THE BROWNS BOARD

WINSLOW TRADED!!

We need Tom Tupa

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Although I agree with your overall synapses...I just think making such a big turnover so sudden is risky business...I mean these arent just roll players and bench players were moving...These were guys who were supposed to be the core of the franchise And I dont think anyone can stomach another 4-12 season...Mangini hasnt made alot of friends lately and wether you like him or not...that has to be disconcerting to the fanbase starved for a winner...Im not altogether sold on Mangini...But Am open minded enough to give him enough rope to hang himself If he so does.,...I just wonder what were gonna replace these vets with......I just cant help but envision Hal and "The Gibber" Laughing at all of us...Its a pretty sick feeling and I really dont like it.

Yeah, the core that delivered 3 losing seasons out of 4 under RAC and Savage. Maybe Mangini and Kokinis figure the core is rotten and its time to infuse the team with a new core. Can't say that I blame them.

Yeah, the core that delivered 3 losing seasons out of 4 under RAC and Savage. Maybe Mangini and Kokinis figure the core is rotten and its time to infuse the team with a new core. Can't say that I blame them.

I also agree about Rogers...if the reports of his unhappiness are true, you can bet he'll "tank it" if he's here this season. Trade him while his value is high & draft Raji. We needed a staff of action & by golly, it looks like we GOT it. Exciting off season shaping up.

Mike

Just a FYI...I have been forwarded some information that says Rogers has NOT asked for a trade or release.

Supposedly confirmed by both camps.

Well see how that plays out.

I have a feeling Kevvy Shafe is going to released in another cost cutting move. The Browns are definitely looking at drafting either a center or RG/RT along with another FA.

Anybody making big money is in jeopardy, with the exception of Steinbach and Thomas.

I highly doubt Lewis is back, especially if we can get Ward and draft a Green type.

Your comment about anyone making big money being in jeopardy is a definate.

Just a FYI...I have been forwarded some information that says Rogers has NOT asked for a trade or release.

you better beleive he's gonna mind his p's and q's

the fuse has been lit and now the scrambling begins.

Well he will be the next former Browns player to get to the Super Bowl. I would like to know the ratio of caught to thrown passes he had. I would be willing to bet its way more than Edwards "Stone Hands". AKA Brown Nose. They both had 3 TD's each. Whatever... Same story, new owners, staff, players, etc... Its all BS!!! Bottom line they kicked him to the curb or he pissed them off to get traded. Plus they need to lower there what they spend on players to cover the money they blew on ROMEO. So we will get another so/so player in the draft... weeeee... Maybe OBAMA will give the Browns a bail out!!!???

Well he will be the next former Browns player to get to the Super Bowl. I would like to know the ratio of caught to thrown passes he had. I would be willing to bet its way more than Edwards "Stone Hands". AKA Brown Nose. They both had 3 TD's each. Whatever... Same story, new owners, staff, players, etc... Its all BS!!! Bottom line they kicked him to the curb or he pissed them off to get traded. Plus they need to lower there what they spend on players to cover the money they blew on ROMEO. So we will get another so/so player in the draft... weeeee... Maybe OBAMA will give the Browns a bail out!!!???

Whatever RAC was paid makes no difference. That's strictly out of Lerner's pocket and counts nothing against the Browns.

I hope that's true and he's not just saying that now.

I want him to stick around, but if he is just going to play at a low level when the season starts because he's unhappy, then I'd rather we trade him.

relax man it's only one move. i was never sold on mangini and kokinis until i saw this trade. i like what they are doing. they weren't going to the superbowl this next year with winslow. they know what they want their team to look like and winslow didn't fit the mold. i love that they are rebuilding through the draft. i just hope that it doesn't end up like the butch davis years when he rebuilt the team. i am really excited to see what else we can get for edwards/da

Wah.

An intriguing side note to this trade is the possibility that we could package our two second rounders, get into the first round somewhere in the 16-20 range, and grab Maualuga or Wells.

Could you imagine coming away from day one with Orakpo/Curry/Raji AND Maualuga/Wells?

