THE BROWNS BOARD

STALLWORTH UPDATE

titleist585

give it a rest. the fact is stallworth is useless. if he killed someone well thats is good of reason as any to boot him off the team. i feel for the families of the dead one i would of rather him run me over if anyone but we cant change nothing. im sure he didnt set out to run over anybody but he doesnt produce and thats the bottom line

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
give it a rest. the fact is stallworth is useless. if he killed someone well thats is good of reason as any to boot him off the team. i feel for the families of the dead one i would of rather him run me over if anyone but we cant change nothing. im sure he didnt set out to run over anybody but he doesnt produce and thats the bottom line

Thanks.

Give me an break....you and cow can stuff it with the crap. When you were posting all your stuff, no facts were known....but you two seemed to know it all.

It doesn't matter how it turns out...you and the cow were wrong to sit there acting like you knew it all, so don't even start to sit there trying to tell people how you had it figured out.

Keep on explaining yourself Roseanne as we add 1 + 1 along the way. If your tutor would like to pop in and speak for you - then by all means lets add some brainpower to your side of this. This wasn't a possom, deer or skunk Stallworth hit when he had the thinking capacity of Miss Daisey. Then again, the person with Alzheimers and dementia knew enough to PAY a driver when she wasn't in any condition to do so.

My opinion of what I continued to read about Stallworth had ZERO to do with you on a personal level so the fact that you've personalized it is your own fault. I CAN say rather comfortably I've never once jumped into a thread and told you "you don't know what you're talking so STFU." I think I've even paid some of your takes compliments in recent weeks or piggybacked onto statements I felt you made good points with. Just thought I'd point that out because you seem like the type that likes to tattle.

Have you ever once thought SOME people you share a message board with have seen a close friend and a family member hit by an impaired driver? I was hit by a drunk driver in college and my car got totalled by him and when I shown a picture of the guard rail that saved my life off the side of Route 81 on a very steep hill in Syracuse, NY, I was LUCKY I was only temporarily hospitalized. We had a close friend killed by someone that shouldn't have been driving so I'd LIKE to think I know what I'm talking about with stuff like this.

The story unfolding is you've got a pompous Prima Donna with a signing bonus he can't piss away fast enough. On top of that, he's got a wishy-washy story that needs a breathilizer of it's own. He's put himself above the law once before on the highway so while you were impressing yourself telling everyone NOT to jump the gun, OTHERS were researching the info further. When SMART people celebrate in Weddings and proms, they HIRE Limo drivers. It's called being responsible and planning ahead. Those that don't get hammered and hunt whether they know it or not. Are you confessing something to us with your level of protest here? If not, then calm your ass down and the off my case. If you want to cocky with me, impress me and do it person. Otherwise - take your own advice and STFU!

- Tom F.

Keep on explaining yourself Roseanne as the as we add 1 + 1 along the way.

I really didn't understand what you were trying to say and pretty much stopped reading at that point.

Really man.....have a good evening.

Stallworth in substance abuse program

Submitted by phillysports on March 5, 2007 - 10:46am.

The Philadelphia Inquirer has learned that Eagles’ Donte’ Stallworth is a participant in the NFL substance abuse program. No reason why Stallworth is in the program has been made public.

What is clear is that such a revelation will bear heavily on the success or failure of Stallworth's free agency campaign.

UNLESS YOU ARE PHIL SAVAGE

Who knows until the toxicology obviously. Ive seen an 8yr old girl step out in front of a car 15 yards from me. It happens.

Stallworth in substance abuse program

Submitted by phillysports on March 5, 2007 - 10:46am.

The Philadelphia Inquirer has learned that Eagles’ Donte’ Stallworth is a participant in the NFL substance abuse program. No reason why Stallworth is in the program has been made public.

What is clear is that such a revelation will bear heavily on the success or failure of Stallworth's free agency campaign.

UNLESS YOU ARE PHIL SAVAGE

That's an interesting twist. Ol Phil threw a $5mil GUARANTEED bonus at a so-so guy in a substance abuse program.

Zombo

--and he drafted Wimbley because of his faith ... sigh

Channel 3 News is reporting that Miami Newspapers are preparing to disclose that Stallworth will be charged with everything regarding drunk driving and vehicular manslaughter etc.

That's an interesting twist. Ol Phil threw a $5mil GUARANTEED bonus at a so-so guy in a substance abuse program.

Zombo

--and he drafted Wimbley because of his faith ... sigh[/b][/color]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL! Excellent point. And what about Joe Andruzzi's health by the time he got here? That guy was so beat up I REALLY wish he had a thorough physical before Savage told us he signed the next Bionic Man. By midseason, it was like "Joe's got 2 bad knees and a really bad back but he's a REAL trooper out there."

