THE BROWNS BOARD

Republican Convention

MLD Woody

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cal just realizing now what liberals have been saying for years about ted cruz.

It doesn't make any difference what liberals think of him but when his own party hates him it's a problem. Liberals hate everybody in the Republican Party. It's their job it's what they do.

WSS

Poll: Did Cruz Ruin His Political Career By Refusing To Endorse Trump? Not Quite.

An Echelon/Insights poll conducted on Friday revealed that those who are decrying Senator Ted Cruz’s refusal to endorse Donald Trump, and those who have pronounced his career over as result of the brouhaha that followed, have been quite premature in their judgment. The poll asked, “Do voters approve of @Ted Cruz’s decision not to endorse @Donald Trump?”

Disappointing those in the Trump camp, most of all the candidate himself, who want to savage Cruz and end his career, the results showed 40% of those surveyed thought Cruz did the right thing; 32% opposed it, and 12% were undecided.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/7743/poll-did-cruz-ruin-his-political-career-refusing-hank-berrien

I don't buy it. Trump whupped his ass fair and square and he sounds like a spoiled brat.

Yeah he did Diehard and Trump beat all the other 16 candidates too and set a record for the number of votes he got so why after the convention is Trump not focused on Hillary Clinton? This is dumb. You can't defend it. Trump isn't running against these guys anymore he is running against Clinton and every day he should stay on message with attacking Clinton.

You may see some disgruntled democrats especially after what has come out of Wiki Leaks with Sanders getting screwed over but I can promise you from Hillary Clinton and her campaign they will stay totally on attack mode against Trump and not any other democrats.

Yeah he did Diehard and Trump beat all the other 16 candidates too and set a record for the number of votes he got so why after the convention is Trump not focused on Hillary Clinton? This is dumb. You can't defend it. Trump isn't running against these guys anymore he is running against Clinton and every day he should stay on message with attacking Clinton.

You may see some disgruntled democrats especially after what has come out of Wiki Leaks with Sanders getting screwed over but I can promise you from Hillary Clinton and her campaign they will stay totally on attack mode against Trump and not any other democrats.

What Trump does between now and the debates is immaterial (barring him actually shooting someone on 5th avenue). It literally will not matter by the time the debates roll around and it definitely will not matter in November.

What Trump does between now and the debates is immaterial (barring him actually shooting someone on 5th avenue). It literally will not matter by the time the debates roll around and it definitely will not matter in November.

I disagree. It is like a football game when you lose because of missed opportunities. Every day Trump is off message is an opportunity lost. Trump wrapped up the nomination on May 3rd and had a good six weeks on Clinton to start unifying the party but he wasted that time. Dancing on the graves of candidates he beat in the primary gets him nowhere. If he wants to gloat he should talk about the number of new voters he has brought into the republican fold and how he set an all time record for getting the most votes in a primary. If he really cannot help himself and wants to go after Cruz and Kasich he could send out Mike Huckabee or Ben Carson or any number of surrogates in his campaign and accomplish what he wants done yet he looks like he is above the fray and focused on the general election.

I disagree. It is like a football game when you lose because of missed opportunities. Every day Trump is off message is an opportunity lost. Trump wrapped up the nomination on May 3rd and had a good six weeks on Clinton to start unifying the party but he wasted that time. Dancing on the graves of candidates he beat in the primary gets him nowhere. If he wants to gloat he should talk about the number of new voters he has brought into the republican fold and how he set an all time record for getting the most votes in a primary. If he really cannot help himself and wants to go after Cruz and Kasich he could send out Mike Huckabee or Ben Carson or any number of surrogates in his campaign and accomplish what he wants done yet he looks like he is above the fray and focused on the general election.

Burned Bernie supporters are by far the most important demographic Trump has yet to secure in order to win the presidency. I guarantee the majority of them don't give a damn what mean things Trump is saying about Ted Cruz - if anything, that gives them common ground. The Never Trumpers will get over it once the debates come around and they realize that Hillary might well be the president. Anyone else was never going to vote for him under any circumstance.

