THE BROWNS BOARD

Republican Convention

MLD Woody

Also Trump's prevent teleprompter speeches were criticized as dull and monotone - not the Trump they were used to.

That's why I suspect there was some more forced noise and emotion display.

He'll get it, doesn't have enough experience with teleprompters.

Trump needs to find a speechwriter that can write in his voice or prepared text will never sound natural.

Don't drop the fascist buzzword on me tour.

His speech was well received - extremely well received amongst the base.

--

It's better than Hillary coming out and talking about how white people need to apologize for slavery with a fake southern accent and bottle of hot sauce in her pocket.

Key being "among the base"...

Not dropping anything... I saw the resemblance to the classic "il Duce" pose for the first time.

The southern accent thing is a hoot. Accents can infiltrate with time (you should hear me after a week of golfing in Scotland), but time is more than hours....

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe all the negative harping over contrived controversies.

Moochelle could have used an entire speech of Nancy Reagans, and the liberal

drive by media would never report on it.

The media has become owned by the dems and liberal activism and hostility.

Don't know if honest, unbiased investigation and reporting will ever become mainstream

again.

Did you type this or is it a copy/paste from a word document?

Except michelle would have been smart enough not to do it, maleficent on the other hand not so much

I don't think it is a matter of "smart". More knowledge, which is not the same thing. How often does plagiarism come up in modeling circles? And copying designs with a twist is central to fashion design.

Trump's Republican party is a new party, he had the crowd cheering at LGBTQ support...

Not overwhelming, but better than the reaction the Silicon Valley Gay that proclaimed his pride in being gay got last nite. Which in turn was better than the embarrassing reaction the gay, active duty soldier stationed in Iraq (IIRC) got at a 2012 Republican debate.

We never secured iraq. We never could secure it.

Exactly... it was "supressed".

More silliness from Donald. Cruz and Kasich should be in his rear view mirror...he won and they lost, now the battle is to defeat Hillary Clinton but Trump seems so petty and thin skinned he can't let go of any slight...why would he even be bothering with with Cruz or Kasich at this point?

Trump Seeks To Set Up SuperPAC’s To Hurt Cruz And Kasich, #Unity

As the GOP seeks to unify around him, Donald Trump has other plans.

According to a Bloomberg report, Trump is looking to end the political careers of Ted Cruz and John Kasich.

http://www.redstate.com/kylefoley/2016/07/22/trump-seeks-set-superpacs-hurt-cruz-kasich-unity/

More silliness from Donald. Cruz and Kasich should be in his rear view mirror...he won and they lost, now the battle is to defeat Hillary Clinton but Trump seems so petty and thin skinned he can't let go of any slight...why would he even be bothering with with Cruz or Kasich at this point?

Trump Seeks To Set Up SuperPACs To Hurt Cruz And Kasich, #Unity

According to a Bloomberg report, Trump is looking to end the political careers of Ted Cruz and John Kasich.

http://www.redstate.com/kylefoley/2016/07/22/trump-seeks-set-superpacs-hurt-cruz-kasich-unity/

Trump was joking if you watch his speech in context

Fasten your seatbelt...

Tour - of course I typed it and wrote it.

Where else would I find my goofy stuff ???

lol... I was giving you credit either way... just had a "boiler plate" feel to it... like I'd seen it before.

FYI... when I was active in an audio forum years ago I got tired of answering the same questions from every newbie that happened along. So I created a word doc I could copy and paste from as a time saver.

Trump was joking if you watch his speech in context

What is his "tell"?

Reminds me of something I recently read--"The Last of the Presidents Men" by Bob Woodward. Alexander Butterfield and another

WH staffer privately referred to Nixon as President Richard "I'll Get Those Sons-of-Bitches" Nixon.

I dont know anymore OBF - I think its high time the narcissists here, (obama & trump) have their speechwriters duke this out....

I dont know anymore OBF - I think its high time the narcissists here, (obama & trump) have their speechwriters duke this out....

a-republic-if-you-can-keep-it-ill-take-c

If you don’t know the source of that quote, it really is one every American should know. It is said that upon the closing of the Constitutional Convention of 1787, Benjamin Franklin was leaving Independence Hall when a woman stopped him and asked a question. “Well, Doctor what have we got a republic or a monarchy?” The randy doc answered her, “A REPUBLIC! If you can keep it…” Those five words are very poignant because the American experiment was on shaky ground for many many decades. Some of the founders believed it would be lucky if it lasted 50 years. It is a miracle guided by God that we lasted 240 years. But looking at the dire and disgusting circumstances we find ourselves in, I really wonder how many more we have left.

The source is Trump's speech

Ummmm... no?

Donald Trump plans to create and fund super-PACs specifically aimed at ending the political careers of Ted Cruz and John Kasich should either run for office again, after both snubbed the Republican nominee during his party's convention this week, a person familiar with Trump’s thinking told Bloomberg Politics on Friday.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-07-22/trump-would-fund-super-pacs-aimed-at-taking-down-cruz-kasich-iqybu9m1

"a person familiar with Trump's thinking"

Somebody who watched him talk

Trump "thinks" when he talks?

What I find humorous is when Trump said: “Honestly he may have ruined his political career. I feel so bad,”

LOL...yeah he feels so bad for Cruz he wants to set up a Super Pac to defeat him and end his career. :D

On a more serious note the vindictiveness of Trump should concern people especially once he will be in control of the DOJ and IRS which he could use as a weapon.

