THE BROWNS BOARD

STALLWORTH UPDATE

titleist585

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just wanted to interject with this little tid-bit....I was living in St Louis when this happened....

After a drunken birthday in 1998, NFL star Leonard Little crashed into and killed another motorist. When tested, his blood alcohol level measured 0.19 percent. Little received 60 days and 1000 hours of community service. Six years later, after the involuntary manslaughter conviction was wiped from his record, Little was again arrested for drunk driving.

For those of you who did not even see this let me tell you what happened.....After a night of birthday celebration Little was driving his Navigator through downtown St Louis when he struck and killed a mother of 2 who was on her way to pick up her children...Little got out of his car and started yelling.."look what that bitch did to my navigator!" When police arrived on the scene Little was screaming ..."That bitch ran a yellow light!" ....which by all accounts dumbass makes your light RED! Little received what amounts to a slap on the wrist for this...only to be arrested for DUI again in the future.

Now if this were you or me????? We would still be UNDER the jail!...Sometimes it pays to have celebrity status and lots of cash!...Who wants to bet that Stallworth gets a 5 game suspension...30 days in jail....and 1000 hrs community service....????anyone???? Especially since his victim was an immigrant.

I know there's 14 or 15 pages in this thread but this was what I wrote earlier in the thread regarding the similarity to Leonard Little and the part of my excerpt not shown was that Donta got in trouble before with the laws of the road:

He (Donta) MAY indeed feel bad BUT millions of dollars don't make you above the law nor does it give someone's LIFE back right??? As we've seen in the past, if you have millions like Leonard Little did - it's just a slap on the wrist in the end. And if memory serves me right, Little got in trouble again on the highway AFTER his manslaughter thing. Lesson learned? If not, why do you suppose it wasn't?

I'm coming from a place that says if priviledged people that aren't ever asked to FOLLOW the laws like other citizens have to - people with HISTORY like Donte come to strike 2. This time strike 2 ended someone's life and impacted the rest of the lives of his family. Had the strike 1 penalty been more meaningful than a $50 dollar fine maybe this guy learns from it and we prevent the recent tragedy so there's a "happily ever after" here. Guess what?

Had to ask why bother when I saw Stallworth went back to Cleveland to start working out with his teammates. Has he even scored 1 TD with all the FA cake he made? Some of the guys we've signed via FA in the last 4 years have KILLED our upside:

Jason Fisk (gas tank was on fumes),

Joe Andruzzi (who allowed him to pass his physical? The same guy that said Suggsy's Spinal Stenosis was a non-issue?),

LeCharles Bentley (bad luck - I cried my eyes out like a 6 year old watching Old Yeller),

Ted Washington (nobody looked at age, waiste-line and gas tank),

Kenny Wright (too drugged up for a Cheech & Chong movie so he gets FA cake in Cleveland),

Gary Baxter (Bad luck - I never understood what prompted us to make him our 3rd highest paid player though),

Andra Davis (HOW does anyone re-up this guy if they watched film or understand GOOD LBing?),

Shaun Smith (he only hit 1 QB and it wasn't on game day or in practice),

Kevin Shaffer (what was up with the absurd cake we threw at that guy to play LEFT Tackle?),

Jamal Lewis & Reuben Droughns (1 good year from each before being reminded of the upside/wear & tear phenomenon),

Corey Williams (Savage said he was brought here for his pass rushing resume so HOW MUCH did he understand the 3-4)

Robaire Smith (PLEASANT surprise from an age standpoint until we saw the reality of what happens with age)

Matt Stewart (Never really impressed us before he tore his labrum)

Joe Jurevicious (Couldn't ever stay healthy because he was too old when we sought his services)

Donta Stallworth (there's a reason NOBODY cared to keep him yet - football ain't 1st or 2nd on his priority list so he gets a $5 million signing bonus)

Derek Anderson (controversial placement here because we beat 10 Pop Warner football teams in 2007 but 31 teams with uninhibited access to him in 2008 want Quinn instead. Upside was 2 months. Downside has been infinite)

- Add up those salaries and you quickly learn WHY you still need to build through the draft. If you have the WRONG guy drafting, you'll do okay in the upper half of round 1. It's the 6 other rounds - he'll gag on. Hence, we just traded away draft picks when we realized we were in over our head. FA makes a team payout far more dollars for the experience and alleged proven commodities. It's been an absolute show stopper here because Shaun Rogers and Eric Steinbach represent the exception to OUR rule. I'm at the point where it'll be hard to bellyache if we hand anyone walking papers for more picks.

