THE BROWNS BOARD

Cardale Jones

WalterWhite

Cardale had the #2 job won in spring ball over JT.

The reason he didn't get the start against Navy is that his bad decision-making was worse than the other 2. However, Cardale's highs.. are so much higher than anything JT or Braxton could ever do. In other words, Cardale's variance is greater at this point.. and if he works on being consistent in the offseason, Cardale is the obvious and only starting choice.

Cardale is a more accurate Cam Newton.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he may be on the same intellectual level as Leon Spinks but it might be a wise decision, depending on how the rankings shape up, to declare and take the money now. No idea what could happen over the course of the season next year. And a first round or a second round rookie contract is guaranteed for a while, right? It's not like he's going to finish his degree and take over the job of chief of staff at the Cleveland Clinic.

WSS

Cardale reversed is Eladrac

name contains 7 letters - 42.86% vowels and 57.14% consonants.

Anagrams: Craedla Daralec Daacelr Cadreal Aredlac
Misspells: Cordale Caldale Carrdale Cardalea Cradale Cardael Cardlae
Rhymes: Airedale Bloomingdale Chippendale Clydesdale Glendale Mondale Scottsdale curtail gunwale bobtail carrell detail

Meaning of this name is unknown.

Famous people: John Bate Cardale, Paul Cardale, Effie Julia Margaret Cardale

Writers: Marianne Cardale Schrimpff, John Bate Cardale

Usage: 34% firstname, 66% surname.
Cardale first name was found 43 times in 2 different countries. (USA,UK)
Surname Cardale is used at least 81 times in at least 3 countries.

Cardale reversed is Eladrac

name contains 7 letters - 42.86% vowels and 57.14% consonants.

Anagrams: Craedla Daralec Daacelr Cadreal Aredlac

Misspells: Cordale Caldale Carrdale Cardalea Cradale Cardael Cardlae

Rhymes: Airedale Bloomingdale Chippendale Clydesdale Glendale Mondale Scottsdale curtail gunwale bobtail carrell detail

Meaning of this name is unknown.

Famous people: John Bate Cardale, Paul Cardale, Effie Julia Margaret Cardale

Writers: Marianne Cardale Schrimpff, John Bate Cardale

Usage: 34% firstname, 66% surname.

Cardale first name was found 43 times in 2 different countries. (USA,UK)

Surname Cardale is used at least 81 times in at least 3 countries.

Thanks, Gippipedia.

I think Cardale will win the starting job next year, and JT will sit.

Cardale had the backup job won after spring ball, but coaches weren't satisfied with his inconsistency.. his highs were well above anything JT or BM could do, but he made a lot of dumb decisions.

Cardale got married and had a kid earlier this year, and that matured him a lot.

Aside from the height and weight, the only comparison I accurately see assessed in relation to him being like JaMarcus or Ben is that all 3 of them had a tendency to hold onto the ball too long in the early portions of their careers.

Russell obviously being the worst offender.

I do wonder though, how many QBs have such a small, but high profile sample set? Tannehill was considered risky because he only had 17(?) starts, Jones only has 3. Objectively, I'd like to see him transfer because presumably he won't beat out both Miller and Barrett for the starting gig, and he really needs some game time to showcase his ability.

I've seen 90% of Miller's and Barrett's starts, and all of Cardale's. I have a strong suspicion Meyer is going to tell Braxton to switch to wr, because his pro potential as a qb is even less than Troy Smith's- he's too fragile. IMHO, he has no chance at beating out the other two.

I have no idea what he'll do.....it's a HUGE decision for a kid to make on such short notice.....just a month ago this wasn't even a glimmer of a possibility for him, so you know his head is spinning from all the attention and opinions.....

Personally, if I was U. Meyer, Id be starting him next season and would be telling him that. My thinking is that, even as good as Barrett and Miller were, Cardale proved he could win it all and be a championship QB.....while the other 2 are still just potential winners.....

I doubt Meyer does that....but, I would.....

