THE BROWNS BOARD

WINSLOW TRADED!!

We need Tom Tupa

Guest Masters
umm I was here since the last board wipe for a long time, just didn't bother to re-register because I didnt post much anyway

GMs do jump the gun, bad ones do. was today the first day teams could do deals or not? if it is, then this was definitely doing it too fast.

It wasn't the first day teams could talk about them. Just execute them. Teams also had to have the cap space, which TB just cleared a ton of.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
umm I was here since the last board wipe for a long time, just didn't bother to re-register because I didnt post much anyway

GMs do jump the gun, bad ones do. was today the first day teams could do deals or not? if it is, then this was definitely doing it too fast.

yep, first day. feb 27: free agency begins, trading period begins.

lol well u never know with ManKok!

I actually just read on another forum that supposedly it was for a 2nd + 3rd, but there was no confirmed evidence of this. But if it is true, then man we got a pretty good deal

If we got a 2nd this year and a third next...I'd unequivocally say that is a good and fair deal on both sides!

WE CANT LET ROGERS GO! Mangina has to quit being a pussy and go talk to the big beast. Keep him happy please.

As for as a 2nd rounder for KW that is probably about right...although Im sorry to see him go, I think they want our TE's to put more of an emphasis on blocking. We have Bray and DS to stretch the field. Maybe Cieslak is a darkhouse gamer? Can he block?

We just need to hit on those picks now...

what would a 5th rounder next year accomplish? we could have at least gotten a 2nd this year AND next year if we were going to split the picks up. we might as well have traded him for a 2nd rounder this year, a bag of balls and a new pair of cleats. however i do have to say that we got good value for him with the second round pick

There is a good chance that if the deal is structured this way, that next years 5th is conditional based on PT, or some other measurable. IE, the trade could end up being a 2nd this year and a 2nd next year.

After doing some research I found Shockey was traded for the same exact deal. A 2nd rounder in 08 and a 5th rounder in 09. That deal most have been the barometer for this one and the best they could get. Still what Winslow brings you for that price is well worth its weight in gold.

My only hope now and the only thing that may heal the damage is Mathews falls to the second rd and Greene is there for the taking at #50. If we can obtain those two this pill will be much easier to swallow.

Wow you guys suck! There goes 1 of your 2 best players! Man the Browns are weak! I told you guys Winslow wouldn't be around you pieces of shit! HAHAHAH!

THIS FROM A RAIDER FAN....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

A

Guest Aloysius
There is a good chance that if the deal is structured this way, that next years 5th is conditional based on PT, or some other measurable. IE, the trade could end up being a 2nd this year and a 2nd next year.

That's what I'm thinking (though I think it's more likely that the '10 pick maxes out at a 3rd).

Guest Masters
I have a feeling the Browns are gonna sign Derrick Ward and cut Lewis, go with a Ward and Harrison tandem. Bring in a right side blocker, a TE, and a serious starting wide receiver so we can put Stallworth in the slot. Sounds good to me.

Not a bad idea/plan.

I have a feeling the Browns are gonna sign Derrick Ward and cut Lewis, go with a Ward and Harrison tandem. Bring in a right side blocker, a TE, and a serious starting wide receiver so we can put Stallworth in the slot. Sounds good to me.

I'd have no problem with that trade unlike this one. Lewis needs to go he's washed up. The guy was in the top 5 in carries in the NFL last year yet had one of the worst yards per carry AVG in the NFL. He's a bum unlike Winslow..

So we're exactly where we were yesterday, except we're down one Pro Bowler. Down 2 if Rogers gets his way. Down 2.01 if we trade Derek.

Don't tease me shep, its too long before the season to be doing that to a man...

That aint fair.... because just by saying it you know its not gonna happen now.

How about Chris Baker also?

I would love to purge Lewis too for a guy like Ward.

Dude... just read for a while.

GM's don't just jump the gun on deals like that. I'm sure there was def more than Tampa involved in this.