- Tom F.

I Agree ... Cleveland has been devastated by a series of Terrible "Luck"... and questionable F.O. moves . I dont know... whatever it is , the True Fans you have left (Surprisingly a Good Number of them) are as Loyal as they come ( a Tad Bitter at times though , lol ) . Personally , I dont EVER want to lose to Cleveland... But would love to see a swing away from all this drama and disaster and become a viable franchise again , there is absolutely NO Humor in Stallworths situation. I Hope the truth is served and Donte grows as a person through this. Personally I would Ignor anyone tossing Barbs at Cleveland over this as an ignorant version of Rattling the Cage ( Much like the whole Steeler Steroid THREAD has been intended to Rattle the Cage of Steelernation) I am personally embarrassed over a Fan who laughs at the Stallworth Situation !!

I'm not sure I can feel sorry for Stallworth in light of what happened.

But he's not an evil person either - he made a very serious and irresponsible mistake and someone else paid for that mistake with his life.

I'd have to think that Stallworth's life is largely ruined as well - at least compared to where he was prior to the accident.

I'm sure his lawyer will vigorously defend him and will do his best to earn every penny of the $5 million roster bonus Stallworth was probably out celebrating that night. But I'd be surprised if he's able to focus on football. I'd guess even though he's reported back to the team he'll be granted a leave shortly for personal reasons. For now, on just a personal level, it's good to see his teammates and the organization - and even most of the fans - supporting Stallworth on a personal level.

Although others are expressing understandable outrage I'd guess that no one's being harder on Donte than Stallworth himself.

But he's not an evil person either - he made a very serious and irresponsible mistake and someone else paid for that mistake with his life.

I'd have to think that Stallworth's life is largely ruined as well - at least compared to where he was prior to the accident.

I'm sure his lawyer will vigorously defend him and will do his best to earn every penny of the $5 million roster bonus Stallworth was probably out celebrating that night. But I'd be surprised if he's able to focus on football. I'd guess even though he's reported back to the team he'll be granted a leave shortly for personal reasons. For now, on just a personal level, it's good to see his teammates and the organization - and even most of the fans - supporting Stallworth on a personal level.

Although others are expressing understandable outrage I'd guess that no one's being harder on Donte than Stallworth himself.

I feel sorry for him, but if all this comes to pass, he made his own bed.

I'm sure his lawyer will vigorously defend him

He or she better. It is what they vow to do and are paid to do.

Everybody is entitled to the best defense possible.

I'd have to think that Stallworth's life is largely ruined as well

No doubt....again....if it turns south on him.

I agree.

It's sad when you see a person really screw up. Sad for the victum, sad for Stallworth. I am sure he didn't plan to do this.

Shit happens.

Unfortnately.

MAYBE STALLWORTH WAS NOT DRUNK.... http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11533119 ..Gotta ask yourself. Does Miami have Breathalizers? YES. Are they sensitive enough to register that 1.4 is over .08 and show he was drunk ? YES... Why wasn't arrested on the spot? How long does it take a hospital to run a blood test? Maybe a couple hours. A police lab a few days at best? Answer...Maybe he was not drunk. Why has he not been arrested yet? Are they running other tests? Who knows? But that he has not been arrested yet. Charged, arraigned, post bail etc. Leads me to beleive the report of the 1.4 is just some bogus leak from an irresponsible reporter.. >> I am guilty of jumping in once I saw the 1.4 on the news too .. But you gotta ask yourself ..Why hasn't been arrested yet . They are allowing him to leave the state??? Does not seem like they would do this if he were facing a felony.. Seems a bit odd to me.. What do you guys think?

to follow on my previous post from note last night, I found this interesting blurb in Roto times this morning (note it mentions nothing of the dui)

Donte Stallworth, WR, Cleveland Browns Sunday 3/22, 8:23 AM CT

Browns wide receiver Donte Stallworth may never see the $4.875 million roster bonus he earned the day prior to killing 59-year-old Mario Reyes, according to Pro Football Talk.

Our View: On the matter of principle, Stallworth is entitled to the money, legal troubles or no, because roster bonuses are earned when paid. However, since the bonus calls for Stallworth to make the 2009 roster, that entitlement will be stripped should he be forced to forgo the upcoming season because of either incarceration or league suspension.

My View: I thought he got the bonus the night before this happened.. Hmm.. If anything maybe the Browns can give the bonus to the deceased's family if Stallworth does not get it.

