THE BROWNS BOARD

STALLWORTH UPDATE

titleist585

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The fact that he had anything in his system means he's screwed. We are talking about a fatality here.

Again..... the news report about the BA level is unverified, unconfirmed, fabricated.

Just because the news claims his BA level was .12 doesn't mean that he indeed had something in his system.

At this point nothing has been established except time and cause of death.

on a personal level, if this report is accurate and he was drunk, i hope he at least goes to prison for the rest of his life. the victim's family needs some serious, old-school justice, and prison is a start, though having him executed would, to me, be a far superior solution.

from a business standpoint, goodell's going to kick stallworth out of the league because he drove drunk and killed someone. the league will likely suspend him indefinitely pending the results of his trial, then formally kick him out once he's found guilty, thus negating his contract entirely and saving us the cap hit. goodell might kick him out even if he wasn't drunk.

in the event he's found innocent, we'll have to take either the cap hit or the PR hit, and i know which one mankok will go for.

this is a very interesting test for goodell, and i'm surprised he hasn't already taken action. he needs to, and soon.

on a personal level, if he was drunk, i hope he at least goes to prison for the rest of his life. the victim's family needs some serious, old-school justice, and prison is a start, though having him executed would, to me, be a far superior solution.

from a business standpoint, goodell's going to kick stallworth out of the league because he drove drunk and killed someone. the league will likely suspend him indefinitely pending the results of his trial, then formally kick him out once he's found guilty, thus negating his contract entirely and saving us the cap hit.

in the event he's found innocent, we'll have to take either the cap hit or the PR hit, and i know which one mankok will go for.

this is a very interesting test for goodell, and i'm surprised he hasn't already taken action. he needs to, and soon.

How can Goodell take action on an issue that has not fully been verified yet? Secondly... you would like to see him spend the rest of his life in jail? My twin nephews were shot and killed a week ago along with their mother, sister and aunt. The man who did it... went to jail for murder once before and was released. Those... type of individuals should spend life in prison! Stallworth most likely got wasted earlier that night/morning... slept till 7ish and headed home with a freakish hangover and accidently hit this poor man. Yet he deserves life or the death pen.??? What kind of justice is that? Correctional Facilities are supposed to "correct" not torture for life ones -ONE mistake.

How can Goodell take action on an issue that has not fully been verified yet? Secondly... you would like to see him spend the rest of his life in jail? My twin nephews were shot and killed a week ago along with their mother, sister and aunt. The man who did it... went to jail for murder once before and was released. Those... type of individuals should spend life in prison! Stallworth most likely got wasted earlier that night/morning... slept till 7ish and headed home with a freakish hangover and accidently hit this poor man. Yet he deserves life or the death pen.??? What kind of justice is that? Correctional Facilities are supposed to "correct" not torture for life ones -ONE mistake.

first, i'm sorry for your loss. i can't imagine your pain, and i'm sorry you have to go through it. it's terrible, and i hope the person who did it at least goes to prison for the rest of his life.

on goodell: he can take action right now because we already know that stallworth was operating a vehicle that killed someone. that's reason enough for him to be suspended pending investigation.

and i can't decide whether you're right or not about whether i overreacted re: his punishment, though my initial assessment was based on his being drunk. i personally believe, which isn't something that anyone else has to agree with, that people who simply get caught driving drunk should either lose their licenses for five years or face insane, crippling fines. when adding manslaughter to that belief, it's not unreasonable, to me, that he go to prison for an extended term. DUI manslaughter represents such a severe lapse in, or utter lack of, judgment that the person who commits it obviously has little to no grasp of how to function in society.

and correctional facilities don't help people. our current system of rehabilitating criminals psychologically damages people far more than rebuilding them, but that's a completely different debate.

Guest Masters
If he was really .12, I can't understand why he was released rather than booked on the spot. .12 isn't so close you might fake out the officers......you slur pretty good at that point.

Something just isn't adding up at this point. We will just have to wait and see......but right now, it looks like Dainty is in a pretty hard place right now.

There are plenty of people who don't slur at .12 and people who do at below .08. Alcohol does not effect everyone the same. Also keep in mind police didn't pull him over. They were on the scene after the accident. A accident like that can certainly sober up a persons senses as well as cloud things for a cop. You run down someone, you are not going to be speaking clearly either way.

At the end of the day, Stallworth was a dd, and he is gonna see time.

There are plenty of people who don't slur at .12 and people who do at below .08. Alcohol does not effect everyone the same. Also keep in mind police didn't pull him over. They were on the scene after the accident. A accident like that can certainly sober up a persons senses as well as cloud things for a cop. You run down someone, you are not going to be speaking clearly either way.

At the end of the day, Stallworth was a dd, and he is gonna see time.

Lesson for the day, keep a syringe full of adrenaline in your glove box in case you get pulled over while drunk!

And a vile of insulin to look legit.

Guest Masters
Lesson for the day, keep a syringe full of adrenaline in your glove box in case you get pulled over while drunk!