Antwaan Peak-a-boo-boo. I think Phil won the auction against the casting manager of General Hospital for this guy. Last I heard Dancing with the Stars told his agent this gig is too tough for your client. "Where's Phil Savage when you need him?" Looking for work like your client.

Stallworth SHOULD have been researched better IMO. There's a reason nobody ever cares to KEEP him. There ain't no yellow brick road in this story with a heart at the end of it.

Ted Washington. The concept of wear and tear, creeping up on 40 and the waist line exceeding 50 didn't make this the right place at the right time. The problem was Phil's 1st 2 ideas of NT's via the draft were Andrew Hoffman and Babe Ocean-of-no-no so this never was a stop gap or rotation thing.

Joe J - Right guy WRONG time. He watched 3 times as many games as he played.

Biggest head scratcher? Savage couldn't wait to tell us he secured Andra Davis' future with the Browns. The FIRST thing that popped into my head was that Savage came from the Baltimore franchise that witnessed Jamal Lewis running through Andra Davis like he was Casper the Friendly Ghost. The ridiculous thing about it was Lewis got 500 of his 2000 yards in just 6 quarters of football against us. How on earth does ANY personnel guru wacth film of those 2 football follies and come away impressed with Davis? That's when I realized Ozzie did alot of vetoing.

While Gary Baxter wasn't a BAD cover guy at the time Savage went wild about landing him - he was NEVER known for beign a guy with alot of INTs college or pro. In fact, there were rumors that he got his chops busted for having stone hands. that's just hearsay though. Still, he was overrated. The injury wasn't Phil's fault.

LeCharles Bentley. I actually got excited about this one forgetting we're BROWNS FANS. True story and Atenears can validate it. My dad, my cousin and me all came to visit training camp so we could be there to take in day 2 practices live. Stan's (Atenears) always been known for busting chops so as we're planning on where we're going to meet out for suds and chow - he says did you hear about Bentley going down for the season? I said knock it off - they were only wearing shorts you sick basterd. And you know the rest of that story...

Matt Stewart which equated to keep looking.

Willie McGinest wasn't bad when healthy BUT he wasn't playing to the value we were paying him. I'll understand differences of opinion here and I think he was good for the younger guys.

Jamal Lewis = Reuben Droughns part 2. Good first impression so both got raises and spent the second season tippy toing and tap dancing.

Corey Williams - Yanked out of his comfort zone but the attraction was his ability to pressure the passer. Played injured but don't you get at least 1 sack by accident in 16 games? How many did he end up with for us?

Shaun Smith - Would have made a character for "One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest." He'd make a Cheswick if you've seen the movie.

2008 Draft = NO first day draft picks and the first pick of round 4 as well as the 2nd pick of round 4 were injured and not very impressive.

2009 Draft = Savage gave up more picks that the new bras is workign diligently to get back.

Moral of story????? If you don't understand upside and wear and tear - you'll CRUSH a team and clobber it's cap health. That also means you gotta draft better. Part of me felt bad for Phil because he REALLY wanted to prove he wasn't just Ozzie's Latte boy with an allowance to make a suggestion or 2. But a bigger part of me got so sick and tired of piss poor management that it's not my JOB as a fan to care how nice of a guy the GM is for my favorite team. Wehn you're watching your favorite band in concert - you care about their Manager as long as you get to see a good performance right? I just want the fun of the 80s back with the character of Matthews, Johnson, Newsome, Sipe, Kosar, Slaughter, Byner, Pruitt, Golic, Reisen etc.... Character, passion, work ethic, competitors, leadership, and heart instead of game check cashers. We drafted ALOT of players and signed ALOT of free agents with a burning desire to PROVE their worth in Cleveland. That's conducive to upside. FAs with the attitudes they've already earned their pay elsewhere haven't had us aveaging more than 5 wins a year so I'm VERY open to building this team through the draft the way better teams in our division are doing so.

- Tom F.

I agree Flugs...when you really take a honest look at Savage and his moves, it doesn't add up to a pretty picture.

Not to twist this in the direction of half a dozen threads at any given time, but I hope his track record doesn't apply to Quinn. We really need for something good to happen out of the web spun by Phil.

Between guys with questionable ability or questionable behavior, the Savage era might have been worse than Butch.

Anyway, I am going to disregard the last few conversations we have had and go back to thinking of you as the guy 100 miles up the road.

I agree Flugs...when you really take a honest look at Savage and his moves, it doesn't add up to a pretty picture.

Not to twist this in the direction of half a dozen threads at any given time, but I hope his track record doesn't apply to Quinn. We really need for something good to happen out of the web spun by Phil.

Between guys with questionable ability or questionable behavior, the Savage era might have been worse than Butch.

Anyway, I am going to disregard the last few conversations we have had and go back to thinking of you as the guy 100 miles up the road.