Jumping the gun is people already calling for a head to be chopped off because we have ANY clue what our draft picks are. I loved seeing "I AM GONG TO BE LEADING THE CHANT TO FIRE HIM" wow. First day, knowing nothing just tossing people under the bus. Look I been a browns fan all my life. Ya may not be 70 years like some but I do understand before we call for someones head lets at least get the facts lol. You can not have the first brush stroke of a painting and say it is crap or a masterpiece. Lets wait for this to develop before we put his head on the cast iron fences near the field and (*i miss the really good smiley faces that I could of used here. was looking for a skull xxxxing one lol*)

On to my personal Opinion I think we are following any GMs/ head coach strat. Change personnel, clear the fat or cancer on the roster and draft away. I liked K2 but I also believe the roster we had could have only went so far. We need a change in mentality in Cleveland and try to find a identity for this team. Sometimes that is getting rid of the players that don't make that up. I just think we got to wait and see how we are when the smoke clears from the draft. That was my 2 cents since i read all 8 pages :P

No, BE is the player that you saw in 2008, he had one good year and got cocky, since he went to the pro bowl once, now he thinks he is the greatest ever

and doesn't have to play hard, he is a pro bowler and therefore shouldn't have to try, things are supposed to happen for him. He is a "me me me " player and

a bum at best.

a bum? you wouldn't survive a day in practice wearing Braylon's shoes. this is totally off base. you obviously have no clue.

i always wondered where warm weather prioritized w/ him. good for him. cold weather sux. (i love it though). he can be a king down there after they swept so many out.

it's a win win. seems like a much better fit for him.

Good for you Kellen. Good luck to you. I hope everything works out for you down there.

Whoa! Something always seems to happen while I'm sleeping. Not sure how I feel about it yet. I'd feel alot better if Heiden was 3 years younger and Rucker were a bit more seasoned. As always, draft picks are good as long as they're not bad ;)

Doug

If that's true, then that is an absolute crappy deal and mankok is a huge 0-1.

Trading a play-making, committed, 80-catch-a-year Pro Bowl tight end for a third round pick ...

What the ****?

Zombo

the guy has years of film we don't Zombo, fiilm that never aired most importantly. that's the unknown.

i trust the move. they're only as strong as their weakest link. i support the decision completely.

NFL Network is reporting the Browns will get a second round pick this year and a fifth round pick next year. I now officially don't agree with this trade.

You were never going to haul in a 1st round pick for Winslow. I'm not sure if that's what you are implying but if it is that was never going to occur. The 2nd round pick this year should pay dividends especially in a class with more than few bruising tailbacks. Now you'll be able to sure up your LB/CB/RB with the first and the two 2nds and all for a player that was a cancer in the locker room in my opinion. The guy was a f.ucking toolbox guys with quite a few injuries. I don't think it's a smash it but it's far from a bad trade. The Bucs have a pick in the middle of the round correct?

When you say "undisclosed picks" that usually means "there's no first-rounder."

Make no mistake about it - we're dumping this talented cancer.

or he's bailing.

whether it's for bluer skies or a dislike of the new Browns philosophy.

it helps #'s-wise so the FO would obviously be open to it, regardless of who initiated it.

i always felt he was a square peg in a round hole in CLE. it feels right to me.

or he's bailing.

whether it's for bluer skies or a dislike of the new Browns philosophy.

it helps #'s-wise so the FO would obviously be open to it, regardless of who initiated it.

i always felt he was a square peg in a round hole in CLE. it feels right to me.

That doesn't make sense.

No matter the type of offensive philosophy that you run, a good TE of Winslow’s caliber, always fits. Sure, he wasn’t the best blocker (actually I think he would have been fine but for his chronically bad knees and bad shoulder.) Sure, the Browns, and especially in the AFC North, wanted to run a smash-mouth run game. That’s why we had Heiden and Dinkins for short yardage guys, and why we had cool formations that put Thomas on the right outside Schaffer (two tackle right side.)

That doesn't make sense.

No matter the type of offensive philosophy that you run, a good TE of Winslow’s caliber, always fits. Sure, he wasn’t the best blocker (actually I think he would have been fine but for his chronically bad knees and bad shoulder.) Sure, the Browns, and especially in the AFC North, wanted to run a smash-mouth run game. That’s why we had Heiden and Dinkins for short yardage guys, and why we had cool formations that put Thomas on the right outside Schaffer (two tackle right side.)

That doesn't make sense. Short yardage gains? That's pretty predictable for the other teams D. Sorry "Cool" formations don't cut it, we didn't score for 6 games, something has to change.

Guest Masters
That doesn't make sense.

One issue w/ that. Switching in a blocking TE for Winslow telegraphs the plays. That was one bad thing about Winslow's weak knees preventing him from blocking.

I'd have no problem with that trade unlike this one. Lewis needs to go he's washed up. The guy was in the top 5 in carries in the NFL last year yet had one of the worst yards per carry AVG in the NFL. He's a bum unlike Winslow..

and he ran against the steelers and ravens 4X. you underestimate the AFCN.

Archived