Burned Bernie supporters are by far the most important demographic Trump has yet to secure in order to win the presidency. I guarantee the majority of them don't give a damn what mean things Trump is saying about Ted Cruz - if anything, that gives them common ground. The Never Trumpers will get over it once the debates come around and they realize that Hillary might well be the president. Anyone else was never going to vote for him under any circumstance.

I remember in 08 and all the democrats mad that Hillary got beat out by Obama and so many of them said they were going to vote for McCain in protest yet they never did. It was fools gold to think they ever were going to vote in large numbers for republican McCain. I saw a republican gal on FOX leading a group called republican women for Clinton so these things go both ways. This latest revelation with the emails proving the elites in the democratic party were out to sabotage Sanders should help some but you don't see any fire at all coming from Sanders himself who will be giving a full endorsement to Clinton at the convention. It also might help that Clinton didn't take a more liberal democrat for a running mate but I just don't see that many Sanders voters who will vote for Trump.

As for social conservatives not having a choice sure they do. They can stay home and they have stayed home in other elections. If they would have turned out for Romney he may have won in 12. As as for the Hillary scare tactics to force them to vote for Clinton that isn't guaranteed either:

I’m an Adult. You Can’t Scare Me with Hillary Clinton.

http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/07/22/cant-scare-hillary-clinton/

I listened to some GOP and democratic strategists who said the republican candidate should be up at least 10 points over Clinton right now with 56 percent of voters saying she should have been indicted but in Trump we have a candidate with even higher negatives than her.

Ted Cruz gets YUGE applause at Georgia event, crowd chants ‘Ted! Ted! Ted!’

http://therightscoop.com/ted-cruz-gets-yuge-applause-at-georgia-event-crowd-chants-ted-ted-ted/

I guarantee the majority of them don't give a damn what mean things Trump is saying about Ted Cruz - i

I don't think you have any kind of clue about Berrnie supporters. People who supported Bernie did so almost primarily because he was one of the most decent and authentic politicians probably in our lifetimes, we may never see someone like him again. Whether he'd be a good potus or not is immaterial and something that's not worth discussing, i'm just telling you why people liked him. So your assertion that they're going to vote for a flaming cockhole like Trump just cause they hate Hillary is absurdly stupid. They're just going to stay home or write in some other candidate. Trump is not going to woo Bernie supporters with the same demagogue'ing rhetoric that he used to enrapture the simple minds of his base constituency. It's true they give a fuck about Ted Cruz but Trump showing what an ill tempered sour old grouse he is, isn't going to go over well with them.

Trump shojldn't give a fuck what Ted Cruz says or does. And he should say it. The guys in my rear view. But to be setting up super pacs to go after Kasich and Trump is such a bad look. It would have been like Lebron during the finals bringing up Toronto.....like why?

It doesn't make any difference what liberals think of him but when his own party hates him it's a problem. Liberals hate everybody in the Republican Party. It's their job it's what they do.

WSS

except they were pretty specific why they couldn't stand Cruz. Same reasons that republicans now hate him.

except they were pretty specific why they couldn't stand Cruz. Same reasons that republicans now hate him.

except they were pretty specific why they couldn't stand Cruz. Same reasons that (some) republicans now hate him. Fixed

Ted Cruz gets YUGE applause at Georgia event, crowd chants ‘Ted! Ted! Ted!’

Ted Cruz stumps for Mike Crane in Newnan:

Crane, who choked up when he introduced Cruz, is viewed by some as the Georgia Senate’s version of the Texas senator: Independent and unafraid to ruffle feathers, even if it means alienating his own Republican colleagues. Ferguson has been endorsed by the state Chamber of Commerce and retiring 3rd District Congressman Lynn Westmoreland. He’s widely viewed as the establishment Republican candidate in the race.

Cruz never mentioned Trump by name Friday night, but received a standing ovation when he alluded to the “little-noticed talk” he gave in Cleveland. Cruz was booed after his prime-time speech Thursday night after he refused to endorse Trump.

Wait, he declined to insult Trump’s wife and his father? Wow, that’s weird, it’s almost as if Cruz isn’t a childish scumbag like Trump – if only Americans still cared about character and conservatism…

http://therightscoop.com/ted-cruz-gets-yuge-applause-at-georgia-event-crowd-chants-ted-ted-ted/

Keep in mind that the Super PAC supporting Ted Cruz decided to put out that hot semi nude picture of Trump's wife to insult her.

