THE BROWNS BOARD

Cardale Jones

WalterWhite

sounds like he's jumping the gun just a little bit with the LeBron James size ego...

Ummm.... no. Taking his talents to the NFL is a phrase you will not hear.

I agree. However there are times holding onto the ball can be a bad decision, look no further then Cardale rolling out to escape pressure and losing the ball against Oregon.

Young man has to realize that sometimes its a win to throw it away and live to play another down.

There are fails in every QB's life. CJ threw away more than a few his run.

LOL, Johnny Boy yall just got yourself some competition. "Make it so" Farmer. :) :) :)

Steel cage match?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

could be.....he was all talking bout being a financial advisor and getting educated and stuff......pretty contradictory to that ole tweet, Id say....which makes him a liar too....;)

special note: thats a joke, for those who cant assimilate...

my biggest issue is that he was gonna be all the rage for months....now?......we gotta wait a whole year before we can build him and tear him down again...drat!

I'm now an even huger fan of this guy.

When he goes pro, he wants to be a success,

not just struggle for the quick money.

Classy. Going to be intriguing to watch him the coming

year.

Cardale starts. He and zeke destroyed Wisconsin, Alabama and Oregon. You can't bench him. JT Barrett knows that

da6a9e84e5dbf1a9b0c8642ad8053dad_crop_no

He could be bowing his head in prayer...

Or sulking because he couldn't play

Either way this team is super close I highly doubt he was throwing a hissy fit

Well, this gives us plenty of time to sort out our QB situation. If Cardale plays well next year, invest a higher pick in him while we continue to build the rest of the team this season.

I have no problem with that scenario.

I applaud him for wanting to stay and get his degree.

BUT- let's assume Cardale continues his growth potential, lights it up, the Buckeyes go undefeated and win another National Championship. (Not out of the question,as a lot of pundits had them at one year away). Blows scouts away at the combine. It will be a "Suck for Luck" scenario revisited.

He'd be the unquestioned #1 overall pick. Unless the Browns play Johnny Jamboogie, and he proceeds to throw the Browns 2015 season in the toilet to the tune of 1-15 (or worse) we will have no shot at him.

The more I think about it, I think you have to start Cardale next year. The fact of the matter is that Barrett is still only a sophomore next year and could be the QB for two years after Jones leaves. Assuming that's the case and he even plays 90% like he did to end the season he's a lock top 3 pick. Smart move for the guy for sure.

He could be bowing his head in prayer...

Or sulking because he couldn't play

Either way this team is super close I highly doubt he was throwing a hissy fit

Maybe he ate some bad custard and his tummy hurts. But most likely he just realized he lost the starting job he just won.

I don't really think Braxton is ever going to throw the ball effectively ever again, all star pitchers don't fully recover from that operation.

Yeah...I gotta guess that Braxton is done as OSU 's QB.....it'll be Cardale and Barrett......

Braxtons graduated now, so a transfer if he wants to play QB......or WR if he wants to stay.

In re to Cardale.....dude can hit too......check this one out....

Can't feel too bad for him. That's the way it goes. He now knows how miller feels

If he wasn't a little saddened by the fact that his injury kept him from the opportunity to take the Buckeyes all the way, then he wouldn't be human.

I wish Cardale all the luck in the world. I'm a big believer that he can make one hell of a QB if he continues to develop and mature. He has the physical specifications and I think he possesses the necessary football intelligence to succeed.

Will be a very interesting spring for OSU. If Johnny Fuckup continues to be Johnny Fuckup next season for the Brown's, and of Cardale starts and continues to develop, I say we go get the guy. He is THE prototypical AFN North QB.

If he wasn't a little saddened by the fact that his injury kept him from the opportunity to take the Buckeyes all the way, then he wouldn't be human.

Of course he's sad. I do feel bad for him. But its just the way it goes. He lost his job the same way he won his. Definitely painful.

I should have worded my original post differently.

It's necessary to be successful as a QB at any school.

Big time college football, which Ohio State is, is a different animal. Most of the time Ohio State's offensive line and "speed" positions will be heads and above better than their opponent. Tim Tebow completed 66.4% of his passes in college and 47.9% in the NFL

Big time college football, which Ohio State is, is a different animal. Most of the time Ohio State's offensive line and "speed" positions will be heads and above better than their opponent. Tim Tebow completed 66.4% of his passes in college and 47.9% in the NFL

And? tOSU's line and skill players have nothing to do with this conversation. They don't help Cardale improve his play between the ears. Tim had to make better reads in his system to improve. I'd say the big difference between those Florida teams and this OSU team is that there is more of a downfield, vertical passing game. That, is something that matters.

Archived