MAYBE STALLWORTH WAS NOT DRUNK.... http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11533119 ..Gotta ask yourself. Does Miami have Breathalizers? YES. Are they sensitive enough to register that 1.4 is over .08 and show he was drunk ? YES... Why wasn't arrested on the spot? How long does it take a hospital to run a blood test? Maybe a couple hours. A police lab a few days at best? Answer...Maybe he was not drunk. Why has he not been arrested yet? Are they running other tests? Who knows? But that he has not been arrested yet. Charged, arraigned, post bail etc. Leads me to beleive the report of the 1.4 is just some bogus leak from an irresponsible reporter.. >> I am guilty of jumping in once I saw the 1.4 on the news too .. But you gotta ask yourself ..Why hasn't been arrested yet . They are allowing him to leave the state??? Does not seem like they would do this if he were facing a felony.. Seems a bit odd to me.. What do you guys think?

I think they might of took blood because they suspected he was on drugs. 7am drinking the night before and up that early? Believe me, if I was the cop I would of been suspicious he was on coke too. He was in the NFL substance abuse program.

to follow on my previous post from note last night, I found this interesting blurb in Roto times this morning (note it mentions nothing of the dui)

Donte Stallworth, WR, Cleveland Browns Sunday 3/22, 8:23 AM CT

Browns wide receiver Donte Stallworth may never see the $4.875 million roster bonus he earned the day prior to killing 59-year-old Mario Reyes, according to Pro Football Talk.

Our View: On the matter of principle, Stallworth is entitled to the money, legal troubles or no, because roster bonuses are earned when paid. However, since the bonus calls for Stallworth to make the 2009 roster, that entitlement will be stripped should he be forced to forgo the upcoming season because of either incarceration or league suspension.

My View: I thought he got the bonus the night before this happened.. Hmm.. If anything maybe the Browns can give the bonus to the deceased's family if Stallworth does not get it.

$4.875 million buys a lot of 8-balls

I Agree ... Cleveland has been devastated by a series of Terrible "Luck"... and questionable F.O. moves . I dont know... whatever it is , the True Fans you have left (Surprisingly a Good Number of them) are as Loyal as they come ( a Tad Bitter at times though , lol ) . Personally , I dont EVER want to lose to Cleveland... But would love to see a swing away from all this drama and disaster and become a viable franchise again , there is absolutely NO Humor in Stallworths situation. I Hope the truth is served and Donte grows as a person through this. Personally I would Ignor anyone tossing Barbs at Cleveland over this as an ignorant version of Rattling the Cage ( Much like the whole Steeler Steroid THREAD has been intended to Rattle the Cage of Steelernation) I am personally embarrassed over a Fan who laughs at the Stallworth Situation !!

I am really surprised that there is actually a classy Steeler fan out there. Because to be honest Freak, many Cleveland Browns fans hate the Steelers because of the fans and not the Steelers team. They are a well run team with storied history, there is no denying that. But the ignorance and arrogance that spews from Pittsburgh and from the front running fans elsewhere in the US, is appalling. People coming on to a Browns board making fun of someone dying is sick. I appreciate your honesty, hopefully your class can rub off on some of the other hillbillies in Stooler nation.

First thoughts and prayers go out to the deceased family and friends, dealing wtih this very complex situation is just that (a complex situation). While we don't have all the facts of this case, a blind man can see it doesn't look good for Stallworth. As a big fan of Crabtree I still would never wish anything like this to get him, so I wish my best to all the families and friends on both sides of this tradgedy. GO BROWNS!!

SIXpak... My take on Donte , is I DO Feel sorry for him. Nobody WANTS to be in that situation and if he had an inkling that he was gonna perhps , maybe . possibly KILL a man that night he wouldnt have got behind that wheel. WRONG to even TAKE THAT CHANCE ??? Oh yes.... but we ALLLLLLL Make mistakes in life. And this dude is Gonna Pay and NEEDS to pay for the "Mistake". But a Mistake it is... We all think it wont happen to US !! How many here have ever got behind the wheel of their car and drove home and had been drinking... at least ONE Time ?? Fortunately I have NEVER been a drinker , but If I were I am sure a time would come up when you felt "hey let me just Sneak home and , nothing is gonna happen" , and I am NOT excusing Stallworth , but I truly feel sorry for him. WORSE for the Family of the Victim by far , but he didnt intentionally set out to Kill or even injure a man. And PAY He will ... now and for the rest of his life in his conscious.

