they will hve no compunction sending him packing either.

Getting draft picks in return is always a good thing. Browns hosed the Colts on the Richardson trade.

I don't think you would get much for Manziel. His off the field stuff is too much.

I agree...but if that's the case then the best thing would be to cut bait with him if the team/FO feels that he's not worth the distraction.

Given how young he is, I'd be shocked if we couldn't get even a 5th or 6th round pick for him. Maybe we could just trade him to the Rams for Bradford.

I'm for trading Gordon for whatever can be gotten for him, but with that said, Gordon's 23 and has proven to be an elite, game-changing player. Manziel is 22 and hasn't proven shit.

Gilbert is also young.

Look, we've got these three essentially on the cheap for the duration of their current contract.

I see us keeping them probably most if not all of this upcoming Season - with the possibility of a trade by next Season's deadline.

I expect we'll keep working them, and hopefully they'll turn it around (lot of potential talent), but at least I see us trying to maximize our gains from these Players and minimize our losses.

I've seen a few minor flashes from Gilbert, Gordon we all know has massive potential, and for me at least the jury's still out on Manziel.

Should be another interesting Off Season, and with a little continuity possibly some progress.

Post Game Interview I saw with Thomas was that he was looking forward to next Season and being in the Playoffs - that's a real possibility if things work out right.

I think we're on the right course, and hopefully we'll continue to make progress.

Archived