Your thought about Jones transferring to a D II school is interesting Mud. It certainly didn't hurt Flacco. Doubtless based on his performance in the last three games, every pro scout will be watching him like a hawk. Supposedly Meyer is going to sit down today with Cardale and give him his 0.02 as to what he thinks he should do.

And if the three headed quarterback monster wasn't enough- Urban has this guy waiting in the wings. http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2014/11/five-star_qb_torrance_gibson_c.html#incart_m-rpt-1

from my uninformed and pedestrian view I would find it hard to start anyone over Cardale Jones next year. I think he has turned in some amazing performances.

One would certainly understand the disappointment of the guys ahead of him but this isn't Pee Wee league.

that being said he doesn't seem like the kind of person who would hesitate to jump ship at the end of next season.

WSS

I've seen 90% of Miller's and Barrett's starts, and all of Cardale's. I have a strong suspicion Meyer is going to tell Braxton to switch to wr, because his pro potential as a qb is even less than Troy Smith's- he's too fragile. IMHO, he has no chance at beating out the other two.

Your thought about Jones transferring to a D II school is interesting Mud. It certainly didn't hurt Flacco. Doubtless based on his performance in the last three games, every pro scout will be watching him like a hawk. Supposedly Meyer is going to sit down today with Cardale and give him his 0.02 as to what he thinks he should do.

And if the three headed quarterback monster wasn't enough- Urban has this guy waiting in the wings. http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2014/11/five-star_qb_torrance_gibson_c.html#incart_m-rpt-1

Pretty sure Gibson is gonna be a WR/CB and not go in as a QB, but you never know......plus we just got Kareem Walker too(a 5 star RB prospect).....he will make a good follow up to Elliot...

and several others thave committed too.....we already have 3 of the top 20....so OSU should be dominant for a while.....:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=385xEz4sEs0#t=107

Retard post. Zombo is a southern denizan and a SEC fan by default. He didn't watch much Big 10 football, including Jones.

I'm glad I found this thread, this is fun.

I grew up a fan of Notre Dame and later became a Penn State fan. I have been a Browns fan since I was four years old, long story, but I had two aunts that lived in Cleveland and I became hooked with everything Cleveland, and loved rebelling against my Steeler fan family. My Browns obsession led to Indians fandom and Cavs fandom. We were about a 3 and1/2 hour drive to Cleveland but I made it over for tons of games.

College-wise It was Notre Dame for me, and I went to a Division 2 school. I used to party a lot at Penn State and was a fan of JoePa, admired their style of play, so as i got older I leaned more toward Penn St. than Notre Dame, plus I had two nephews graduate from Penn st.

Basically I like the football teams with nothing on the helmet ... Browns, Irish, Nittany Lions.

When Penn St. joined the Big 10, I became a Big Ten guy. I like Ohio St. because I have so many friends that are Buckeyes fans, and I never had anything against them, always rooted for them over Michigan. Michigan St is another team I like, because I lived in Lansing for a couple years in the Perles era.

So those are the teams I like, but I consider myself a Penn St. fan most of all.

I have been in Florida for 23 years and you do get a lot of SEC, Florida St. and Miami crammed at you, but it's not hard to find the Big ten games on Saturdays. But I am 100 times more a Browns fan, and NFL fan, than I am a college football fan. Sundays are a holy day for me in football season, so I am usually working on Saturdays to make up for Sundays, but I do, of course, catch some college games.

In fact, I watched a lot of the OSU/Michigan game where Jones came in and the OSU/Wisconsin game where he dominated.

I just forgot his name. He wasn't in my wheelhouse as far as who pro prospects were ten days ago or whenever. So I admitted that I didn't recognize the name, googled it, and then said "OK, him".

For that I am now a "dumb fuck" and a "SEC fan".

Tourma asked which is more insulting ... being called an SEC fan is more insulting. Bunch of fucking inbred crackers going "Woohoo, Roll Tide!"

Zombo

I apologize Zombo - did not mean SEC fan as dumbass or you by extension a dumbass. I'll try to file it away that you are a PSU fan.....