I think they might of took blood because they suspected he was on drugs. 7am drinking the night before and up that early? Believe me, if I was the cop I would of been suspicious he was on coke too. He was in the NFL substance abuse program.

Kosar4prez... Sorry but like ALL Fanbases Idiots like to Stand up tall. I know TONS of Steeler fans who are Classy and dont spend time Piling on our Rivals , they unfortunately dont frequent these Boards. Stupid stands out like a sore thumb ... I shake my head many times reading some of this crap (Both ways) but I do understand what your saying... Ignor them , they feed on your emotional responses. LOL... Ya I know thats hard to do . I Feel your Pain.

I just found another calculator that allowed me to calculate more hours and more drinks. This calculator is made by one of the companies that manufactures a DUI breathalizer.

a 200 lb male drinking 18 beers over 12 hours will blow .13

Stallworth blew a .14. Maybe 19 beers over 12 hours?

I know I'd be completely trashed....If I had started at 7 pm, drank 19 beers and was still up at 7 AM, I'd be trashed and tired!

This is very general and, as studies have shown, not true in everyone.

As a rule of thumb, most beers have the same amount of alcohol as a shot. Many cocktails contain more than one shot.

One drink will raise the blood alcohol of most people .02-.03 per drink. In a female BAC rises faster than in a male due to differences in alcohol absorption in the stomach and % of body fat.

It takes 40 to 60 minutes for the body to break down one drink and lower the BAC by a similar amount.

A person whose body has more muscle will have a lower BAC than a person of the same size with a higher percentage of body fat.

Typically:

.02-.03 warm and relaxed

.05-.06 sensory impairment (That's one reason parties get so loud.)

.08 balance and fine muscle coordination are affected but a person with this BAC doesn't "look" drunk

.11-.12 Judgement is impaired. Coordination worsens.

.15 This person definitely looks like the stereotypically "drunk" person. Slurred speech. Staggering. Exaggerated moods, etc.

.20 Needs help to move about

Anything above this can cause respiratory impairment that can lead to death depending on a variety of individual factors.

.60 = Death

One should assume that any amount of alcohol on board slows reflexes.

A person who is an alcohol abuser can develop a tolerance for alcohol and behavior will not necessarily correlate with BAC even though there is still sensory impairment, slowing of reflexes, etc. Scientists don't know why, but a small percentage of people can simply drink a lot more than other people without the expected rise in BAC. The presence of other medications in the body can exaggerate the effects of the alcohol.

Again, this is all very general.

A friend of a friend of a friend has a son serving prison time because he was involved in a car crash which resulted in a fatality. His BAC was above zero but below the legal limit. The "legal limit" doesn't really matter much when a fatality is the outcome. A real tragedy which changed his life dramatically.

Cleveland Browns not likely to recoup any of Donte Stallworth's roster bonus

by Tony Grossi / Plain Dealer Reporter

Monday March 23, 2009, 1:55 PM

Donte StallworthDANA POINT, Calif. -- If Donte Stallworth can't perform for the Browns in 2009, he still might be able to keep the $4.75 million roster bonus he earned the day before his car struck and killed a pedestrian in Miami Beach.

Even if the Browns had specific forfeiture language in Stallworth's contract, the players union would contend that the collective bargaining agreement supercedes it, based on similar cases.

"They will have to fight to get it back," said one team executive at the NFL owners meetings.

"Good luck," said another.

Stallworth has not been charged in the March 14 accident.

Recouping bonus money from players was made tougher for teams when the CBA was extended in 2006. Teams were limited to recouping only the pro-rated portions of a signing bonus if a player breached his contract by being suspended or committing a crime.

"We lost all that stuff (in the extension)," one of the sources said.

Correcting that huge oversight is just one reason the owners opted out of the CBA, setting up a future labor fight.

Based on precedent, the Browns would be entitled to a pro-rated portion of Stallworth's original signing bonus if legal issues prevented him from playing in 2009, or beyond. That would amount to about $905,000 a year.

The union's position on a roster bonus would be that Stallworth earned it by being on the 80-man roster on the date of the March 13 deadline. It's probable that the actual money isn't scheduled to transfer to Stallworth until a later date, but a legal skirmish could ensue if Stallworth doesn't eventually receive it.

A few recent precedents in the NFL had mixed results.

The Denver Broncos had to go to federal court to overturn a special master decision and recoup $600,000 in bonus money from Ashley Lelie in 2007. But that was signing bonus money.

