THE BROWNS BOARD

Haslam/Farmer Post Season Presser

BaconHound

Not all, Steve... and still not hatin'... although I have gotten closer.

I think it is safe to say that this staff was very demanding... especially at the skilled positions. How many rotations did we go through at RB alone with guys taking turns not impressing during a week's practice? We saw some of the same at CB and WR. Not all players respond well to that kind of pressure.

Gordon: I still hold out hope for him for two reasons. First, he performed last year. Second, because contrary to what some are posting here, he does not have one foot on a banana peel forever. After a year of clean tests, he gets a partial reset.
I want to see what Josh does through a full, normal season... Training Camp through Week 17, 2015.

Gilbert: Young and impressionable? OK.. I'll buy it for a second year.

Manziel: This is the guy I use to send the message. Even forgoing the tweet during the BLT game, there's the mid-week mea culpa followed by the party on Friday. That was my personal "straw". I see nothing here of value. I see only a void sucking the life out of my team. That's how he should be treated.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WSS, if Manziel would've worked harder so he could do the walk along with the talk, then yes people would be behind him. But:

1. He's shown he doesn't work hard, just parties, and his performance showed that.

2. He admits he hasn't worked hard enough and blamed that on his poor showing.

3. Continues to screw off and party, and now affecting other players.

Tour, I agree with you on all three, except I'm not sure yet I'd be so lenient with Gordon. Let's just say I'll be fine with whatever the staff decides to do with him. If they decide he has to go, better be for some kind of trade, not just a cut.

WSS, if Manziel would've worked harder so he could do the walk along with the talk, then yes people would be behind him. But:

1. He's shown he doesn't work hard, just parties, and his performance showed that.

///He's showing nothing of the sort. He's shown that he does party but there's no credible evidence that he doesn't also work hard. His performance shows a rookie thrown into the fire after a team collapse.///

///any professional looking back on any kind of failure will kick themselves in the ass and say man maybe I should have worked harder. After the Cincinnati game do you think Joe Thomas whose performance was horrendous might have looked back and say damn it I wish I prepared a little more?/////

3/////and the haters would say if he didn't party with his teammates he wasn't bonding with them./////

Tour, I agree with you on all three, except I'm not sure yet I'd be so lenient with Gordon. Let's just say I'll be fine with whatever the staff decides to do with him. If they decide he has to go, better be for some kind of trade, not just a cut.

Not all, Steve... and still not hatin'... although I have gotten closer.

I think it is safe to say that this staff was very demanding... especially at the skilled positions. How many rotations did we go through at RB alone with guys taking turns not impressing during a week's practice? We saw some of the same at CB and WR. Not all players respond well to that kind of pressure.

Gordon: I still hold out hope for him for two reasons. First, he performed last year. Second, because contrary to what some are posting here, he does not have one foot on a banana peel forever. After a year of clean tests, he gets a partial reset.

I want to see what Josh does through a full, normal season... Training Camp through Week 17, 2015.

Manziel: This is the guy I use to send the message. Even forgoing the tweet during the BLT game, there's the mid-week mea culpa followed by the party on Friday. That was my personal "straw". I see nothing here of value. I see only a void sucking the life out of my team. That's how he should be treated.

I think that is a good assessment. They heard from the owner yesterday their behavior is not going to be tolerated for much longer. I think he means it.

But the first time he wins a game here all the haters will be on their feet making the money sign.

Im not so sure.....#1) that he'll ever even win a game here.....#2) that the haters will do the money sign if he does...

My guess is that neither will ever happen. The next time the money sign shows up on Cleveland is when we SACK Johnny....

Im with you .....almost.......

Gordon: While I see the benefits of trying again with him, I also see this coaching staff is committed to getting the right type of players and clearly Josh doesn't meet that criteria. It would be hypocrisy for them to keep the "good" player, but let go of the others for behavioral reasons. Plus, with his contract status AND massive talent, I think we can get something for him. So, I'd like to see us trade him. As Ive said before....a "move up" package....

Gilbert: Because he has obvious talent and has flashed potential several times, I think we should keep him and try again next year. I think he looks weak mentally, but only time will tell. 1 more year.

Manziel: Yep. I think he has to go. He's had a massive negative effect on this team and no positives that I can see. All the HUGE negatives that were discussed BEFORE the draft have manifested in spades through out the season. I think he has divided the fans and possibly the locker room. Maybe the worst pick since Craig Powell...There are A LOT of teams desperate for a qb, I say add him to the "trade up" bait and get him the hell outta here!!!!

Jim Donovan was just on KNR saying he is poison...I agree

Telling :

Brian took a souvenir?.....my guess...

Douche bag Skip Bayless just called Johnny an alcoholic and a liar....hahahaha.....this is getting hilarious really.....and Johnny says he didn't have a party, he was just out partying with friends from Texas(because there's a difference) and he has to stop being a jackass(his words)....hahahaha....you cant write this stuff

http://www.complex.com/sports/2014/12/skip-bayless-called-johnny-manziel-alcoholic-liar-espn-first-take

no....no qb's.....but maybe move intoa top 10 type of pick

edit...raiders have #5 and seem like the type of team to take johnny and/or gordon

The Raiders have Carr, who I then and now would have liked to have gotten with the Johnny Pick. We could have stayed in that spot.

///He's showing nothing of the sort. He's shown that he does party but there's no credible evidence that he doesn't also work hard. His performance shows a rookie thrown into the fire after a team collapse.///

Shaw was put in the same situation, and did better than our first round draft pick.

///any professional looking back on any kind of failure will kick themselves in the ass and say man maybe I should have worked harder. After the Cincinnati game do you think Joe Thomas whose performance was horrendous might have looked back and say damn it I wish I prepared a little more?/////

So hindsight is what it is. Except where Joe Thomas is probably being hard on himself if he says it, I believe Johnny is right about himself, even if he doesn't believe it or care to believe it.

3/////and the haters would say if he didn't party with his teammates he wasn't bonding with them./////

There are no win situations I guess. Bonding with them by partying with them just a day and half away from game time...eh...find a better way to bond I say.

Archived