THE BROWNS BOARD

STALLWORTH UPDATE

titleist585

I just wanted to interject with this little tid-bit....I was living in St Louis when this happened....

After a drunken birthday in 1998, NFL star Leonard Little crashed into and killed another motorist. When tested, his blood alcohol level measured 0.19 percent. Little received 60 days and 1000 hours of community service. Six years later, after the involuntary manslaughter conviction was wiped from his record, Little was again arrested for drunk driving.

For those of you who did not even see this let me tell you what happened.....After a night of birthday celebration Little was driving his Navigator through downtown St Louis when he struck and killed a mother of 2 who was on her way to pick up her children...Little got out of his car and started yelling.."look what that bitch did to my navigator!" When police arrived on the scene Little was screaming ..."That bitch ran a yellow light!" ....which by all accounts dumbass makes your light RED! Little received what amounts to a slap on the wrist for this...only to be arrested for DUI again in the future.

Now if this were you or me????? We would still be UNDER the jail!...Sometimes it pays to have celebrity status and lots of cash!...Who wants to bet that Stallworth gets a 5 game suspension...30 days in jail....and 1000 hrs community service....????anyone???? Especially since his victim was an immigrant.

Do you think that it may be a bit harsher since it seems this offense is even more frowned upon that it was 10 years ago?

That Little story was very interesting. Thanks.

By the way, If Little weighed 270 when that happened then it means he drank almost a case in 10 hours to blow that.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know I said a .14 was bad, and that it was an awful decision but I do stand by my previous statement that after hearing the reports, and looking at the crime scene, it wasn't Dante's fault, if he was sober he couldn't have done anything different so the fact that he was drunk is really bad luck... I feel so bad for him, and the family of the deceased. The majority of the blame should go on the guy crossing a CAUSEWAY with no crosswalk... I mean, I jaywalk all the time, but running across a barricaded causeway at AM isn't smart.

It was really bad luck for the poor bastard who was ending a night shift going home and got hit by the millionaire in his Bentley, who also happened to be drunk.

Also, pedestrians ALWAYS HAVE THE RIGHT of way. Even if they are jaywalking. Driving is not a right, it is a privilege.

Do you think that it may be a bit harsher since it seems this offense is even more frowned upon that it was 10 years ago?

That Little story was very interesting. Thanks.

By the way, If Little weighed 270 when that happened then it means he drank almost a case in 10 hours to blow that.

A case in 10 hours is weak. I've downed 22 in 3 hours and I was all of about 165lbs at the time.

NFL players must be light weights

Guest ATENEARS
A case in 10 hours is weak. I've downed 22 in 3 hours and I was all of about 165lbs at the time.

NFL players must be light weights

Drinking a case of beer is tough to do just because of the "pee-factor", you spend as much time pissing as consuming.

Guest ATENEARS

It just occurred to me that Mangini needs to get innovated and equip our Line Backers with flashing lights and honking horns, because they've never went around anyone to hit someone else in over a decade.

I just wanted to interject with this little tid-bit....I was living in St Louis when this happened....

After a drunken birthday in 1998, NFL star Leonard Little crashed into and killed another motorist. When tested, his blood alcohol level measured 0.19 percent. Little received 60 days and 1000 hours of community service. Six years later, after the involuntary manslaughter conviction was wiped from his record, Little was again arrested for drunk driving.

For those of you who did not even see this let me tell you what happened.....After a night of birthday celebration Little was driving his Navigator through downtown St Louis when he struck and killed a mother of 2 who was on her way to pick up her children...Little got out of his car and started yelling.."look what that bitch did to my navigator!" When police arrived on the scene Little was screaming ..."That bitch ran a yellow light!" ....which by all accounts dumbass makes your light RED! Little received what amounts to a slap on the wrist for this...only to be arrested for DUI again in the future.

Now if this were you or me????? We would still be UNDER the jail!...Sometimes it pays to have celebrity status and lots of cash!...Who wants to bet that Stallworth gets a 5 game suspension...30 days in jail....and 1000 hrs community service....????anyone???? Especially since his victim was an immigrant.

what makes it worse is that her husband was and still is a photographer for the rams.

since the accident, he's refused to photograph little, but he still has to watch him play eight times a year.

little should be in prison, no doubt. he's not only killed someone, he's endangered others by engaging in the exact same behavior that already proved deadly.

there will definitely be different consequences for stallworth, though, because goodell has made player conduct a point of emphasis, while tagliabue pretty much gave the guys free rein, with notable exceptions like rae carruth.

It just occurred to me that Mangini needs to get innovated and equip our Line Backers with flashing lights and honking horns, because they've never went around anyone to hit someone else in over a decade.

How about something like this?

please excuse the suckiness.

va0090028g.jpg

w678.png

The Miami paper stated that the punishment for DUI manslaughter is a maximum of 15 years but they would expect Stallworth to get no even close to that. I'll say max will be one year, 6 mo served and he'll be back playing in the league

playing with Vick next year. I hope there's something Cleveland can do about his bonus and guaranteed money owed. It sucks if he can sit around and fat cat with money he never earned.

The Miami paper stated that the punishment for DUI manslaughter is a maximum of 15 years but they would expect Stallworth to get no even close to that. I'll say max will be one year, 6 mo served and he'll be back playing in the league

playing with Vick next year. I hope there's something Cleveland can do about his bonus and guaranteed money owed. It sucks if he can sit around and fat cat with money he never earned.

He's going to be ballin outa control in jail, debbie cakes for everyone.

You guys keep making these beer references.... I dont know about you all but I usually just drink Bacardi 151 straight. About 6 shots of that in 2 hours and Im trashed. I think you people arent thinking that people do drink liquor you know. Stallworth probably knocked a few shots back instead of drinking 16 beers.

