THE BROWNS BOARD

Put yourself in Haslem & Pettine shoes. Week 1 Jets. Pettine plays His starter QB and we were in charge up to Josh's effort. JM throws 1 Bomb and after that, the team wheels came off. Haslem has got to question "What the Hell was That?" and "Mike Fix It now." Pettine does his job, Preps team and JM to win home opener and not expose JM to losing it. Pettine proved today he values his job Now over the Browns Future since it's only Week 3. I trust what Pettine sees, now its up to his players to respond to his decision. Bet they play their asses off in response to their Coach. Not us nor the f'n media. Pettine job is to play individuals that get the team w's on Sunday Now. NFL(not for losing) Go Coach Pet!! (You only have to answer to your Dad)

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol he needs to do something different drop the money sign, cut it out with the johnny football shit and take a big boy name like John.

I would try to do the same thing for Trent Richardson. Id sign him back for minimum and tell him "we gonna try something different Trent. Cut the fucking Dreads off!!"

"Isaiah, Travis, you're cool...."

Dreads are awesome.

if i'm worried about any position on the offense right now it's not QB, it's the non-existence of a running game.............again.

meanwhile benjamin made like 6 or 7 top 10 offensive lists...........while watkins can't be found on any one of them.

HMmmmmm.

you signed mccown to be the number one. there was no discussion or controversy. he got hurt and the team (with manziel) lost the first game. he was still hurt come game time for the tits so the kid gets the start and the browns win. the number one qb is now healthy again so he gets the start, rightfully so.

i mean what's the big deal?

please don't give this psychobabble about confidence and yadda yadda......i think manziel is fine with the way the team is doing this. believe me we'll see more of manziel this year, one way or the other.

My fact ARE straight. Take off your Aggie-colored glasses and see the situation for what it is.

No they were not straight. You made a blanket statement that he could not move the chains. I showed you that he not only moved the chains but correctly read the defense that allowed the quick first score. Today Pettine made the statement that with a 21 point lead they would have been just as conservative with Josh as they were with Manziel. What is so hard to understand about that. They wanted time off the clock by running. That limits the QB's ability to move the chains due to play calling, not ability. Put your football glasses on and go watch the game again.

you signed mccown to be the number one. there was no discussion or controversy. he got hurt and the team (with manziel) lost the first game. he was still hurt come game time for the tits so the kid gets the start and the browns win. the number one qb is now healthy again so he gets the start, rightfully so.

i mean what's the big deal?

please don't give this psychobabble about confidence and yadda yadda......i think manziel is fine with the way the team is doing this. believe me we'll see more of manziel this year, one way or the other.

Dude, dude. McClown is a has been. A retread. Old by QB standards, hell, a SENIOR CITIZEN who runs into fucking linebackers and gets a cuntcussion because he is a dumbfuck.

McCown lead a drive against the Jets D that was superior to anything Luck did Monday night. He played with balls in the first game of the year, yes maybe a little to much but I'll take it. The coaches know far more about what Johnny can and cant do at this stage than any of us. The fact they let him throw 15 times should speak volumes. McCown earned the start, if he doesnt do well I am sure he is on a short rope.

The shit thing is that the second a play doesn't go our way the crowd will go Benedict Arnold which does no good whatsoever for team morale.

DHBF-- verses the dumbfunk that's wants to continue to lay the ball on the ground with 2 hands on it. Let the 3 site Whinefest continue, Ready Break (clap)

I was hoping JF would get the start, but McCown put in the 1st team reps this offseason. JF had some good deep passes, but teams will figure that shit out. Josh is not a rock star by any means, but he can see the field better at this time. This week is all about our D. Oakland beat up on Baltimore, and I hope it does not happen to us.

I thought your punk ass was banned from here and barfing hard.

banned? Lol...

Sorry to disappoint. I see that you're still contributing the top quality banter you're known for...

I'll admit, I got bored with the myopic, simplistic fanspeak arguments.

Sports media is just like news media, the stations want $$

Johnny manziel = $

Insert the Johnny hype machine narrative for broadcasters..

And ignore the fact that josh McCown went 90 yards against a like to be 3-0 jets team.

Give Johnny as much time as possible, because once he takes the reigns he's our franchise qb we've been waiting for.

When's the last time teams came back on us in the second half and our QUARTERBACK saves the day and clinches the win..

Brian Hoyer a couple times last year.. But he's no franchise qb.

Johnny is our Brett Favre.. Can't wait

I'm not even sure it was the safe call. Start Johnny and Johnny doesn't play well then you can go back to McCown with a clear conscience. Start McCown and he shits the bed then you are an idiot.

But Pet is not concerned with how fans view him, he's concerned with winning games and following the plan they've set for JM. We know this because he said so.

Whichever QB was named starter vs. OAK can be pulled, if they are awful. Which one are you more confident has the psyche to handle that should it happen?

So is the next slip by JG a ban for life?

Probably depends on whether he repeats a past transgression or comes up with some new rule to violate...

Coaches are not immune to pressure from the press and the fans. That certainly doesn't mean that every decision is made based on the mob, but, depending on the intensity, it can play a role. Actually, I think Pettine felt it last year after the Indie game, and it's likely that it shaded his decision to start Manziel (in conjunction, and in consequence of Hoyer's middling play), even though he knew it was a long shot that Manziel would be serviceable in any way. You may see that again. I think the pressure will be even greater this time if McCown isn't playing notably well.

I didn't actually imply that the only reason McCown is ahead of Manziel is because he's likable, but pointed that out as part of the reason why it's hard for me to get upset about the call. But, now that you mention it, I absolutely think that part of this decision is because Pettine feels an obligation because of the original articulated plan, and because of the kind of guy McCown is. I don't think that's a negative in any way. The argument that McCown is owed a chance is not a bad one at all, and, if I were Pettine, it probably would find it's way as one element into my explanation to Manziel for why he'll be sitting this Sunday.

First, on the "likable" bit... I know you weren't saying it was a big factor in the decision let alone the only reason. What I was trying to say was my reaction was my problem... in this case my over-reaction.

Just seems there is always some outside factor that creeps in for a JM backer to accept him not starting.

I disagree on the pressure influencing Pet after the Indy game. I believe it was simply a matter of how low Hoyer's game had sunk at that point... so low that it made JM appear to be the better choice.

Guess I'm the only one who doesn't know what that stand for..........

DHBF = DieHardBrownsFan... our resident professor of elocution...

Archived