THE BROWNS BOARD

Republican Convention

MLD Woody

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And this morning Ted explains his principled stand to the Texas delegation... and some ain't buying it.

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/07/21/admired-ted-cruz-faces-fire-and-ire-texans-after-r/

His term is up in 2018... I wonder if the stink wears off by then?

I do kind of feel sorry for the guy because first and foremost it's the fact that he's funny-looking that keeps him from being a viable candidate. He's not stupid and he can speak well if he has the proper subject matter. As opposed to Governor Rick Perry who doesn't seem all that great though he probably is.

Trust me... Perry is not.

last year, a well known retired conservative ranch owner, was having lunch with us, and my

father-in-law, and I asked him about Perry.

he said he was a good man, but was dummer than a rock.

Giving the tabloid, New York Daily News credence? Really?

The "white elevator" thing was funny though. Even funnier? The RNC had the signs removed...

last year, a well known retired conservative ranch owner, was having lunch with us, and my

father-in-law, and I asked him about Perry.

he said he was a good man, but was dummer than a rock.

Yup... that's Gov Rick in a nutshell. The joke in Texas was W liked Rick as his Lt Gov because of how smart he made W look and feel.

Giving the tabloid, New York Daily News credence? Really?

The "white elevator" thing was funny though. Even funnier? The RNC had the signs removed...

Sure it seems ridiculous to remove the signs which had nothing to do with Jim Crow but it didn't take long for the loons to try and make the absurd connection. So it was a silly distraction...better just to take it down and be done with it.

Sure... optics matter...

Besides now the video of the removal can be at the core of the RNC's minority outreach effort... ;)

I don't feel sorry for Cruz because he should have endorsed Trump. The alternative is Hildebeast. I give credit to Scott Walker who was no fan of Trump's in the primaries but still endorsed Trump last night because the alternative is Clinton. You never know about politics in that Nixon at one time seemed down and out then made a comeback to win the presidency but I think Cruz ruined any future run for president by not endorsing Trump. I have hard feelings at Romney, Bush and Kasich as well for not supporting the republican nominee who won with a record amount of votes. Certainly Trump is better than Clinton.

That's not saying much.

Cruz missed a big opportunity last night. He started out with a standing ovation and ended being loudly booed when he could have endorsed Trump and left the stage with a standing ovation. There is NO reason he should not have endorsed Trump with the alternative being Hillary Clinton. For me that goes for all republicans like Kasich, Bush, Romney, and all the others who say they are conservative and won't endorse Trump.

I can't believe people don't get it yet. Trump hasn't unified the Republican party. In fact, he's deeply divided it. He's pandered to the lowest common denominator. Will it work in November? I have my doubts. I have a truckload of highly intelligent hardcore Republican friends that can't stand Trump. So to put the blame on guys like Kasich, Cruz, and the Bush's for not liking The Donald and his tactics- they're hardly alone in their opinion of him. Yes Old Browns Fan- we're only holding our collective noses and voting for Trump- because Hillary is a Liberal disaster waiting to happen. It hardly means we like Trump.

That's not saying much.

I can't believe people don't get it yet. Trump hasn't unified the Republican party. In fact, he's deeply divided it. He's pandered to the lowest common denominator. Will it work in November? I have my doubts. I have a truckload of highly intelligent hardcore Republican friends that can't stand Trump. So to put the blame on guys like Kasich, Cruz, and the Bush's for not liking The Donald and his tactics- they're hardly alone in their opinion of him. Yes Old Browns Fan- we're only holding our collective noses and voting for Trump- because Hillary is a Liberal disaster waiting to happen. It hardly means we like Trump.

Trump's Republican party is better than the one that included the Kasichs', Cruzs', and Bushs'.

The voters rejected that version Republican party with good reason.

That's not saying much.

I disliked Trump as much as anyone in the primaries. In fact at one time I had made up my mind he wasn't worth voting for. The thought of Hillary Clinton as president changed that quickly. Trump is worth voting for by far. On the issues he is pro life (at least he says he is), for second amendment rights and has promised to put constitutional justices on the Supreme Court. Picking a strong conservative like Mike Pence to be his VP further sealed the deal for me.