A little history for ya- ask Flugels- I've never lost an Internet bet. :) You mean $1,200? LOL.

You're on- I'll take the under, and unless he seriously restructures he's as good as gone. The Lewis of '08 reminded me exactly of Jerome Bettis at the end of his career. Strictly a short yardage situational back. As compared to the current crop of elite RBs in the NFL, he's totally lost his burst.

awesome! ;) i'm confident he's still got it in him and if given the opportunity to stay he'll show it again. he may not be elite but he's built to grind out a ton of yards in the AFCN, and still capable IMO. only thing: not to change the game but what to do if he gets hurt? i guarantee he'll succeed in gaining 1,200+yards in 2009 if he's playing but if he sits we need a stipulation. i'll absorb a fair amount of this on my end of the bet but he's not gonna get the 1200 if he only rushes in 10 games....whatever. we'll work it out. we have plenty of time.

let's make the terms something fun, i'd love to come up to a tailgate to either collect or pay in person. i may be in denver this upcoming year but we'll figure it out. maybe something the board can somehow benefit from?

i would like to share that i was a notorious orange vodka drinker back in the day. i thought it was so great i once threw a party for about 25 of my friends just to get everyone wasted on it, nothing else just straight orange anti-freeze. it was a grand 'ol time.......

we should get along just fine.

I've never lost an Internet bet.

and i've never welched. :) that's a good recipe for humor. it may take a season for this to unfold so don't give up on me. virgins are so rare nowadays.

An intriguing side note to this trade is the possibility that we could package our two second rounders, get into the first round somewhere in the 16-20 range, and grab Maualuga or Wells.

Could you imagine coming away from day one with Orakpo/Curry/Raji AND Maualuga/Wells?

I'd rather have Orakpo, Jennings/Greene, and Wood. Remember, the 2nd round is a great place to find starting Safeties, Centers, and ILBs. Even RBs.

-Al

I thing about new regimes is that they get a pass the first year so they aren't afraid to rebuild a roster. Remember Mangini and Kokinis both said they meassure character right up there with ability. I believe the underachieving part of the core will get cut out.

Winslow's trade was good for the organization, even if you liked his heart. His body wasn't going to hold up. Even trading guys like Edwards won't hurt because he will be a FA and gone after next season. This ne staff and FO is looking for youth as a core and overachieving FAs to rebuild this team. Edwards isn't in our long term plans so cut the cord.

Find guys who want to play here and are leave it on the field type of guys. This is a great draft class through 120 os there is a lot of talent in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. By trading Winslow we brought guys like Jennings, Mack, Bunkley and Chung into play. Trade Anderson and Edwards and you bring quite a few others who are highly regarded in play.

There might also be a lot less crying in the locker room and more concentration on football.

relax man it's only one move. i was never sold on mangini and kokinis until i saw this trade. i like what they are doing. they weren't going to the superbowl this next year with winslow. they know what they want their team to look like and winslow didn't fit the mold. i love that they are rebuilding through the draft. i just hope that it doesn't end up like the butch davis years when he rebuilt the team. i am really excited to see what else we can get for edwards/da

Good thinking and I concur. This is encouraging instead of the buffoon after buffoon moves that Savage made. Maybe, just maybe this team is going to build a competitive team. BTW, Butch had his share of FA useless signings like the last regime. You build a GOOD team by getting players on the rise not signing worn out FA's or keeping players who are high maintenance, high cost and not a field stretcher(Winslow).

For Shep it seems Carolina is interested in Anderson. I do not think anyone is going to give a second for him though after last years debacle

Did you watch a single Browns game last season? Rogers filled the NT roll to perfection. He can play the scheme. Now the "big baby" routine he is pulling now is a whole different story.

Rogers played well at times. He value was overhyped. We had the worst run defense in the league. Rogers main job was to plug the middle which stops the run. He did not do that well enough or consistently. And he was fat and always gassed after two plays. No biggie losing him.

I was looking at K2's numbers.

In 5 years he played 44 games and scored 11 TD's.

