THE BROWNS BOARD

STALLWORTH UPDATE

titleist585

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just want to know what the hell that pedestrian was doing in the middle of a 6 lane highway?

If he was changing a flat off to the side I can see that, if he himself were plastered and walked out there, well, Darwinism you know.

He was crossing to get to his bus to go home...............................................It was near a crosswalk. Now a witness has come forward and said Stallworth went around a car ahead of him who was stopping for a light.

Not verified yet but a news conference is expected by midday Monday from the police dept. and county prosecutor.

I just want to know what the hell that pedestrian was doing in the middle of a 6 lane highway?

If he was changing a flat off to the side I can see that, if he himself were plastered and walked out there, well, Darwinism you know.

I heard he was going to the bus stop after work. same as he does every other working day.. We will have to ride this out a bit as far as stallworth..although I agree we needed to do something even before this... not because of stallworth IMO but we have no 3,4 5 spot guys who can play.. and there are a ton of decent free agents not stars but decent.. I still think we may see Donte as a Brown this year.

Dude, have you been up at 7am since the time change?

It's hardly "sunny" outside.

I live in South Florida and I get up at 7am. It is pretty dark here (since the time change)...I hate it. I was going to post the same thing.

Yinz are stealing a page from the bungles strategy. stains players are supposed to just suck and lose, not go out and kill people.

Regards

.... an'at

this is why people hate steeler's fans. a man dies and all they can do is make jokes about the browns and bangles. this is a very serious matter that should be taken lightly by nobody and joked about by even less people. you are a piece of garbage chuck, not because you are a steeler fan, but because you have no sense of remorse or any feelings at all it seems.

Today, on ESPN radio, they said the Miami police were poised to charge him dui, etc.

So, it's a good guess that he will test positive.

Get the bonus back then, and can him. Cancel contract.

Kinda like how yinz use the deaths of Mike Webster and others as basis for your lies just because you're losers and you despise winners, so go stuff a tampon in it.

Regards

.... an'at

webster was a moron who did steroids and drank like crazy. he brought that on himself. the guy that donte killed did nothing wrong.

Seriously? Is it a tad sanctimonious in here or is it just me?

Good God, people, do you really find it necessary to saddle up the high horse and ride in situations like this?

Does everyone have to post with their hearts on their sleeves to meet your moral standard for this situation? Do we all have to offer prayers to the family of the victim and to Donte Stallworth?

Why?

Are we praying for the millions of poor in the world while we discuss the millions of dollars being given to athletes as though they ACTUALLY deserve it?

Are we praying for the rest of the thousands of people all over the world who were killed yesterday, accidentally and worse yet, intentionally?

Should we start a prayer offering thread? Or maybe a religious board where we can debate the relative strengths of each of our moral compasses? Perhaps a morality pissing contest?

No? Nobody into it?

Fine, then you post what you want and you let me post what I want and how about we quit with the holier-than-thou's in here.

a million thanks for saying what needed to be said.

I'm not saying that I'm holier than anyone by praying for the victim's family... I'm in no way a holier than you or anyone for that matter. Nor am I holy roller or in church every sunday. All I've said is that I was going to pray for the family of the victim (which I do on a regular basis for any news of this I hear) and for Donte because he is going to have to live the rest of his life with the constant reminder that he has taken a life of someone else. I feel that while he should be punished to the full extent of the law with which the Miami police deem necessary. I also believe that while he can pay heavy fines and do anywhere from 20-life jail time that living with the fact taking another life with be far more harsher than anything the law can do....

REPORT: CHARGES COMING AGAINST STALLWORTH

Posted by Mike Florio on March 16, 2009, 12:52 p.m. EDT

Apparently, it’s no longer a matter of “if” but “when” as to whether Browns receiver Donte’ Stallworth will be arrested in connection with the incident that claimed the life of a pedestrian in Miami on Saturday morning.

According to Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports, Stallworth is expected to face charges at some point.

Possible charges include driving under the influence, vehicular homicide, and reckless driving.

“The police seem pretty confident that they’re going to charge him,” a source with the NFL told Cole. “Even if he [is] clean, I think the police feel he’s going to be charged with something, regardless.”

We reported on Saturday that prosecutors are preparing to charge Stallworth with DUI manslaughter, if a blood sample shows an illegally high concentration of alcohol. Based, however, on our interpretation of Florida law, it might not matter whether Stallworth was drunk.

If he was driving in a reckless manner, the penalty will be the same.

Under Section 316.193(3)(3) of the Florida Statutes, DUI manslaughter is a second degree felony, which is punishable by up to 15 years in prison.

Under Section 782.071(1)(a) of the Florida Statutes, vehicular homicide also is a second degree felony, again punishable by up to 15 years in prison.

