THE BROWNS BOARD

STALLWORTH UPDATE

titleist585

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The decision cost himself his life and the career (and probably freedom) of another.

We'll see on the career and freedom part, but any way you cut it, you don't expect to see people running across 5 lane roads expecting you to stop on a flash.

Not to mention, these types of highways may have a speed limit of so and so, but they're set up for traffic to move out and people notoriously go well above the speed limits with no repercussions.

I think they set the limits low so people will actually go the speed they actually want, which 50 is about right for a six lane highway.

About 50 isn't speeding on a road like that.

The wording was about 50.....so it may have been 45...

In Fla...they build the causeways wide to get people off the barrier islands in a hurry in case of a hurricane...they can flood fast.

That said....driving 50 on a road like that wouldn't draw a ticket from any normal cop, and clearly wouldn't meet the threshold of reckless.

The more details that come out about the incident, and the longer it takes for the blood test results to mysteriously come back, the more it's looking to me like Donte may actually end up in the clear on this thing (regarding any possible criminal charges, at least.) Possibilities of civil actions and league stuff still seem to me to not be so promising for him.

Basically, the way it seems to me (and I by no means claim to be a legal expert) is that even if he doesn't end up facing criminal charges it's not very likely he'll be on the field at the beginning of the season.

The decision cost himself his life and the career (and probably freedom) of another.

Nah, I think Donte is starting at WR for us on opening day.

If he is charged he will be lawyered to the hilt and the NFL won't suspend him until the justice system plays it out.

Zombo

About 50 isn't speeding on a road like that.

The wording was about 50.....so it may have been 45...

In Fla...they build the causeways wide to get people off the barrier islands in a hurry in case of a hurricane...they can flood fast.

That said....driving 50 on a road like that wouldn't draw a ticket from any normal cop, and clearly wouldn't meet the threshold of reckless.

You are exactly right.

The State will have to prove that Stallworth's level of intoxication (if proven) caused to him to not be able to react quickly enough to stop and preserve this man's life, and that the normal driver, under the same circumstances, would not have struck and killed this guy who was illegally running across a busy 6-lane urban causeway.

Tough case.

Lawyer up, Donte, and go back to work.

Zombo

'Next week' on Stallworth

Posted March 26th, 2009 by Marla Ridenour

An announcement on possible charges against Browns receiver Donte Stallworth stemming from a fatal car accident is not expected until next week, a Miami Beach police department spokesperson said.

Detective Jenny Velazquez said Thursday she had spoken to the lead detective on the case and was told to expect developments next week.

Driving a two-door Bentley, Stallworth struck and killed pedestrian Mario Reyes, 59, at 7:17 a.m. on March 14 on the MacArthur Causeway. In the accident report released Tuesday, Stallworth told police he flashed his lights at Reyes, who reportedly had just left work as a crane operator and was crossing the street to catch a bus. The accident report said Reyes was not in the crosswalk.

The toxicology report on Stallworth has not been released, but multiple reports last week said Stallworth's blood alcohol level was above the legal limit of .08. WFOR Channel 4 in Miami reported it was .14, which could bring a charge of DUI manslaughter.

Stallworth has been working out in Berea with his teammates in the off-season program, according to his attorney, Chris Lyons of Miami.

does anyone have any idea whats going on in this case. it was supposed to be released last week and now its not even in the news. Its either a really big arrest or he is going to be cleared of vehicular manslaughter. I think we need to just drop him and his baggage anyway, also is there any reason paul hubbard was not on the field more last year, during the preseason they talked about how badass he was.

does anyone have any idea whats going on in this case. it was supposed to be released last week and now its not even in the news. Its either a really big arrest or he is going to be cleared of vehicular manslaughter. I think we need to just drop him and his baggage anyway, also is there any reason paul hubbard was not on the field more last year, during the preseason they talked about how badass he was.

Miami DA said blood test results could take 3 days or 3 weeks. Sounds like a stall. Stallworth is in Cleveland working out at the OTAs. I'd think if he was about to go to prison for a very long time he might be tending to his affairs and working with his attorney in Miami. So, who really knows.

As far as Hubbard, that badass showed why he was still around for us to draft him late on day two. He can't friggin catch and there are questions whether he is smart enough to remember the plays.

Yeah the guy who caught one TD pass and played a handful of games will definitely shake up this organization, do you always take bong hits before you visit us?

But hey at least he's not a woman beater like that gorilla Harrison, poor kid another bout of roid rage in front of millions of people a few months ago, what's the over/under before his heart explodes leaving him dead on the toilet with a needle sticking out of his arm?

Regards asshat...

He was the best WR on your roster.

Nice racial slur there, BTW.

Stay classy.

Regards

.... an'at

Archived