The first rule of holes is that when you realize you are in a hole - stop digging.....

I apologize Zombo - did not mean SEC fan as dumbass or you by extension a dumbass. I'll try to file it away that you are a PSU fan.....

The first rule of holes is that when you realize you are in a hole - stop digging.....

Ha, I know you didn't mean SEC disparagingly ... I just get tired those rednecks and I don't want to be grouped in with them.

Here in Southwest Florida everyone is from somewhere else and most are from the Big Ten states anyway. I watched the Natioanal Championship in a bar that had only OSU fans ... about 100 of them (and me), every seat taken.

Zombo

Does anyone know if he was named after the great Pittsburgh Steeler Quarterback Cardale Stewart?

I have never heard the name Cardale before, and being that both Jones and Cardale Stewart have the same first name, I have to think our guy was names after theirs.

Thoughts?

What i don't understand though is why name him Cardale, why not Dub Jones? Cardale Stewart will probably get into the HOF, but it is probably goign to take 10 years or so.

Ghoole.

If anyone bites on this,then surely the world is about to end.

That Cardale Stewart was known as Slash.

Slash was also the GeeTar player for the late 80s group Guns and Roses.

That would mean that the Ohio State Cardale would need to play bass, or Tenor Sax at the very least. Or maybe Swing Accordian.

If you got Cardale Stewart and Browns WR Josh Gordon together you would have Slash and Stash.

It is certainly regretable that I have to remind you of any of this, Ghoulie!

from my uninformed and pedestrian view I would find it hard to start anyone over Cardale Jones next year. I think he has turned in some amazing performances.

One would certainly understand the disappointment of the guys ahead of him but this isn't Pee Wee league.

that being said he doesn't seem like the kind of person who would hesitate to jump ship at the end of next season.

WSS

Wow we never agree but this is right on the money. Don't know how you sell a guy like Cardale on coming back to sit behind JT Barrett.

After considering all the factors.....if I was Cardale, would try to get something from coach Meyer to indicate if I was going to play or not.....and if there was no guarantee(which I highly doubt Meyer would do), then I would declare.....

I think there is no doubt he would get drafted....but if he stayed at OSU, then there IS doubt, because anything could happen.....

I say get the money while it's hot.....

I did some checking for other similar QB's, who were drafted but barely played.......Jay Schreoder is one that I found who only played one college game, yet was drafted in the 3rd round and had a long career......a couple others were Brad Johnson and AJ Feeley, both of whom played less than one college season and still got drafted late(7th & 5th rounds).....

I'd like to see him transfer and play a full year as starter somewhere. If I were in his shoes, I'd probably declare, and hope someone takes me as a 3rd round kind of project. Nobody, even the Browns, is surely brave enough to put up a first rounder on him?

I'd like to see him transfer and play a full year as starter somewhere. If I were in his shoes, I'd probably declare, and hope someone takes me as a 3rd round kind of project. Nobody, even the Browns, is surely brave enough to put up a first rounder on him?

Yeah...I dont know.....

If he declares and goes to the combine, then anything can happen....if he does well, they will get all googoo eyed and build him up to be superman....

Pre Draft media build up is insane....by march he could be a freaking God......or even worse, Jamarcus Russell and Jedaveon Clowney

Agree... declare, kid. I guarantee you will be able to cover your tuition, room and board.

Aside from the height and weight, the only comparison I accurately see assessed in relation to him being like JaMarcus or Ben is that all 3 of them had a tendency to hold onto the ball too long in the early portions of their careers.

Which is better than making bad decisions... something a defensive minded HC just might like.

There are differences though.

Ben held because he did not see anything he liked.

JaMarcus held on because he did not see anything.

So far Jones looks more like Ben to my eye.

And he can throw it 80 freaking yards......which is something very very special......just get him someone fast enough to run under a few of those and it's over....

An arm like that could create new defensive designs...cause they'll have to have an extra man deep....always....and as shanny would say, thats means it's time to run right...;)

Archived