I think it's amazing we got a 2nd rounder for him. I think it's an absolutely great deal for the Browns

Yep he averaged just over two TD's per year........wohooo that is superstar performance.........I guess not being able to block and score TD's are not requisites of a good Tight End..........Winlsow's mouth was always way greater than his performance........he played hard that about sums his career

A little history for ya- ask Flugels- I've never lost an Internet bet. :) You mean $1,200? LOL.

You're on- I'll take the under, and unless he seriously restructures he's as good as gone. The Lewis of '08 reminded me exactly of Jerome Bettis at the end of his career. Strictly a short yardage situational back. As compared to the current crop of elite RBs in the NFL, he's totally lost his burst.

Jamal (tap dancer) Lewis is washed up. You are on the correct side taking the under. Also, concur on Housmanzadeh, the guy is a big time player and no 1 reciever and pro bowler......he will help any team huge...............I have no problem letting go of Edwards either........after all we had the worst offense in the NFL..........that says something about all three of those guys who are supposed difference makers.........Lewis, Edwards, and Winsblow

Ok I'm relaxed now..a few beers I'm good to go... I just really think Winslow was a much better player than Edwards... He was open just as much... What I didn't see was the browns making any attempt to get him the ball more... I do think his badmouthing was to get him traded. He wants to win, I'm not too sure about the rest of them.. Thats all... I don't usually post... this one upset me a bit... Just seems like the same thing... next thing you know we will run up the middle for a loss on ever first down. The never ending rebuild... Thanks..

I'd rather have Orakpo, Jennings/Greene, and Wood. Remember, the 2nd round is a great place to find starting Safeties, Centers, and ILBs. Even RBs.

-Al

Just imagine picking up one more 2nd, grabbing a center, guard and rb (Max Unger/ Andy Levitre/ Rashad Jennings).

If we could swap with Philly and get 2 for 1 in the first that's a pair of linebackers as well, maybe a Cushing/ C3 combo?

We could get lucky and get a guy like Matt Shaughnessy or Jarron Gilbert to play "lighter weight rush" 3-4 de (kind of a groom them for next season type deal)?

The fans would go wild.

Hell, I would.

But like something like that would ever happen.

Nix the going wild part, I'd probably have a heart attack.

Where did you hear about Carolina and Anderson? I know ESPN radio says Tampa Bay. Insiders says it's apparent the Browns have let it be known that Anderson can be had at the right price, which seems to be a second round pick or a high third with other compensation.

WFNZ Sports Talk radio in Charlotte on the PacMan show or the Mac Attack show...........I think Brentsen Buckner mentioned they were interested the day they released four guys

awesome! ;) i'm confident he's still got it in him and if given the opportunity to stay he'll show it again. he may not be elite but he's built to grind out a ton of yards in the AFCN, and still capable IMO. only thing: not to change the game but what to do if he gets hurt? i guarantee he'll succeed in gaining 1,200+yards in 2009 if he's playing but if he sits we need a stipulation. i'll absorb a fair amount of this on my end of the bet but he's not gonna get the 1200 if he only rushes in 10 games....whatever. we'll work it out. we have plenty of time.

let's make the terms something fun, i'd love to come up to a tailgate to either collect or pay in person. i may be in denver this upcoming year but we'll figure it out. maybe something the board can somehow benefit from?

i would like to share that i was a notorious orange vodka drinker back in the day. i thought it was so great i once threw a party for about 25 of my friends just to get everyone wasted on it, nothing else just straight orange anti-freeze. it was a grand 'ol time.......

we should get along just fine.

and i've never welched. :) that's a good recipe for humor. it may take a season for this to unfold so don't give up on me. virgins are so rare nowadays.

This was from the Walter mock- & yeah, I wouldn't try and collect if Lewis plays less than 14 games. Not fair. IMHO, he won't get close to 1,200.

100. Cleveland Browns: Shonn Greene, RB, Iowa

I seriously think Jamal Lewis could be the slowest person on the planet right now. If he ran the 40 in 13 seconds or more, I wouldn't be surprised at all. The Browns desperately need a better rushing attack for Brady Quinn.