What I find humorous is when Trump said: “Honestly he may have ruined his political career. I feel so bad,”

LOL...yeah he feels so bad for Cruz he wants to set up a Super Pac to defeat him and end his career. :D

On a more serious note the vindictiveness of Trump should concern people especially once he will be in control of the DOJ and IRS which he could use as a weapon.

You are delusional if you think that Cruz is going to come anywhere near the nomination in 2020. It was a nice slap in the face to Trump, but he still committed political suicide.

You are delusional if you think that Cruz is going to come anywhere near the nomination in 2020. It was a nice slap in the face to Trump, but he still committed political suicide.

Cruz comes up for re-election in 18...that is what Trump is talking about. Why should Trump concern himself about setting up a Super Pac to defeat Cruz for the senate when it doesn't affect him at all?/ Oh yeah he is a petty thin skinned vindictive narcissist of the highest order.

It would always have been an uphill battle for Cruz in 2020 regardless but how this all plays out nobody knows...he came to the convention and gave a speech that the Trump campaign signed on to and gave the speech almost exactly like it was written (contrary to Trump's wild accusations) and never said a negative word against Trump but his "crime" was to tell people to vote their conscience...........that is exactly what I tell other Christians who have reservations about voting for Trump.

It would always have been an uphill battle for Cruz in 2020 regardless but how this all plays out nobody knows...he came to the convention and gave a speech that the Trump campaign signed on to and gave the speech almost exactly like it was written (contrary to Trump's wild accusations) and never said a negative word against Trump but his "crime" was to tell people to vote their conscience...........that is exactly what I tell other Christians who have reservations about voting for Trump.

I'm with Bill O'Reilly on this one. You don't speak at the convention if you're not planning on endorsing the candidate, that's the whole purpose of the convention. Trump did not have to offer him a primetime slot, but he did, in spite of their differences. Cruz took that opportunity and squandered it.

I'm with Bill O'Reilly on this one. You don't speak at the convention if you're not planning on endorsing the candidate, that's the whole purpose of the convention. Trump did not have to offer him a primetime slot, but he did, in spite of their differences. Cruz took that opportunity and squandered it.

Politically speaking he did squander a great opportunity to further his career. He came out to a standing ovation and could have left with a standing ovation if he would have even given a mild endorsement for Trump. I think Cruz did make a huge mistake in misreading this and I agree with O'reilly as well on this. The Trump camp however cannot say they did not know what he was going to say as he gave them the speech in advance and they knew he was not going to make an endorsement.

I agree If he could not endorse Trump he should not be up there speaking...that is the bottom line for me so I do fault Cruz on this too. He would have been wiser to just not show up like Bush and Kasich and some others. I think Trump is being hypocritical though when he argues about Cruz backing out of making the pledge to support the nominee as Trump himself rejected his own signing on to the pledge back in March of this year.

Cruz comes up for re-election in 18...that is what Trump is talking about. Why should Trump concern himself about setting up a Super Pac to defeat Cruz for the senate when it doesn't affect him at all?/ Oh yeah he is a petty thin skinned vindictive narcissist of the highest order.

Yup... 2018 will tell the tale.

Ted is all-in on Trump losing big... big enough that his transgression is made immaterial. Should Trump win there might still be a chance for reconciliation, but if Trump should be narrowly defeated, then it's sayonara Ted.

Prior to his near miss this time around, I'd always felt Ted really did not want to be POTUS, but rather his ambition was to succeed Jim DeMint as President of the Heritage Foundation (POTHF?). Nothing solid, but a good bit of circumstantial evidence.

If Ted had a mentor in the Senate it was Jim. Jim defended/supported Ted in this cycle in S Carolina. The Heritage Foundation was one of Ted's first stops when his campaign ended... IIRC. It was at a Heritage function when Ted confirmed Trump had offered him a speaking slot at the convention.

It's no wonder Cruz is so unpopular with the rest of Congress... he's actually a hardcore jerk.

You should have asked me earlier... but I've have said "weasel"...

There's hope for you yet... ;)

Yup... 2018 will tell the tale.

Ted is all-in on Trump losing big... big enough that his transgression is made immaterial. Should Trump win there might still be a chance for reconciliation, but if Trump should be narrowly defeated, then it's sayonara Ted.

Prior to his near miss this time around, I'd always felt Ted really did not want to be POTUS, but rather his ambition was to succeed Jim DeMint as President of the Heritage Foundation (POTHF?). Nothing solid, but a good bit of circumstantial evidence.

If Ted had a mentor in the Senate it was Jim. Jim defended/supported Ted in this cycle in S Carolina. The Heritage Foundation was one of Ted's first stops when his campaign ended... IIRC. It was at a Heritage function when Ted confirmed Trump had offered him a speaking slot at the convention.

It seems to me the safer bet for Cruz was to either not go to the convention or go to the convention and give a mild endorsement. If Cruz runs again in 2020 he will have to get past all the Trump voters in the 2020 primary and I don't see any way he gets their votes even if Trump goes down in flames in November.

The only scenario I see where Cruz comes out ahead in the end is not only Trump goes down in flames but he implodes and shows himself to have not been ever ready to be president and then Cruz looks like the principled guy who did the right thing over party unity.

it will be interesting this fall. I can see Trump winning big, Trump losing big or even a close toss up election..I think the debates are going to matter a lot and might make the difference.

Archived