And a vile of insulin to look legit.

LMAO

Guest TheJokersWILD

I know a couple of Trumbull County sheriff's deputies and said he is screwed IF he has even the slightest of anything in his blood because it was a fataility.

Guest TheJokersWILD
Again..... the news report about the BA level is unverified, unconfirmed, fabricated.

Just because the news claims his BA level was .12 doesn't mean that he indeed had something in his system.

At this point nothing has been established except time and cause of death.

I fixed it.

on a personal level, if this report is accurate and he was drunk, i hope he at least goes to prison for the rest of his life. the victim's family needs some serious, old-school justice, and prison is a start, though having him executed would, to me, be a far superior solution.

LOL.....geesh

first, i'm sorry for your loss. i can't imagine your pain, and i'm sorry you have to go through it. it's terrible, and i hope the person who did it at least goes to prison for the rest of his life.

on goodell: he can take action right now because we already know that stallworth was operating a vehicle that killed someone. that's reason enough for him to be suspended pending investigation.

and i can't decide whether you're right or not about whether i overreacted re: his punishment, though my initial assessment was based on his being drunk. i personally believe, which isn't something that anyone else has to agree with, that people who simply get caught driving drunk should either lose their licenses for five years or face insane, crippling fines. when adding manslaughter to that belief, it's not unreasonable, to me, that he go to prison for an extended term. DUI manslaughter represents such a severe lapse in, or utter lack of, judgment that the person who commits it obviously has little to no grasp of how to function in society.

and correctional facilities don't help people. our current system of rehabilitating criminals psychologically damages people far more than rebuilding them, but that's a completely different debate.

Not really. A lot of people are involved in deadly accidents each year, some no fault and some where they are at fault for various reasons. Why should anyone be suspended from their job while an investigation is ongoing? Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Not really. A lot of people are involved in deadly accidents each year, some no fault and some where they are at fault for various reasons. Why should anyone be suspended from their job while an investigation is ongoing? Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

because he was driving a car that killed someone. regardless of any mitigating circumstances, we know stallworth was driving, we know he hit mario reyes, and we know that reyes subsequently died as a result.

if that's not a good reason for someone to be suspended from a job that's a privilege, then i don't know what is.

Yeah, a news break just said .14. I'll tell you what, that's pretty messed up. He either got shit housed the night before and crashed a little bit or started drinking late and never went to bed. I find it hard to believe he was let go, at .14 it's almost impossible to disguise it (at least your eyes) and you'd think he'd smell of liquor also. Apparently the cops were not completely convinced for whatever reason and knew they were getting blood regardless.

Also, this tells me he is a professional drinker. As Masters said, some people can handle a higher blood content and seems to have a damn good tolerance going, which is a sure sign of a steady and regular drinker. Those types also have a lot of confidence in their driving ability adn tend to feel invincible. Kind of the anti stoner dude who drives 40 on the interstate with both hands on the wheel squinting at the road thinking they are speeding.

I heard 1.4 also. ..it's quite tragic. But before all you guys scream for his head on a platter. Those who can search their hearts honestly.. I am willing to bet that a good many guys on this board have driven at 1.4 before themselves. If 3 beers in an hour or so gets you to .08.... it's not a whole lot of drinking to get to 1.4.. Stallworth will certainly be punished within the limits of the law. He likely has a large insurance policy the family of this man will get as stallworth qualifies as a celebrity and they usually cannot get standard insurance..Nothing will ever compansate this family..

If they get a GOOD attorney they will try to find out what bar was serving him drinks.. make a "dram shop" claim and file suit against them..they will also take donte to court and get an excess judgement vs his insurance policy and drain off any assets he has.. so he likely will be penniless when he gets out of prison..which he will some day.. Not sure if he got a degree from school or not..but his football days are LONG GONE.. I feel sorry for, and will pray for both of these families who will be agonizing this for years. So before you start declaring what his punishment should be.. I am sure he will get a fitting punishment.. He really has nothing in his favor.

I heard 1.4 also. ..it's quite tragic. But before all you guys scream for his head on a platter. Those who can search their hearts honestly.. I am willing to bet that a good many guys on this board have driven at 1.4 before themselves. If 3 beers in an hour or so gets you to .08.... it's not a whole lot of drinking to get to 1.4.. Stallworth will certainly be punished within the limits of the law. He likely has a large insurance policy the family of this man will get as stallworth qualifies as a celebrity and they usually cannot get standard insurance..Nothing will ever compansate this family..

If they get a GOOD attorney they will try to find out what bar was serving him drinks.. make a "dram shop" claim and file suit against them..they will also take donte to court and get an excess judgement vs his insurance policy and drain off any assets he has.. so he likely will be penniless when he gets out of prison..which he will some day.. Not sure if he got a degree from school or not..but his football days are LONG GONE.. I feel sorry for, and will pray for both of these families who will be agonizing this for years. So before you start declaring what his punishment should be.. I am sure he will get a fitting punishment.. He really has nothing in his favor.

you must be drunk now 1.4 you'd be dead lol

I feel sorry for, and will pray for both of these families who will be agonizing this for years. So before you start declaring what his punishment should be.. I am sure he will get a fitting punishment.. He really has nothing in his favor.