You guys keep making these beer references.... I dont know about you all but I usually just drink Bacardi 151 straight. About 6 shots of that in 2 hours and Im trashed. I think you people arent thinking that people do drink liquor you know. Stallworth probably knocked a few shots back instead of drinking 16 beers.

Yes, but we're equating it with what white people drink.

You can cut the sanctimonious "innocent until proven guilty" crap already.

THIS IS A FREAKIN MESSAGE BOARD!!! THIS IS NOT A COURT OF LAW!!!! Ofcourse every member in here debating what they think should be done to stallworth is doing so basing thier opinions on what they believe the know facts are at this time. If any information comes out later that shows what seems to be the known fact at this time were false, then you can get on your high horse and tell us all you told us so.

No one here is saying he should be punished before he has a trial. People here are voicing their opinions about what they believe a fitting punishment would be.

And also I'll add to that OJ Simpson had a trial too, doesn't mean I believe he didn't do it and should have been punished. There are many reason why it's LIKELY Stallworth will probably get a lesser sentance than a normal person, and one of those is the fact he can afford a good lawyer who will trot out your wonderful "innocent until prove guilty" line too.

It's tired and frankly silly.

xxxx you JADBF. Try following the goddamn posts to see what I was even referring to, which was Jew's statement that Stallworth should be suspended while the investigation is ongoing, BEFORE any evidence of being under the influence. Asshole!

I did follow, and I did see his comments and I agree with them. Employers have a right to suspend their employees the second they are involved in an incident involving the police. And Jew I belive also has the same opinion I do. The fact he was under the influence is IMMATERIAL, Stallworth killed a man with his vehicle. and BY ALL COUNTS, the man he killed was not drunk himself. So what if a cop shoots someone and kills them? aren't they suspended or put on desk duty while the investigation is ongoing? There are many examples where employers have the right to change the status of your employment before charges are even filed. And IMO and I would guess Jew's, playing in the NFL is a privaleged occupation that brings with it more responsibility and the need for a faster reaction than if it was a garbage man who hit this pedestrain.

oh and no thank you, I'm Straight. Maybe you can talk to lums.

Whatever dude. Also, at the time there was NOTHING of proof indicating the state of the man killed, i.e. drunk, high, whatever. As for cops, yes, they are put on desk duty. That is NOT suspended. For a prime example of jumping the gun on suspensions before proof, just look at the Duke situation. But believe what ya want, I'm just glad I don't live in a country being run by you two, would seem too much like Russia.

Guest ATENEARS
Man all you people are xxxxed up.

Man, I love this off-season ... great intensity.

BTW, no one drinks 151 for pleasure. That's just stupid.

The law is ambiguous when stating who really had the right-of-way at the crosswalk where this happened. Clear;y, the guy was jaywalking, as Stallworth blew through a yellow, not a red.

Jaywalking is an informal term used to refer to illegal or reckless pedestrian crossing of a roadway. Examples include a pedestrian crossing between intersections (outside a crosswalk, marked or unmarked) without yielding to drivers and starting to cross a crosswalk at a signalized intersection without waiting for a permissive indication to be displayed. In the United States, state statutes generally reflect the Uniform Vehicle Code in requiring drivers to yield the right of way to a pedestrians at crosswalks; at other locations, crossing pedestrians are either required to yield to drivers or, under some conditions, are prohibited from crossing.

Perhaps it comes down to state or local law here? I dunno. Whatever the case, this is a horrible thing.

BTW, no one drinks 151 for pleasure. That's just stupid.

Unless it's on top of one of those Hurricanes down at Mardi Gras. then it makes perfect sense.

The law is ambiguous when stating who really had the right-of-way at the crosswalk where this happened. Clear;y, the guy was jaywalking, as Stallworth blew through a yellow, not a red.

Perhaps it comes down to state or local law here? I dunno. Whatever the case, this is a horrible thing.

I finally talked to my brother today. He's a retired cop.

He said that in cases in which he was involved that were similar to this one, the courts will not even consider the fact that the person was jaywalking and that the DUI takes precedent due to the seriousness of the offense. He actually used a legal term and now I can't think of it.

He said he knew of a case where a driver did not yield to an oncoming car and pulled out in front of it and was T-boned.

But the car that did not yield ended up NOT being cited because the driver who had T-boned him was intoxicated and driving well past the speed limit.

He's pretty sure the justice system will look at this situation in the same way. Especially if it's true that he accelerated to beat a yellow light while being intoxicated.

Guest John McClane
I finally talked to my brother today. He's a retired cop.

He said that in cases in which he was involved that were similar to this one, the courts will not even consider the fact that the person was jaywalking and that the DUI takes precedent due to the seriousness of the offense. He actually used a legal term and now I can't think of it.

He said he knew of a case where a driver did not yield to an oncoming car and pulled out in front of it and was T-boned.

But the car that did not yield ended up NOT being cited because the driver who had T-boned him was intoxicated and driving well past the speed limit.

He's pretty sure the justice system will look at this situation in the same way. Especially if it's true that he accelerated to beat a yellow light while being intoxicated.

Your right about the seriousness and the fact there was a death. Put the two together and Stallworth is pretty much screwed.

Guest John McClane
Yinz are now talking about the seriousness of a DUI death when the victim may have been jaywalking?

No wonder stains fans are considered the trashiest in the NFL.

Regards

..... an'at

First of all, how is it that they let steeler fans onto this board let alone a steeler fan that says "yinz". Everything about this guy from his name, to the stupid fat redneck firing the guns, to the F*CKING stupid ass sig, and his little phrase "YINZ" shouts obnoxiousness.

Archived