THE BROWNS BOARD

Haslam/Farmer Post Season Presser

BaconHound

What really sucks, is that there isn't a person on this forum that can argue against that statement.

yeah...if they chop him, he would be about the quickest,,,,but, Id at least give props to the FO for having the balls to admit the mistake and move on, instead of the usual 3 year snow job

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When we lined up Gabriel, Hawkins & Benjamin it looked like a High School team

and with Johnny in there it would like like the Wizard of Oz

Thought this was interesting ... From ESPiN

"Prior to Sunday's game, Browns owner Jimmy Haslam sat with general manager Ray Farmer on the Ravens bench for almost 45 minutes in a lively discussion. It's very unusual for an owner and GM to sit on the opposing team's bench before a game. During the discussion, Haslam was frequently gesturing to Farmer."

I predict Haslam is going to man up and admit he made the mistake on Johnny. It's the smartest thpeople mg he can do to restore public confidence in the FO. I believe the team is going to come down very hard on all three tomorrow with further disciplinary action as well. Haslam made a statement last year when he nuked the entire FO and staff. Expect lower level staff and at least one of the three stooges to get the nuke tomorrow. I will guess that Johnny is traded, Gordon is traded , Gilbert gets a chance , Tabor and Loggains are fired.

I'll have much more respect for the entire organization if we simply cut Ryan Leaf v2.0 Yes, it sux beyond bad that we have wasted another 1st round pick - yet again, but it's usually best to limit your damages when possible.

There isn't a team in the league that would give us anything higher than a 6th round pick for the douchebag, and our FO has shown the ability to uncover gold in the UDFA market.

I literally hate the guy.

they are all gone....im listening now....whitner said it 10 times....where throwing those guys off the bus and getting guys who want to win

Well...one thing I'll give Haslam credit for is, it looks like he's going to let Pettine sink or swim with the guys he wants.

I'll have much more respect for the entire organization if we simply cut Ryan Leaf v2.0 Yes, it sux beyond bad that we have wasted another 1st round pick - yet again, but it's usually best to limit your damages when possible.

The only positive ( and I use that term very loosely) is that it was an extra first round pick that was wasted. We still have 2 this year.

Admitting a mistake and moving on would certainly earn Haslam and company a ton of respect from the fans.

There will be some team that is willing to think they can change Puffy, and that he is the missing piece they need to make a run, so he does have trade value.

I like it....accountability across the board....making the players accountable by cutting them....admitting they are the wriong ones...and sending a great message to the rest of the team that best players play and no one is coddled.....all good from my perspective

The only positive ( and I use that term very loosely) is that it was an extra first round pick that was wasted. We still have 2 this year.

Admitting a mistake and moving on would certainly earn Haslam and company a ton of respect from the fans.

what makes you so sure they won't mess up the next draft also?

No way of knowing.....but I'd rather be optimistic rather than pessimistic.

It's getting harder and harder to be optimistic

what makes you so sure they won't mess up the next draft also?

Unfortunately that's a great question. At least we have the UDFAs to hang our hat on.

I would say that it is so hard to be consistently horrible with our 1st round picks, that we are bound to hit a good one just based on probability alone.

Dobbs Ferry must be out of MD 20/20.

Not saying that Benjamin, Hawkins and Gabriel deserve to be cut tomorrow but the NFL requires that you have bigger receivers and those three are tiny. They won't win 50/50 balls and they showed that today.

i get the size issue. problem is farmer didn't think it was necessary to draft a wr. so until i get given the keys to the GM office i'll let the guy in there already do his job without wailing outside like a little girl every time something goes wrong.

i mean mcdonalds hasn't fired you for every fry you drop on the floor correct?

do they even make MD 20/20 anymore?

i get the size issue. problem is farmer didn't think it was necessary to draft a wr last draft. so until i get given the keys to the GM office i'll let the guy in there already do his job without wailing outside like a little girl every time something goes wrong.

do they even make MD 20/20 anymore?

Putting faith in the guy who drafted Manziel/Gilbert, good call, put down the cleaning products

It's like saying your crazy girlfriend has great qualities and she can come around... But you look around the Bitch stole all your stuff and fucked the homeless guy at the freeway exit holding a sign for help. You have to cut the cancer off.

Gordon's only a $1.6 million cap hit, hard to get a #1 WR for that money.

We'll immediately get better by subtraction .............. immediately.

i get the size issue. problem is farmer didn't think it was necessary to draft a wr. so until i get given the keys to the GM office i'll let the guy in there already do his job without wailing outside like a little girl every time something goes wrong.

do they even make MD 20/20 anymore

Hell ya! Just check the county jail drunk tanks.

Archived