Here here!

Those that have not drove after a few beers or shots or both, or say a few shots of Jack and some coke....

I degress...

I think as human beings we should be able to muster a little sympathy for both families.

Yeah, a news break just said .14. I'll tell you what, that's pretty messed up.

Ummmm......nope.

3 beers in an hour will put you at around .09......one more shortly thereafter (or a shot thrown in somewhere in the mix) and you're right around where he was. I appreciate that one should never drive after drinking. I won't drive if I've had a single beer in the last couple hours....but to call .14 "messed up" is just ignorance. They put him through a field sobriety test. He did well enough to be released. That's a far cry from "messed up."

A few (literally) beers and a shot can put you at .14 easily. There are very few people I know that get fall-down drunk off of a few drinks.

And just for clarification, I'm not defending the idiot....I just wanted to point out that .14 isn't being wasted, as some seem to think. It's definitely too much to be driving, but it's nowhere near being what most would consider "drunk," aside from being behind the wheel.

because he was driving a car that killed someone. regardless of any mitigating circumstances, we know stallworth was driving, we know he hit mario reyes, and we know that reyes subsequently died as a result.

if that's not a good reason for someone to be suspended from a job that's a privilege, then i don't know what is.

No, being the driver of a car that is involved in an accident that involves a fatality is NOT good enough reason for ANYONE to be suspended from their job WHILE the investigation is ongoing. Once the investigation is complete, if wrongdoing is confirmed (as in this case it seems), then that's a different matter entirely.

No, being the driver of a car that is involved in an accident that involves a fatality is NOT good enough reason for ANYONE to be suspended from their job WHILE the investigation is ongoing. Once the investigation is complete, if wrongdoing is confirmed (as in this case it seems), then that's a different matter entirely.

we disagree. i'm not going to argue.

I know I said a .14 was bad, and that it was an awful decision but I do stand by my previous statement that after hearing the reports, and looking at the crime scene, it wasn't Dante's fault, if he was sober he couldn't have done anything different so the fact that he was drunk is really bad luck... I feel so bad for him, and the family of the desceased. The moajority of the blame should go on the guy crossing a CAUSEWAY with no crosswalk... I mean, I jaywalk all the time, but running across a barricaded causeway at 7am isnt smart.

The only problem with this SezEJ is the time of day it happened. This tells us that not only was he drinking a lot, but he had been doing it all night long and is now driving with little to no sleep. That makes him ridiculously irresponsible. Being drunk and driving is one thing...being drunk and terribly tired on top of it just makes it that much more aggravating in my eyes.

I think he should go to prison for many years.

I just used an online calculator for DUI testing. I don't know if they vary or not. But this calculator said that a 200 lb male drinking ten 12 ounce beers over a 6 hour period will blow .13

I don't drink much at all and I weigh 200 lbs. If I drink 10 in 6 hours I'm trashed.

I just used an online calculator for DUI testing. I don't know if they vary or not. But this calculator said that a 200 lb male drinking ten 12 ounce beers over a 6 hour period will blow .13

I don't drink much at all and I weigh 200 lbs. If I drink 10 in 6 hours I'm trashed.

I just found another calculator that allowed me to calculate more hours and more drinks. This calculator is made by one of the companies that manufactures a DUI breathalizer.

a 200 lb male drinking 18 beers over 12 hours will blow .13

Stallworth blew a .14. Maybe 19 beers over 12 hours?

I know I'd be completely trashed....If I had started at 7 pm, drank 19 beers and was still up at 7 AM, I'd be trashed and tired!

I just wanted to interject with this little tid-bit....I was living in St Louis when this happened....

After a drunken birthday in 1998, NFL star Leonard Little crashed into and killed another motorist. When tested, his blood alcohol level measured 0.19 percent. Little received 60 days and 1000 hours of community service. Six years later, after the involuntary manslaughter conviction was wiped from his record, Little was again arrested for drunk driving.

For those of you who did not even see this let me tell you what happened.....After a night of birthday celebration Little was driving his Navigator through downtown St Louis when he struck and killed a mother of 2 who was on her way to pick up her children...Little got out of his car and started yelling.."look what that bitch did to my navigator!" When police arrived on the scene Little was screaming ..."That bitch ran a yellow light!" ....which by all accounts dumbass makes your light RED! Little received what amounts to a slap on the wrist for this...only to be arrested for DUI again in the future.

Now if this were you or me????? We would still be UNDER the jail!...Sometimes it pays to have celebrity status and lots of cash!...Who wants to bet that Stallworth gets a 5 game suspension...30 days in jail....and 1000 hrs community service....????anyone???? Especially since his victim was an immigrant.

Archived