THE BROWNS BOARD

Cardale Jones

WalterWhite

True... and I got the feeling that Jones ball would cut through a December wind off the Lake.

Draft him and keep him the fuck off of ESPN Sport Science...

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After considering all the factors.....if I was Cardale, would try to get something from coach Meyer to indicate if I was going to play or not.....and if there was no guarantee(which I highly doubt Meyer would do), then I would declare.....

I think there is no doubt he would get drafted....but if he stayed at OSU, then there IS doubt, because anything could happen.....

I say get the money while it's hot.....

I did some checking for other similar QB's, who were drafted but barely played.......Jay Schreoder is one that I found who only played one college game, yet was drafted in the 3rd round and had a long career......a couple others were Brad Johnson and AJ Feeley, both of whom played less than one college season and still got drafted late(7th & 5th rounds).....

Matt Cassell comes to mind here, as well. Never played in college at USC because he sat behind Leinart and Sanchez his whole time there. Then came into the NFL as Brady's backup and had that one year where the Pats went 12-4 when he came in after Brady tore his ACL. But then Cassell didn't really do anything after that and has been pretty average/below-average since.

Matt Cassell comes to mind here, as well. Never played in college at USC because he sat behind Leinart and Sanchez his whole time there. Then came into the NFL as Brady's backup and had that one year where the Pats went 12-4 when he came in after Brady tore his ACL. But then Cassell didn't really do anything after that and has been pretty average/below-average since.

you know, I looked up sanchez because I thought it was him who hadn't played.....now I see I had him confused with Cassell....thanks for jarring my memory

I think Cassel did fairly well in KC. (for a while) His NFL career is more illustrious than Lenarts.

But in New England it was a decent quarterback in a good situation, and in KC it was a decent qb with a lot less tools.

Beyond that how much comparison between Cassel and Cardale Jones is valid?

True... and I got the feeling that Jones ball would cut through a December wind off the Lake.

Draft him and keep him the fuck off of ESPN Sport Science...

My thoughts too. OSU not even my team and I think this guy is for real. The jury is still out but he looks like a cold weather tough QB to me.

And he can throw it 80 freaking yards......which is something very very special......just get him someone fast enough to run under a few of those and it's over....

An arm like that could create new defensive designs...cause they'll have to have an extra man deep....always....and as shanny would say, thats means it's time to run right...;)

So ... Draft Cardale and Devin Smith? :)

So ... Draft Cardale and Devin Smith? :)

ha...yes!.....where's Renaldo Neamiah when you need him

Cardale just announced that he will announce at 3 pm today....from the Ginn Academy.....

Sounds like a fancy pressy where there's something to say.....id say he's declaring for sure

Cardale just announced that he will announce at 3 pm today....from the Ginn Academy.....

Sounds like a fancy pressy where there's something to say.....id say he's declaring for sure

I saw he tweeted something along the lines of "life changing decision at 3:00pm".

I don't think returning to school and doing it all over again is changing anything. Looks like he's going pro.

sounds like he's jumping the gun just a little bit with the LeBron James size ego...

WSS

Well, if he's smart, he will hire a top flight coach to get him ready for a pro day and the combine......time to start building a pro....

Braxton Miller and JT Barrett gotta be thinking.....wtf just happened?!?......hahahaha

Well, if he's smart, he will hire a top flight coach to get him ready for a pro day and the combine......time to start building a pro....

Braxton Miller and JT Barrett gotta be thinking.....wtf just happened?!?......hahahaha

I hear Whitfield really churns em out haha. But I can't say I blame the kid for this decision as I'd be shocked if he's doing this to say he's staying. I think when the dust settles he'll fall as a prospect but someone will scoop him up in the late 3rd or 4th for sure. It's one of those things where his stock could easily rise but could easily fall too. It's pretty crazy to think Ohio State is losing a national champion QB and turning to two Heisman finalists, but I'm not complaining.

https://twitter.com/SchefterESPN/status/555783843710382081

#OSU QB Cardale Jones declares for the 2015 #NFL Draft, calls #Cleveland #Browns "his dream job". http://cl.ly/image/412l21211B16 #ESPN

Retweet
Favorite
More

Agree... declare, kid. I guarantee you will be able to cover your tuition, room and board.

Which is better than making bad decisions... something a defensive minded HC just might like.

There are differences though.

Ben held because he did not see anything he liked.

JaMarcus held on because he did not see anything.

So far Jones looks more like Ben to my eye.

I agree. However there are times holding onto the ball can be a bad decision, look no further then Cardale rolling out to escape pressure and losing the ball against Oregon.

Young man has to realize that sometimes its a win to throw it away and live to play another down.

https://twitter.com/SchefterESPN/status/555783843710382081

#OSU QB Cardale Jones declares for the 2015 #NFL Draft, calls #Cleveland #Browns "his dream job". http://cl.ly/image/412l21211B16 #ESPN

Retweet
Favorite
More

LOL, Johnny Boy yall just got yourself some competition. "Make it so" Farmer. :) :) :)

I like what he did for the buckeyes in 3 BIG GAMES! However i think people are some what over hypeing him not sure id use a 1st round pick on someone whose played a total of 3 games.

I'm as big a Buckeye as you'll find, I wouldn't put a 1st rounder into Cardale.

However, its of the consensus on this board we'd like to see a mid to late round QB with development potential. I can't think of a better prospect.

My question is, if he's worried about being beat out or not starting at OSU, how does he figure he can play in the NFL? All of this transferring to a D2 school talk, NFL stock status,Urban telling him/gaurenteeing him he's the started doesn't make sense. If he is not good enough to beat out JT and Braxton how is he good enough to get drafted?

I think he is the best QB on the team btw.

My question is, if he's worried about being beat out or not starting at OSU, how does he figure he can play in the NFL? All of this transferring to a D2 school talk, NFL stock status,Urban telling him/gaurenteeing him he's the started doesn't make sense. If he is not good enough to beat out JT and Braxton how is he good enough to get drafted?

I think it has more to do with having a wife and a baby only recently.

Its all about the "Benjamins $". Why ride the bench and make nothing with potential to start. Or ride the bench get PAID, and get the head start to learning how to be an NFL starting QB. Its a no brainer...

Archived