I understand Bush and Cruz for not liking Trump. Trump many times in the primaries instead of debating the issues resorted to personal attacks which fueled the resentment. Bottom line though it always comes down to Trump or Clinton and Cruz, Bush and Kasich know this as well so why not get behind Trump (unless they genuinely think he would be disastrous as a president but I cannot see him being worse than Clinton) I may not be happy with the choices but that is what we have.

I disliked Trump as much as anyone in the primaries. In fact at one time I had made up my mind he wasn't worth voting for. The thought of Hillary Clinton as president changed that quickly. Trump is worth voting for by far. On the issues he is pro life (at least he says he is), for second amendment rights and has promised to put constitutional justices on the Supreme Court. Picking a strong conservative like Mike Pence to be his VP further sealed the deal for me.

I understand Bush and Cruz for not liking Trump. Trump many times in the primaries instead of debating the issues resorted to personal attacks which fueled the resentment. Bottom line though it always comes down to Trump or Clinton and Cruz, Bush and Kasich know this as well so why not get behind Trump (unless they genuinely think he would be disastrous as a president but I cannot see him being worse than Clinton) I may not be happy with the choices but that is what we have.

The other scenario is Cruz and Kasich see the very real possibility of a November train wreck on the order of Barry Goldwater, and are betting their endorsement of Trump will have zero effect on the election outcome. And want no part of being tied to an epic disaster like that.

The other scenario is Cruz and Kasich see the very real possibility of a November train wreck on the order of Barry Goldwater, and are betting their endorsement of Trump will have zero effect on the election outcome. And want no part of being tied to an epic disaster like that.

From what I read today the Trump campaign knew in advance Cruz was not going to make an endorsement but let him speak anyway. Cruz had no idea his speech was going to be that big of a problem in that he didn't say one negative word about Trump, congratulated Trump on his victory, told people to not stay home and get out and vote and to vote their conscience. The Trump campaign knowing the endorsement would not be coming waited until the end of Cruz's speech to start the booing and conveniently Trump enters at that time. If the idea was to hurt Cruz I believe it did but it also was a double edged sword hurting Trump. As political move by Cruz I don't see how this helps him at all. Cruz entered with a standing ovation and probably would have gotten another standing O after his speech if he had just given a lukewarm endorsement.

Trump campaign would have been better just to let Cruz give his speech and give him some polite applause and exit the stage and let the focus be on Mike Pence instead of making Cruz the story IMO.

lol - looky all the "gallon" member progressive republicrats in here - take your pick

Cruz speech last night was the bomb for conservatives and the constitution-

and his defense today even more proof that he has the balls to stand up to the freaking parade show

Trump (if he is the guy- and its A BIG if) would do well to give Cruz a proper job that fits him

and nominate him for the Supreme Court.

lol - looky all the "gallon" member progressive republicrats in here - take your pick

Cruz speech last night was the bomb for conservatives and the constitution-

and his defense today even more proof that he has the balls to stand up to the freaking parade show

Trump (if he is the guy- and its A BIG if) would do well to give Cruz a proper job that fits him

and nominate him for the Supreme Court.

I would love to see Cruz on the Supreme Court but you know he would never get confirmed in the senate...the democrats would filibuster his appointment

it would be good to see Cruz be on the Supreme Court, though.

the dems will have to openly admit they are extremely hypocrtical

to even the poor, ignorant, free stuff subculture that is locked in

with them.

Trump/Pence will win big.

It was ok for Cruz to talk shit and get Trump started. He laughed t the thought of Trump running for office and never took him seriously. Then Trump fights back with no boundaries and Cruz is pissy. You can say goodbye to any chance from here for Cruz. He's a douchebag with a frozen fucking bird beak face.

Trump's kids have all done very well, what are you Retard or something

The son's are just getting a little annoying. I still just see them as some preppy trust fund billionaire's kids

I mean anything that has the Trump name in it is the greatest thing ever

Archived