And Cruz' old lady did working for the big Banks and did hook him up with some dough. Everybody's bitching about the banks these days.

WSS

None of the candidates have any control over Super Pacs and by law cannot work or coordinate their campaigns with Super Pacs. If there was any evidence the Cruz campaign had anything to do with the photo of Melania Trump I think Trump would have them up on charges ASAP. Also Trump lied and said the Cruz campaign had bought the rights to that photo which USA today investigated and stated there was no truth to that either.

Cruz's wife did work for Goldman Sachs (still does) and Cruz did take a loan out from Goldman Sachs to help finance his campaign. There is zero evidence Cruz got a sweetheart deal but got a loan at same rates like anyone and used his house and assets for collateral. This is just a total non story.

And here is the biggest problem: The primary is over so it serves no purpose for Trump to continue in attacking republican candidates like Cruz and Kasich. He is not running against them now...his opponent is Clinton.

I don't care if the super pac was directed by Ted Cruz or not. It was a Super PAC dedicated to the promotion of Senator Cruz. They took a shot at Trump's wife he shot back. Rightfully so. And if you want to play the same game as the Democrats why not Grill Ted Cruz as to why he did not condemn that super pack loudly enough?

And whether he got a sweetheart deal or not isn't the point. If these guys are bitching and crying and whining about Goldman Sachs and Wall Street but they're good enough to do business with... Just like Hillary.

And again, yes it's time to go after Hillary.

WSS

as long as all are able to selectively forget the countless jabs and character assassinations given by the Trump campaign

to most of the other 17 candidates and including a reporter with palsy????

WAAYY before Cruz....

then I think the super pac attack is a non issue as well

edit - 16 candidates

I don't care if the super pac was directed by Ted Cruz or not. It was a Super PAC dedicated to the promotion of Senator Cruz. They took a shot at Trump's wife he shot back. Rightfully so. And if you want to play the same game as the Democrats why not Grill Ted Cruz as to why he did not condemn that super pack loudly enough?

And whether he got a sweetheart deal or not isn't the point. If these guys are bitching and crying and whining about Goldman Sachs and Wall Street but they're good enough to do business with... Just like Hillary.

And again, yes it's time to go after Hillary.

WSS

So if you rail against the banking industry you shouldn't use banks and just put money under your mattress?

The absolute KING of the personal attacks is Donald Trump and Cruz did condemn the ad by the Super Pac... what more can he do when he had nothing to do with it.

I don't think you have any kind of clue about Berrnie supporters.

He was my first choice going into the primaries, much as that may surprise you.

So your assertion that they're going to vote for a flaming cockhole like Trump just cause they hate Hillary is absurdly stupid. They're just going to stay home or write in some other candidate. Trump is not going to woo Bernie supporters with the same demagogue'ing rhetoric that he used to enrapture the simple minds of his base constituency. It's true they give a fuck about Ted Cruz but Trump showing what an ill tempered sour old grouse he is, isn't going to go over well with them.

If Trump gets 10-15% of Bernie supporters (like me), he'll win the election. If they (you) decide to sit out or vote Gary, which I'm guessing is around 30-40% of them, then that is also helpful. Both of those demographics are now increasing with the selection of Kaine as VP and the DNC email leaks. Hillary made her bed by giving a big middle finger to progressives. Now she gets to sleep in it.

And here's my isidewith profile just for fun. I truly wanted to vote for Bernie, but he's demonstrated time and time again that he's a limp-wrist pushover, and that's not a good quality for a president.

u4npdH.png

uW963Y.png

Yes.

Or STFU with your phony bitching about the banks.

And GS.

WSS

Reminds me of the hypocrisy of Trump who pandered in Iowa primary with support for even more subsidies for corn Ethanol that is one of the biggest government boondoggles going today. Nothing about subsidies for ethanol will make America great again but Trump was more interested in votes. Cruz and Rand Paul were the only ones with integrity to go into Iowa and take the most unpopular position possible in a state like Iowa that benefits from those subsidies. So much for the myth that somehow Trump will go to Washington and not be influenced by special interest groups................