Larry, not sure how fast he can do the forty........but I assure you he can 14 steps in a yard before he gets to the line of scrimmage

my guess is green goes before 100 likely in round two or three or late round one

I still dont know if I like the trading of Winslow or not... he was our go to guy, plus he and Brady Quinn had very good chemistry. They really broke the mold when they made K2. Plus he had more fire and energy than anyone on the team, not to mention he is completely broken and plays better than any other TE in the league (IMHO). I just want to know the kind of hit the future of this team will take loosing him.

On the other hand I am excited for the draft picks, it increases our chances of getting Rashad Jennings and Improving all the other aspects of our team, plus it helps our money situation and the speed at the position.. Lets hope Rucker pans out

On the subject of Lewis, he makes me so angry I laugh, I really want jim cut... well... actually I'd want to hire him as our RB coach because he works out like a mad man and is a great veteran presence, but seriously, I was so pissed how had huge hole between the RT and TE's and LT and TE's and yet he insisten on running into the back of an OT or Center... He had open holes on the outside yet decided to run into a clusterxxxx... I also enjoyed watching him tippytoe into the LOS only to trip and fall once he hits the line

I seriously think Jamal Lewis could be the slowest person on the planet right now. If he ran the 40 in 13 seconds or more, I wouldn't be surprised at all. The Browns desperately need a better rushing attack for Brady Quinn.
i agree an accompaniment is needed, if that's what you're saying. i don't think other teams value him at his current contract and he's signed through 2010, right? if they don't grab someone i believe he'll get his carries and in turn get his yards.

on the other hand, i do believe a new compliment is in store, Jason Wright=journeyman once again. the new addition will probably be a mid-weight guy since Harrison is the light-speed guy and Jamal is the heavyweight bruiser. i'd also wager Jamal's 40 time would surprise you. his speed even today would have embarrassed a wide-eyed Bettis' at the combine, therefore i can't put them in the exact same file. although they both tire defenses their roles have still been significantly different. if he is used strictly short-yardage then we can fairly begin making the comparison between them. obviously he is much too expensive for that role, therefore i feel he'll earn his money between the tackles once again. it will be different after he regains his old physique, in the 245-250lb range. there will be no doubt he won't be expected to be the burner so he won't stay at 235lbs.

Harrison still heads for the sidelines every play and until he man's up his game will still suffer. having him return kicks last year and lining Josh up where Harrison was would have accomplished so much more....Cribbs as a safety valve=brilliant in my mind. he can block, he can read, good size, hands, can throw.....wtf were they thinking last year. have the guy w/ asthma run only when he has to, obviously. not returning friggin' punts and kicks. it's never too late......but at safety? life is a fun movie.

Harrison's increased experience through special teams only would have helped him. or exposed him.

yet there they were, using screwdrivers to open paint cans (cribbs) and playing to save their jobs rather than developing the young players.

Larry, not sure how fast he can do the forty........but I assure you he can 14 steps in a yard before he gets to the line of scrimmage

my guess is green goes before 100 likely in round two or three or late round one

maybe so but those 14 steps got him 295 against my team and over 2k on the year....so who the ef are we to judge? :P

you really think willie parker woulda got 295 against the Browns that day?

don't answer that.

if the entire league played on real grass we'd all appreciate him much more......but the times, they are a changin'.

he's proven and under contract. his work speaks for itself in my mind.

I still dont know if I like the trading of Winslow or not... he was our go to guy, plus he and Brady Quinn had very good chemistry.

he was never even as good of a go-to as Jurevicius was, he was simply a mismatch guy. he rarely drew double coverage this past year and against the upper tier of competition they faced i saw him blanketed by a single safety often. BE's db's had all the help effectively taking away the deep game, K2 shoulda cleaned up. it wasn't all Anderson, don't believe the hype--eager K2's think they can catch anything and don't care a bit about the QB INT stats.

when it comes to elite, he's just average bro. we'll be just fine.

regarding Jamal Lewis, his work-ethic could take Shaun Rogers out of a game, endurance-wise. could you see value in that?

a RB coach? are you serious? based upon what?

Archived