Very well said and thank you for that last part. We're cool. For what it's worth, I've always enjoyed reading your posts and I look forward to more of the same in the future.

Let's hope 2009 heads toward upside. I'm excited about April - I have a feeling we're going to be increasing our volume of picks.

- Tom F.

The worst part is finding out now how much he locked up into GUARANTEED roster bonuses. Pisses me off to find out that money has to paid whether the guys are on the team or not.

Guest Aloysius
Report: Stallworth Over Legal Limit, Unconfirmed

An attorney representing Cleveland Browns receiver Donte' Stallworth, along with Miami Beach Police, have said they cannot confirm media reports that Stallworth has been found over the legal limit for driving while intoxicated in connection with a traffic accident that left a Miami man dead on the MacArthur Causeway last weekend.

The report, broadcast at noon on a South Florida television station, cited unnamed sources "close to the investigation" in reporting Stallworth's blood alcohol limit from a test done shortly after the accident, was "slightly over the legal limit."

Can we just release him and walk away ? if he goes into the slammer, will we still have to honor the contract and will it count towards our salary cap ?

i think that there is a clause in all professional contracts saying that if the player is convicted of a felony and is sentenced to jail then yes we can cancel the contract and save money.

Can we just release him and walk away ? if he goes into the slammer, will we still have to honor the contract and will it count towards our salary cap ?

Here's where the Browns are and a reason they won't release him. They will only suspend him at this point I would imagine. When he signed with the Browns he was given a signing bonus of about $4.5 million (don't know if that is exact). I know he was guaranteed over $9 million with his contract. He was given another bonus of $4+ million the day before the accident.

Although he was given the signing bonus in cash, that amount was divided equally by the number of years he signed for and that + his salary is the cap hit. If he is released the remainder of the bonus that was spread over the life of the contract will all be applied to this years cap. Know, I don't know if what he was given this year can be canceled or not. so, the problem is guaranteed $$ that have already been received. Since this years was divided into two installments, they may be able to get out of half because of a morals clause in every players contract.

They could suspend him and not have to take anymore additional cap hit and won't have to pay his salary. But if he is released all the bonus money will become cap income since it has already been paid.

Might be better off suspending him so we won't have to pay his salary. If you wait until after June 1st (I believe that's the date) to release him then the cap bonus money can be spread over this year and next year. And, we know that there may not be a cap next year.

So, it isn't about what he is owed, it is about what he has already been paid and hasn't claimed toward the cap yet.

Source: Donté Stallworth was drunk at time of fatal accident

BY JENNIFER LEBOVICH

jlebovich@MiamiHerald.com

Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donté Stallworth was driving drunk -- blood alcohol tests showed he was over the legal limit -- last weekend when he struck and killed a pedestrian with his Bentley in Miami Beach, a source with knowledge of the investigation told The Miami Herald.

Miami Beach police would not confirm Stallworth had a blood alcohol above the legal limit.

''We have not released anything regarding the blood work,'' said Jenny Velazquez, a Miami Beach police spokeswoman. ``We're not confirming anything.''

WSVN-Fox reported Thursday afternoon that Stallwroth's blood alcohol level was .12. The legal limit is .08.

No charges have been filed against Stallworth, 28, who is seen on a video obtained by The Herald being given a sobriety test by two Miami Beach police officers.

Stallworth, who is cooperating with police, issued a statement Wednesday expressing his condolences to the family of Mario Reyes.

''My family and I are grief stricken over the tragic accident which occurred Saturday on Miami Beach where Mario Reyes sadly lost his life,'' Stallworth said in a prepared statement. ``My thoughts and prayers are with the Reyes family during this incredibly difficult time.

''Unfortunately, since this accident is still under police investigation, I cannot comment further on the matter at this time,'' Stallworth said.

Reyes, 59, was getting off work as an overnight crane operator and trying to cross the street to catch a bus home just after 7 a.m. He died at the scene.

Reyes was born in Cuba and left as a teenager for a better life in the United States. He worked numerous construction jobs. He was an avid baseball fan, particularly fond of the Florida Marlins. Reyes is survived by his wife of almost 20 years, Catalina, and the couple's 15-year-old daughter, Daniela.

If he was really .12, I can't understand why he was released rather than booked on the spot. .12 isn't so close you might fake out the officers......you slur pretty good at that point.

Something just isn't adding up at this point. We will just have to wait and see......but right now, it looks like Dainty is in a pretty hard place right now.

the thing is that a level of .12 affects everyone differently. A person who drinks frequently may be able to drive at .12. a lightweight will probably wreck their car at .12.

He may have seemed sober to the cops because he can handle the alcohol.

It's still wrong, as any amount can affect your ability to drive. But he may be able to function somewhat normally at .12.

Being a professional athlete, he was probably able to pull off the sobriety tests better than the average drunk

The story about his BA level is pure speculation at this point.

Archived