THE BROWNS BOARD

Chip Kelly fired

LondonBrown

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just asking, not implying, but why are people opposed to Chip when he won 10 games in his first two seasons and did so well as a College coach?

Wondering the same myself, also well documented he likes the QB we've drafted in the first round (whatever you think of JF personally)

Kelly gave us the snub before.

No thanks

Difference was back then that he was THE dude everyone wanted. He got humbled a lot in this situation and don't forget the Browns wanted him really badly. The Titans make a crazy amount of sense but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Jimmy gives him a phone call.

Just asking, not implying, but why are people opposed to Chip when he won 10 games in his first two seasons and did so well as a College coach?

He meddles in player acquisition and from the looks of things doesn't know how to do that at all. Chip had talent left over from Andy Reid then shipped it all out as soon as he got control as GM.

Ha!....The Chipper got axed.....well, no surprise there.....talk about dismantling a team....

And he pretty much took Haslem for a ride during the last mating season and then turned, thumbed his nose and went elsewhere.....so, it would shock me if Haslem just sets that aside and tries again.....

No....I think Jimmys pride wouldnt allow him to make that call.....

I'd be intrigued and wouldn't hate it.

Pros:

He went 10-6 his first two seasons

26-21 overall.. Better than any coach we've had

Manziel "broke his heart" when he decided to go to A&M instead of Oregon. Said Mainziel was " Tailor-made" for his system.

We have a good offensive personnel for his high octane offense (especially if Gordon gets back on the field) mobile qb, big #1 receiver, speedy #2, quick possession receivers

Cons:

His ego: He needs to let a GM pick the players

Defensive players hate him because he doesnt believe in time of possession, so defense plays 80+ snaps a game

Some players accuse him of racism

He's not a "people person" some players don't like the way he sees them as cogs in his system and not as humans

What college job openings are out there? Or about to be out there? USC filled, Miami filled...in fact, almost every job filled:

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/159820146/college-football-coaching-carousel-rankings

I don't know if there is anywhere left for him to go to? Unless someone else gets canned at a high profile program.

I will take up knitting next year if this happens cause I won't be watching on Sundays. Hell fucking no. Send him back to college. Last thing we need is someone experimenting with the offense just as Filipo's scheme is starting to show some signs of life. Kelly will come in and tear it all up and we're gonna be facepalming all season long. Even moreso than this year.

Nope. He took a team with legitimate playmakers in Maclin, McCoy and Jackson, and decided he didn't like them, and has replaced them with players he handpicked that don't suit his system or just didn't work out.

Don't let him make personnel decisions. When given a roster, he went 20 - 12 in two seasons. Would be nice to have that in Cleveland. Let a coach coach, and a GM evaluate talent

I liked how Lurie handled this, especially his press release last night. Hell, I can't remember the last time I saw Jimmy in the owners box at a game, but that's a whole different subject............

Absolutely not.

Chip Kelly is not an NFL coach.

He won't be hired by the Titans because the TItans have worked to REMOVE the college-scheme elements of Mariota's game.

Kelly doesn't understand that success in the NFL is not a "scheme" .. he actually thought that running a few plays at high speed would work, and we saw the results of that this past season: Opposing linebackers calling out the play [and tackling for a loss] before the ball was snapped.

He also made many inconceivable player moves, such as releasing an All-Pro G simply because the guy wanted more money... and then wondered why his OL wasn't as good as before.

Bad in the locker room, worse on the field.. Chip Kelly is definitely not Browns material.

Absolutely not.

Chip Kelly is not an NFL coach.

He won't be hired by the Titans because the TItans have worked to REMOVE the college-scheme elements of Mariota's game.

Kelly doesn't understand that success in the NFL is not a "scheme" .. he actually thought that running a few plays at high speed would work, and we saw the results of that this past season: Opposing linebackers calling out the play [and tackling for a loss] before the ball was snapped.

He also made many inconceivable player moves, such as releasing an All-Pro G simply because the guy wanted more money... and then wondered why his OL wasn't as good as before.

Bad in the locker room, worse on the field.. Chip Kelly is definitely not Browns material.

You're right. Because he wins more games than he loses. Definitely not Browns material.

Can we bring Pat Shurmur back?

Archived