THE BROWNS BOARD

WINSLOW TRADED!!

We need Tom Tupa

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So did Cedric Benson and he did fairly well. And I think Benson is a bum so whats that say about Lewis?

beats me.

Lewis was at one time a great RB, he is no longer that great RB!

we all age friend.

i have room for Lewis on my '09 roster, that's what i'm saying.

i'm fine w/ serviceable KFP. that's a compliment to a 28.75 year-old back w/ 10,000 miles on his tires.

but recall he dropped down to 235lbs for 2008. back in the 245-250lb range he should regain '07 form.

Jamal will be 30 in Aug and has alot of wear and tear. There have only been a handful of RB's to continually play at a high level in their 30's I think you may be the only one in the world that thinks he's going to rush for 1,300 yards have 9 TD's and a 4.4 ypc avg like in 07. Give me a break! He's a situational short yardage back at best that is not worth paying 6.5 mil to next year. So If they can't restructure his contract he needs to be released.

I should of woke up this morning reading that we cut Lewis because he wouldn't restructure his contract rather than read that we traded one of our best players!

BULL$HIT!

I have posted the same thing before. Name me a PREMIER TE that took his team to the SB Victory. Please.

How bout Dallas Clark for starters or what about Shannon Sharpe he won three supper bowls and was a huge asset to both the Broncos and the Ravens in their SB wins. Come on guys that is a cop out!

I have posted the same thing before. Name me a PREMIER TE that took his team to the SB Victory. Please.

Dave Casper (hall of fame) 76 Raiders

Mark Bavaro (pro-bowl twice). Won 2 superbowls.

Dwight Clark (2x All-Pro selection (1981, 1982) and won 2 Superbowls)

So one great quarterback out of how many other players ever? Not very good odds.

Oh, if I decided to do some research, I bet you could find at least 20 guys who've made multiple all-pro games from the 5th round and later. Actually, you could probably find 20 guys who are in the hall of fame and were 5th round draft picks.

Oh, if I decided to do some research, I bet you could find at least 20 guys who've made multiple all-pro games from the 5th round and later. Actually, you could probably find 20 guys who are in the hall of fame and were 5th round draft picks.

And what are our odds of finding one? Give me a break!

So maybe they should just toss away all their picks after the 3rd and not even try, eh?

That's not the point... Example. White house says they are going to cut my taxes and give me more money in my paycheck. Then I find out that money comes to the whopping total of $13.00 bucks a paycheck. What's the point, why even bother doing it.

We trade K2 for draft picks. This could be a good move until we find out that the one pick is 5th round next year. Yes, good players have come from their and beyond, but the odds are not in our favor.

So maybe they should just toss away all their picks after the 3rd and not even try, eh?

No but I would take Winslow back for that pick along with # 50! Like I said earlier the only way this is going to be easy for me to swallow is If we get a stud LB along with Greene in the second. Anything else is bull$hit!

And what are our odds of finding one? Give me a break!

Terrell Davis (6th round) HOF?

Deacon Jones (14th round) HOF

Shannon Sharpe (7th round) HOF

Larry Wilson (7th round)

Roger Staubach (10th round) HOF

Zach Thomas (5th round)

Johnny Unitas (9th round) HOF

Tom Fears (9th round)

George Blanda (12th round) HOF

Steve Largent (4th round) HOF

Dan Lavelli (12th round by the Browns) HOF

Earnest Byner (10th round)

Jessie Armstead (8th round)

Seth Joyner (8th round)

Rodney Harrison (5th round)

Marques Colston (7th round)

Donald Driver (7th round)

TJ Whosyourmam (7th round)

Raymond Berry (20th round) HOF

Richard Dent (8th round)

Mark Chmura (6th round)

Mark Brunell (5th round)

Dorsey Levens (5th round)

Matt Hasselbeck (6th round)

Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila (5th round)

Matt Birk (5th round)

Jamal "I like cocaine" Anderson (7th round)

Larry Centers (5th round)

Last but not least GOLDBURG (11th round), jk on that one.

There are many, many more.

Dave Casper (hall of fame) 76 Raiders

Mark Bavaro (pro-bowl twice). Won 2 superbowls.

Dwight Clark (2x All-Pro selection (1981, 1982) and won 2 Superbowls)

Dwight Clark wasn't a Tight End.

But I will throw in Shannon Sharpe three times

Zombo

3 picks of Eli and an extra week to prepare had a big part in that win over the G-men as well. Along with them probably being a little over confident coming into that game, after the preseason beat down.

Good point!

BUT check this out from our TEs that game:

S. Heiden 5 rec 59 yds

D. Dinkins 1 rec 22 yds 1 TD

That didn't make Edwards have a bad night as he had 5 rec 154 Yds 1 TD

Now look at how well we ran the ball vrs a playoff team when we had better blockign on the edge:

Cleveland Rush Yds Avg TD

J. Lewis 21 88 4.2 1

J. Harrison 2 41 20.5 0

J. Cribbs 1 12 12.0 0

J. Wright 1 3 3.0 0

L. Vickers 1 2 2.0 0

There's 146 yards on the Giants and we couldn't do that vrs BAD teams when Winslow played this last season.

- Tom F.

I just see it as Winslow wasn't going to fit in the plans and we traded a problem before it became a problem once he started getting 2-3 balls a game.

If we got a 2nd and something else, I am good with the deal.

Face it....Mangini wants to put his stamp on the team. That means new blood.

Before it done, expect to see more players traded....Rogers is probably next.

Guest Masters
Good point!

BUT check this out from our TEs that game:

S. Heiden 5 rec 59 yds

D. Dinkins 1 rec 22 yds 1 TD

That didn't make Edwards have a bad night as he had 5 rec 154 Yds 1 TD

Now look at how well we ran the ball vrs a playoff team when we had better blockign on the edge:

Cleveland Rush Yds Avg TD

J. Lewis 21 88 4.2 1

J. Harrison 2 41 20.5 0

J. Cribbs 1 12 12.0 0

J. Wright 1 3 3.0 0

L. Vickers 1 2 2.0 0

There's 146 yards on the Giants and we couldn't do that vrs BAD teams when Winslow played this last season.

- Tom F.

Coudln't do it against bad teams w/o Winslon either this past season. I just don't draw a lot from Winslow being out in that game a reason for good play.

We have plenty of talent at TE. The picks will def be used to sure up the roster and add depth, I think it's a good move. As long as they atleast got a 2nd / 4th.

Great move Browns dumping the slug of uselessness Kellen Winslow JR..........GREAT DAY IN BROWNS HISTORY ridding ourselves from that slug

and if Mangini is worth a shit...........Rogers needs to go as well..........overhyped average performer in a team that cannot play the scheme

I like it, if we get an early 3rd rounder or better its a good deal.

K2 is on borrowed time with his knee issues. Might as well get something for him while we could.

To me, that's what it all comes down to and is exactly why I'm perfectly fine with this trade.

when do we know what we got for him?

Probably tonight or tomorrow.

They will likely reveal that the pick is indeed this years 2nd rounder, and next years is a conditional pick that has the potential to be a 2nd or 3rd if winslow produces.

Archived