THE BROWNS BOARD

That's true. How many fumbles does McCown have per quarter as a starter for the Browns?

;)

WSS

Yep, McCown plays one quarter, fumbles at the goal, gets a concussion and he is our savior and way to win. Yessiree.

Retard would be proud of you both.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, McCown plays one quarter, fumbles at the goal, gets a concussion and he is our savior and way to win. Yessiree.

But the guy with 8 career turnovers throughout his 7 total games in action is CLEARLY the guy to lead us to the promised land.

How could they be so stupid?

The same people who clamored for Manziel last year and made excuses for him when he sucked (and continue to make excuses for his fumbilitis). I don't think it has to do with people against the McCown signing (Maybe they overlap).

I'd have liked to see the kid over McCown, but in all fairness Johnny made plenty of mistakes - and when the QB fumbles every time he gets hit it definitely hinders your chance to win.

I was against the McCown signing, but that wasn't out of any love or excuses for Manziel. He was awful last year and he's only gone from awful to not-entirely-awful to start THIS season.

I see this from both angles. I think McCown gives us the best chance to win on Sunday. On the other hand, I'm scared of what's going to happen if we rely on him for several years while "waiting" for Manziel and not actively shopping the draft for better potential QBs. I know we've been swinging for 15 years now, but we need to get a hit sometime.

Maybe Manziel turns out to be that guy..?

Well, at least "fucknose" made me laugh...

just playing devil's advocate here...

Yeah... like all that was missing from this running debate was a good dose of that. lol

I don't know anybody who didn't think Mike Holmgren was a hell of a hire. Who the fuck knew?

WSS

Just one of many big time front office mess ups. It started with Carmen Policy, and went downhill from there. Phil Savage seems to have found his niche as an announcer for Alabama games. I think Butch Davis is currently running the Kurig machine for Tampa Bay's front office.

Just one of many big time front office mess ups. It started with Carmen Policy, and went downhill from there. Phil Savage seems to have found his niche as an announcer for Alabama games. I think Butch Davis is currently running the Kurig machine for Tampa Bay's front office.

Oh well. Shit happens the fans will bitch like little girls if you don't hire legitimate football people and then again when you do.

WSS

Speaking of "legitimate" football people...

Joe Banner was on NFL Insiders again yesterday. Setting aside this odd, snarling smile he's developed he had a couple Browns-related comments...

Said our D was going to confuse a lot of QBs as it sends blitzers from any look at any time.

Said Wheezy has a great arm, but when you get to the level of experience he's at now and mentally he is no further along than he is, then you have to begin to question...

It's the right decision. Don't tell your team to play so hard, so tough, and then

tell them "gee, you just lost your job because the other guy..."

nah. If/when Johnny takes over as the starter - it's because he gets the understanding

of the offense and defenses... like McCown, and EARNS the starter position.

The "other guy" was drafted in the first round and should be playing Now! McCown knew his role when he signed. Riding the bench another year puts the Browns back another year. They still won't know who their quarterback is going into 2016. McCown is the backup and can't stay healthy. So if we start losing with McCown Pettine's on the hot seat. As he should be.

Pettine lets Johnny play and his job is secure.

Dude better not biff, or I'm gonna shit my drawers. Big time.

Just when I thought it was safe to read and drink beverage, Steak and Eggs clobbered my multi-tasking mojo. Now I'm cleaning coffee off my keyboard. Nevertheless, Welcome aboard SteakAndEggsactlies!

Well...

Stephen A Smith just questioned our starting McCown, so I know I feel even better about the decision.

And, yes... Welcome, SteakAndEggs... I used to eat in your Kitchen...

Well...

Stephen A Smith just questioned our starting McCown, so I know I feel even better about the decision.

And, yes... Welcome, SteakAndEggs... I used to eat in your Kitchen...

Not even a couple Johnny packages- can't shatter McCwown's fragile ego. He put the ball on the ground too- bench him immediately.

Archived