Florida law defines “vehicular homicide” as “the killing of a human being, or the killing of a viable fetus by any injury to the mother, caused by the operation of a motor vehicle by another in a reckless manner likely to cause the death of, or great bodily harm to, another.”

That said, the case against Stallworth becomes much easier if his blood-alcohol concentration exceeded the legal limit. Still, even without evidence of driving under the influence, Stallworth could be facing serious legal consequences even if he was completely sober; as the Miami Herald reported on Sunday night, a witness claims that Stallworth pulled around a stopped car in an effort to get through a red light when the incident occurred.

Bottom line? Stallworth was driving the car, and the car struck and killed a man. Absent persuasive evidence that Stallworth was doing nothing wrong — or that the pedestrian was blatantly jaywalking — Stallworth will soon be facing the fight of his life.

REPORT: CHARGES COMING AGAINST STALLWORTH

Posted by Mike Florio on March 16, 2009, 12:52 p.m. EDT

Apparently, it’s no longer a matter of “if” but “when” as to whether Browns receiver Donte’ Stallworth will be arrested in connection with the incident that claimed the life of a pedestrian in Miami on Saturday morning.

According to Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports, Stallworth is expected to face charges at some point.

Possible charges include driving under the influence, vehicular homicide, and reckless driving.

“The police seem pretty confident that they’re going to charge him,” a source with the NFL told Cole. “Even if he [is] clean, I think the police feel he’s going to be charged with something, regardless.”

We reported on Saturday that prosecutors are preparing to charge Stallworth with DUI manslaughter, if a blood sample shows an illegally high concentration of alcohol. Based, however, on our interpretation of Florida law, it might not matter whether Stallworth was drunk.

If he was driving in a reckless manner, the penalty will be the same.

Under Section 316.193(3)(3) of the Florida Statutes, DUI manslaughter is a second degree felony, which is punishable by up to 15 years in prison.

Under Section 782.071(1)(a) of the Florida Statutes, vehicular homicide also is a second degree felony, again punishable by up to 15 years in prison.

Florida law defines “vehicular homicide” as “the killing of a human being, or the killing of a viable fetus by any injury to the mother, caused by the operation of a motor vehicle by another in a reckless manner likely to cause the death of, or great bodily harm to, another.”

That said, the case against Stallworth becomes much easier if his blood-alcohol concentration exceeded the legal limit. Still, even without evidence of driving under the influence, Stallworth could be facing serious legal consequences even if he was completely sober; as the Miami Herald reported on Sunday night, a witness claims that Stallworth pulled around a stopped car in an effort to get through a red light when the incident occurred.

Bottom line? Stallworth was driving the car, and the car struck and killed a man. Absent persuasive evidence that Stallworth was doing nothing wrong — or that the pedestrian was blatantly jaywalking — Stallworth will soon be facing the fight of his life.

From what I have read stallworth was given a breath test at the scene. He was released and allowed to drive away. So if the blood test shows anything, it most likely isn't alcohol. I would think speculation of DUI isn't what they are looking at, but reckless operation with caused a homicide is definately in play. Now, what that would create, who knows.

From what I have read stallworth was given a breath test at the scene. He was released and allowed to drive away. So if the blood test shows anything, it most likely isn't alcohol. I would think speculation of DUI isn't what they are looking at, but reckless operation with caused a homicide is definately in play. Now, what that would create, who knows.

they let him drive home after hitting and killing someone, you would think they'd take him back to the station for questioning or something

It was reported on the radio today that a source said he actually swerved around a car and accelerated to beat a yellow light.....And this is why he didn't see the guy standing there.

Take it for what it's worth but it makes sense. I had been trying to figure out how in the world he didn't see a person standing in the road. This may have been why.

It was reported on the radio today that a source said he actually swerved around a car and accelerated to beat a yellow light.....And this is why he didn't see the guy standing there.

Take it for what it's worth but it makes sense. I had been trying to figure out how in the world he didn't see a person standing in the road. This may have been why.

That and a twin-turbo W12 AWD car melts your face as soon as you "accelerate to beat a yellow light".

When I did valet parking for a summer job I got to drive a Continental GT.... if you barely tap the gas pedal and someone happens to stroll out in front of you... they're toast.

they let him drive home after hitting and killing someone, you would think they'd take him back to the station for questioning or something

They did the test and they didn't charge him or impound his auto, interviewed him at the scene and said he was cooperative and let him go. It wasn't until later that they interviewed the witness that said Stallworth pulled around a car coming to a stop to try to beat the light.

If he had blown positive they would have taken him in and booked him and most likely impounded the car.

OK....now the worm is turning a bit as more information begins to surface....and it isn't looking good for Mr. Stallworth.

We will see how it finally plays out.