He was my first choice going into the primaries, much as that may surprise you.

If Trump gets 10-15% of Bernie supporters (like me), he'll win the election. If they (you) decide to sit out or vote Gary, which I'm guessing is around 30-40% of them, then that is also helpful. Both of those demographics are now increasing with the selection of Kaine as VP and the DNC email leaks. Hillary made her bed by giving a big middle finger to progressives. Now she gets to sleep in it.

And here's my isidewith profile just for fun. I truly wanted to vote for Bernie, but he's demonstrated time and time again that he's a limp-wrist pushover, and that's not a good quality for a president.

u4npdH.png

uW963Y.png

I also got Bernie

Clev, I'm pretty much pissed off at the entire system, and I'm rooting for Trump to throw a wrench into the entrenched, corrupt mess. Hundreds of millions have been spent particularly to stop him, so the powers that be really don't want to see what happens if he takes charge. He will also give all the SJWs an aneurysm if he's elected. That's good enough for me.

Beyond that, I have no idea what a Trump presidency will be. He might be good, he might be bad. I think checks and balances will prevent any of his crazier platforms from taking hold. I'd rather take a chance on him actually changing things up, rather than a guaranteed 4 more years of the same with Hillary.

Liberals hate everybody in the Republican Party. It's their job it's what they do.

Ummmm... no...

Some may...

Most might "hate" some...

Same is true of the Republican party.

Disappointing those in the Trump camp, most of all the candidate himself, who want to savage Cruz and end his career, the results showed 40% of those surveyed thought Cruz did the right thing; 32% opposed it, and 12% were undecided.

That would seem more like the results of a poll of the Texas delegation...

Keep in mind that the Super PAC supporting Ted Cruz decided to put out that hot semi nude picture of Trump's wife to insult her.

Bad angle?

So if you rail against the banking industry you shouldn't use banks and just put money under your mattress?

Given the interest rates, it is hard to discern a difference.

OldBrownsFan, on 24 Jul 2016 - 10:18 AM, said:snapback.png

Given the interest rates, it is hard to discern a difference.

For sure. If they get much lower we will be paying the banks to keep our money.

Tbh im pretty much at this point myself. Im not gonna get worked up either way but if its trump than hey, lets see what mincy hands got

Clev, I'm pretty much pissed off at the entire system, and I'm rooting for Trump to throw a wrench into the entrenched, corrupt mess. Hundreds of millions have been spent particularly to stop him, so the powers that be really don't want to see what happens if he takes charge. He will also give all the SJWs an aneurysm if he's elected. That's good enough for me.

Beyond that, I have no idea what a Trump presidency will be. He might be good, he might be bad. I think checks and balances will prevent any of his crazier platforms from taking hold. I'd rather take a chance on him actually changing things up, rather than a guaranteed 4 more years of the same with Hillary.

You can't make this stuff up. After the fuss with Ted Cruz telling voters to vote their conscience we have the RNC chairman Reince Priebus telling democratic voters they should vote their conscience.

In an interview with CNN’s Wolf Blitzer on Monday, Reince Priebus was asked about the boos Bernie Sanders received while speaking to his followers when he said, “We have got to elect Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine.”

“My reaction to it is they’re ticked off, they have a right to be, they were lied [to]—and Hillary Clinton is their nominee based on false pretenses,” he answered. “And so, I mean, I’m not sure whether they have any mechanism to vote their conscience on the floor and rectify the problem or not, but clearly, these people were lied to in the most personal way, so, yeah, they’re mad, and they should be.”

It’s a good thing Priebus’s candidate didn’t lie to voters, like accusing a fellow candidate’s father of assassinating JFK or anything.

It should be noted that grassroots Republicans fought tooth and nail, going through proper channels and following stated RNC rules to call for a floor vote on “voting their conscience.”

Those votes were not allowed by Reince Priebus and Donald Trump’s mob-like thugs, in violation of their own rules.

http://politistick.com/reince-priebus-tells-democrat-voters-to-vote-their-conscience/#

Archived