In 2008, a federal judge ruled that Michael Vick could keep $20 million in bonuses from the Atlanta Falcons after he was imprisoned for running an illegal dog fighting operation. Vick had already performed for the Falcons to earn that money.

The next major legal fight watched by clubs will be the Giants' attempt to withhold the final $1 million payment of a signing bonus owed Plaxico Burress. The Giants had specific language allowing them to recoup the money in the event of "incarceration or detention by any law enforcement personnel."

Burress is facing two felony weapons charges. A grievance hearing on the Giants' case is scheduled for April 1. The difference, again, is the Giants are trying to recoup a signing bonus -- not a roster bonus.

Cleveland Browns not likely to recoup any of Donte Stallworth's roster bonus

by Tony Grossi / Plain Dealer Reporter

Monday March 23, 2009, 1:55 PM

Donte StallworthDANA POINT, Calif. -- If Donte Stallworth can't perform for the Browns in 2009, he still might be able to keep the $4.75 million roster bonus he earned the day before his car struck and killed a pedestrian in Miami Beach.

Even if the Browns had specific forfeiture language in Stallworth's contract, the players union would contend that the collective bargaining agreement supercedes it, based on similar cases.

"They will have to fight to get it back," said one team executive at the NFL owners meetings.

"Good luck," said another.

Stallworth has not been charged in the March 14 accident.

Recouping bonus money from players was made tougher for teams when the CBA was extended in 2006. Teams were limited to recouping only the pro-rated portions of a signing bonus if a player breached his contract by being suspended or committing a crime.

"We lost all that stuff (in the extension)," one of the sources said.

Correcting that huge oversight is just one reason the owners opted out of the CBA, setting up a future labor fight.

Based on precedent, the Browns would be entitled to a pro-rated portion of Stallworth's original signing bonus if legal issues prevented him from playing in 2009, or beyond. That would amount to about $905,000 a year.

The union's position on a roster bonus would be that Stallworth earned it by being on the 80-man roster on the date of the March 13 deadline. It's probable that the actual money isn't scheduled to transfer to Stallworth until a later date, but a legal skirmish could ensue if Stallworth doesn't eventually receive it.

A few recent precedents in the NFL had mixed results.

The Denver Broncos had to go to federal court to overturn a special master decision and recoup $600,000 in bonus money from Ashley Lelie in 2007. But that was signing bonus money.

In 2008, a federal judge ruled that Michael Vick could keep $20 million in bonuses from the Atlanta Falcons after he was imprisoned for running an illegal dog fighting operation. Vick had already performed for the Falcons to earn that money.

The next major legal fight watched by clubs will be the Giants' attempt to withhold the final $1 million payment of a signing bonus owed Plaxico Burress. The Giants had specific language allowing them to recoup the money in the event of "incarceration or detention by any law enforcement personnel."

Burress is facing two felony weapons charges. A grievance hearing on the Giants' case is scheduled for April 1. The difference, again, is the Giants are trying to recoup a signing bonus -- not a roster bonus.

That would be 5 years at $905,000 which was pro rated and this years bonus was to be paid in 2 installments simular to what is happening to Plaxico's bonus situation. You would also save the salary for the remaining yers of the contract.

That being said, the longer the delay on the charges to more I think there is more to this story. Like, what really showed in the blood report and is it different then what he blew at the scene. Also, why would Stallworth be allowed to leave town if charges were pending.

That would be 5 years at $905,000 which was pro rated and this years bonus was to be paid in 2 installments simular to what is happening to Plaxico's bonus situation. You would also save the salary for the remaining yers of the contract.

That being said, the longer the delay on the charges to more I think there is more to this story. Like, what really showed in the blood report and is it different then what he blew at the scene. Also, why would Stallworth be allowed to leave town if charges were pending.

It would just be the one year.

Any way you cut it, they will only have recourse for this year...and chances are good he may play this year even pending any trial date that is set, which would take the recouping of that money off the board.

It's not like all of this is going to be processed before the season starts unless he pleas out, if it gets to that point. Otherwise, his attorneys will have good grounds to delay things until after this season.

I think to avoid the distraction if this goes to trial, the Browns are just going to cut him loose and wish him the best "as he faces this very difficult chapter in his life"...(in my best PR voice)

We cut him, he keeps the cash.