Today, on ESPN radio, they said the Miami police were poised to charge him dui, etc.

So, it's a good guess that he will test positive.

Get the bonus back then, and can him. Cancel contract.

May not be that easy. Atlanta was never able to recover Vick's bonus monies or get out of the contract other than straight out cutting the guy.

Really man.....you don't know what your're talking about.....you're just talking.

Just being up before 7am....I haven't slept past 7am in 25 years

Oh salt me Ballscratcher! Dude, you have more PMS in you than Roseanne Barr and her excuse is she's a female. Couldn't care what your's is. Bottom line: he killed someone Einstain. What part of that don't you get? You blow it off like he just hit a deer or a possum in the road.

Since I couldn't give a crap what you think - why don't go tell the victim's family you know what YOU are talking about and you hope Stallworth gets out of this BECAUSE you're a Browns' fan. And if they give you any problems just use your STFU and you're the only one that knows the real story from 3-4 states away!

And he's got a history of breaking laws on the road. He's a bum and now he's using his raise to KILL people on the road. Do me a favor, put me on ignore from now on because there's too many I enjoy in here to deal with your fussy ass.

- Tom F.

I'm sorry I posted my reasoning on why I think stallworth should do jailtime in the other thread so I won't repeat it here. But the starting topic of this thread makes me crazy.

For me, I don't care how long Stallworth can delay the trial, delay the timing, ect. If he's charged and the facts are as bad aas they sound even with out the DUI part, I hope he never plays another down as a Cleveland Brown.

I wonder how many people's opinion would be different if he played for the Steelers....

Don't use logic - just ask Ballpeen. He saw the whole thing in his beer mug in the foothills of Tennessee. He thinks it's wonderful someone died and everyone thinking Stallworth deserves consequences doesn't know what he knows.

- Tom F.

Oh salt me Ballscratcher! Dude, you have more PMS in you than Roseanne Barr and her excuse is she's a female. Couldn't care what your's is. Bottom line: he killed someone Einstain. What part of that don't you get? You blow it off like he just hit a deer or a possum in the road.

Since I couldn't give a crap what you think - why don't go tell the victim's family you know what YOU are talking about and you hope Stallworth gets out of this BECAUSE you're a Browns' fan. And if they give you any problems just use your STFU and you're the only one that knows the real story from 3-4 states away!

And he's got a history of breaking laws on the road. He's a bum and now he's using his raise to KILL people on the road. Do me a favor, put me on ignore from now on because there's too many I enjoy in here to deal with your fussy ass.

- Tom F.

Give me an break....you and cow can stuff it with the crap. When you were posting all your stuff, no facts were known....but you two seemed to know it all.

It doesn't matter how it turns out...you and the cow were wrong to sit there acting like you knew it all, so don't even start to sit there trying to tell people how you had it figured out.

You and cow didn't know squat. You were just flapping your lips.

Yep....you and cow would have been the two burning women in Salem 350 years ago because you had all the answers.

I never said a damn thing about him getting off or anything about him or I being Cleveland Browns. All I ever said was we needed to wait for facts before running abound looking to throw people under the bus.

In my last post I said it looks like the worm may be turning......but yep...I know, you flipped a con and maybe got it right. Whoopty dooo...I am proud of you. You and cow may have guessed right.

Well....I don't guess on matter such as this....I wait to get the information.

You and cow have a good day.

Don't use logic - just ask Ballpeen. He saw the whole thing in his beer mug in the foothills of Tennessee. He thinks it's wonderful someone died and everyone thinking Stallworth deserves consequences doesn't know what he knows.

- Tom F.

really man....you are full of crap.

Give me an break....you and cow can stuff it with the crap. When you were posting all your stuff, no facts were known....but you two seemed to know it all.

It doesn't matter how it turns out...you and the cow were wrong to sit there acting like you knew it all, so don't even start to sit there trying to tell people how you had it figured out.

You and cow didn't know squat. You were just flapping your lips.

Yep....you and cow would have been the two burning women in Salem 350 years ago because you had all the answers.

I never said a damn thing about him getting off or anything about him or I being Cleveland Browns. All I ever said was we needed to wait for facts before running abound looking to throw people under the bus.

In my last post I said it looks like the worm may be turning......but yep...I know, you flipped a con and maybe got it right. Whoopty dooo...I am proud of you. You and cow may have guessed right.

Well....I don't guess on matter such as this....I wait to get the information.

You and cow have a good day.

What the heck did I do? lol! Sheez....Easy there boy.

The other car might have stopped to let the guy cross the road. the fact that he flashed his lights as a warning isn't good either

The other car might have stopped to let the guy cross the road. the fact that he flashed his lights as a warning isn't good either

There are a lot of mights and maybe's......but with today's reports, it doesn't sound good.

Archived