Police: Man hit by Stallworth wasn’t in crosswalk

By CURT ANDERSON, AP Legal Affairs Writer 29 minutes ago

Buzz up! 2177 votes

Print

In this Nov. 6, 2008 file photo, Cleveland Browns Donte Stallworth in action against the Denver Broncos in an NFL football game in Cleveland. Police in Miami Beach say Stallworth has hit and killed a pedestrian with his Bentley, who was crossing the busy causeway that links downtown Miami with Miami Beach the morning of Saturday March 14, 2009.

In this Nov. 6, 2008 file phot…

AP - Mar 14, 2:40 pm EDT

* NFL Gallery

MIAMI (AP)—A pedestrian wasn’t in a crosswalk when Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte Stallworth hit and killed him with his Bentley, according to a report released Tuesday by police in Miami Beach.

According to the report, Stallworth told officers he flashed his lights to try to warn 59-year-old Mario Reyes, a construction crane operator who was rushing to catch a bus after getting off work around 7:15 a.m. March 14.

Police said Stallworth was driving about 50 mph in a 40 mph zone. They are investigating whether alcohol played a role in the accident. No charges have been filed against Stallworth pending the outcome of blood tests.

A police diagram shows that Reyes was hit in the far left lane of the six-lane MacArthur Causeway—not in a nearby crosswalk. Stallworth stopped a few feet away.

Police also released calls from three people who dialed 911 that morning.

The first, a woman, said, “There’s a man laying in the middle of the road.” The dispatcher asked for her location and a description of the victim.

Then the woman blurted: “He’s dead. He’s dead … He was just laying in the middle of the road. I think he’s dead.”

None of the callers apparently witnessed the accident. One man, saying he was on his way to work, said he “heard a hit” and then saw Reyes lying in the roadway. A few moments later, a police officer arrived.

Stallworth’s attorney declined comment Tuesday but has said his client is cooperating with police. Stallworth last week released a statement saying he was “grief stricken” over the accident.

Stallworth signed a seven-year, $35 million contract with the Browns before last season but was injured most of the year. He was scheduled to receive a $4.75 million signing bonus the day before the accident. Before that, he played for New England, Philadelphia and New Orleans in the NFL and in college for Tennessee.

A police diagram shows that Reyes was hit in the far left lane of the six-lane MacArthur Causeway.

This is the MacArthur Causeway.

i-395_fl_wt_07.jpg

Not that I want to speak ill of the deceased, but what a xxxxing idiot.

It would just be the one year.

Any way you cut it, they will only have recourse for this year...and chances are good he may play this year even pending any trial date that is set, which would take the recouping of that money off the board.

It's not like all of this is going to be processed before the season starts unless he pleas out, if it gets to that point. Otherwise, his attorneys will have good grounds to delay things until after this season.

I think to avoid the distraction if this goes to trial, the Browns are just going to cut him loose and wish him the best "as he faces this very difficult chapter in his life"...(in my best PR voice)

We cut him, he keeps the cash.

I don't think so. Could happen that way but they are entitled to recouping a prorated portion of his initial contract signing bonus and they should go after it. It is important to set that precedent for the rest of the league also. Players need to be held accountable and need to be made to give back bonus money for services not rendered.

As it stands now, everybody wants bonus money and minimum salary for reasons like this or substance abuse or stuff like the Plaxico case.

I don't think so. Could happen that way but they are entitled to recouping a prorated portion of his initial contract signing bonus and they should go after it. It is important to set that precedent for the rest of the league also. Players need to be held accountable and need to be made to give back bonus money for services not rendered.

As it stands now, everybody wants bonus money and minimum salary for reasons like this or substance abuse or stuff like the Plaxico case.

I suppose they might if any of the original was still on the books.....but again.....I doubt it.

The new contract supersedes that and would be the only real recourse unless some judge wants to set new precedent....which would probably be overturned in appellate court.

This is the MacArthur Causeway.

i-395_fl_wt_07.jpg

Not that I want to speak ill of the deceased, but what a xxxxing idiot.

I agree.....might be safe to say the guy wasn't good a frogger???

I apologize in advance.

Looks akin to running the shoreway to forge a shortcut to the stadium.

No thanks.....I'll walk a few hundred extra feet.

First thing that crossed my mind Peens. Years back when I was in the union I helped pave the shoreway and was on that job for over a month, including milling, paving, sealing it and guardrail stuff. It is dangerous as hell out there, especially when trying to initially set up traffic control.

This guy made a huge mistake and it ultimately cost him his life over being in a hurry to get home after working midnights. Probably wasn't the first time he defied the odds, either. His shift probably ended with minutes to spare before the bus came. When you want to get home after work like that, waiting another half hour or so isn't something you want to do.

Archived